Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Financial Queries

vCash

Monster wages for foreign player

I have a save with Queen's Park in Scotland, and all was going well signing free transfers and swaps to improve my squad.

Having climbed into the top flight, a MLS team came in for one of my players and I negotiated an exchange deal for a useful-looking defender (half American, half Mexican).

Two seasons later I realise I'm 5M in the red, so I had a a dig... and he's on 250k a week! That makes him the highest paid player in the world, and certainly not the contract I negotiated in the first place!

Has anyone ever seen this before? And if so, any idea how to solve it? I tried offering him a new deal but of course he refused, and giving him a free transfer would cost 30-odd million!

Thanks for your help

vCash
    I'm guessing your playing the new patch as I'm sure the most I've seen you can offer a player on the standard game is 120k/130k a week and as your Queens Park id be surprised if your board allowed you to offer such wages unless you are very wealthy!

As for getting rid, transfer list, reduce his value to £0 and prey someone takes him off your hands.

Failing that you could also discipline him so he appeals to clubs of a lower reputation but you risk making the rest of the squad unhappy.

Good luck.

vCash
    Did you not realise when offering him a contract?!

vCash
    sell him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stutel View Post
    I have a save with Queen's Park in Scotland, and all was going well signing free transfers and swaps to improve my squad.

Having climbed into the top flight, a MLS team came in for one of my players and I negotiated an exchange deal for a useful-looking defender (half American, half Mexican).

Two seasons later I realise I'm 5M in the red, so I had a a dig... and he's on 250k a week! That makes him the highest paid player in the world, and certainly not the contract I negotiated in the first place!

Has anyone ever seen this before? And if so, any idea how to solve it? I tried offering him a new deal but of course he refused, and giving him a free transfer would cost 30-odd million!

Thanks for your help
    Yeah I had the same thing happen when doing a player exchange. On the original 3.9.68 version too. We had a bid come in for Paulo Montero and instead of getting money out of it I decided to do a straight swap for Jorge Costa. I offered him 10k a week and a $250k signing on fee. 2 weeks later I noticed he was on 250k per week. I transfer listed him but it's nigh on impossible to sell a player that's on 250k a week! Anyway, obviously a bug of some sort, not sure if the fact both our players were on exactly a 250k p/w wage is just coincidence or not... and not sure if the 250k signing on fee was coincidence either...

vCash
    Hi Guys, I've been checking the following:

Dutch league, AZ, Vitesse, Groningen and Heerenveen
    All have a club rep of 11
    all have different stadium sizes

But AZ and Groningen have massive wages (highest is £15k per week)
    Heerenveen and Vitesse (with the bigger stadiums) have low wages (£3.5k per week)

In the editor all players have wages on 0
    Any ideas?

vCash

Money From Third Party Transfers

In my latest save, using the Saturn v5 patch, I notice that I am receiving 5% of any transfer fees involving players that I previously sold. I definitely did not add this as a clause in the original transfers so is it something hard coded into the Saturn patch?

vCash
    A bug from a Tapani patch I think. Never seen it until I started using those.

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    I've had it before. Can't remember if it was pre patches or not though.

Noticed it when players were at a club from a young age. Like a training fee or something.

vCash
    I still use .68 and have had it in there before. I think it might relate to the age of the player when sold

vCash

Red face What does it take for a club get a cash injection from the shareholders?

Is there any specific pattern as to what it takes? I mean, of course you would have to be pretty low on money, having less than £10m in the bank I assume, possibly much less than that and closer to zero.

But apart from the obvious, is there any pattern or something in how the plc/shareholder cash injection system works?

According to my sparse personal experience on the matter, it mostly seems like a lottery. My guess would be that if you have less than, say, £5-10m in the bank by April 1st, you might have a 20-40% chance to get a cash injection from the shareholder (if your club is a plc).

It would be great to have more knowledge about this topic though. If there is a more detailed pattern/system regarding cash injection it could be useful to plan and time leading up to April 1st, buying players for an appropriate amount etc. Few things in the game annoy me more than having my hard earned money, earmarked for future marquee signings, stolen by the shareholders. And similarly, missing out on appreciated cash injections from the same shareholders just because they think I have more than enough money as it is. It is annoying to basically get punished because you are economically responsible. That seems the be the primary aim of shareholders

vCash
    From my experience the balance in the bank doesn't affect the frequency or amount of cash injections. My guess is that the chairman of the club plays a big role on whether you will get injections and how often.

I managed CSKA in a previous save and received a cash injection of $29 million in my second season while having ~$4 mil in the bank. Received another $35 million injection two seasons later that took my balances over $100 mil.

Interestingly, my chairman's Resources stat went down from 14 to 13 right after the injection and never recovered. I would also guess that Business Acumen and Ambition also play a role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaJuve View Post
    Interestingly, my chairman's Resources stat went down from 14 to 13 right after the injection and never recovered.
    interesting, i guess thats him losing credibility among the investors like the more he injects cash, the less able he will be to inject in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    interesting, i guess thats him losing credibility among the investors like the more he injects cash, the less able he will be to inject in the future.
    I keep wondering if that was a coincidence, had no idea that chairman stats could change though.

For now I'm stuck with a crappy (and very young so no chance or retirement) chairman at Hoffenheim that I'm attempting to get rid off by bankrupting the club and getting a new board in. Releasing players on free and paying early contract termination fees, signing high wage loan players and staff, etc. If anyone has any suggestions on how to speed up the process, please let me know.

Also, does anyone know when the "bankrupt" status comes in? I'm still at "insecure"

vCash
    Excuse me but how do you see these chairman attributes, as in this picture? Is it some patch that does this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hausverkur View Post
    Excuse me but how do you see these chairman attributes, as in this picture? Is it some patch that does this?
    Not sure if you can do it on all chairmen/women

But click on finance/info (from squad page) then click on Chairman name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hausverkur View Post

You have to start a game with the ARSE command enabled. ARSE was programmed by the game developers as a hidden feature of sorts, I almost never start a new game without it.
    Stolen from another post somewhere on the internet:

It is a command for Cm0001 and CM0102 that you can add to player_setup.cfg to get the following effects

Your players CAN make obscene gestures to the crowd.
    Your physio/scouts CAN (not will) give negative comments as well.
    See your chairman's stats (Cm0102 Only).
    Increased chance of your players going AWOL

To get it to work, open c:\program files\championsip manager 01-02\data\player_setup.cfg in any text editor. e.g. Notepad. Make sure this file is not read-only before you do so, otherwise you won't be able to save. To do this, right click on the file, select properties and uncheck the 'read-only' box, then click on OK. Only then should you open it in your chosen text editor.

In player_setup.cfg, scroll to the bottom, and take a new line (if there isn't a blank line there to begin with), then type exactly "ARSE" - with quotes - and save. Start a new game to enable it. Note that you might not see the changes take effect straight away.
    Also, you can enable it with the official pre-game editor that came with the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post

Only with ARSE enabled, otherwise it only shows the Chairman's DOB and age.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post

You can't do that on everybody. Not with my chairman at Sunderland at least.

vCash

Monthly installments in transfers

Hi!

I have been wondering for a while, what the monthly installment tabs actually brings to the game in reality. It's obvious that the thought behind it is that the transfer fee is to be divided up over 6-, 12-, 18- or 24- months, but is it benefitial to do that?
    The reason I am asking, is because I recently fired up a rags-to-riches series on youtube, where the player uses monthly installments every transation, whereas myself I have never done so in the past.

- Does it leave more of the transfer budget to spend, since it is to paid off later, rather than now? (I've tested this, and it seemed to drop the same amount, regardless of the monthly payments), or is it:
    - It leaves the balance more intact (since the paysoffs haven't occurred yet, so you're more likely to get an increase in the transfer budget) [tested this, and it seemed to me be that the balance dropped less with monthly installments than w/o].

Anyone able to fill me in?

Thanks!

vCash
    I think that the biggest advantage is that you can sell a player within a couple of months and donít need to pay the remaining payments (that is a bug)

Not sure on your questions but I thought it was your first option until your test

vCash
    In leagues with low TV money or low prize money they can be a great way to manage your clubs finances. Once you go into the red the calibre of free player or bosman drops a fair bit due to the wages you can offer but once you've a positive balance it can help a lot. Even that freakishly good lower league player that costs 40k is still an option with some sort of positive balance.

For instance getting 6m over 24 months means you'll have 1.5m to last between each installment. Where as you get it in a lump sum you are likely to over spend it there and then which will likely result in selling your better players to balance the books by the end of the season or near the end. This doesn't matter a huge amount when you can get into Europe by spending everything but ideal for lower leagues

vCash

Talking Prize money

Hi guys

my question is are there any editors that can edit the prize money for competitions and league positions

vCash
    Areyou looking for "modern" finances?

If so, quick and dirty solution is change currecny to Aussie Dollar in game settings

But if you use Saturn V8 patch or Nick Patch then "modern finances" are also updated there (along with ore accurate prize money for competitions)

vCash
    oh thanks yeah was just looking to change the prize money for wining comps

Members who have read this thread: 63