Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Network Game Queries

vCash
    Nice one, no looking back now, I feel networking is an addiction, at present, I got 3 different games going, and as a result, I tend to neglect playing solo saves

vCash
    Hi all im having the common problem of not being able to create a network game on windows 10... ive read the forums but cant work out what im doing wrong... or what i need to do right? can someone help me so i can get it sorted as i would love to set one up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by looking10 View Post
    Hi all im having the common problem of not being able to create a network game on windows 10... ive read the forums but cant work out what im doing wrong... or what i need to do right? can someone help me so i can get it sorted as i would love to set one up.
    Okay, Ive a few steps, some of which wont hurt if already been applied, just do them again, as it works as a refresh for CM

1) You must be using Compatibility Windows 95, unless you're starting a network game via a Saturn Version 7 game, in this case, you'll need a specific exe, which can be found on the SV7 feedback thread, then when you got it, windows 95 compatibility will work

2) I assume you're using Hamachi program, this is a must for CM to work online, can be downloaded for free, an alternative VPN program work, like Radmin, but in fairness, Hamachi is the best one to use

3) In your CM Folder, you should have a ~net file, this can be viewed when opened with notepad, in it, will have the IP number, now this quite often is your 192.168 blah blah number, and this wont work, therefore, copy the ~net file, onto desktop, and edit it (from desktop) changing the IP number to ensure it matches exactly whan your Hamachi IP number, which will be at the top. Once changed, save the ~Net (from desktop) then copy it and paste into your CM Folder, over riding - reason for this, is because you can't edit the ~net file when in CM Folder, as access is denied

4) In your CM Folder, there should/will be an icon called 'IP' double click this, although nothing happens, this is what refreshes CM to Hamachi, certainly worth the few seconds work

5) Always ensure you're running CM as Admin

Let me know how you get on

vCash

Network game on mac?

Title says it all really.

Is it possible?

vCash
    One thing to add... if you can't see a ~net file in your CM folder the the 'IP' exe in step 4) as administrator and it will create the missing ~net file

A missing ~net file has caught me out a few times and results in an "unable to create network game" message

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nowlz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowlz View Post
    One thing to add... if you can't see a ~net file in your CM folder the the 'IP' exe in step 4) as administrator and it will create the missing ~net file

A missing ~net file has caught me out a few times and results in an "unable to create network game" message
    tbh I didnt know that, but knew you had to click the IP exe for some reason, now I know, and same in that the missing ~net has caught me a few times, I think... dont quote me, it only appears from a fresh install via the original CD, and not via an ISO installation, could be wrong though

vCash

Hamachi

Hi all, I've sent a request to join champmanclan on hamachi to start a network game, can someone let me know how to get accepted?

Thanks

vCash
    Dont think that group exists anymore, if i recall, it was the first one that was launched many years back

vCash

Probably not......Network Games - Android

Is this even possible?

My mate and myself both playing the game, any chance we can have a network game or is that just too far fetched?

vCash

Network play

Quote Originally Posted by lalepra View Post
    Yes, some problem with Win95 compatibility.
    Hi,
    May I play cm01/02 through network with other people with different windows (I have Windows 7, other has Windows 8.1, other has Windows 10). In other windows that Widows 7 there is no option to choose NT 4.0 compatibility.

How we all can play through network ?
    Eralier I was playing with friend (both Windows 7) and there was no any problems.
    But now (3 different Windows) we have problems, we can not get conection - we couldnt join network game.

vCash
    Use compatibility W95 mate, that'll work on windows 8/10

vCash
    I don't think so, wouldn't of thought so tbh

vCash
    If anyone doesn't have a ~net file...you need to change compatibility on the IP file to 95 too, then run it, then you'll have a ~net file

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeK210185 For This Useful Post:

vCash

Question Resolution/Scaling quirk in network games

Hi there.

Me and some friends are trying to do some networked CM0102, and my friend is having issues.
    We've run the 3.9.68 patch, the 2019 update file, and CMpatcher 1.24. We have updated resolution to 1200x800. When prompted, pictures were converted, or so he tells me.
    All compatibility fixes you'd expect are in place.

Everything is fine at my end, raring to go.
    My friend however is having some resolution or scaling issues.
    He can browse the main menu fine, and strangely, even starting and playing a single player game is fine, but as soon as he joins a network game, the resolution
    or scale seems to switch and he's left with this: https://imgur.com/gallery/dBF8TUu

So obviously can't reach the buttons in the corners. This is in fullscreen mode. Windowed is worse still, zooming yet further in.

I've been through the various resolution and tech support threads, and tried a few things there but can't find any solution.

Anybody have any ideas?

Cheers all, in advance.

vCash
    the problem is, by changing the compatibility for win95, when creating a game ALWAYS crash on creating leagues... If i change for winXPSP3 it's good. But then the IP doesn't match with hamachi and they can't join. I already did the ip and ~netfile is ok with the hamachi ip, but the cm server is another server and they cant connect. any help ? win 10 here

vCash

Network game win 10 error

Hello guys. So since 17-03-2020 until today that I successfully created and played online game with my friends. Today I decided to uninstall CM and install it again, using the same protocols I used before.
    Problems detected:
    I have hamachi, everyone's there, everything alright.
    CM: If I put win95 compability, the game ALWAYS CRASH on creating leagues, if I select winxpsp3 it's alright. It creates the game with no worries, the problem starts here. My IP is ALWAYS changing on CM server, and they can't connect.
    Yes, I already did the IP in admin mode, win95, winxpsp3 but it's always changing the ip and deleted the Cpuinf32.dll file.
    I think this is the real problem, constantly changing the ip. I turn off the firewalls, everyone of them too.
    The ~net file has the same IP has hamachi. Still they cannot connect to my game.

Any ideas how to help me? Im confused because yesterday was fine!!!

vCash

Help with Network Game Play

Me and a few mates are looking to set up a network game and having Downloaded the game I followed the tutorials of downloading Hamachi and following the walkthrough, I found that in my download in the files I donít have the ~net file which is spoken about to change the IP address?

Is anyone able to help with trying to set this up?

Iím currently using Windows 8.

Thanks!!!

vCash
    Hello anyone that can help

I can successfully start a network game, but my friend who is also on W10 can't.

I've been with him step by step, deleted the CPU file, sorted the ~net file so it matches the hamachi network, compatibility is at W95

Just wont let him start a game.
    I'm joined to his Hamachi network so that's fine but he can't join my game or host his own and i'm at a loss!

thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeK210185 View Post
    Hello anyone that can help

I can successfully start a network game, but my friend who is also on W10 can't.

I've been with him step by step, deleted the CPU file, sorted the ~net file so it matches the hamachi network, compatibility is at W95

Just wont let him start a game.
    I'm joined to his Hamachi network so that's fine but he can't join my game or host his own and i'm at a loss!

thanks.
    How were you able to create the game in W10? Can you share your knowledge? thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmota View Post
    How were you able to create the game in W10? Can you share your knowledge? thanks
    If your ~net.out file IP matches your hamachi IP (literally only needs to be that one IP, not the gateway or subnet. You can leave those) the network game should create.

As for those of you struggling to join, I trust you're actually typing in the hamachi IP of the server rather than just searching for it?

vCash
    hi,

can anyone help, just got a new laptop and running windows 10 but cant set up network games now.

installed game and update
    installed Hamachi and created network
    deleted the cpuinfd32 file
    double clicked ip
    then when I set up the game I get a huge ip address like this
    1.148.0.12/ 255.0.0.0/ 60.0.0.0/ 60.0.0.0/ 192.168.1.131/ 192.168.1.131
    never seen that before, any ideas?

vCash
    Copy the ~net file to the desktop, open it from there (with notepade) and change the IP that read 192.168.1.131 and change it to the IP at the top of your Hamachi. Save the ~net file where it is (desktop) then copy it and paste it in your CM folder, over riding the old one. Ensure you have an active Hamachi network or group online. Ensure you're running as admin, and compatibility is set as W95

vCash
    Hello, im sorry to be the same guy asking the same questions but here goes:

I followed the turorial that was posted here (which is now deleted, dont know why) and after i was able to create a network game (win 10) and play with my friends. however, yesterday it just stopped working and said "couldn't create xx game"
    I follow the steps again but this time to no avail.

installed CM01/02
    updated to 3.9.68
    deleted the cpuinf32,dll
    changed the -net.out to hamachi ip
    turned off firewalls and defender

did everything and it just won't budge... any ideas why did it happen?

Thanks in advance,
    ScooterPT

vCash
    Hi mate

What database are you using? and if so, what Saturn Patch?

vCash

Unable to Open Network

When I click on network play it says "unable to open network" - "The network could be not opened. Check your network settings and try again".
    Does anyone know what's going on? This error does not appear from my friends.
    We're in the hamachi, all right. Cm is running as an administrator and with windows 98 / windows NT compatibility.
    I have already allowed cm and hamachi on the firewall.
    I'm with windows 7, I already deleted the cpuinf32 file too.
    I can't find a solution.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast