Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Managing only B Team and National U21 teams

Managing only B Team and National U21 teams

Just a simple thread to let you guys know there are different sorts of CM challenges that you can play and the game doesn't let you unless you use a save game editor such as CM Explorer.

Some months ago, i was seeking for an idea for a save game and while was recreating my self with CM Explorer, i found out that i can move my self to a different team. So i started a new save and picked Alcorcón from Spanish Second Division. After saving it and exiting the game, i've opened that tool and moved my self to Real Madrid B and made me the manager of Spain's U-21 national squad.

Here's the deal when managing B teams in Spain. You can only sign free players and those you have full control in the future and you have the club's full financial capacity which let you pay high wages. :doggy: The first team manager won't have any control for your new signings. If you want a really hard challenge, you can sign youngsters only and that will make a realistic one. You can't bid an offer or ask for a loan of any attached players. The existing ones at your B team can be sold, loaned and selected to the first team as long Mourinho, Vilanova, Pellegrino, Bielsa, etc... wants it.
    Sometimes they relegate to the secondary team a reputed player such as Ricardo Carvalho but Mourinho promoted my higher game rated player (7.65) Enzo Fernandez who produced 7 goals and 4 assists in 9 games.

The game makes a monthly refresh and that's when these promotions and relegations happens. It also erases you team selection. You need to pick your starting eleven and subs every month.

I guess this will work at other leagues aswel such as Portugal with similar B teams and perhaps Germany with their amateure teams. I haven't tested it yet.
    Portuguese B teams can play the Portuguese Cup but Spanish B teams can't.

Now the U-21 job. You can pick your squad everytime you want. Unlike the senior national squads, you don't have a specific date to your selection.
    Every now and then, the game refreshes your previous selection according to their home reputations, but you can instanctly re-select the players you want.
    One funny fact is the game makes your match substitutions You can set the tactic and select the team, but you will not have any control of the substitutions made.

I guess there are lots of other save game ideas besides this one. Please put some feedback and also share your game ideas and experiences.

316'sRegen Unattached
    interesting angle, priming the young players is your focus here.

I would probably end up watching these young players trajectories through the game even after the first team sdlls them on.

When save games get on in years i always spend more time browsing career screens etc of ex players, some of them becoming decent managers etc in the game.

Would be fun to look through all the world stars to come through your "academy" after about 10-15 seasons

How cool it would be if you collect enough manager reputation points by winning many D2 titles in order to succeed Mourinho himself?

Since there are a limit of 50 players in the club, you need to be careful who you sign, if really is a good asset otherwise you won't get any player promotions from the youth system. I'm planning only to sign U-19 free players (mostly spaniards) and give priority to the first team if i decide to sell them, but always checking the numbers of spots available to get promoted youngsters.

There will be times i will play with greyed players, mainly because of injuries, bans or an unexpected player promotion to the first squad. But yeah, it will be awesome to "build" world class players at such conditions.

Not a thrilling challenge as we used to, but allows us to explore different angles and don't let us get bored by playing the same old ones.
    Last edited by LR; 07-03-13 at 04:29 PM.

This is good

I always thought about controling a "B" side or an "afiliated" team but thought I could do it while playing with a friend.

Keep us informed LR

316'sRegen Unattached
    Although difficult to score, this would make a good scenario save.

Your players that make the first team make you points per game/goal with bonuses for U21 caps etc (so maybe unfair to be U21 manager at the same time)

Do you plan to share the save Luis? I am not familiar with flex tools but would like to use this if poss and have a "Youthful Upising" scenario at a team.

That's a good idea!

Instead of sharing it, i'll post a brief tutorial with most of the steps to follow.

1 - Download CM Explorer here

2 - Create a save game with the leagues you want and pick the weakest team or even one that has no manager.

3 - Save it and exit after.

4 - Run CM Explorer as administrator and load your save game at "File". Make sure you select "Saved Game .sav" and not "CM Database .index data" at the option below. You might need to go a folder level up and return again to your game folder in order to find your save game.
    Spoiler!

5 - Double click at CM Database, and at Staff you can you the option Find located at the binoculars.
    Spoiler!

6 - Double click your name and you'll open your stats. In this case i've made Hallescher's manager. Now you can pick any team and if wanted a national job at any country (under21 included). After those selections you select ok, and save it at "File".
    Spoiler!

And this is pretty much it. Only takes a minute or two.

Are there people on this Earth stupid enough not to have understood from the first post?

Anyway, it's a nice idea, and of course, by using two managers you can obviously take control of the primary teams too which offers more control over player movement.

Good challenge Russo! I remember playing a network game with you controlling portuguese B teams! It was fun! Why did we stop that?

Quote Originally Posted by ClayDatsusara View Post
    Good challenge Russo! I remember playing a network game with you controlling portuguese B teams! It was fun! Why did we stop that?
    Can't remember why. Perhaps we had too many network game saves going on.
    But it was fun alright.

I was thinking of starting some sort of San Marino challenge. Basically take over the club team and win the club world cup and win the world cup with the national team. Then try to do the same with Andorra.
    Just a thought........

How about a money making challenge? Make as much money as possible in one season (prize money not included!), while still remaining competitive (do worse than Xth position and you're disqualified).

Someone had the same idea as yo JLa : http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...llar-challenge

Yeah, but reaching "1 billion dollars" (what is this, the new Die Hard-movie?) would take forever. I was looking for a one-season thing.

Alright keep your hair on

I don't mean to brag but I do have £547 million in bank after only 6 seasons

I normally have 0.00 in the bank after a weekend bender

My current challenge is to take a team that has won the old cup winners cup but not the uefa cup of champs league & win the triple crown!

I'm running the odb and there are a few choice teams from back then that are available - currently considering Chelsea & Atletico Madrid!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Russo View Post
    That's a good idea!

Instead of sharing it, i'll post a brief tutorial with most of the steps to follow.

1 - Download CM Explorer here

2 - Create a save game with the leagues you want and pick the weakest team or even one that has no manager.

3 - Save it and exit after.

4 - Run CM Explorer as administrator and load your save game at "File". Make sure you select "Saved Game .sav" and not "CM Database .index data" at the option below. You might need to go a folder level up and return again to your game folder in order to find your save game.
    Spoiler!

5 - Double click at CM Database, and at Staff you can you the option Find located at the binoculars.
    Spoiler!

6 - Double click your name and you'll open your stats. In this case i've made Hallescher's manager. Now you can pick any team and if wanted a national job at any country (under21 included). After those selections you select ok, and save it at "File".
    Spoiler!

And this is pretty much it. Only takes a minute or two.
    I try this and seem to hit a problem - when I save or update a file I see the file with a little padlock attached to it and CM0102 doesn't seem to open it. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

whoever had the idea of managing San Marino is clearly a fruitcake, they're rubbish.

I've currently doing the San Marino challenge to get them to win CL as quick as poss
    3 successive promotions - we are now in Serie A

Over £1m in debt though and the challenge is to only sign Freebies as well!
    Need to expand ground as 4.5k is rather small and the San Marinese waiting list for season tickets is growing!

As a lot of people here, I always wanted to play with young squad. My dreams come true ahah, thank you.

Resumind the thread in order to seek your feedback of personal challenge of mine.
    Also considering to take this one into the stories thread. I always wanted to write some shit over there
    but as some of you know, my english writing skills are very poor to say the least but again i might... for the best or the worst

Here it is... since the game release i've only played the German leagues once with a decent spell at Köln.
    That said and seeking weird and extreme ways to play the game, I tought that taking the former East Germany giant Dynamo Dresden to top flight at the country's first tier like they did in the early 40's, might be a cool challenge (no policitical agenda intended, just plain old CM fun)

The rules/restrictions are:

- Only sign players that would be considered East Germans if the Berlin Wall still existed, by using an odd FM database i've found a couple of weeks ago with an active DDR-Oberliga and East Germany national teams. (the likes of Rene Adler, Clemens Fritz, Tony Jantschke...)

- No wib/wobbling involved and preferently using a default tct with players' instrutions only.

- Signing u-17 german nationality freebies will be allowed.

Any ideas that i could add to this? A penny for your thoughts
    Last edited by LR; 21-03-14 at 10:41 PM.

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

www.transfermarket.com > advanced search > country of birth = DDR

Over 1000 players found

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/su...earchId=246042

Cheers Derm
    had no idea that we could do that kind of search. Top stuff!!
    That will help no doubt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast