Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Out

vCash

Which patch to get?

Hello CM fans. I've been playing this awesome game ever since the very first one came out and enjoyed them all up till about 2010 where I decided it simply got too complicated and time consuming and seemed more like work than fun.

I've just now reverted back to CM3, but since it's been soooo long since I played it I don't recall how to patch (i.e. which patch version etc.). I looked around a bit and there seems to be some disagreement whether .65 or .68 is the way to go. Any advice on which patch I should get, and where to get it, would be much appreciated! I'm interested in getting the least buggy game with the most correct information. I.e. no changes to the league format, players etc, just correct information and a game that works.

Thanks!

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Have a read here - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...12-Data-Update

Install the 3.9.68 imo, majority of the patches and tools are only compatible with that.

Tapani 2.19 patch will update your game to having the year set as 2010 (2011,2012 wont work), enable color attributes and speed the game up.

If the start year or colored attributes don't bother u but you want a faster game, there is a program within Flex called Speed Adjuster which will change the game speed (don't set it to max though)

The Tapani 2.16 doesn't include the slower player development of the later patches (and possibly the built in feature that makes players of certain low rep abroad unfindable/hidden)

The Download link on the home page is temporarily down so you can get the links to that area from here http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...emporary-Link)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks for the response. Does the Tapani patch update the players to 2010? Cause I want to play with the 2001 squads.

What do you mean by "speed up the game"? As in faster load times? Mine runs super smooth and fast, I have no waiting time whatsoever, so I don't need it to go any faster.

vCash
    Then just work away with the .68 patch imo. You can update your game to the March 2012 Data Update at any time (2001 start year, 2012 players) and if you want to go back to the Original DB, thats in the Download section too.

The Tapani Patch only changes certain settings, the players will still be the same - even if you set the date to 2010, they will still be the same players with the date of births adjusted accordingly.

Speed Adjuster will allow you to run the game x200 the speed. Obv the commentary runs at that speed too so you cant really read it until the end of the game, if like to read it as the game is on.

vCash
    Ok, I definitely wanna stick with the old guys.

I run mine through another program in order to bypass the 'not enough memory' bug. Is there a problem with it being super slow if you just run it normally? I understand that the .68 patch fixes that bug.

vCash
    If you follow this tutorial you'll never get the system memory error again. http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...m-Memory-Error

People still get it with .68 so don't think there is anything in it to resolve it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks, I might try that sometime if needed. I'm using the Resplendent Resolver, which works like a charm and is a lot easier.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phoss For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good stuff Derm!

vCash

Starting Out

Hi all,
    I recently started playing CM 01/02 and I was hooked instantly!
    But I wanted to play the Russian league, because they have some cool teams at the moment. Needless to say, in 2001 those clubs like Anzhi, Zenit, Rubin, Spartak, Cska,.. weren't that good back then.
    So I got bored and tried to install the Tapani patch.

I saw I needed the latest offical patch of the game, which was hard to find (official site removed it), when I found it, it didn't do anything? So I pressed exit.
    Then I download the september 2012 update, which was a rar file, so I copied all the items into my data folder, and overwrote the original ones.

I started a new game: it worked!! Now i'm playing with Anzhi and i'm doing good. I sold the expensive players like eto'o, because he got 200k a week. Ofcourse the board becomes mad at me for selling good players, but now it's getting better because i'm doing really good

But I have some questions:

1) The game still started in 2001, although the data is up to date. if I look at the history of Russia, it made it so that the competition was first played in 1981, while it is 1991 in real life. Hard to explain xD

For example: in 2012 (real life) Zenit became champion, but the game says that happened in 2000 and in 1999 they were champions too (2011 in real life).

Is this bad? Will the game crash soon or late? There was no program in the pack I downloaded to change the year.

2) Rubin and Cska qualified for the championsleague, while Zenit was champion the last year and Cska runner up? How can this be?? =S Anzhi aint even qualified for intertoto..

3) When does the game end? Like how many seasons can I play till I have to retire?

I'm Belgian, you can reply my in Dutch if you find that easier. Thank you!:tup:

vCash
    The Data Update only changes the data, not the start year (you will require a Tapani 2. xx patch to do that but only 2010 is stable, 2011 or 2012 will crash)

The history is correct as all the data is added -11 years so that it can be added to the regular unpatched game - that and the Update Team creates Data Updates with a clean unpatched database to avoid errors occurring.

The history for the Winter leagues is hard to add correctly - if you start with a summer league loaded, the game starts midday through either the Summer league or the Winter league i.e. Summer being any league that starts around July/August and Winter beginning February/March.

Validating the database removes the 2001 year winners from the database as it wont add it to it given that the default setting is to selecting one Summer league, hence even starting with Winter leagues only, the game generates its own previous champion (or none at all)

vCash
    So i'm fine and can play properly?
    If I complete this season, the european qualifiers will be the correct ones? Like if I play champion, I go to the champions league, Cska is 2nd and will play the 3rd qualifying round, Zenit is 3rd and will go to Uefa cup (or 2nd qualifieng round)??

My English is not that spectacular, so sorry for those stupid questions.

Ps: thanks for the quick reply!

vCash
    Yes you can continue no problem (unless you mean adding a Tapani patch and then playing, that will causes problems)

Yeah the qualifiers will be correct

vCash
    I don't need another Tapani patch, this one is just perfect for me =D

Do you know how many seaons you can play perhaps? Like at howmany do I need to retire?

vCash
    Some people have gone 50 years with no crashes. Think once the .sav reaches 700mb though it may crash, dunno for sure but you've plenty of seasons yet!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    700mb? Good that I only play 1 league xD I play out a season fast, the commentary is on very fast xD

Isn't there a way to edit the size of the save game? xD

Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    The Flex tool has a save game shrinker bundled with it. You can find it under Tools in the Download section

vCash
    Thanks! I suppose you can't use if if you save compressed?

vCash
    I'm not sure, you'll have to test it. I've never used it because I rarely get past five seasons in one save haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    The Flex tool has a save game shrinker bundled with it. You can find it under Tools in the Download section
    Good to know mate

vCash
    I got sacked by Anzhi!! :@ Because I sold expensive players.. Come on how can I pay 200k a week for eto'o, 100k for another one, etc.. Won't I go bankrupt? The stadium was too small to gain a lot of money. =(

vCash
    Chances are you won't go bankrupt but it certainly won't help your finances. Might be an idea to wait until the end of a season until you ship your mercenaries out.

vCash
    Plus you have to know that in Russia and all leagues where season start at the beginning of year not after summer is that you wont got season ticket income which is one of the highest financial income

vCash
    Why won't I get season income? People have to pay to see the match?

vCash
    Probably some bug on that kind of league format

vCash
    keep on playing... stick with the game and you'll understand how it works

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast