Thread: Challenge 15 - Roman General

vCash
    Thank you in advance.

Faceless is offline Official Challenge Team
    KotM 2018 Winner

vCash
    Thank you for your patience

vCash
    Sorry for the delay in giving you an answer to this mate, the moderators have decided you can add a second manager and then resign to make a position available for yourself to apply for.

vCash
    This is impossible. The game does not allow me to take control any african team. Other: I don't get a message if another club makes an offer for a player who is on my shortlist. Why?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTMFW View Post
    Merry Christmas all! My Christmas present to myself was finally finishing this one hell of a slog of a challenge! It didn't help that I had to start again due to not having any African jobs available!

In the spirit of the challenge I started as Italian, but put a 2nd nationality as French to help with that first move. That really paid off and after 2 trophy laden years in Rome I moved to Lyon which set the tone for the success to come. Out of my 20 league seasons I only once failed to win the league, and I don't see that as a blemish as taking over Levante in December I managed to finish runners up behind Real - it helped that Barca were a mid table team during my time in Spain.

The hardest I found getting jobs other than that was in Greece and Croatia, but once I had the jobs the leagues seemed really easy. Buying up young players they couldn't seem to cope with my 4-2-3-1 formation. In Germany I landed the Wolfsburg job, which was a gift to be fair, they were already in the Champions League, and Bayern weren't even in the Bundesliga any more! Then for the final task I had the luxury of managing an Everton side who had also been competing well (newly promoted Manchester United turned me down, but Champions League qualified Everton did not, who'd have thought it!) Though surprisingly the Premier league was perhaps the toughest. By far my lowest points to game - but still 3 championships!

All of that meant I was competing for the Champions League in 16 seasons. I'm assuming you get points for each of these seasons? My record here was similar to Jose, I never failed to make the knock out stages, and managed 7 titles with 6 different teams... my Lyon team winning in both years they competed, my poor Greek Panserraikos losing out twice to Barcelona in the final being the only team I didn't take all the way!

My luck with jobs also held for the African role, where I had the defending champions the Ivory Coast - I managed to even with the Confederations Cup with them in the lead up to the African Cup of Nations. Wish I could have held on for the World Cup but that wasn't part of the challenge...

Anyway, it's been a while, this may be the only challenge I've completed this year (I started another one at some point, not sure if I'll finish it before the new year though) but really enjoyed it in the main! Here is what I believe to be my final points tally:

Fuckin hell!! what tactics exactly are we using here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bacsi77 View Post
    This is impossible. The game does not allow me to take control any african team. Other: I don't get a message if another club makes an offer for a player who is on my shortlist. Why?
    Using Tapani patch and have "hide non public bids" checked? If so, uncheck it

Also - for he Africa job it was recently asked and the Challenge mods said this.........

the moderators have decided you can add a second manager and then resign to make a position available for yourself to apply for.

vCash
    You don't understand what I'm saying... Sorry for my english... I added a second manager, but I cannot take control any african team... I tried every African team but there is no "take control" subtitle.

vCash
    You don't understand what I'm saying... Sorry for my english... I added a second manager, but I cannot take control any african team... I tried every African team but there is no "take control" subtitle.
    Ah - I see - hmmmmmmmm - will leave the Challenge mod's come back to you then

vCash
    What does it show when you go on add manager and then click on the profile on any African player and then on their nationality?

vCash

vCash
    Bizarre, nothing else we can suggest then except youíll have to skip that part of the challenge and not receive any points for that bit.

vCash
    When I start a new game, i can manage a few african nation. But... For example, I can't control the Ivory Coast, even though I read in the comments that someone controlled them.

vCash
    No one else has ever had an issue managing the likes of Nigeria, Ivory Coast or Cameroon as far as I know thatís why I donít know what else to suggest.

vCash
    Cameroon and Nigeria is OK, but Ivery Coast is NOK.

vCash
    But you canít take over either now youíve said that so all you can do is miss out that part of the challenge.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314