Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Starting Out

vCash
    So Iíve read a few posts about attributes. A lot of people saying look for 15s from players. But what if Iím in the lower leagues Iím not as likely to get 15s. Is 10 enough in the attributes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mmrgerraldt View Post
    So Iíve read a few posts about attributes. A lot of people saying look for 15s from players. But what if Iím in the lower leagues Iím not as likely to get 15s. Is 10 enough in the attributes
    I wouldn't get hung up on attributes as such, what matters is how much can they be improved. If you have an 18 year old striker with 12 for Finishing and Off The Ball through training you can get those up to 15 at least, maybe more depending their potential ability. If the guy is 27 though, thats it, he will have reached his fullest development.

Also don't worry about players having terrible numbers in attributes that don't matter for their position, Defenders with low scores in long shots or creativity is irrelevant, as long as their marking, tackling and positioning numbers are good for example.

vCash

I'm rubbish despite playing since the games inception... Help!

As the title says, despite playing since the very first CM on the Amiga, I am just terrible at this game. I see people posting stories about how they won the Champions League with a bunch of one legged sheep farmers from Latvia and I've no idea how they did it.

So I was hoping I could appeal to my fellow CM players for simple advice and tips. What stats to pay most attention to etc... Just small useful things. Not long descriptive paragraphs that leave me cross eyed. (Not joking when I say I suffered brain damage caused by severe blood loss. It's caused me to be crap at absorbing information. Memory is shot to buggery.)

Back when CM01 came out a friend told me a bunch of useful tips, best stats to focus on (I remember teamwork was one of them) which got me doing quite well with Southampton but I've long forgotten all that.

In short, the sort of things I could put in a two page document, print and laminate and keep next to my computer so I can refer to it and maybe actually win something after all this time.

Thanks in advance for any advice! BTW if it matters I'm using the March update with Saturn.

vCash
    The easiest way to beat the AI is to download a few top tactics from the Tactics League thread and make a shortlist of players recommended in the Good Players -March Update thread.

If you consider this cheating then the global attributes that are most important are Determination, Work Rate and Technique.

The single most important attributes for each position would be -

Goalkeepers - Handling

Defenders - Positioning

Central Midfielders - Passing

Wide Midfielders - Crossing

Attacking Midfielders - Creativity

Forwards - Off The Ball

For each position there are other attributes that obviously affect the performance of the player, like Pace for Wide Midfielders, Marking for Defenders and Finishing for Forwards, you can find lists of optimal ratings in various threads on the site.

vCash
    Thanks. I don't consider using other peoples tactics cheating, but I don't feel it's "my" team if I use them if that makes sense.

I shall save these out. Cheers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpunkyBone View Post
    Thanks. I don't consider using other peoples tactics cheating, but I don't feel it's "my" team if I use them if that makes sense.

I shall save these out. Cheers!
    If you don't use a killer tactic or have a shortlist of cheap, much better than they look, players then it is very hard to make progress quickly with a bad or mediocre team with minimal resources. Another shortcut to success is just to start out with a massive club like Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Bayern etc...but there's no satisfaction in winning everything with one of them!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678