Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Installation Queries

vCash

Oct update 2017 / Original database

Hi,

I am wondering if someone can answer this.

Hopefully, it's not too much of a nooby/stupid question but apologies if it is.

Currently, I am playing the original database but I would like to try out the October 2017 update.

My question is if I update the game to this does that mean I will be no longer able to play my original database save?

The reason I ask is that I am around 6 seasons in and do not want to lose this save and would like to come back to it here and there.

Thank you.

GFRay is online now 0102Bet Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    To install the October 2017 DB you need to update the game with the SI official patch. I don't know if your old save will be compatible with that version, but this is what I would suggest.

First, rename your Championship Manager 01-02 main folder by adding an extension it. Here is an example:
    Spoiler!

So add something after like ODB (Original Database) so you'll know that's the original one.

Then do a new installation and that should add a new Championship Manager 01-02 folder right next to the one you just renamed. Then apply the official SI patch and add the October 2017 DB files to the Data folder file.

The folder that has the name Championship Manager 01-02 will be the one that will load if you launch the shortcut. If you want to switch back to the original one just rename the one you were playing by adding something to the folder name and remove the thing you added from the other folder so it's just Championship Manager 01-02 again.

You can repeat this process multiple times and you can have countless of CM's if you wish.

I hope this helps you!
    Last edited by GFRay; 31-10-17 at 11:10 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    To install the October 2017 DB you need to update the game with the SI official patch. I don't know if your old save will be compatibel with that version, but this is what I would suggest.

First, rename your Championship Manager 01-02 main folder by adding an extension it. Here is an example:
    Spoiler!

So add something after like ODB (Original Database) so you'll know that's the original one.

Then do a new installation and that should add a new Championship Manager 01-02 folder right next to the one you just renamed. Then apply the official SI patch and add the October 2017 DB files to the Data folder file.

The folder that has the name Championship Manager 01-02 will be the one that will load if you launch the shortcut. If you want to switch back to the original one just rename the one you were playing by adding something to the folder name and remove the thing you added from the other folder so it's just Championship Manager 01-02 again.

You can repeat this process multiple times and you can have countless of CM's if you wish.

I hope this helps you!
    Thank you for the reply.

I should have said I am playing the original players database but was updated to version v3.9.68T

Would that be ok to install the Oct 2017 update over it and still be able to play my old save as well or shall I just do what you have advised above?

Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barfly14 View Post
    Thank you for the reply.

I should have said I am playing the original players database but was updated to version v3.9.68T

Would that be ok to install the Oct 2017 update over it and still be able to play my old save as well or shall I just do want you have advised above?
    Well in that case I think it will work but I'm not sure.

Make a copy of your save game and try it. If it doesn't work then you can do what I stated above.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well in that case I think it will work but I'm not sure.

Make a copy of your save game and try it. If it doesn't work then you can do what I stated above.
    Great I will do that, thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to barfly14 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just to let you know my old save works even with the new update applied as they are both using 3.9.68T so I can switch between the two!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to barfly14 For This Useful Post:

Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Good to hear!

Keep my method in mind should you ever want to use different patches!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good to hear!

Keep my method in mind should you ever want to use different patches!
    Will do thanks!

vCash

New League Patch Install

Hi,

Can anyone let me know how to add the new league patches to the game. I installed some but don't know how to get them on the game.

Thanks

Redknapp69 is offline Soccer Manager - Charity Shield/Cup Title
    Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    What new league patches?!

vCash

Romanian League Patch error

Hello,

Im new here, love this game, played it a lot till i lost the cd. I tried to install the romanian league patch and all goes well until i try to start a new game selecting the romanian league. i get some errors (v3.9.68T cro_a1..cpp 87, v3.9.68T cro_a2a..cpp 87, v3.9.68T cro_a2b..cpp 87). anyone can help me with this?

thanks

vCash
    Seems like you put another patch over it.

You just need whatever files come with the league patch file. Don't add any additional patches like renaming or tapani etc.

vCash

Unhappy CM01/02 Problems with wrong league teams and players and blocked competitions

I recently downloaded the game from your website and the SI Patch 3.9.68 to avoid the bugs in modern machines, although when I ran the game, the Bundesliga was changed, the teams in first division was not from the 01-02 season, but from 02-03 season, the same happening in other leagues and also in the players, for an example, when I played CM01/02 in the past, Ballack and Deisler were set for a Bayern transfer that would happen only in 2002, now they are already in Bayern squad, the same happening for other teams and players. Another problem is that I cannot play in the Qualifiers for 2002 WC like I could do in the original game. How can I solve these problems?

Thank you very much!

vCash
    Oh and another issue is missing players, like Tó Madeira, that cannot be found anymore!

vCash
    The 3.9.68 is for the 2002-03 season, To Madeira wasn't a real player (a Portuguese researcher added himself in) and so he was removed from any patch after 3.9.60, so if you want him in the game and the players as they were in 2001-02, you will have to download the 3.9.60 data files and overwrite your existing date and start a new game.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    The 3.9.68 is for the 2002-03 season, To Madeira wasn't a real player (a Portuguese researcher added himself in) and so he was removed from any patch after 3.9.60, so if you want him in the game and the players as they were in 2001-02, you will have to download the 3.9.60 data files and overwrite your existing date and start a new game.
    Thanks! As for the bugs in modern computers, can I run the 3.9.60 version and still have it to run properly without problems? Also the 3.9.60 version will allow me to play in the Qualifiers for the WC?

Thanks again!

vCash
    I did uninstalled everything and installed again, but now I can't even run the game, as I have these errors, how can I fix them?

Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    The 3.9.68 patch only updates the data to the season 02-03, but it still plays in the 01-02 season.

Follow these steps to play with thr original 01-02 data on patch 3.9.68:

1. Completely uninstall and reinstall the game.

2. Apply the official SI patch to update your game to version 3.9.68.

3. Download the 3.9.60 data here: http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=57.

4. Unzip the file, go into the folder and copy all files.

5. Go to your CM0102 Data folder and paste all the copied files. Overwrite everything when asked.

6. Launch the game and have a great time!

Cheers!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The 3.9.68 patch only updates the data to the season 02-03, but it still plays in the 01-02 season.

Follow these steps to play with thr original 01-02 data on patch 3.9.68:

1. Completely uninstall and reinstall the game.

2. Apply the official SI patch to update your game to version 3.9.68.

3. Download the 3.9.60 data here: http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=57.

4. Unzip the file, go into the folder and copy all files.

5. Go to your CM0102 Data folder and paste all the copied files. Overwrite everything when asked.

6. Launch the game and have a great time!

Cheers!
    Thanks for the support but it didn't work, I tried several times to do this proccess and still the game keep crashing in the same way, both in the game itself and the editor tool! Also something weird is that the screen brightness always get increased everytime the game is launched, to a point it's even annoying to the eyes and no matter how I try to config my graphic settings it keeps happening, how should I procceed?

Thanks!

vCash
    Right click on cm0102.exe and run as administrator.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/info0
    Twitch.tv: infonator07
    Twitter: info0

Donators welcome

vCash

the game gets stuck

hi

i was very happy when i recognized this classic game is still alive.

unfortunatly when i add new patch and data folder to the game it stucks while starting.

reinstalled several times, tried all compatibility modes.

when it stucked i have to restart computer

Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    What patch are you using? Is it the saturn v4 patch? If yes, did you download a special cm0102.exe from post 2? You can't play without one.

For a step by step guide how to install saturn v4 patch look at this thread: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10099.

vCash
    thx for your reply.

i tried this too. with 4 different new exes first the game cant find any index. after this game stuck at same position all the time (stucks at "installing game data" at about 60%)

i also try to upload a screenshot to this board for investigating the problem. Message: "this is not a valid image file"

Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Make sure you run the setup or autorun as administrator. Then you can install it fine.

When you've replaced the .exe, right click on it and go to properties. Then check the box 'Run as administrator' and relaunch after that.

vCash
    works now. big thx. i guess it was the administrator setting

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Beli1976 For This Useful Post: