Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

vCash
    I only ever got £1.5M

vCash
    £1.5m more than I got for Andrade.

vCash
    I think I was very lucky he retired pretty much straight away so I guess that's why I got a good amount for him

Season 2 done with an all Italian squad.

We were in the race most of the season but went on a poor run as the fixtures pilled up around the Champions League quarter final which we lost 7-4 on aggregate to Milan.

Milan also pipped us to the title and although it was only by 2 points in the end it was all over with 2 games to go and we then beat Milan and made up another 3 points on them in the final round of matches.

I gambled a bit by blowing £27 million on Diego rather than buying a few cheaper players but with 23 goals from AMC this season I'm happy with that and confident we go one better next season!

Sadly I have lost Camaronesi to Real Madrid on a free so a new right winger is on the shopping list and with several massive bids coming in for Amauri and Iaquinta recently I might have to weigh up whether I can replace one of them with money left over for other positions.

vCash
    I'd withhold from selling any star players mate, you don't have the benefit of replacing them with anyone unfortunately.

Best of luck overcoming Milan next year!

vCash
    Season 3 done, fell a bit short again

My main signing was Mark Bresciano. He did ok but not really enough to push us on and Diego was not quite the same force this time around.

Adami and Gonnella are both 34 year old CBs who did very well coming from 3rd tier clubs. Chiellini was unusually bad.

We had some great results along the way but we're still a bit short when injuries and suspensions kick in. I've already got a few good frees lined up so hopefully next year is the year!

In the Champions League we had a very tough 2nd group stage and just missed out behind Arsenal and Real Madrid by a point. Losing at home to Olympiakos in the first match of the group always looked likely to cost us in the end.

vCash
    Signing veterans from 3rd tier clubs! Not sure that's the way to success mate, hopefully them freebies are better!

vCash
    Restarted this challenge as started nearlly a year ago now and didnt end up finishing it which was a shame...so here we go - ill post all pics at the end of the challenge

Season 1 - Got rid of everyone and won nothing.... 0 points

Season 2 - Italians only season and just won the league and lost in the final of the champs league...1000 Points

Season 3 - Job straight away at Man City with 120 Million to spend :o Shocked i blagged this job as have my nationality set as German...Just won the league nothing else ...100 points

Season 4 - Won the league and then runners up in the champs league ...1000 points

Season 5 - Got the job at Marseille - Won the League and the UEFA cup....300 points

Season 6 - Won the League only....completely stitched up with the amount of fixtures i had ....1000 points

Season 7 - Job at Schalke - Won the league...100 points

Season 8 - Won the treble - Cup, Champions league and the league itself...only champs league win of the campaign...2200 points

Season 9 - had to wait a bloody year to get the real madrid job.... 0 points

Season 10 - won the league only... 100 points

Season 11 - Won the league and the Spanish cup early champs league exit....1400 points

Link to pics: https://imgur.com/a/uqddb

POINTS - I make this out to be 7200 points
    Last edited by shabba6; 15-11-17 at 12:26 PM.

vCash
    Decided to dig this challenge up from the grave and give it a go. Started strongly in the transfer market bringing in the likes of Javier Zanetti, Esteban Cambiasso and Antonio Nocerino. Managed to shift a lot of foreign players over the course of the season with only Pavel Nedved and Jorge Andrade left as the season drew to a close. Speaking of which, we won the league by one point over Inter with Amauri topping the goalscoring charts. No success in the cups though. Overall, not a bad start but I definitely need to tweak my tactic in order to get a bit more out of the team.

Spoiler!

Points so far: 100 points
    Last edited by M.C.F.C; 26-05-20 at 09:58 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to M.C.F.C For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice start though mate. This looks like a long challenge, should keep you busy a while!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by M.C.F.C View Post
    Decided to dig this challenge up from the grave and give it a go. Started strongly in the transfer market bringing in the likes of Javier Zanetti, Esteban Cambiasso and Antonio Nocerino. Managed to shift a lot of foreign players over the course of the season with only Pavel Nedved and Jorge Andrade left as the season drew to a close. Speaking of which, we won the league by one point over Inter with Amauri topping the goalscoring charts. No success in the cups though. Overall, not a bad start but I definitely need to tweak my tactic in order to get a bit more out of the team.

Spoiler!

Points so far: 100 points
    Season two over and done with. The first order of business was to clear out Pavel Nedved and Jorge Andrade and I had managed to offload both players by the 5th of July long before our first competitive match of the season (18th August vs. Milan in the super cup). On the other side of the coin I reinforced an already strong squad with Serie B topscorer Mattia Graffiedi, superstar centre half Guglielmo Stendardo and flying wingback Andrea Giallombardo. Italian veteran Gennaro Gattuso was unsettled at AC Milan midway through the season and I snapped him up for a bargain £1.2million.

Spoiler!

I tweaked my tactic from the previous season to make it more potent and the modifications paid off as we cantered to the league title with 5 games to spare. New signing Mattia Graffiedi topped the goalscoring and average rating charts as we won the league by a leisurely 17 points. We also battled through the Italian Cup all the way to the final to face Fiorentina. Both legs were a thrilling affair and the final aggregate score was 6-2 in our favour!

Spoiler!

In the Champions Cup we topped both of our groups in Phase 1 & 2 of the competition to set up a quarter final clash with Chelsea. A tight affair saw us squeak through 2-1 on aggregate to face FC Bayern in the semi finals. An inspiring first leg win (4-1 to us) was countered by a second leg win for Bayern (2-1 to them) but they didn't do enough to overturn the deficit and we were through to the final of the Champions Cup to face Inter.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

vCash
    Spoiler!

vCash
    Nice work mate, shame about the champs league but you smashed it domestically

vCash
    Spoiler!
    Wolves had just finished the previous season in second place in the First Division and as such the board were expecting a brave battle against relegation in the upcoming season. A healthy war chest of £23.5million made me confident we could do better than that, especially given the current form of my preferred formation.

A quick evaluation of the squad made me realise I had a pretty straight forward task in terms of shipping out personnel; the squad was largely made up of nationalities from England, Ireland and Wales with a couple of other nations sprinkled in for good measure. I set about listing those who were deemed surplus to requirements and headed straight for the transfer market. By the end of the season I had recruited the likes of full backs Paul Konchesky and Phil Bardsley (Scottish with English 2nd nationality), centre halves Steven Taylor and Ashley Williams (Welsh with English 2nd nationality), versatile forward Darius Vassell, brick-wall goalkeeper Scott Carson (for a whopping £10million) and, the best of the bunch, 2 metre Peter Crouch. Crouch was absolutely superb and an absolute menace up front. He racked up 35 goals in 38 games, averaging 8.00 over the course of the season and winning 13 man of the match awards.

In the league we did absolutely exceptionally for a team expected to battle against relegation. A strong start against Manchester United in the opening fixture (a historical 3-2 win) set the tone for the rest of the season and we ended up finishing the season in second place. We didn't have European football to worry about and we did exit the FA Cup early, but I could not believe the performance we put in considering I wasn't completely happy with the squad at my disposal.

Spoiler!

So, nothing in terms of points but lots of positives going forward. The team desperately needs a creative playmaker as well as options on the wings and in the AMC slot. That will be my focus for the upcoming transfer window, hopefully the improved reputation will attract some superstars who may be unhappy at their current clubs.

vCash
    2nd was a good effort first season. Lots of positives to take and hopefully start scoring some points there soon

vCash
    Season two over and done with. The first order of business was to clear out Pavel Nedved and Jorge Andrade and I had managed to offload both players by the 5th of July long before our first competitive match of the season (18th August vs. Milan in the super cup). On the other side of the coin I reinforced an already strong squad with Serie B topscorer Mattia Graffiedi, superstar centre half Guglielmo Stendardo and flying wingback Andrea Giallombardo. Italian veteran Gennaro Gattuso was unsettled at AC Milan midway through the season and I snapped him up for a bargain £1.2million.

Spoiler!

I tweaked my tactic from the previous season to make it more potent and the modifications paid off as we cantered to the league title with 5 games to spare. New signing Mattia Graffiedi topped the goalscoring and average rating charts as we won the league by a leisurely 17 points. We also battled through the Italian Cup all the way to the final to face Fiorentina. Both legs were a thrilling affair and the final aggregate score was 6-2 in our favour!

Spoiler!

In the Champions Cup we topped both of our groups in Phase 1 & 2 of the competition to set up a quarter final clash with Chelsea. A tight affair saw us squeak through 2-1 on aggregate to face FC Bayern in the semi finals. An inspiring first leg win (4-1 to us) was countered by a second leg win for Bayern (2-1 to them) but they didn't do enough to overturn the deficit and we were through to the final of the Champions Cup to face Inter.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    Wolves had just finished the previous season in second place in the First Division and as such the board were expecting a brave battle against relegation in the upcoming season. A healthy war chest of £23.5million made me confident we could do better than that, especially given the current form of my preferred formation.

A quick evaluation of the squad made me realise I had a pretty straight forward task in terms of shipping out personnel; the squad was largely made up of nationalities from England, Ireland and Wales with a couple of other nations sprinkled in for good measure. I set about listing those who were deemed surplus to requirements and headed straight for the transfer market. By the end of the season I had recruited the likes of full backs Paul Konchesky and Phil Bardsley (Scottish with English 2nd nationality), centre halves Steven Taylor and Ashley Williams (Welsh with English 2nd nationality), versatile forward Darius Vassell, brick-wall goalkeeper Scott Carson (for a whopping £10million) and, the best of the bunch, 2 metre Peter Crouch. Crouch was absolutely superb and an absolute menace up front. He racked up 35 goals in 38 games, averaging 8.00 over the course of the season and winning 13 man of the match awards.

In the league we did absolutely exceptionally for a team expected to battle against relegation. A strong start against Manchester United in the opening fixture (a historical 3-2 win) set the tone for the rest of the season and we ended up finishing the season in second place. We didn't have European football to worry about and we did exit the FA Cup early, but I could not believe the performance we put in considering I wasn't completely happy with the squad at my disposal.

Spoiler!

So, nothing in terms of points but lots of positives going forward. The team desperately needs a creative playmaker as well as options on the wings and in the AMC slot. That will be my focus for the upcoming transfer window, hopefully the improved reputation will attract some superstars who may be unhappy at their current clubs.
    So my save file corrupted... However! I have a backup from when I as midway through my second season with Juventus. Is it okay if I pick up off from here? I'm 17 games played in the league.

vCash
    Yea if itís corrupt no issue you going back, letís hope it doesnít happen again

vCash
    Welp, all my saves are now corrupted. How annoying. I'll just have to restart this.

vCash
    Man that sucks especially on a long challenge like this one

vCash
    Well the restart of this challenge was a bit slow to get off the ground but I'm happy to announce that season one has been finished (again)! Life was made a lot easier by knowing what reinforcements I needed to bring in to strengthen the squad and so I was able to get my business done early, concentrate on selling players and tweaking my tactic.

The league was a close call again and we didn't touch 1st place all season, constantly playing catch up to AC Milan and Inter Milan. Coming in to the final round of fixtures we were 2 points behind AC Milan and relying heavily on lady luck. We held up our end of the bargain by dispatching Bologna 3-1 and Milan were gunned down by Atalanta which saw us leapfrog Milan and hand us the league title on the last day!

In the cups we crashed out of the Italian Cup after a disappointing defeat to Inter (who went on to win it). In the Champions League we wobbled our way through the group stages to face Real Madrid in the quarters. A 2-0 defeat in the first leg looked like we were doomed but an inspiring second leg saw us run out 4-0 winners. A semi-final clash against Barcelona was comprehensively dealt with to set up a final with Liverpool. The scores were level all the way up to the 61st minute when Mauro Cameronasi popped up with a header to give us the advantage. We held on for the remainder of the game and were crowned champions of Europe!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    Last edited by M.C.F.C; 26-06-20 at 01:59 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to M.C.F.C For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice start mate, hopefully the game doesn't corrupt this time

vCash
    Well the restart of this challenge was a bit slow to get off the ground but I'm happy to announce that season one has been finished (again)! Life was made a lot easier by knowing what reinforcements I needed to bring in to strengthen the squad and so I was able to get my business done early, concentrate on selling players and tweaking my tactic.

The league was a close call again and we didn't touch 1st place all season, constantly playing catch up to AC Milan and Inter Milan. Coming in to the final round of fixtures we were 2 points behind AC Milan and relying heavily on lady luck. We held up our end of the bargain by dispatching Bologna 3-1 and Milan were gunned down by Atalanta which saw us leapfrog Milan and hand us the league title on the last day!

In the cups we crashed out of the Italian Cup after a disappointing defeat to Inter (who went on to win it). In the Champions League we wobbled our way through the group stages to face Real Madrid in the quarters. A 2-0 defeat in the first leg looked like we were doomed but an inspiring second leg saw us run out 4-0 winners. A semi-final clash against Barcelona was comprehensively dealt with to set up a final with Liverpool. The scores were level all the way up to the 61st minute when Mauro Cameronasi popped up with a header to give us the advantage. We held on for the remainder of the game and were crowned champions of Europe!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    Season two was rounded off in a more timely manner this time and I started with a quick evaluation of the squad. We were looking thin at centre half and in midfield and so I went on a shopping spree. Three defenders, one defensive midfielder and an absolute splurge later and I had my squad ready. The splurge, you may ask, was on Werder Bremen's attacking midfielder Diego. A £20million bid was gratefully accepted and I had a player in my squad capable of pulling the strings behind the striker.

Spoiler!

We began the season brightly with a 2-1 win over Inter in the Italian Super Cup. Inter would enact their revenge in the European Super Cup just five days later, beating us on penalties after a thrilling 3-3 encounter.

The league itself was a more or less straight forward affair and we were top of the table for most of the campaign. Inter did continue to put the pressure on us and it took until the penultimate round of fixtures to wrap up the league title.

Spoiler!

In the Italian Cup we cruised through to the final to face Roma. We disappointed ourselves by falling to a heavy 3-1 defeat in the first leg which meant we had it all to do in the second. Unfortunately we only managed to score 1 of the 2 goals we needed to even the tie and we fell at the last hurdle.

Spoiler!

It was a similar story in the Champions League and we overcame those who stood in our way to book a place in the final to face Chelsea to see if we could defend our title. It was a very nervy game but splurge-signing Diego attempted to settle any nerves by putting us ahead in the 18th minute. Chelsea brought it back level just 18 minutes later and then we found ourselves trailing in the 78th minute. Throwing everything I could at the drawing board I willed the lads to score an equalizer and it was that man Diego who grabbed an 88th minute goal to give us some hope. Extra time was a formality with neither side looking to threaten and it would be penalties to decide our fate...

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to M.C.F.C For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Smashing this mate!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920