Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenge 15 - Roman General

vCash
    1st season with foreigners at Cibilia in Croatian 1st division

Have smashed the league by about 20 points. 2-1 up after 1st leg in cup final as well so hopefully more glory

Summer signings to come and all foreigners gone so will be looking to do same next season!

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Question about Croatia.... the OP says "up to 15 croats, minimum of 5 Italians...plus Frenchies and Greeks" ... if I have guys who are dual French/Croatian, can I count them as Frenchies and not as part of my 15 Croats maximum?

vCash
    If it leaves you with more than 15 Croats I don't see why not.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    yeah... I have 15 croats plus 2 french/croats so I want to keep them as Frenchies and not have to get rid of 2 other Croatians

vCash
    Fuck - didn't think you could have French or Greek in Croatia?!

I'm just doing it with Croatian and at least 5 Italian?

vCash
    Just re-read OP

Can't see anything in the Croatia bit about French/Greek?!

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    It was clarified in the original thread I believe.... you can have players of every nationality that you have finished so far... so by the time you get to Croatia, you can have French, Italian, Greek and Croatians.... but due to their foreigner rules, Churky decided to say max of 15 Croats, minimum of 5 Italians..... and any amount of the other nationalities...

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    ffs... I can't figure out how to get to the old site to grab the post....

vCash
    Its easy man

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    well I managed to get there but couldn't get past the front page....

vCash
    Didn't realise that! Ah well - will just stick with Italian and Croatian anyway - make it tougher

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    barely any foreigners want to move to Croatia anyway so it's really not that big of a deal.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    well I managed to get there but couldn't get past the front page....
    Which post do you need mate and I will grab it

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    fecked if I know... I was going to browse the thread and take the important posts where Churks has clarified the rules is all

vCash
    I asked somewhere about other nationalities, and I'm sure you can sign nationalities of players that you've already conquered.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    So my career has now taken me to Achea, specifically the ancient city of Athens. I have arrived here in a small village just outside the capital that will be my base of operations for this, and future, campaigns. The name of the village in the local dialect is “Ilysiakos” so I will call my newest legion the Legio V Ilysiakos in honour of the local people who have welcomed me so graciously.

My first tasks were to get acquainted with the area and create some kind of working army from the local population and whatever veterans from the Empire that I could convince to come and join my latest mission. I figured to be able to have a new legion of recruits that met my high standards within a maximum of one year, hopefully comprised entirely of troops from Rome and Gaul.

My first year of campaigning in Achea was a complete success. We managed to defeat the majority of smaller city-states surrounding the area and my hastily assembled group of soldiers proved themselves to be ready to take on the larger regions during next year’s campaign. I had begun to reshape the legion but it was proving difficult to recruit good Roman and Gaulish veterans so I was making sure I took many young soldiers with plenty of potential who were eager to prove themselves in battle.

By the beginning of the second year of campaigns, my newest legion had been almost completely restocked with the types of troops I wanted, with the exception of a few mercenaries to fill out the ranks. We dominated the surrounding areas and established ourselves as the best army in the region, easily defeating the other city-states and submitting them to our will.

Spoiler!

The third year of our Achean campaign saw the legion purged of all but the troops I had recruited from Rome and Gaul. We had a good mix of experienced veterans and young, promising recruits.

Spoiler!

Again, my legions were victorious. We crushed all our opponents under foot as we again demonstrated the power of Rome and the might of her armies.

Spoiler!

We also took part in the tournament of Champions again and made it to the second last battle where we were defeated by the Legio IX Romanus, the first Legion I had ever commanded. Although defeat was unfortunate, the evening was spend in the company of old friends surrounded by food and wine.

Spoiler!

I received word that my fourth season of campaigning would be my last here in Achea…. It seems as though the Carthaginians are starting to cause trouble again and I am on stand-by to go and deal with them if it gets out of hand. The campaign was a huge success again. Those unruly merchants will never again hide behind the armies of their city-states and attempt to subvert Roman rule. For the fourth straight season of campaigning, we proved that the Legio V Ilysiakos is not to be underestimated.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Additionally, we once again entered into the Tournament of Champions to test our skills in battle. This time, we managed to successfully defeat all who were pitted against us, finishing the tournament with a resounding victory over another Roman legion from the homeland.

Spoiler!

As predicted, I was soon ordered to leave Achea for the African province to deal with the rising Carthaginian threat.

Arriving in the African province, I soon found myself looking for some locals that I could train into a fighting force the likes of which this part of the world had never seen. I was unable to call on any Roman assistance as they had their hands full with the riots and rebelliousness caused by Carthage and her agents. I found myself talking with a group of very dark-skinned men who had an interesting proposal for me. They had heard of my reputation and wanted to offer me their warriors for the task ahead. They had no love for Carthage as the Carthaginians had blocked many of the trade routes to the southwest where their country was located. I had never heard of the “Ghana” that they spoke of but a quick demonstration by a few of their warriors convinced me that with Roman discipline and tactics, we could route our enemies and bring peace back to the region.

Spoiler!

The Ghanaians were quick learners and their achievements were beyond my expectations. Not only did they sweep aside every army that was put before us, but they humiliated the Carthaginians and restored order to the area.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I have now been called away to deal with yet another problem that has surfaced in the Empire…. Something to do with Queen Teuta. I can only hope that my second in command here in Ghana who goes by the name “Kony” can maintain order….. he seems to prefer younger recruits over the experienced veterans but that is no longer my problem.

Spoiler!

Season 7 – Ilysiakos AO – (With foreign players)

League: Winner of Greek Second Division = 0 pts
    Champions League: N/A = 0 pts
    League Goals: N/A = 0 pts
    Total Points: 6,715 + 0 = 6,715

Season 8 – Ilysiakos AO – (With foreign players)

League: Winner = 700 pts
    Champions League: N/A = 0 pts
    League Goals: 59 = 59 pts
    Total Points: 6,715 + 759 = 7,474

Season 9 – Ilysiakos AO – (Italian & French players only)

Champions League: Lost in semis to Roma = 800 pts
    League Goals: 47 = 47 pts
    Total Points: 7,474 + 1,547 = 9,021

Season 10 – Ilysiakos AO – Final Season (Italian & French players only)

Champions League: Winner = 1000 pts
    League Goals: 59 = 59 pts
    Total Points: 9,021 + 1,759 = 10,780

Season 11 – Unemployed

Applications for Nigeria and Algeria jobs rejected
    Offer from PSG turned down

Season 12 – Unemployed

Offer from PSG turned down
    Offer from Bordeaux turned down
    Offer from Troyes turned down
    Offer from Sedan turned down

Season 13 – African Cup of Nations (Ghana)

African Cup of Nations: Winner – 700 pts
    Goals: 28 = 28 points
    Total Points: 10,780 + 728 = 11,508

vCash
    Fantastic stuff mate, although I'm not too sure on that Kony!

I'm also back playing this, just started my first season in Spain with Real Madrid so we're not too far apart.

Best of luck with Zagreb mate!

vCash
    How we getting on CF and Redknapp?

I should have my first season with Real Madrid done by Sunday night.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    barely touched it recently tbh....upcoming move has been taking up a lot of free time.... that and Diablo 3

vCash
    No worries mate. I'm pretty bored with Real, I should have gone for a smaller club

vCash
    League - Winners! Was tight for the first 10 games, but we began to pull away after that, and ended the season 24 games unbeaten.

CL - Runners Up! Breezed through both groups stages, before battering CSKA Moscow 7-2 over two legs. The semis brought the challenge of Fenerbahce, but after we won the first leg away 2-0 we had one foot in the final and a 2-0 home win secured our place in the final. Dortmund would be our opponents, who overcame our rivals Barcelona, and ruin a UEFA dream final (just like this year ). We battered them for 90 mins, we battered them for 120 mins, but in the end after the game finished 0-0 we went to pens. Unfortuantely after scoring our first pen, we fell apart missing our next 4 and Dortmund would have the trophy!

Spanish Cup - More penalty misery as a reserve side went out to 2nd division side Burgos after drawing 1-1 on agg over two legs.

I've already brought in 15 players at a cost of £46.5m that meet the requirements for next season, as well as a few players I inherited in the squad who will be here next season. The problems will come replacing the quality of these two players!

At least I can buy them when I leave Real in another couple of seasons!

Points this season

League Title - 700 pts
    League Goals - 60 pts
    CL Runners Up - 900 pts

Total for season = 700 + 60 + 900 = 1,660 pts

Total points on challenge so far =
    15,843 pts. + 1,660 pts = 17,503 pts.

vCash
    I'm back on this again now

Midway thorough 2nd season with Cibilia in Croatia - top of league and in 2nd group stage

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    I'm in fucking Croatia right now too.... I hate the place (sorry Churky )

it's hard for me to be motivated to continue but i know I'll get past it eventually.... think I still have 1 more season to go provided I win the league this year....

vCash
    Think I got confused by the rules so I only have Croatians and Italians in squad - may as well do it the hard way!

vCash
    Yeah Croatia was a slog for me as well.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast