Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1567

Thread: Installation Queries

vCash
    You haven't install the v3.9.68 patch (hence the v3.9.60) message. Install it, then copy the March 2020 files again and it should run fine

vCash
    I would agree that it seems the v68 patch is not installed but it says it is when reinstalling. I'm still being met with the same problem... It says I'm running v60 in the Game Settings window of the game but if it says its installed when I try to install it then I don't know what else I can do? I've tried deleting v68, downloading again but I'm met with the same problem. It seems to be installed but is not loading up in the game.

Any ideas?!
    Last edited by dan_fin; 24-03-20 at 02:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    I'm on a Mac. I saw some people in the thread highlighting theres a difference compared to Windows when downloading this game. Could this by why the slysoft isn't downloading properly? The link you provided, offers instructions to follow for Windows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Currigliboom View Post
    Hi there, not a very computer literate person myself here. I seem to have downloaded the cm0102 File. I've tried downloading Slysoft virtual clone drive. I've had two attempts that dowload as an .exe file and they wont open. My universal file opener tried to open the file but it doesn't help me to open the file. Is there an explanantion why? apart from me being a numpty.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_fin View Post
    I would agree that it seems the v68 patch is not installed but it says it is when reinstalling. I'm still being met with the same problem... It says I'm running v60 in the Game Settings window of the game but if it says its installed when I try to install it then I don't know what else I can do? I've tried deleting v68, downloading again but I'm met with the same problem. It seems to be installed but is not loading up in the game.

Any ideas?!
    Try this https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...120#post460120 and then 242.exe (v3.9.68 patch) but make sure to select Run As Administrator also

vCash

nope

Try this https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...120#post460120 and then 242.exe (v3.9.68 patch) but make sure to select Run As Administrator also
    Thanks for the suggestion but it's still doing exactly the same. All are set as administrator. All the selected .exe files have been ticked as 'modified' and I still can't get the v.3.9.68 to work. I also cannot get any mention of '242.exe', mine shows as 'v3.9.68.exe'.

I'm still getting v3.9.60 showing in the Game Settings window and the same error message prompt when trying to start a new game. I just don't know what I'm missing out?!

vCash
    Does that advice apply to me? I'm on a Mac. That link leads to a thread talking about Windows. The download file I have so far is called CM0102.iso. I can see cm0102.exe and cm0102_GDI.exe in the file but not cm0102ed.exe and piced.exe as the thread in the link says. Also, there is no 'properties' option as I don't believe macs have that available. As you can see, I'm terrible at tech. Can you not play this on a Mac?

vCash
    Hi there,

I have downloaded and installed the game as per instructions however I am unable to run it.

I receive a pop up regarding direct X service pack 3 (which I cannot find anywhere online) The pop up also mentions graphics adapter to suit 800x600.

I am on windows 10

Can anyone help please?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PERCY_LONG_PRONG View Post
    Hi there,

I have downloaded and installed the game as per instructions however I am unable to run it.

I receive a pop up regarding direct X service pack 3 (which I cannot find anywhere online) The pop up also mentions graphics adapter to suit 800x600.

I am on windows 10

Can anyone help please?
    From my understanding, the service pack 3 issue can be solved by finding the CM0102 game (football icon) in C:/Program Files/Championship Manager, then right click > Properties > Compatibility > tick Run this program in comparability mode for: Windows Xp (Service Pack 3). Click Apply

vCash
    Hi there,

I am on windows 10

Can anyone help please?
    Try his for the adapter https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...371#post381371
    Ignore the Direct X message, it's nearly a 20 year old game so got some stuff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Currigliboom View Post
    Does that advice apply to me? I'm on a Mac. That link leads to a thread talking about Windows. The download file I have so far is called CM0102.iso. I can see cm0102.exe and cm0102_GDI.exe in the file but not cm0102ed.exe and piced.exe as the thread in the link says. Also, there is no 'properties' option as I don't believe macs have that available. As you can see, I'm terrible at tech. Can you not play this on a Mac?
    Sorry I don't know this. We have only one Mac support thread but not sure if anyhow has a comprehensive guide https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1115

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Can anyone help a novice out.
    On my old laptop I had no issues but this one....
    I hve got virtual clone
    Seem to have installed game
    download official patch and now the problem
    When I run the official 68 patch the screen where I click next just remains blue (i.e. no progress bar) and the only option is to exit. When I check it hasn't worked and the version is still 60.
    I am on windows 10 64 bit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_fin View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion but it's still doing exactly the same. All are set as administrator. All the selected .exe files have been ticked as 'modified' and I still can't get the v.3.9.68 to work. I also cannot get any mention of '242.exe', mine shows as 'v3.9.68.exe'.

I'm still getting v3.9.60 showing in the Game Settings window and the same error message prompt when trying to start a new game. I just don't know what I'm missing out?!
    Ok. So I'm posting this purely to help any others who are (were) as clueless as me. My issue was that after re-downloading the SI Games v3.9.68 update it was not set as administrator. Also, it was not set to 'modify' in the Security tab of the Properties. After fixing this my game now works.

I hope this helps other novices who've had similar problems.

vCash
    Hello all,

I am having trouble when i click on the CM0102 virtual clone drive. Message pops up saying

Compressed (Zipped) Folder error
    Windows cannot complete the extraction
    The destination file could not be created.

Any ideas?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redmick99 View Post
    Hello all,

I am having trouble when i click on the CM0102 virtual clone drive. Message pops up saying

Compressed (Zipped) Folder error
    Windows cannot complete the extraction
    The destination file could not be created.

Any ideas?
    Talking on chatbox

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBreen View Post
    Can anyone help a novice out.
    On my old laptop I had no issues but this one....
    I hve got virtual clone
    Seem to have installed game
    download official patch and now the problem
    When I run the official 68 patch the screen where I click next just remains blue (i.e. no progress bar) and the only option is to exit. When I check it hasn't worked and the version is still 60.
    I am on windows 10 64 bit
    Run it as administator

vCash
    So I'd already downloaded and successfully installed/run the game - however, come to run it today and it simply would not run.

I decided a clean install would be best. However, after downloading the .ISO I cant get the game to run and install. When i click download for the game, I am not given an option to save the file, it goes to a mediafire download page and proceeds to download. Once downloaded I can open the file and see the "Setup" application file - but it wont run. Any ideas?

vCash
    Try his for the adapter https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...371#post381371
    Ignore the Direct X message, it's nearly a 20 year old game so got some stuff
    Hi there,

I tried this - opened using the GDI file. It allows me to select my leagues etc then asks me to insert the disc.

Completely lost TBH

vCash
    Hi there,

I tried this - opened using the GDI file. It allows me to select my leagues etc then asks me to insert the disc.

Completely lost TBH
    ***UPDATE***

I have since got it working, somehow!!

Next question is - how do I get it on full screen?

Thanks

vCash

Can't start game

Hi

I've just downloaded the game, ultaISO and winRar however when I try to launch the game through the cm0102.exe or the autorun.exe files but it keeps producing errors.

What am I missing or what should I be clicking to launch the game.

Thanks

vCash
    ***UPDATE***

Thanks
    I'm having the same issue, do you know what you did that fixed it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Happy Squid View Post
    So I'd already downloaded and successfully installed/run the game - however, come to run it today and it simply would not run.

I decided a clean install would be best. However, after downloading the .ISO I cant get the game to run and install. When i click download for the game, I am not given an option to save the file, it goes to a mediafire download page and proceeds to download. Once downloaded I can open the file and see the "Setup" application file - but it wont run. Any ideas?
    close down browsers and any instant messaging services (skype etc) as for some reason this clashes with Autorun
    You are admin on your laptop?

Try this which another member suggested and seems to work well for Windows 10 as well

Just installed this on windows 8.1 and encountered the issue with setup.exe hanging. Here is how to resolve.

1. Browse to the disk contents by going to the drive letter where the disk is (either ISO or cd-rom).
    2. Right click on SETUP.EXE, go to Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab and choose Run this program in Windows XP (service pack 2) mode and tick the box "Run this program as an administrator".
    3. Double click on setup.exe
    4. If nothing happens, open up the task manager by right clicking on the task bar and choosing Task Manager or press control + shift + escape at the same time.
    5. Go to the Details tab on the task manager and sort by name. You are looking for SETUP.EXE. If there are multiple ones running then kill them all. Click on setup.exe in the list and press the delete key or the end task button to kill the process.
    6. Run setup.exe again as per step 3 - you only want one install process running.
    7. Back in the task manager, Right click on setup.exe and hit the Analyze Wait Chain option. This will tell you what is preventing the install from running. Find that process and kill it.

In my case it was SetPoint.exe, a logitech program that controls my wireless mouse/keyboard software. As soon as I killed it the install launched.

- - - Updated - - -

***UPDATE***

Thanks
    insert disc - you need to re-mount the ISO

full screen - go to game settings and choose full screen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by photi View Post
    I'm having the same issue, do you know what you did that fixed it?
    full screen - go to game settings and choose full screen

vCash
    setup (with little TV logo) to create the game

But if you have installed game what are the errors?

Follow this - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3863

vCash

CM01/02 UPDATE

I am 55,not very computer literate. I have been playing the original CM01/02 for some time now. Just finished my thirty-ninth year in charge of Manchester United. I thought I would update to current season. Downloaded the file, copied and pasted ok. I noticed the new season started 11/12, not 19/20 and I was only able to play one season. Game keeps crashing at the end of season 1 in mid June. Can anyone help please?

vCash

Correct Download order

Hi,

I want to be able to download and play the game with the most recent squads available. I can get the original game to work fine, is there a certain order that i need download patches and data to make that work without it crashing?

Any help would be appreciated

vCash

vCash
    If you want to player with starting year 2019 then you need to apply a patch for example Tapani/Nick/Saturn V9 - all are in Patches section here and have instructions - https://champman0102.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=12