Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Challenge 5 - Who's your Fritz?

vCash
    Ah ok! I'm a stupid!

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash

vCash
    So to get over the frustrations I've been having on Challenge 4 I thought this would be an easy distraction, you can fly through seasons as a national manager...

That formation though I do not like. First play through I was doing terribly, then I reread it and saw we could have arrows so started again using the following tactic:

(Note, not my strongest starting lineup, just what started my final game, what with injuries, fitness etc).

Obviously I chose Mario Gomez as my Fritz (it doesn't appear like there was another possibility) and he did okay, scoring a total of 16 goals and providing two assists, giving a total of 180 bonus points.

My team itself still struggled all the way through, particularly in friendlies (only scored in two friendlies, screen shots provided to show the goals/assists), but remarkably, when it came to the Euros we went and won it! Thanks to the typical German ruthlessness of penalties in the quarters against Spain, the easy draw of England in the semis and a Bastian Schweinsteiger golden goal in the final against Portugal.

Despite this, throughout the World Cup qualifying campaign the fans weren't happy, and after defeat against Switzerland left us 2nd in the group the board were also wavering. Fortunately Switzerland lost away at Albania meaning a draw in our last game against Azerbaijan (the second 0-0 they held us to) was enough to qualify top of the group, and though the board weren't sure it was enough to keep the job.

Then came the finals themselves, the group stages were relatively comfortable, 5 goals scored and none conceded against Belgium, Kuwait and Egypt seeing us top the group with 9 points, however Fritz was not firing, he had hardly had a kick and was yet to contribute more than one assist. Then the Round of 16 seemed to be going worse, as Gomez himself gives away a penalty to put us one down to Chile. This was obviously the kick up the backside he needed and was inspired for the rest of the game scoring the two crucial goals we needed to squeeze through.

The supposedly tougher test of Argentina followed, and it wasn't looking that way as Gomez again gave us the lead... however disaster struck in the 71st minute as the now confident talisman (who had signed for Spurs and then Barca in the game) picked up an injury. That was the motivation Argentina needed and with an 88 minute winner they took our place in the semis... They went on to lose in the final to Spain. The German team can at least hold their heads up high, unlike Italy who were knocked out in the Round of 16 by Iraq!

Anyway total points I believe as below:

Full screen shots here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RTMF.../Challenge%205

vCash
    Well...this turned out to be a disaster first time around but thought id post it for a giggle all time low score anyway lol

So turns out im not that great with the WM formation and got sacked before i even got to the world cup haha

Points as follow:

400 points for goals scored
    and my Fritz (Gomez as everyone else) 180 points after friendlies....

so a grand total of 580 haha may have to attempt this one again..

https://imgur.com/a/eHbZl - pictures

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shabba6 For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Starting this, and in an attempt to be different, Podolski will be my fritz.

vCash
    Great, have fun mate!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Well. What can I say

The challenge wasn't going amazing. But had qualified for the WC through the playoffs by beating Switzerland, and was mid WC.

Portugal, Togo and Qatar in my group was quite straightforward. Lost to Portugal then beat Togo and Qatar fairly easily.

Then this happens, the next day...
    Spoiler!

Strange one that. Absolutely Mannschaft-ed

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dweatherston11 For This Useful Post:

AJ

Faceless is offline Official Challenge Team
    KotM 2018 Winner

vCash
    Started this already with this WM. In my savegame, Japan won 2010 world cup.

Spoiler!

My Fritz is a relatively unknown uncapped player from D2 "Lemke" who feels he is ready for first team football. My squad right after date of check

Spoiler!

KotM 2018 Winner

vCash
    Done with tons of screenshots, 1,080 points. My tactic and first team

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Faceless; 12-07-18 at 03:48 PM.

vCash
    Hi!

Can anyone help me? I want to play challenge 5, but the pre-loaded game link doesnt work.
    Can someone give me a link?

thanks

KotM 2018 Winner

vCash
    You can just start a new game with required patch and database

vCash
    And which patch is required?

KotM 2018 Winner

vCash

vCash