Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Network Game Queries

vCash
    Same problem here... "The network game could not be created".
    Tried absolutely everything and no luck hosting a network game on my Windows 10. Copied the CM folder to my old laptop running Windows 7 and it worked, and I successfully joined that network game on my Win 10 PC.
    I also tried on other Win 10 PC and no luck. The problem is obviosly the Win NT compatibility that is missing in Win 10.
    Any ideas?

316'sRegen Unattached
    Win95 Offside Trap says.

Have you tried (and read) everything in this thread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post
    Win95 Offside Trap says.

Have you tried (and read) everything in this thread?
    Yes, some problem with Win95 compatibility.

vCash

Network problems

Hi, me and some friends have Championship manager 01/02 install in windows 10.
    How i create a network game in windows 10??

Thank you

vCash
    Hey

SOLVED

PS: Sorry if aparently looks stupid, but it was need both are in same "room" on Hamachi?
    Last edited by sermak; 12-04-17 at 12:53 AM.

vCash
    Hi guys, I have Win 10 however don't have any ~.net file appear when I click ip. Can anyone help out with this?

vCash
    the IP doesnt make a net file...happens with me on win 10 as well...

but the minute u click ...join network game/make network game then a ~net file is made..

thats whats happening with mine...as ive got to delete the net file to connect to networg games and make a new one....all a bit annoying and appears to be random and hit and miss at the moment..

win 10 defiently not friendly with net games really...

vCash
    Hi somebody still play online? i want to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielcm0102 View Post
    Hi somebody still play online? i want to play.
    I do...if you want we can give it a try

vCash
    Hi,

Hopefully Offside Trap or somebody equally talented can help me.
    I've downloaded the latest patch and update. I'm running Saturn v4. I've tried all the suggestions and instructions here to set up a network game but having no luck. I'm on Windows 10. Running as admin on Win 95; i have clicked IP, made sure they match Hamachi and have deleted the c.....32 file.

vCash
    Would like to just say a Thank you to Offside Trap like many others have on here! Gave up his evening to help me get network games back up and running on my laptop.

A top man and a true gent on this forum, Even turned away the offer of some Beer Money

vCash
    I've tried setting this up with a friend of mine. Following advice on this forum we can see each other and join the network game, but after entering our names and picking our teams it seems to hang on the 'Game Initializing' phase of new game setup.
    How long should we expect this step to take?

Cheers,
    Stephen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by py2sl View Post
    I've tried setting this up with a friend of mine. Following advice on this forum we can see each other and join the network game, but after entering our names and picking our teams it seems to hang on the 'Game Initializing' phase of new game setup.
    How long should we expect this step to take?

Cheers,
    Stephen

It looks like we were on the wrong compatibility mode - swapping from Windows NT to Windows 95 compatibility did the trick.

vCash

A problem with network games

Well, I wanted to play a network game with a friend.
    We are connected through hamachi and I did all the steps that have to be done to create a network game.
    the problem is that he cant find the server I have created. It always keeps saying that the server couldnt be joined.
    Do you have any ideas how can I fix it or what doesnt work?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JZK1907 View Post
    Well, I wanted to play a network game with a friend.
    We are connected through hamachi and I did all the steps that have to be done to create a network game.
    the problem is that he cant find the server I have created. It always keeps saying that the server couldnt be joined.
    Do you have any ideas how can I fix it or what doesnt work?
    What Windows version are your on an what compatibility is your CM0102.exe? It needs to be set on Windows 95 compatibility if your operating system is Windows 10.

Then, did you match the IP address in your ~net file to match the IP of your Hamachi? You need to edit the file with administrator rights otherwise the changes won't stick.

Last but not least, did you first boot up Hamachi before loading up the save? And did your friend try to connect by manually typing in your IP address?
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    What Windows version are your on an what compatibility is your CM0102.exe? It needs to be set on Windows 95 compatibility if your operating system is Windows 10.

Then, did you match the IP address in your ~net file to match the IP of your Hamachi? You need to edit the file with administrator rights otherwise the changes won't stick.

Last but not least, did you first boot up Hamachi before loading up the save? And did your friend try to connect by manually typing in your IP address?
    Basically, whats been asked above, but 1 thing, if your ~net is different, be sure that when you edit and change it, that you copy the file outside of the CM directory, as access will be denied, ideally, copy it onto your desktop, open it (with notepad I use) change it, save it, then copy it and paste it into the CM directory over riding the previous one

Also, as stated, if you're on W10, then compatibility Win95, if you're on W8, then choose that, and if you're on Win 7 or before, ensure its compatibility Windows NT 4.0

vCash
    Hi Guys,

I have been playing the game fro years, especially online, with an update from, i dont know exactly, maybe 2015/2016.

Just downloaded the latest patch from Saturn. I could play it (Windows 8.1 compatibility Windows XP SP3)

But its impossible to load a network game with this compatibility mode.

But i can load a network game with compatibility mode Windows 98/Windows Me but i can play it because the game crashes with this mode.

Already tried everything i know: all compatibility modes, deleted IP, added IP, net file edited manually or not, only read or not..

DOes someone have an idea for me ?

Thx

Luke

EDIT: Ok, found it out. Saturn V6 is not compatible with network games on Windows 8/10 ...
    Last edited by Alcoolix; 21-12-18 at 06:15 PM.

vCash
    What does work is loading a normal game (single player) on the v6 patch, save it and then restore it as a network game on the v5 patch.

One of my mates that I play tons of online CM with (Offside Trap on here) tried this and it works. Not sure if there will be long term crashes or bugs though.

vCash
    Thanks mate for the tip, but i also play long terms games with my mate and dont want to invest 3 months and lose it later...

Sad but true, we are gonna play with the Mars 18 update.

We just gave up a 50 years old save. We were about 2 and half years on it (real time) since 2015 and over 30 full days !

vCash
    My mate ran a holiday test for 3 seasons straight and didn't encounter any bugs. It's up to you really what you want.

vCash
    As GFRay stated above, just start a single play game on SV6 via the compatibility (Windows XP SP3) save it, then load up SV5, restore the saved game (as a network game) your compatibility on SV5 will need to be Win95/Win98/NT or whatever normally works for you. The game will load up and you can play it. I done a 3 year test, and no major bugs or errors, but the one thing that is compromised, is the World Club Cup which seems to only be played in 1st season, and not after. For me, this ent a biggy and am happy to carry on without it, but don't goto it and click auto draw or anything, as it will cause a crash. Also as stated, I can't say if any longer term issues, only tested 3 seasons, but have played out over a season now (so past the Jun update) with another guy, and had no issues.

This from what I can see, is the only way around playing network on SV6, for me personally, I take it, but its your call mate

Mikey

vCash

Is it possible to run a network game on 3.9.60?

I was able to get network games running in the past but patches versions.

I was planning to play with my brother but the original unpatched version.

I've followed all the steps for win 7 and am getting the 'network game could not be created.'

It's on win 7 (running win NT4)
    Have deleted IP
    The ~net.out file shows my hamachi IP
    Tried disabling antivirus & firewall
    Last edited by Foggy; 07-04-19 at 08:21 AM.

vCash
    Have you followed every step of this tutorial: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9564.

So Windows NT 4.0 compatibility AND Run as administrator? Also did you make sure to set it for ALL USERS?

Did you download the right version of Hamachi from this website?

Have you deleted the cpuinf32.dll file that's inside the Data folder?

You said you have deleted IP, but you should not delete that. You need to double click that to generate a ~net.out file.

Did your IP address stay in the ~net.out file even after saving?

vCash
    I assume you mean 3.9.60? as in ODB - yes it is, I have a current game with Pepe, and we're into the latter part of season 2. No patches applied or anything, literally as it is when first installed.

What Ray says above, but also, have you checked the ~net file to ensure it matches that of the IP number? if not, copy the ~net to the desktop, edit it there (from desktop) an change to match your hamachi, save it (on desktop) then copy the ~net from desktop and paste into your CM over riding the other one - as you can't edit the ~net file whilst its in the cm directory

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Have you followed every step of this tutorial: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9564.

So Windows NT 4.0 compatibility AND Run as administrator? Also did you make sure to set it for ALL USERS?

Did you download the right version of Hamachi from this website?

Have you deleted the cpuinf32.dll file that's inside the Data folder?

You said you have deleted IP, but you should not delete that. You need to double click that to generate a ~net.out file.

Did your IP address stay in the ~net.out file even after saving?
    Thanks for replying GFRay...

Yes to the first three... I deleted IP after clicking on it to generate the net file. I noticed though that there was one net file created which appeared in the cm0102 folder but another when I clicked on the 'compatibility files'.

I manually entered the Hamachi IP on the net out from the compatibility files net file and the other one which appeared in the default folder showed my local 192... IP. I then changed that manually to the Hamachi IP as well.

Yes, both of the net.out files show the correct Hamachi IP after saving (I had to save on the desktop first, then move it to the folder, also set read only on them.)

I did get a message when I download and installed Hamachi that one of the drivers wasn't installed because it is unsigned and windows cannot install an unsigned driver... That could be the issue possibly (?)

@offside trap thanks for the reply, yes I did mean that and I did do as you've described.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast