Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash

Challenge 15 - Roman General

You are a general in the Roman Army with a great career ahead of you. The consuls of the Republic want to put you to the test first. You have to defeat the tribes in Italy and establish Rome as the regional power! They are ready to give you a few legions to do this task (Win Italian league with Roma, using only Italian players.)

The consuls are very pleased with what you've done, but they are worried because of the constant invasions of the Gauls. They want you to take your legions north and conquer the Gauls for good. We don't want them to remain a threat for centuries, do we? (Win French First Divison with only Italian players.) However, once you've conquered the Gauls, you have to stay and govern the province for one more year. If you are particularly efficient in establishing the Roman rule in France (win the CL in 2nd season), the consuls will reward you with a triumph in Rome (1000 points).

Excellent! While you were fighting the Gauls, rich Greek merchant cities became a pain in the arse so the consuls, delighted with your work so far, want you to deal with the Greeks. You’re allowed to recruit new troops in France for this task. (Win Greek First Division with Italian and French players only. ) Again, stay there for a year more to make sure they won’t rebel. (Stay at the club for another year, of course.)

“We have a problem with Carthage, general. The siege of Messana, by the joint forces of Carthage and Syracuse, was the act of war and we won’t tolerate it. We’re sending you to make the end of it…and not just the siege, mind you, we want you to destroy Carthage!" (Win African Nations Cup with any African nation.)

The trade routes of the Adriatic Sea had, prior to Roman dominance in Italy, been subject to the Tarentine fleet. But with the loss of independence of Tarentum, responsibility for securing the sea ways of the Adriatic now fell to Rome. The coast of Illyria was rife with pirates under the rule of King Agron, who had just died from the excesses of celebrating yet another successful raid. The rule over the pirates had now fallen to his widow Teuta. Defeat Queen Teuta (win Croatian First Division) and stay there for a year more, just like in the previous tasks. However, some of the locals have rebelled against the queen and they’re willing to join your army. (You can have up to 15 Croatian players in your team, but you also have to have at least 5 Italians. French and Greek players are also allowed.)

Upon your return from Illyria, the consuls have bad news. The remnants of Carthaginian army are still fighting us in Spain. The war have waged to and fro. The consuls want you to land a decisive blow with a compiled army from your journies. (Win Spanish First Division, using only Italian, French, Greek, and Croatian players. Again, stay for another year and attempt to win the CL.)

While you were in Spain, the Germans were massing at the Saône, preparing to invade Italy by crossing the Alps in two different places. The Teutones crossed the mountains in the west, the Cimbri did so in the east. You are sent there to stop them with your loyal army, including the fresh recruits from Spain. (Win German First Division using only Italian, French, Greek, Croatian, and Spanish players. Stay for another year.)

You’ve proven to be the best general in the Republic, but the consuls want you to complete one more mission. Take your forces and conquer England! (Win English Premier League, using Italian, French, Greek, Croatian, Spanish, and German players. Stay for another year.)

Proud, but tired, you have returned home to see young Octavian becoming a sole ruler of Rome. He grants your wish to retire, and you’re on your way to a nice villa you recently bought. Unfortunately, on the streets of Rome, one of the senators cuts your throat. He found out you were banging his wife every time you came back to Rome.

Rules

-use Sept ODB 2010 Update or the Christmas 2010 SIM Update
    -load Italy, France, Greece, Croatia, Spain, Germany, and England
    -your tactic must have at least 3 players at the back, and/or wingers somewhere
    -every time you're moving to the next task, you have to resign from your previous club, and apply for vacancies in the required league
    -when doing the Africa part, you are not allowed to manage a club and a nation at the same time
    -nationalities work like in the Nationals Challenge; you use the first season at a club to get rid of the foreigners/non-eligible nations, and second season must be with all the allowed players
    -second nationalities are allowed
    -upon the start, use the savegame editor and set your CA/PA to 190/195
    -changing your nationality is not allowed; HOWEVER, upon the start of the game, you can add yourself a second nationality
    -once you've changed your CA/PA and added yourself a 2nd nationality, you're done with editor for good
    -If you get a new job before Christmas, it counts as your first season. If you get it after Christmas, the next season counts as your first at the club
    -once you've got a job in a country, you have to stick with that club, i.e. you're not allowed to move to another club in that country

Champions League title – 1000 points
    runners-up – 900 pts
    semifinals – 800 pts

League title - 700, runners-up 600, 3rd placed 500
    African Nations Cup winners – 700 pts
    Every league goal your team score is worth 1 point.
    Every goal your team score on African Nations Cup is worth 1 point.

You can choose to create the game yourself, or download a pre-loaded save
    Save Game
    http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=246
    Last edited by Craig Forrest; 18-02-16 at 04:40 PM.

vCash
    Okay season over and this is how it went.

Serie A - Pretty much in the bag when I gave my update in March, but we extended our unbeaten run to the end of the season, with the title confirmed as ours after game 28, when Inter could only draw at home. After the league was ours, I played a complete 2nd team for the rest of the fixtures, focussing on the CL. Borriello impressing with a good run in the side, finishing with 11 goals in the last 5 games.

CL - Our last 2 games in the Group stage gave a chance for the fringe players to get some game time, and they didn't let me down, beating Valencia 3-0 at home, and having the best of a 0-0 draw against Man Utd at Old Trafford. The Quarter Final pitted us against more English opposition, in the shape of Arsenal. The 1st leg at the Emirates saw us recover from going 1-0 down in the first 5 mins to leading 2-1, before conceeding a late equaliser, still a good result with 2 important away goals. So it was delicately poised going into the 2nd leg, and things got off to a bad start when first Adriano had to be replaced by Luca Toni (Borriello ineligible as he's on loan), and then a minute later centre back Juan was sent off for a reckless challenge on Chamakh. Even with a man advantage, we contained the Gunners and in the 90 mins they only registered one shot on target. Usually I would say they scored with this chance as is always the way, but this time I can't, and the game ended 0-0, and we were through to the semis.

The teams left were ourselves, Man Utd, Real Madrid and Barcelona, and I really wanted to avoid the Catalans, especially after an 8-2 agg win against Lyon in there quarter, winning 7-1 at the Nou Camp. Needless to say we drew Barcelona, but the 2nd leg would be at home, which I always prefer. With my team completely rested having played no league games for a couple of weeks, we were hit by the news of an injury to Adriano in training the day before the semi, ruling him out for a week, so Toni took his place up front. Barca took the lead after 33 mins through David Villa, but Toni equalised on the stroke of half time, but before the whistle there was time for Messi to restore Barcelona's lead, and we went in 2-1 down at the break. Chances went begging for the home side in the 2nd half, and they should have extended their lead, but they were in no danger of conceeding, and the game finished 2-1. As far as defeats go probably the best I could have got, an away goal meaning just a 1-0 win in the return leg would see us progress to the final. Adriano would make his return in the 2nd leg, and what happened next was unbelieveable. First Perrotta gave us the lead at the break with a strike midway through the first half, and if it stayed the same we were through. The game really came to life though in a 16 min spell in the 2nd half, and another goal late on, which saw us breeze into the final.

So we would face Man Utd for the 3rd time this season, with us winning our home game 3-0, and drawing 0-0 away with a weakened side, although in a final anything could happen. Everyone was fit for the final, and Juan made his return from suspension, Coppola had since replaced Doni as keeper. The game was played at Hampden Park, Glasgow, Sir Alex Ferguson's home town, but he would have to think again if he thinks we were going to give him a nice welcome home. De Rossi scored a screamer just before half time, and midway through the 2nd half, Roma legend and my captain Francesco Totti doubled our lead, which was enough to give us a 2-0 win, and the trophy!

Points this season

League Title - 700 pts
    League Goals - 86 pts
    Champions League - 1,000 pts

Total for season = 1,000 + 700 + 86 = 1,786 pts

Couple more transfers made before the season ended, both in the summer. First up Mirko Vucinic's good form had attracted AC Milan, and I had no complaints in accepting there £16.25m offer, spread over 6 months. All season I was wondering how I was going to replace Adriano's goals (35 in 39), and I'm more than happy with his replacement. Inter striker Diego Milito had asked to be placed on the transfer list, and we agreed a fee of £8m for the 31 yr old striker (32 in the summer). Usually I wouldn't spend so much on someone of that age, but he still has great stats, and I'll only be at Roma for a season anyway, so hopefully he can fire the goals that would retain the league and the CL.
    Last edited by AMC; 04-03-12 at 06:41 PM.

vCash
    The tribes of Italy have been conquered for good!

Unfortunately, the CL didn't go so well, we lost 4-2 at Chelsea, despite leading 1-0 and coming back to 2-2 with just ten men. In our last game we had to beat Real Madrid and hope Chelsea dropped points in Russia again Zenit. We took the lead early on, and with an hour on the clock we were 2nd, Chelsea being held 1-1, but mins later Kalou gave them the lead. I hoped for late drama in Russia, but former transfer target Quagliarella scored for Real Madrid in the 90th minute, to end all hope of progressing to the quarters. Real and Chelsea were both handed plum draws in the shape of Galatasaray and Bordeaux who they both easily overcame. Real beat Barca 3-2 in one semi (2-0 down from the 1st leg at the Nou Camp), and Chelsea lost on pens to Inter after drawing 2-2 on agg. Real Madrid won the final 1-0, that man Quagliarella again with the goal.

The reserve side won the Italian Cup, beating bitter rivals Lazio 6-2 on agg.

Milito finished the season with 42 goals in 37 games, a great achievement for the 32 year old.

Now the season is over I've resigned from Roma, and am heading for France to take on them pesky Gauls, although I'm yet to find a club yet (literally just resigned at the final whistle of our last game of the season). 2 available jobs but both in the French National division so I'm going to wait for a 1st Division side.

Points this season

League Title - 700 pts
    League Goals - 78 pts

Total for season = 700 + 78 = 778 pts

Total points on challenge so far = 1,786 + 778 = 2,564 pts.
    Last edited by AMC; 04-03-12 at 06:47 PM.

vCash
    Finished the season quite a while ago, just got round to posting now. Here's how it went,

League - Winners! Won quite easily in the end, with the challenge of Lyon and Toulouse falling by the wayside, and we held a 13 pt lead over Montpellier come end of the season.

UEFA Cup - Out in 1st round to Deportivo, see above.

French Cup - Lost our first game in the tournament, losing 4-3 on pens away at fellow 1st division side Clermont after a 1-1 draw.

League Cup - Winners! Overcame Ajaccio, PSG, Sochaux and Nantes on course to the final, where we beat Montpellier 1-0.

A fantastic first season in the top flight, with CL football next season it should help bring in some decent Italians. There are 16 non-Italians still at the club which will need to move on in the summer, and I've already signed a couple of young Italians for next season.

Still a lot of changes to be made over the summer!

Points this season

League Title - 700 pts
    League Goals - 68 pts

Total for season = 700 + 78 = 768 pts

Total points on challenge so far = 2,564 + 768 = 3,332 pts.
    Last edited by AMC; 04-03-12 at 06:54 PM.

vCash
    League - Won at a canter, 2nd placed Montpellier 26 pts behind, and we had the league wrapped up by game 30. Our 97 goals was a new league record, and 29 more than want we managed last season. The front three of Cassano, Pepe and Marilungo combined for more than half of them.

Champions League - Back to back wins over Fulham took us top of the group, and a 0-0 draw away at Napoli and a 2-0 win over Salzburg gave us qualification to the quarter finals were we would face Hannover. We were at home first and I wanted a good win to take to Germany, and that's what we got as a Daniele Galloppascored a magnificent hatrick, and leave us in a commanding place. We had to be careful not to be complacent but within half hour we were 2-0 up in Hannover, and it would take a miracle for us to go out. It finished 3-1 after 90 mins so we progressed 6-1 on agg to play Real Madrid, who we had beat and lost to in the first group stage.

The 1st leg was at home once again, and with a missing Antonio Cassano it was a very drab affair. With just 3 shots on target all game, it was no surprise a record 19,996 inside the Stade Chartlety went home after a boring 0-0 draw. The 2nd leg didn't get any better, as once again chances were few and far between, and after 90 mins once again it was 0-0. We headed to extra time and it was a tired challenge from skipper Mattioli that gave Real Madrid a penaly. Up stepped Garay but keeper Viera was equal to it, but before I could celebrate the defender buried the rebound, and despite throwing everyone forward we were out.

French Cup - Made the semis before a reserve side lost 2-0 away at 2nd division side Dijon, having gone down to 9 men. The 11th round tie with Clermont was our first win in 4 attempts against them that season.

League Cup - Lost to Clermont 3-1 away, once again it was a weakened side that played with no points on offer.
    So to next season and I have high hopes. There's £12.5m in the bank which I will use to bring in some new faces, with a few old players needing replacing. So far I've made one signing, with former Liverpool defender Gabriel Paletta I'll also ask the board to expand the stadium and improve the training facilities, but past requests have fallen on deaf ears. It's shaping up to be an interesting last season with Paris FC 2000, and I want to go out with a bang aka the Champions League!

Points this season

League Title - 700 pts
    League Goals - 97 pts
    Champions League Semi Finalists - 800 pts

Total for season = 700 + 97 + 800 = 1,597 pts

Total points on challenge so far =
    3,332 + 1,597 pts = 4,929 pts.
    Last edited by AMC; 04-03-12 at 06:57 PM.

vCash
    So my final season with Paris FC 2000, and this is how we faired:

League - Won at a canter as could be expected after our great first half of the season. In the end we amassed 97 pts, 20 ahead of 2nd placed PSG, scoring 94 goals in the process. It may have been more, but a very tight schedule near the end of the season saw a weakened side play the league games for the last few weeks once the title was sewn up.

Champions League - I left you sitting nicely in the 2nd group stage. Our next 2 games were a double header against Real Madrid, the defending champions and the team who knocked us out at the semi final stage last season. The first game was at home, and we ran out 2-0 winners. 6 days later and it got even better! Despite having the bulk of the possession Real Madrid couldn't take their chances, but we could. 3 counter attacks from us hit them for 6, and some how we escaped the Bernabeu with a 3-0 win.

A 0-0 draw away in Rome saw us qualify for the quarter finals, and we finished with a 4-1 demolition of Fulham at home to go through in 1st place - Real Madrid progressing in 2nd. A plum draw of sorts saw us face CSKA in the next round, and although a tough team, we definitely could have faced worse! We'd drawn 1-1 at home and won 1-0 at home in the 1st group stage, so I was expecting a close contest. Things are never as they seem though, as we won the 1st leg away 4-1! A 1-0 win in the home leg ensured a place in the semis, were Milan would await us. Once again we would be away first, and I expected a hard match. However, once again we put on a masterclass, recording yet another 4-1 win, and one foot in the final!

Surprisingly Milan who needed a big win to go through decided to sit back which played right into our hands, and we broke them down early doors, and won 3-1 on the night. So to the final, and we would face familiar opposition in Real Madrid. We were hit with an injury blow a week before the game, with striker Salvatore Foti missing the rest of the season We started the game very brightly, and took the lead after just 3 mins, Cassano with a neat finish to send our fans in to ecstacy. Less than 20 mins later and it was 2-0, Cassano with yet another goal, and I was in dreamland. We managed to make it to half time at 2-0, but minutes into the 2nd half, Real pulled one back through Raul Garcia - Game on! Straight from the kick off we ran at the Real Madrid backline, and from the resulting corner, defender De Silvestri powered in a header and we had our two goal lead once again. Their was more to come though, as Ronaldo scored another on 72, leading to a very nervy final 20 mins, but we held on for a historic Champions League win!

French Cup - A reserve side beat Troyes 6-1 in the final!

League Cup - Our reserve side once again reached the final, but this time lost 2-1 to city rivals PSG.

Player of the Season - Undoubtedly Salvatore Foti who scored 36 goals in 38 apps, who unfortunately got a number of injuries in the 2nd half of the season, resulting in him missing the CL Final.

Points this season

Champions League title – 1000 points
    League Title - 700 pts
    League Goals - 94 pts

Total for season = 1,000 + 700 + 94 = 1,794 pts

Total points on challenge so far = 4,929
    + 1,794 pts = 6,723 pts.

So to Greece and I already have my new job, a club that Vjat knows well, and that is...

Last edited by AMC; 04-03-12 at 06:59 PM.

vCash
    Season over and here's how it went,

League - Winners! Won at a canter in the end, 11 pts clear of 2nd placed Olympiakos, scoring 66 times on the way. We started slowly after the winter break with two draws and two hard fought wins, but we soon clicked again and extended our lead at the top, and in our 4th to last game we clinched the league with a 2-0 away win at Paniliakos.

Greek Cup -
    Once I remembered there was no points on offer for the cup I decided to name a weakened side, which included many non Italians and French, and I was hoping some good performances would find some buyers come the end of the season. We overcame Kallithea on away goals after we drew 1-1 at home and 2-2 away. Next up were Paniliakos, and despite winning 2-0 away, we somehow lost 3-1 at home, and we were out on away goals.

So to next season and it shouldn't be too hard getting rid of the "foreigners", I just hope with CL money and season ticket revenue, I'll have a decent kitty to bring in replacements. I'd expect to retain the league and hopefully a good run in Europe to boost our reputation and the bank balance, and maybe even some points on the challenge.

Points this season

League Title - 700 pts
    League Goals - 66 pts

Total for season = 700 + 66 = 766 pts

Total points on challenge so far = 6,723
    + 766 pts = 7,489 pts.
    Last edited by AMC; 04-03-12 at 07:00 PM.

vCash
    Back again

Over the course of the season I spent £7.2m on 16 players, as I made my squad all Italian and French. Big names included a 37 yr old Kaka on a free (Ita 2nd Nat) and 5 of my former players from Paris FC, Baglio, Nocerino, Saviano, Paletta and Candreva. In the opposite direction no fewer than 21 players left, most of them on a free, but in total we managed to bring in £4.5m, as we went in search of another succesful season.

Here's how it went.

League - Winners! Won even easier this year, and the title was wrapped up with a 25 point margin over 2nd placed Olympiakos, scoring 68 goals. The last 5 or 6 games were played with a weakened side as our sights turned elsewhere, but our performances didn't drop.

Champions League - Runners Up. Usually I'd do a big write up of how we did and our journey, but the way we lost the final has pissed me off no end We faced Barcelona in the final, after a 90th minute away goal in Russia, meant they went through on away goals instead of Spartak Moscow. With the game 2 wks after our last league game, the squad's fitness had plummeted to the low 90s. It mattered little though as we raced to a 2-0 lead inside 26 mins! But then our lack of fitness showed and we capitulated 3-2, with Messi scoring a brace.

Greek Cup - Winners.
    Once again with no points on offer a weakened side played in the Greek Cup, but they were good enough to lift the trophy, overcoming Iraklis 5-0 in the final (look out for the match stats in the screenshot thread when I post it).

So to next season and my last in Greece before I chance my arm in International management. Domestically we are far ahead of our rivals, and after missing out on the CL, I hope to go out with it next season, although I plan on bringing in some younger players, as I can't rely on Kaka (31 apps, 18 goals) to perform every week at 38. I've £17.5m to spend at the moment, with TV money and season ticket money to come, but the club are expanding the stadium as well as improving the training facilities at my request, but I'm sure I'll have a nice kitty to spend in the summer.

Points this season

League Title - 700 pts
    League Goals - 68 pts
    CL Runners Up - 900 pts

Total for season = 700 + 68 + 900 = 1,668 pts

Total points on challenge so far = 7,489
    + 1,668 pts = 9,157 pts.
    Last edited by AMC; 04-03-12 at 07:01 PM.

vCash
    With the CL the priority, I spent just over £13m during the course of the season, but the main thing was bringing down the average age of the squad, as a number of veterans left. Saying that, veterans Giuseppe Rossi and Diego still had wonderful talent and both easily had a season in them, if not a couple, and so I snapped them up, both on a free. There was also a couple of big transfers, I'd targeted a couple of Sampdoria DMC's, but couldn't agree a fee for either, so I went to Catania instead to sign Sandro Mancini for £6m (with 1m after 50 apps and another 1m after 20 caps - no chance of that one!). We received a £5m bid from Roma for Pasquale Davi which I rejected, but when he was upset with me turning it down, I decided to list him for £10m, which Hamburg gladly paid. So to the season:

League - Winners! A third league title in a row, but not as easy as the past two, with a couple of defeats compared to the solitary one in the past two seasons. I put this down to my 2nd XI playing much more compared to last season, as I kept my first choice team fresh for the CL. Not as many goals either, but I didn't really care.

CL - Winners! After a very tough 1st group stage (Barcelona, Milan and Galatasaray!) we squeezed through in 2nd place. We had better luck in the 2nd group stage facing Paris FC, Dortmund and CSKA, and we topped the group with 5 wins from 6, and Paris FC also made it through which was good to see. The quarters saw us beat Catania home and away to progress 3-0 on agg, and the semi final draw was kind as we would play Fenerbahce (who knocked out Paris FC), with Barcelona and Roma contesting the other semi. A 4-1 win away gave us one foot in the final, and the 2-0 victory at home confirmed that. I was expecting Barcelona in the final, but Roma squeezed through on away goals after drawing 2-2 over the 2 games. The final was in Roma's home ground, but we didn't let that faze us. Once again we weren't at full fitness, and once again we were 2-0 up. But this time we didn't mess up and a further goal from Rossi gave us the title!

Greek Cup - Winners! The treble was won with a 2-0 win against Kallithea in the final, and my 2nd XI didn't let me down once again.

So Greece has been conquered and it's time to move to Africa. Unfortunately, there are no jobs available at the moment, but I hope it won't be long. I'll be sad to leave Kavala, and I just hope they can continue to be a force at home and in europe, like my former clubs Roma and Paris FC have managed to do. There's £35.5m left in the bank, with £29.5m of that to spend, and I just hope my replacement spends it well! I'll inform you once I get that African job, but then I'll be moving on to Challenge 8 for the double points

Points this season

League Title - 700 pts
    League Goals - 49 pts
    CL Runners Up - 1,000 pts

Total for season = 700 + 49 + 1,000 = 1,749 pts

Total points on challenge so far = 9,157
    + 1,749 pts = 10,906 pts.
    Last edited by AMC; 04-03-12 at 07:01 PM.

vCash
    I'll be quick with this one

I took over Nigeria in May 2013, and won my first game against Niger 3-0 in the WC Qualifiers. A tight 1-0 friendly win over Algeria preceeded the final two WC qualifiers which I also won 3-0 (A) and 2-1 (H) against Sudan and Cameroon respectively. We finished the year off with 4 friendlies, drawing 2-2 with Ivory Coast away and beating Togo 1-0, Egypt 2-1 and Cameroon 5-0 all at home, and this was all without the injured Stanley Okoro of Arsenal, who had been injured so far during my tenure, and was undoubtedly the best player at my disposable.

The draw for the African Cup of Nations pitted us against Guinea, Mali and Egypt, and we scored 10 goals from our 3 games, with just Mali offering some resistance, as we scraped past them 1-0. The quarters saw us demolish Algeria 4-0 with striker Kingsley Eke bagging a hat-trick. The semi final was the Sunday Amuneke show, as he scored all 4 in the 4-0 win over the Ivory Coast. Mali would be opponents in the final, and it was another tough game, but we did enough to win 2-0 in the 90 mins, and we could lift the trophy!

Points this season

African Cup of Nations - 700 pts
    ACoN Goals - 20 pts

Total for season = 700 + 20 = 720 pts

10,906 pts. + 720 pts = 11,626 pts.
    Last edited by AMC; 04-03-12 at 07:02 PM.

vCash
    So my first season in the top division (and for points) is over, and this is how we did.

League - Winners! But only just! By week 10 there was only two teams in it, ourselves and Karlovac, we extened our lead to 8 pts with about 10 games to go, but with two games to go we were both on 70 pts. We both won our penultimate games, so it was all down to the last game, and as fate would have it we would play them away. I had no idea how teams on the same points would be seperated, but we had a much better GD, and also won the home game 2-0, so a draw would have given us the league as long as it wasn't decided by a playoff. As it was it didn't matter as we ran out 3-1 winners, to top the table! By the way it turns out it would have been a two-legged playoff if we had drawn the game.

UEFA Cup - 4th Round. After winning the Croatian Cup last season we would be in Europe, and at the least it would give us some much needed revenue. First up Linfield were little trouble as we cast them aside 5-0 on agg. The 2nd round saw a return to Greece for myself, as we took on Olympiakos. We lost the 1st leg away 1-0, but a 1-0 win nil at home in 90 mins, and despite the game ending 2-1 after 120 mins (away goals don't count in extra time), we went to penalties. Both teams missed pens, but we would triumph 4-3 in the end to set up a glamour tie with Juventus. I thought we had no chance, but a share of the gate receipts would come in very handy - how wrong was I? We were away first once again, but despite finishing with 10 men we won 2-1! A 1-0 win in the home leg meant we were through to the last 16 to take on Real Madrid. More money for the club, but after beating Juve we weren't scared of the Spanish Giants. We held our own in Madrid escaping with a deserved 0-0 draw, and took an early lead in the return after just 3 mins. Real hit back just after the hour mark, but we had the chance to regain the lead from the spot, but full back Lucic missed his pen, and we were out on away goals

Croatian Cup - 2nd Round. Despite no points on offer I still played my best team when possible, but after beating Zadar 3-0 away, we were knocked out on pens after a boring 0-0 draw at home to Osijek.

Thanks to winning the league and our UEFA Cup run, we have £950k in the bank, with £1.2m available for transfers. Luckily all the ineligible players next season are out of contract in the summer so I won't have a problem there, and I already have one transfer arranged coming in, although I still need another couple of Italians to meet the 5 needed.

Points this season

League Title - 700 pts
    League Goals - 78 pts

Total for season = 700 + 78 = 778 pts

11,626 pts. + 778 pts = 12,404 pts.
    Last edited by AMC; 04-03-12 at 07:05 PM.

vCash
    League - Winners! More points than last season, and no need for the last day heroics as we won it with 5 games to go, but not as many goals as we scored 11 less goals, finishing with 67 goals.

CL - Runners Up! An unbelievable run saw us reach the final against Greek side Paniliakos, but unfortunately with players fitness in the high 80s we went down 1-0 despite dominating proceedings.

Croatian Cup - 2nd Round. No points on offer so a reserve side once again. We scraped past Vitez '92 on pens away in the 1st round, before pens were our undoing at home to Opatija after we drew 1-1.

Plenty of money in the bank with £15.25m available to spend, but a max wage of 2k p/w won't help us get any mega starts. We did sign the clubs first ever £1m player though, and hopefully I can boost the squad as comparing it to others in the league we can't match them despite our success.

Points this season

League Title - 700 pts
    League Goals - 67 pts
    CL Runners Up - 900 pts

Total for season = 700 + 67 + 900 = 1,667 pts

12,404 pts. + 1,667 pts = 14,071 pts.
    Last edited by AMC; 04-03-12 at 07:06 PM.

vCash
    League - Winners! One less point, but 5 more goals than last season. We were in 2nd for much of the 1st third of the season, with Osijek going on an unbeaten run stretching to over a year in total (obviously a lot was last year), but pulled away after ending that run.

CL - Winners! Another good run including a 4-1 win over Barcelona in the semis put us through to the final to face Liverpool. Despite fitness in the low 80s this time, and a couple of injuries in the game because of this - playing the last half hour with 10 men as all subs used, we squeezed through on pens to lift the trophy!

Croatian Cup - Winners! Reserve side once again was used for the competition, but this time we went all the way winning 3-0 over the two legs in the final against Cepin.

Points this season

League Title - 700 pts
    League Goals - 72 pts
    CL Winners - 1,000 pts

Total for season = 700 + 72 + 1,000 = 1,772 pts

14,071 pts. + 1,772 pts = 15,843 pts.
    Last edited by AMC; 09-06-12 at 02:54 PM.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    So, the Legate Welshus Redus has appointed me, Publius Craigus Forrestus Maximus as a General and has given me command of the Legio IX Romanus and strict instructions to purge the legion of all non-Romans and take over the entire region. I was permitted to begin the campaign with the current troops but by the end of our first season of battle, I was to have replaced all foreign soldiers with native troops.

I decided on our battle formation (although I was adaptable enough to know that sometimes different opponents require different strategies)

Spoiler!

At the end of our first campaign, we had defeated the local tribes and had brought the region under the control of Rome, albeit with some foreign mercenaries within the army.

Spoiler!

We had also defeated almost all of the European-based armies that had been thrown against us, losing only our final battle to a group of high priced Spanish warriors

Spoiler!

As requested by the Legate, by the start of our second campaign, we had rid the legion of foreign troops and had assembled a squad composed entirely of natives to the region

Spoiler!

We traveled the area again to ensure that the local tribes were remaining peaceful and they all submitted to our superiority again

Spoiler!

This time, we managed to defeat all the European-based armies, winning our last battle against a well organized group of barbarians from across the Rhine

Spoiler!

With this portion of our adventure over, the Legate commanded that I leave for Gaul and establish an all Roman legion there to once again display Rome's might. I arrived in Citivas Riedonum (Rennes) and began a slow purge of the local army as I built towards our goal of an all-Roman legion.

Spoiler!

Our first season there we managed to defeat all the smaller local tribes and gain the attention of the larger areas. We will begin our conquest of the entire region soon and will also have created another Roman Legion to rival the IX Romanus.

Season 1 – Roma (With Foreign Players)

League: Winner = 700 pts
    Champions League: Runner-up = 900 pts
    League Goals: 73 = 73 pts
    Total Points: 1,673

Season 2 – Roma (Italians Only)

Champions League: Winner = 1000 pts
    League Goals: 75 = 75 pts
    Total Points: 1,673 + 1,775 = 3,448

Season 3 – Rennes (With foreign players)

League: Winner of 2nd Division = 0 pts
    Champions League: N/A = 0 pts
    League Goals: N/A = 0 pts
    Total Points: 3,448 + 0 = 3,448

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    So the Gaulish Wars begins.....

Our first task after arriving in Civitas Redonum was to scout the surrounding regions and engage in some minor skirmishes as I awaited reinforcements from the homeland. I used what warriors I had at my command to fight a few minor battles to let the surrounding Gaulish savages know who we were and what we were going to do to their pathetic tribes of so-called warriors. That first season was an excellent one from my point of view as we destroyed most of the opponents we faced, losing only a few battles but coming out triumphant in the end.

With our successful first campaign behind us, I retooled my legion with some good Roman soldiers, but needed to keep some of the local talent around until all my new recruits arrived. We set out to conquer all of Gaul and succeeded in destroying our opposition, losing only 1 battle out of the 38 we faced.
    Spoiler!

The manner in which we destroyed our opposition impressed the Legate and we received an invitation to participate in a tournament of elite warriors during the following year's campaign. We looked forward to testing ourselves against the best that the continent had to offer and prepared accordingly.

By the beginning of my third year of campaigning in Gaul, I had remade my legion as I had seen fit. All the legionnaires were now Roman citizens and we were ready to do battle yet again.
    Spoiler!

Again we imposed the might of Rome and dominated our opposition, easily beating the surrounding rebellious tribes into submission for a second straight season.
    Spoiler!

We also participated in the tournament mentioned earlier and fought our way to the final battle where we unfortunately lost a very close battle to a group of warriors from Hispania that clothed themselves in white from head to toe.
    Spoiler!

The Legate wanted us to spend one more year campaigning in Gaul to ensure there would be no future rebellions and also invited us to the same prestigious tournament, again based on how well we had done during the campaign.

I made a few minor changes to the legion but kept the overall composition the same as before by only recruiting Roman citizens.
    Spoiler!

Again we dominated the local tribes..... there will be no rebellions during my lifetime.... the locals know what it means to oppose the might of Rome.
    Spoiler!

The Tournament of Champions however was a disappointment for us. We were eliminated during the first round of group battles and relegated to a lesser tournament. We had no wish to waste our time and gracefully bowed out against a legion from Milan in the home land.

I have received word that I am to now go to Greece to deal with some issues that have arisen there during my time in Gaul. I look forward to the next phase of my career.

Season 3 – Rennes (With foreign players)

League: Winner of 2nd Division = 0 pts
    League Goals: N/A = 0 pts
    Total Points: 3,448 + 0 = 3,448

Season 4 – Rennes (With foreign players)

League Goals: 101 = 101 pts
    Total Points: 3,448 + 801 = 4,249

Season 5 – Rennes (Italians Only)

Champions League: Runners-up = 900 pts
    League Goals: 88 = 88 pts
    Total Points: 4,249 + 1,688 = 5,937

Season 6 – Rennes – Final season (Italians Only)

Champions League: Eliminated 1st group stage = 0 pts
    League Goals: 78 = 78 points
    Total Points: 5,937 + 778 = 6,715

vCash
    Hmm, well this is annoying. I don't seem to remember how many points I had at the point the forums went down. I'll probably try and finish this, but it's a little pointless in posting a score as I can only guess my points total. Shame!

vCash
    Do you not still have the screenshots saved?

vCash
    Awesome name Craig

vCash
    I want to start this but dont have Vucinic in squad. Am I using the wrong update? (Sept ODB)

vCash
    Sept 2010? OP needs updating, I'll do it now.

vCash
    Then the latest sim update doesnt make sense too, no?

vCash
    No, it's copied from the old site and obviously hasn't been changed/updated, I'm out at the moment later when I know what SIM update it is I'll change it.

vCash

Think i started this.

vCash
    I'm getting back on this now! - am currently in 1st season in 1st Division with my Croatian side Cibalia........

vCash
    FYI - this is my write up from before i think - hopefully all scrrenies there as i dont have them saved anymore.........

Season 1 (Roma with foreigners)
    =====================
    Got on the case with putting the foreigners up for sale and playing the Italian kids (whilst keeping the others out on loan). Squad was a biot thin but managed to stay in top 4 and good enf of season run put us in 3rd in Serie A - 500 points

59 goals scored so thats another 59 points

Total for Season 1 = 559 points

Got Kaka and Gago joining for Season 2

Season 2 (Roma with foreigners)
    ======================
    Decent squad was assembled with Kaka, Gago, Gattuso, Cheillini, Lucas, Maxi Rodrigues, Cassano and some other squad players). All Non Italians gone!

League
    =====
    I played first team in league and kids/2nd team for cups and champ league - seemed to work pretty well. Had a great battle in league with Milan and Inter and it was a close run thing but towards the back end of the season I ran away with it - WINNERS - 700 points

Champ League
    ==========
    The "reserves" sailed through the group stages much to my surprise! Even though there are big points on offer my main focus was League so I wasn't really bothered how we did in this.

Chelsea were quarter final opponents and after a 1-1 away 1st leg draw we wiped the floor with them at home winning 2-0

Barca in Semi's - would this be a step too far for the kids? As I had already won the league I could have played the first team but seeing as though the kids had done so well I gave them the opportunity to express themselves vs Barca...................we properly got taught a lesson! Lost 5-0 away!

At home it was all about salvaging some pride so I sent out the kids again and asked them to play for the shirt - and that's exactly what they did! - We BATTERED Barca - 4-1. OK - we lost 6-4 on aggregate but I took a good bit of satisfaction when having the post match glass of wine with Guardiola!

SEMI FINALS - 800 points

68 League goals = 68 points

Season 2 Total = 1,568 points

Total Challenge Points so far = 2,127 points

Looking for a new job in France now...........

Season 3 (2nd Nation - France - Boulogne)
    ============================
    Searching for a new job and in April I landed a job in French 2nd Division with Boulogne! Just about saved them from relegation

Season 4 (2nd Nation - France - Boulogne with foreigners)
    ======================================
    Decided to get rid of foreigners ASAP and a big job it was to persuade Italians to come here! But got a team together and after a while and some tactical changes we started to gel - ended up securing promotion in final few games - 2nd in league

Season 5 (2nd Nation - France 1st Division - Boulogne "with foreigners")
    ============================================
    Very turbulent season and finished 5th
    No joy in cups

0 points - but with a few big signing hopefully I can go better next year!

63 goals scored

toal challenge 2,190 points

Season 6 (2nd Nation - France - Boulogne ALL ITALIAN TEAM)
    ===========================================
    Couple of cracking re-inforcements including Cambiasso, Borini and Buffon. All Italian Squad is below

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/711...ougnesquad.png
    http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/711...ougnesquad.png

The League started off so much better than last year and started off like a train going well clear of the pack - Champions in the offing! However, a backlog of fixtures (being in both clubs) and the form of Rennes in 2nd place put us really under pressure. Came to last game of season where we were 2 points clear of Rennes and who were we playing in last game....................Rennes! Anyway, a draw would have been good enough but the boys did me proud by beating them 2-0 to secure the league! - WINNERS - 700 points

70 League Goals Scored = 70 points

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/334...n6vsrennes.png
    http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/9...ue1winners.png

Knocked out in Semi's of Cup but WON the League Cup (no points but worth a mention!)

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2466/...ecupwinner.png

Total Points for Season = 770

Total points for challenge = 770+2,190 = 2,960

So, League in France has been worn but need to do another season to see if I can win Champ League

Season 7 (2nd Nation - France - Boulogne ALL ITALIAN TEAM - Champ League Season)
    ================================================== ====================
    Plenty of money but no great signings so we went with what we had for Champ League!

League - Shaky season throughout fluctuating between 2nd and 6th. Ended up in a clear 2nd place by 7 points but a whopping 13 points behind PSG in 1st. They have been splashing the cash like they are in 2012 with Qatari owners! 2nd Place - 600 points

78 League Goals Scored = 78

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/676...e12ndplace.png

Gave up the cup competitions as no points

Champ League - squeaked through 1st 2 groups! Then pulled off 2 great legs v Chelsea in Quarters winning 2-0 on aggregate. Real Madrid in Semi's! They were in our group and battered us so held little hope but great effort from the lads turning around a 2-1 home defeat by winning 2-1 away from home and taking it to extra time! Both teams nervous and it went to penalties! But disaster for Boulogne who just fell short and lost the shootout!
    Semi Finals - 800 points

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/7...eaguesemif.png

Total Points for Season = 1,478

Total points for challenge = 1,478+2,960 = 4,438

Onto Greece we go.......................

Onto Greece I went and got a job with the "mighty" Pierikos Katerin!

Bizarrely, they sacked their manager after winning the 2nd division. Perfect for me so I had the whole of pre season to transfer deal and see what the squad was like

Season 8 (3rd Nation - Greece - Pierikos - with Foreigners)
    =================================================

Season was very much getting rid of Greeks where possible, bringing in Italian and French and getting some sort of tactic going

All in all - did pretty decent coming 3rd in the league - 500 points

45 goals scored - 45 points

Total for Season 8 = 545

Total for Challenge =545+4,438 = 4,983

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1...eague3rdpl.png

Season 9 (3rd Nation - Greece - Pierikos- ALL FRENCH AND ITALIAN)
    ================================================== ======

Forgot to say that there is fuck all money at this club - only 8,000 seater stadium so money being generated and i spent what I had and went bonkers on Bosmans......................to the point that at the end of this season we had -£4m in the bank - whoops!

Anyhoo, got rid of foreigners and squad is below..........

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/416/season9squad.png

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1...son9squad1.png

Like last Season I fielded a weakened team in cups but amazingly they got the semi's - very odd!

UEFA Cup - didn't give this much of a go either as concentrated on league - knocked out after a couple of rounds

Anyhoo, onto the league and a hell of a challenge against the big boys of Greek Football! But my team did me proud and built on the 3rd place last year but putting a massive winning run together (we were very lucky as didn't have hardly any injuries) and won league by 5 points - definately my biggest acheievement as I couldn't buy any players in the pre season or throughout as we were so skint (to the tune of -£4m as I bought LOADS of Bosmans in 1st summer)

WINNERS - 700 points!

54 Goals Scored - 54 points

Total for Season 9 - 754 points

Total for Challenge = 4,983+754 = 5,737

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9...eague1stpl.png

So, another season in Greece and will go all out for Champ League but will be suprised if I get through Group Stages!

At least this small club will give me the confidence when I hit Croatia (after Africa) as I have no idea on that league!

Season 10 - (3rd Nation - Greece - Pierikos- 3rd Year)
    ============================================
    Went all out for Champ League and didn't really give a stuff about League

Champ League - well, went better than expected!.............................but more luck than judgement! We managed to get through both group phases by 1 point! We faced Porto in the quarters and was a decent draw for us. Howeve, we lost the first leg 1-0 and could only muster a draw in 2nd leg so out 2-1 on aggregate - 0 points!

League was much better - came a comfortable 2nd but was WAY BEHIND Panathanikos in 1st - a whopping 17 points behind! - 2nd place - 600 points

59 goals scored - 59 points

Total for Season 10 - 659 points

Total for challenge so far = 5,737+659 = 6,396

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1...league2ndp.png

Right off to look for a job in Africa now for African Nations - will update in a few days!

Season 13 - (African Cup - Morocco)
    ================================
    Took 18 months for ANY African jobs to come up.................then 3 came up and I got Morocco - who were one of the highest ranked African teams - which was nice!

Pretty decent squad and I didn't need to do much scouting to find better players so got through it quickly.

6 friendlies and I won them all I think

African Nations Cup - Group Stage
    ============================
    Won 4-1 vs Ghana
    Won 3-0 vs Ivory Coast
    Won 2-0 vs Mali

So, group stage was easy enough!

Egypt was also a stroll in the park winning 3-1 but I was helped that they went down to 9 men!

Congo in Semi's - lol lol lol - smashed them 3-0 (again they had a man sent off which helped!)

The onlt challenging game I had was in the final and aftergoing 1-0 up my 'keeper made a professional foul and it was me that was down to 10 men - no laughing matter now!

................and they score the penalty to tie it up at 1-1

But a Churchillian-style speech at home time gee'd the boys up and my man mountain of a centre back Boussofa smacked in a bullet header to give us a 2-1 lead! A sterling effort then from the boys held out for an African Cup win! Get in there! - 700 points

17 African Cup goals scored

Total = 717 points

Total for challenge = 7,113

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2...coafricanc.png

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2...roccofinal.png

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast