Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1696

Thread: Installation Queries

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeybill View Post
    My game is freezing after I have selected my leagues. It stops when it is trying to initialise game data. Anyone know what I need to do?
    Run the game as administrator

vCash
    uninstall EVERYTHING related to CM and re-install everything again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtieFuffkin View Post
    Related to this... I have installed game and October update successfully but when game opens the picture is huge and I can only see top left of screen and cant access any other part of the screen with mouse. Any ideas/help changing resolution of game for when it opens?
    Game setting and choose "windowed"

If already doing that then check Screen Resolution thread in Tech Support

vCash
    Sorted, thanks for the quick reply. Just did a clean install and went thru set up again!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to itsdavid82 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Greetings to everyone in this wonderful forum. Below is not so much CM related, but since it may have occurred to some of you, maybe you could assist me.

I wish to install the game in another one of my laptops. So, while I completed the installation correctly, it asks me as usual for the DirectX (by the way, do I need to install it in new PC's?). I thought I had pressed the option to install the DirectX, but then I got a message saying I didn't. Anyway, I immediately uninstalled CM then tried to install it again, but it's not possible anymore. Apparently "Setup has detected that Uninstallshield is in use" and I should close it. Note that I run the setup as administrator and in compatibility mode.

Restart didn't do anything. Apparently, the uninstall that I carried out had some bug which left open the uninstallshied. However, after a quick google search and a thorough search in my Task Manager processes, I do not see any open process related to uninstall which I should end.

Any ideas?

https://i.imgur.com/WZKWXWD.jpg

edit: I use Windows 10.
    Last edited by manos87; 22-03-20 at 11:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manos87 View Post
    Restart didn't do anything.
    Do you mean a restart of the computer? If not, do it. Windows can be weird like that sometimes - I'm sure we have all not been able to delete a file or folder because it is in use by another program or application, even though it isn't really.

vCash
    go to control panel and add/remove programs

remove CM if not already done

go to program files and remove all CM folders

re-install

make sure you run EVERYTHING as admin

Do not have any background programs running or messaging services like skype

Let us know how you get on after that - if same error then maybe background process is an issue in task manager

vCash
    Hi all.
    Have installed te game, the patch and the March update.
    Everything looks good but the date of the game is still starting at the start of the 01/02 season. Any way of fixing this?
    Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossie44 View Post
    Hi all.
    Have installed te game, the patch and the March update.
    Everything looks good but the date of the game is still starting at the start of the 01/02 season. Any way of fixing this?
    Thanks
    To change start year use Tapani 2.21.1 patch or maybe Nicks Patch - Saturn Patch will be a few days yet which also does it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    To change start year use Tapani 2.21.1 patch or maybe Nicks Patch - Saturn Patch will be a few days yet which also does it
    Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Do you mean a restart of the computer? If not, do it. Windows can be weird like that sometimes - I'm sure we have all not been able to delete a file or folder because it is in use by another program or application, even though it isn't really.
    Yes I mean restart of the computer. I did it four times, but the problem persisted. I could not install CM due to some "trash" from the uninstallshield still running, which was also not traceable in the Task Manager background processes. Quite strange.

Anyhow, I shut down the computer, then opened it a few hours later and the problem had disappeared. I could actually install the CM without any problem.

To conclude, I don't know exactly what the problem was, but restarting the PC didn't solve anything. On the other hand, shutting off and power up again after a few hours did the trick.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to manos87 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeybill View Post
    My game is freezing after I have selected my leagues. It stops when it is trying to initialise game data. Anyone know what I need to do?
    Having this exact same issue now. It loaded and played ok first time up but stuck on this screen now after downloading the Tapani patch to update the season start to 19/20 from default 01/02. Tried the administrator trick but no joy.
    Any ideas??

vCash

Game wont play

Ive downloaded the game and update but the game wont play. I get an error message. Does anyone know how I get it up and running?

vCash
    We will need a little bit more that "I get an error message" in order to assist.

vCash

cant get game to load, get a few errors, Can't Open VCD and langlib

So if i open the file on my desktop i get a Can't Open VCD error.

If i try opening the file from the new virtual drive i get a Error v3.9.60 Langlib..cpp 389 and the na v3.9.60 game_config..cpp 84 error

I've had a search and cant see anything in the forum so sorry if putting up a duplicate post.

Any help in what i should try? I reinstalled CM again to ensure it wasnt that, and i can see the virtual drive with the files on it for CM.

I have just done the basic download of the game, no patches or anything.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated, thanks.

vCash
    install 3.9.68 patch

just follow this - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3863

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossie44 View Post
    Having this exact same issue now. It loaded and played ok first time up but stuck on this screen now after downloading the Tapani patch to update the season start to 19/20 from default 01/02. Tried the administrator trick but no joy.
    Any ideas??
    Running as admin needs to be all the time so ensure that ticked and try compatability XP2 or 3

failing that, might be worth an uninstall and re-install as sounds like you've added/changed a couple of things

vCash

New player update and game start problems

Firstly, amazing work gents. If I ever get this working, it may see me through these difficult times!

Secondly, I have to apologise as I am possibly the most computer illiterate person to walk this earth so a real idiots step by step walkthrough may be required.

So...I have followed the initial instructions and installed the game. However when I attempt to play it, it comes up with the message, not enough memory. I'd be staggered if this is the case as this is a brand new laptop and it has nothing saved on it apart from the programs it comes with, Windows etc. It's not a top of the range bit of kit, (I bought it for my son for Xmas) but I'd guess this would have ample capabilities and storage to run a 20 year old game! So if anybody has any ideas I'd be eternally grateful.

Secondly, I've tried but as yet been unsuccessful in trying to update the file with the current players patch. I get to virtually the very end where the information is copied and pasted into the DATA file of the original program but I keep getting a message stating I need the Administrator's permission to do so. However I have followed the instructions prior to this where I enable something and make myself administrator for the program. I've double and triple checked this is the case and it shows the required boxes ticked as they should be so I haven't a clue where I'm going wrong.

If anybody can help with either/both of these issues, there is a very large cyber beer and virtual bag of pork scratchings heading your way.

Cheers

John

vCash
    Not enough memory - Run the game as administrator - that is point 3 on the instructions if you downloaded from here

Editor - Run it as administrator otherwise it will not save your changes

vCash
    Hi there, not a very computer literate person myself here. I seem to have downloaded the cm0102 File. I've tried downloading Slysoft virtual clone drive. I've had two attempts that dowload as an .exe file and they wont open. My universal file opener tried to open the file but it doesn't help me to open the file. Is there an explanantion why? apart from me being a numpty.

Thanks

vCash

Download advice

Morning all , Iíve followed the tutorials however Iím still experiencing problems with the download. When I download the files , if I choose to extract to desktop the game installs in about 10 different windows and wonít load . I have downloaded virtual clone drive however thatís hasnít changed anything . My laptop has windows 8 and my browser is chrome. Apologies as Iím not tech minded at all so any advice would be welcome !

vCash

vCash

Similar issues

I have followed install video [clone drive, SI Games v3.9.68 and Tapani 2.21 patches], then followed March 2020 Update thread. When trying to run game, with Tapani year set to 2019 and resolution at 1366 x 768, I'm being met with the following issues on start up

At Setup Game screen - Error v3.9.60 Index.cpp 5773.

Please help.

vCash
    I have the same issue, I've downloaded the clone app but it won't run even though it's mounted and all files present?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Currigliboom View Post
    Hi there, not a very computer literate person myself here. I seem to have downloaded the cm0102 File. I've tried downloading Slysoft virtual clone drive. I've had two attempts that dowload as an .exe file and they wont open. My universal file opener tried to open the file but it doesn't help me to open the file. Is there an explanantion why? apart from me being a numpty.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidodonnel20 View Post
    I have the same issue, I've downloaded the clone app but it won't run even though it's mounted and all files present?
    Try this https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...423#post264423