Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Network Game Queries

vCash
    Why did you delete the IP icon, if you dont mind me asking? normally, you need to double click this, which basically creates a tunnel from Hamachi to CM, although nothing happens, its imperative to do this. a ~net file if gone/deleted will auto recreate when you goto network play on the cm main screen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    Why did you delete the IP icon, if you dont mind me asking? normally, you need to double click this, which basically creates a tunnel from Hamachi to CM, although nothing happens, its imperative to do this. a ~net file if gone/deleted will auto recreate when you goto network play on the cm main screen.
    Initially I didn't delete the IP icon, but I noticed the game was taking a lot time to get from one screen to another when clicking on 'start network game' and the following screens (I don't recall that happening before).

The game wasn't created so I had a look on a few threads on here, older ones, and saw someone mentioning deleting the IP icon to stop it automatically generating anything altogether.

I only deleted the IP icon after an net.out file was already made.

vCash
    i've uninstalled and reinstalled both cm and hamachi and the problem seems to be that clicking the ip always gives a 192 ip address in the net file.
    if I manually change it, the game crashes while being made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    Clicking it only creates a net file with a 192 ip address and not my Hamachi IP.
    Is it supposed to generate a net file with my Hamachi IP without me needing to manually input?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    Clicking it only creates a net file with a 192 ip address and not my Hamachi IP.
    Is it supposed to generate a net file with my Hamachi IP without me needing to manually input?
    No it always generates a file with the 192.xx IP address and you manually change it by putting your hamachi's IP there.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    No it always generates a file with the 192.xx IP address and you manually change it by putting your hamachi's IP there.
    Okay, so... Once I've manually input the Hamachi IP, I save the net file (via desktop) and then delete the IP exe?

I've tried leaving it there and setting the net file as read only. It becomes jerky and crashes while the network game is being made.

I've also tried deleting the IP exe after setting the net file but the game finishes initialising shortlists then says failed to create network game... I wonder what it could be.

What would be the normal procedure after setting the net out IP to match Hamachi?

And how is it that I have two net files, one when I click compatibility files and one in the default cm directory...(?)

vCash
    Mate I have no clue what you're doing wrong, but it seems like you're not following the instructions to the latter.

Just start completely over with a fresh install and then follow this to the latter step by step: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9564.

vCash
    I've done that now for a second time. After I change the address on the net.out file under compatibility files manually I'm able to save it just by clicking save.

But once I try to create s network game a new net file is generated in the default CM directory (not under compatibility settings) and the game is created on 192 server.

I'd appreciate it if anyone else can help if able as well

Thanks in advance!

vCash
    Okay try changing the normal ~net.out file and not the one under compatibility settings. I've never done that compatibility settings stuff so that might be the issue.

vCash
    Yeah, I've tried that as well... I don't recall fiddling around with compatibility files last time.

vCash
    An idea for you Foggy - either Ray or myself could do it for you, remotely, I think its a small issue, and more than fixable, maybe a fresh pair of eyes might see the problem

vCash

Restore network game?

After a lot of faffing, managed to start a network game the other night.

However, we're now having issues restoring it.

Network Play > Restore Network Game

Choose the right save, and then it gets to the end and then there's an error saying "network game could not be created".

Are there steps we need to follow before trying to restore a game?

vCash
    Check the network section mate

Then maybe ask there as likely to get more joy from Network users there?

vCash
    On which version are you playing? Any patches?

vCash
    OK so me and a friend are running the Saturn Patch 7 version.

Both in the same room, we've been able to create a network game and play it successfully.

But last night we tried when I was at home, and my mate was at his house, and there were issues. He was able to restore the network game, and re-take charge of his team.

But no matter what I could do, I couldn't get connected.

I tried everything. Re-creating the net file, running as administrator, disabling firewall, compatibility mode (Windows XP service pack 3).

I don't see why it worked the previous night but not last night. Please help!

vCash
    You can only create network games with Win 95 compatibility (if you're on Windows 10) or Win 4.0/NT compatibility (if you're on Windows 7).

For solo play Saturn patches require Win XP SP 2 or 3 as compatibility, but you can't create or restore network games on that compatibility. Switch to the right compatibility as I said above for network games and you should be fine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    You can only create network games with Win 95 compatibility (if you're on Windows 10) or Win 4.0/NT compatibility (if you're on Windows 7).

For solo play Saturn patches require Win XP SP 2 or 3 as compatibility, but you can't create or restore network games on that compatibility. Switch to the right compatibility as I said above for network games and you should be fine
    I don't have Win 4.0/NT compatibility as an option on my Windows 7 laptop; but was able to play the network game earlier in the week?

I should point out here that I joined the network game, rather than host.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgmedia View Post
    I don't have Win 4.0/NT compatibility as an option on my Windows 7 laptop; but was able to play the network game earlier in the week?

I should point out here that I joined the network game, rather than host.
    Then the problem could be on his side. Maybe he didn't restore the save as a network game, but as a normal game?

Let him check his compatibilities on his CM .exe as well.

Also if you can't select Win 4.0/NT compatibility then you don't have Windows 7 on your laptop as that compatibility is available with Windows 7. You should have Win 95 compatibility though so you can try that one.

vCash
    Ok. thanks for the offer to do so mate, I really appreciate it but I'm a bit wary of allowing remote access as for security reasons. I'm not the too tech savvy so I don't know how exactly that would work...

vCash
    the issue is step 7.

Click the IP application.

I then go to compatibility files as instructed and open the net file.
    Here, I don't see my Hamachi IP, I only see a 192 IP address in the notepad net file.

So I copy and save my Hamachi IP in the net file.
    When creating a game, though, it always generates a new 192 address net file in the original cm folder (not in the compatibility files location)and uses that one to make the netwoirk game instead.

I just don't get it. I'm following the instructions precisely as far as I can see.

Using the 2.21 patch and march 19 updates as well this time, instead of 3,9.60

There must be someone who's run into this or knows how to get it running without the game constantly creating 192 net files in the main directory every time you want to create a game.
    Last edited by Foggy; 20-07-19 at 01:06 PM.

vCash
    how are you able to create a game then GFRey, since the steps mention dealing with the compatibility files folder.

Come to think of it, what's the point of the compatibility files for win nt if the game, even though supposedly running in win nt, isn't using them and is generating its own files in the main directory... hmmm

vCash

Last Thread On This... Hamachi win7 to Hamachi wim10 error?

Okay... Last thread from me...

So after spending a few hours fiddiling around I managed to get a network game created on windows 10 rather than 7.

The problem now is connecting to Hamachi.

The host computer is Win10 and the one connecting to it is Win7.

In the Hamachi app, a small yellow triangle (caution) appears shortly after connecting to the Win10 host laptop using the Win7 one.

On the other hand, there are no triangle error icons showing on the host Win10 laptop.

The message on the win 7 says error connecting to network adapter...

Any ideas how to resolve this...

Would be greatly appreciated.

vCash
    Personally, I wouldn't delete the IP icon. Its the ~net file that needs editing, and altering to match your Hamachi IP - do this from desktop, that I think you been doing already right? save it there, then copy the file into your CM Folder, over-riding the old one. But I feel you should keep the IP Icon where it is (CM Folder) as I believe, double clicking this (although does nothing) actually refreshes the tunnel from CM to Hamachi

vCash
    Also - forgot to say, delete the CPU32 file that will be in your data, this is a must, also ensure you're running as admin

vCash
    Appreciate the replies mate.

I did all that already though.

Thankfully I managed to get it running on win 10, my brother's laptop. And I was able to connect to a network game from my Win7 one.

Three of us were planning to start a game and play it one or two nights a week for old time's sake...

Took the best part of my Saturday to get it sorted finally. Problems with Hamachi as well. At least it was done though, in the end.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast