Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Another experiment with DB creation

  1. #1

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,391
    vCash
    1900

    Another experiment with DB creation

    After reading Trip's thread about JL's db insertion tool I remembered a tool I have seen a few months ago (in September actually, but in the middle of the DB release tool frenzy, I forgot to create a thread on it).

    The tool I am talking about is used by DB creators and updaters in a SWOS forum (www.sensiblesoccer.de), and it comes with a "mega pack" that includes several DB's and emulators.

    Basically the tool goes through web located football databases (footballdatabase.eu, transfermarkt.com and even wikipedia!) and converts the info found there into the SWOS database.

    Is it possible to convert such database tool into one that delivers a CM0102 db? or to create one from scratch? I am not an expert on computer languages and programming so I am really clueless on this.

    The name of the tool is "SWOS database finder" or "SWOS DB finder" and the authors describe it as a "Super-easy and super-fast player finder powered by SQL DB engine"

    I'll try and post up a link to it - I am currently searching it in the web! (I think I'll have to download the entire zipped pack and extract it from there...)

    Anyone knows anything about this?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    443
    vCash
    500
    I do. We had a chat about it.
    Kept some screenies to share with the forum's programming geniouses.



    This is a screenshot of SWOS DB finder. By selecting a player, you have access to his wikipedia and soccerbase.com pages. The last one is quite accurate and give his recent league stats, current club, nationality, position, the usual stuff. Check below.




  3. #3

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    443
    vCash
    500
    I've uploaded a rar containing this tool and 3 different databases.

    http://www.sendspace.com/file/sjjnmj

  4. #4

    Join Date
    05-06-12
    Posts
    1,035
    vCash
    3700
    The only attributes in the data seem to be Passing, 'Vel' (what?), Heading, Tackling, Control, Speed and Finishing. I guess it could be used to help scouting but there's not a lot to go on to start creating players from it.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    04-03-12
    Location
    Serbia,Belgrade,Zemun
    Posts
    980
    vCash
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLocke View Post
    The only attributes in the data seem to be Passing, 'Vel' (what?), Heading, Tackling, Control, Speed and Finishing. I guess it could be used to help scouting but there's not a lot to go on to start creating players from it.
    agree...to less data for the player...btw,nice to see u around JL...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,391
    vCash
    1900
    That's right Russo, We did wonder at it when we stumbled upon it. It seems very handy at least for scouting, and why not to create players? JL, sometimes I create players with less atts than those 7 given the unfamiliarity with remote leagues or divisions...

    btw, Vel is Velocity, as seen on the prntscreen (right column), and I do wonder in what does it differ from Speed...

    But it's funny how a tool creates values and atts based on the stats and current real life value of the player. I was just wondering if an adaptation was possible. Imagine creating a simple DB overnight with all the real players in the world (or at least the ones found in the selected site)...

  7. #7

    Join Date
    26-04-12
    Posts
    220
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayDatsusara View Post
    That's right Russo, We did wonder at it when we stumbled upon it. It seems very handy at least for scouting, and why not to create players? JL, sometimes I create players with less atts than those 7 given the unfamiliarity with remote leagues or divisions...

    btw, Vel is Velocity, as seen on the prntscreen (right column), and I do wonder in what does it differ from Speed...

    But it's funny how a tool creates values and atts based on the stats and current real life value of the player. I was just wondering if an adaptation was possible. Imagine creating a simple DB overnight with all the real players in the world (or at least the ones found in the selected site)...
    It is possible. I played some seasons on ss.de and they have rooster with up to date teams. As far as i know majority is choosing Real Madrid, Italy or Brazil. The rest are clones of the teams.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    16-12-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,826
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by technoir View Post
    It is possible. I played some seasons on ss.de and they have rooster with up to date teams. As far as i know majority is choosing Real Madrid, Italy or Brazil. The rest are clones of the teams.
    OzRooster?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •