Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Challenge 13 - The Mighty Titans

Loved this challenge.

Found it surprisingly easy getting through the leagues, think I set up my tactic well.

Even when I made it to Serie A was straight into the Champions League places. Took my fourth attempt to actually win the league though!

First year in Champions League did really well in the first group stage but ended up drawing Bayern, Barca and United in the second, so didn't make it through there. Next year I really fancied my chances had easier groups and then drew Marseille in the quarters, had had them in the first group stage and over the two matches edged it, but lost both legs of the tie. Finally though, the following year I'd picked up a few good players in the off season and it was enough to go all the way, got through a tough second group stage, Real topped the group and I edged out United and Bayern, and beat Serville and Milan on my way to meeting Real again in the final. Our two group games earlier had both been home wins (2-0 us, 3-1 them) so figured it'd be close, and the team weren't playing well, hadn't scored in 4 games, including the Cup final second leg, but surprisingly ran away 3-0 winners!

Have a nice little team going now, stadium capacity of 17,050, money in the bank - don't want to give them up!

Screen Shots here:

https://rtmfw-cm.tumblr.com/post/168...-mighty-titans

Oh it was 2008 by the time we won the Champions League!
    Last edited by RTMFW; 16-12-17 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Missed the key bit of info!

Faceless is offline Official Challenge Team
    KotM 2018 Winner
    Season#1 (2001/2)

Tactic

Spoiler!

Squad at the end of season, All Italian. Not so easy to sign quality freebies

Spoiler!

Finished 1st place and won the promotion to C1. Serie C Cup Runner-up

Spoiler!

KotM 2018 Winner
    Season#2 (2002/3)

Squad at the end of season and transfers

Spoiler!

Finished 1st place and won the promotion to Serie B. Serie C Cup Winner. C1 Super Cup Winner

Spoiler!

KotM 2018 Winner
    Season#3 (2003/4)

Serie B Runner Up. Just one point behind Livorno. Next year Serie A

Spoiler!

Squad at the end of season and transfers.

Spoiler!

Massimo Taibi, at the age of 43 he still playing strong for us. Compared to when he was 41

Spoiler!

KotM 2018 Winner
    Season#4 (2004/5)

Squad and Transfers. Signed Abbiati as potential replacement for Taibi

Spoiler!

Only draw or lost during the last 5 matches. Provided that we have just 60 points, i'm satisfied with 3rd place in Serie A

Spoiler!

Pre-season#5, Shock retirement of Taibi (His handling was 20 when he retired, it was about 11 when i signed him.) and Abbiati. While stadium has been expanded traning facilities need major investment.

Spoiler!

KotM 2018 Winner
    Season#5 (2005/6)

Squad and Transfers

Spoiler!

Serie A Winner, Italian Cup Runner-up. First year in CL. Lost to Real Madrid during Semi Final

Spoiler!

KotM 2018 Winner
    Season#6 (2006/7)

Squad and Transfers

Spoiler!

Serie A Winner, Poor performance in cup

Spoiler!

KotM 2018 Winner
    Season#7 (2007/8)

Squad and Transfers. Just a few but good quality signings, Gabriele Coco remember the name.

Spoiler!

Serie A and Italian Cup winner

Spoiler!

Champions League winner. We struggled during final match due to red card. Gabriele Coco was named as man of the match.

Spoiler!

Makes a nice change to the usual story of the AI having one shot and winning despite you dominating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12