England

Spoiler!

Summary

vCash
    Well I had a good run topping the table on this challenge

Great work indeed mate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kikivampy View Post
    After a good job in D2, we won the Croatian D1, http://imgur.com/zDR1plk , 791pts
    My regular team, http://imgur.com/2E0BMca . Only Rakitic and Nikola Kalinic left from DB!!!
    12045pts!
    Winning the 1st division with 14 croatians (Trajcevski and Bourgault are croatians too) and Italian and french players (Yatabaré is french).
    Losing in 2nd groupe phase in Champion's League.
    http://imgur.com/QNBDdNS
    http://imgur.com/qmGGDhd
    700+106=806pts
    Total: 12848pts!
    ​Last year in Croatia!!!
    Just been checking your score mate and you short changed yourself 3 points here, so I'll amend the table now for ya

Will go through your results tonight when home Faceless

Faceless is offline Official Challenge Team
    KotM 2018 Winner

vCash
    Thanks mate. Please let me know if i miss anything. Do need to take a break after completed this super long challenge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    Thanks mate. Please let me know if i miss anything. Do need to take a break after completed this super long challenge.
    I don't blame you mate!

vCash
    All good mate, enjoy ya break

vCash
    Anyone remember what patch they used with this (/start date etc)?

I've tried 4 or 5 variations now and every time it stops working in the September?

vCash
    Sorry mate I don't use patches so can't advise.

Faceless is offline Official Challenge Team
    KotM 2018 Winner

vCash
    Kiki and I did this with 3.68 tapanified 2.21.

I created a new savegame with starting year of 2015 and ODB 2010 database. Running smooth as silk (in my experience)

vCash
    Kiki and I did this with 3.68 tapanified 2.21.

I created a new savegame with starting year of 2015 and ODB 2010 database. Running smooth as silk (in my experience)
    Thanks, will give it a blast!

vCash
    So I've been taking my time and got through 9 seasons of this challenge. Dominated with Roma (2 league wins, runner up Champs league year 1, winner year 2), then my second nationality being French let me get the Lyon job in February, and managed to turn their season round to win the league, won it each of the next 3 seasons too with 2 champions league wins and one runner up. Then moved to Panathanaikos, which made Greece so easy! Again turned their season round, and won the league in each of the 3 years. Great performance in the champions league too, with one runner up and then in my last season beating Real Madrid in the final...

Now I have a problem though... It doesn't seem possible to manage any African nation! After two years searching for a job decided to investigate further, the save game editor says that they are not active. Is there any way I can change this?
    Last edited by RTMFW; 13-06-18 at 07:49 AM.

vCash
    I'm not aware of any case like this... Do you apply for any african job?

vCash
    I'm not aware of any case like this... Do you apply for any african job?
    Literally they never come up, all of the staff on the African countries just say "Unknown"

vCash
    Someone will surely help you!!!

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

vCash
    How are International jobs not active? I've never heard of that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    How are International jobs not active? I've never heard of that
    Some are, just no African ones

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

vCash
    I remember finding it hard to get an African job too.... they tend to fire all their managers around the same time, and then there's nothing for a few years

vCash
    You have to wait...

vCash
    Do second nationalities count as italians such as cafu and emerson?

vCash
    In the rules in the first post mate, yes second nationalities are allowed.

vCash
    thought about this but decided to do a shorter challenge instead.

vCash
    Merry Christmas all! My Christmas present to myself was finally finishing this one hell of a slog of a challenge! It didn't help that I had to start again due to not having any African jobs available!

In the spirit of the challenge I started as Italian, but put a 2nd nationality as French to help with that first move. That really paid off and after 2 trophy laden years in Rome I moved to Lyon which set the tone for the success to come. Out of my 20 league seasons I only once failed to win the league, and I don't see that as a blemish as taking over Levante in December I managed to finish runners up behind Real - it helped that Barca were a mid table team during my time in Spain.

The hardest I found getting jobs other than that was in Greece and Croatia, but once I had the jobs the leagues seemed really easy. Buying up young players they couldn't seem to cope with my 4-2-3-1 formation. In Germany I landed the Wolfsburg job, which was a gift to be fair, they were already in the Champions League, and Bayern weren't even in the Bundesliga any more! Then for the final task I had the luxury of managing an Everton side who had also been competing well (newly promoted Manchester United turned me down, but Champions League qualified Everton did not, who'd have thought it!) Though surprisingly the Premier league was perhaps the toughest. By far my lowest points to game - but still 3 championships!

All of that meant I was competing for the Champions League in 16 seasons. I'm assuming you get points for each of these seasons? My record here was similar to Jose, I never failed to make the knock out stages, and managed 7 titles with 6 different teams... my Lyon team winning in both years they competed, my poor Greek Panserraikos losing out twice to Barcelona in the final being the only team I didn't take all the way!

My luck with jobs also held for the African role, where I had the defending champions the Ivory Coast - I managed to even with the Confederations Cup with them in the lead up to the African Cup of Nations. Wish I could have held on for the World Cup but that wasn't part of the challenge...

Anyway, it's been a while, this may be the only challenge I've completed this year (I started another one at some point, not sure if I'll finish it before the new year though) but really enjoyed it in the main! Here is what I believe to be my final points tally:

vCash
    In my game there is no job for an African national team for 10 years. I tried to add a new manager, and the program does not allow management of an African national team. Why?

vCash
    Sorry for the delay in replying mate, I don't know what I can advise, as others have said further up it appears African Nations don't sack their managers often but when they do lots of countries do, but you'd have at least some come up over 10 years.

I'll ask the fellow mods what course of action is best and get back to you.
    Last edited by AMC; 22-11-19 at 05:42 PM.

vCash
    I don't undestand why you can't... Is it a bug? I never wait much more than 2-3 years to take an African national team...

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast