Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 596566676869
Results 1,701 to 1,721 of 1721

Thread: Installation Queries

Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    I'm having trouble installing the game now.

Did a full wipe...and have done the following...

DL the iso. Mount it. Run set up.. Dl the patch to the new folder. Patch the game. Run game, it's all in the proper folder and points to it...and I get the langlib and game config errors. Compatability fine. Administrator fine. Not really sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm obviously missing something. Something easy that I'm overlooking. Or I'm getting old.
    You're not trying to start the game from the cm0102.exe that's on the disc itself, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You're not trying to start the game from the cm0102.exe that's on the disc itself, are you?
    Nope. The folder. I'll give redder idea go.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    """Right click my computer -> Properties -> Advanced Settings -> Environment Variables.

Delete and uninstall anything related to CM.

Uninstall CM from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel

Delete the CM folder in C drive (c/Program Files (x86)/Championship Manager 0102

Install the game again."

Seems to have worked. Thanks mate.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

Hello

First of all can I say Thank You so much 😊 to the guys who keep the game going after all these years, its absolutely amazing.

I have no idea if this is the right thread but I recently downloaded the March update, had an amazing first season with Liverpool where I signed Koulibaly, won the league, fa cup and the European cup.

However, when I tried to load the game tonight to get stuck into the second, the game crashed 😔, when I try reading the file info before loading, it says

‘Could not find information about save game’

Can anyone help on getting it back please?

Quote Originally Posted by jwap View Post
    Hello

First of all can I say Thank You so much 😊 to the guys who keep the game going after all these years, its absolutely amazing.

I have no idea if this is the right thread but I recently downloaded the March update, had an amazing first season with Liverpool where I signed Koulibaly, won the league, fa cup and the European cup.

However, when I tried to load the game tonight to get stuck into the second, the game crashed 😔, when I try reading the file info before loading, it says

‘Could not find information about save game’

Can anyone help on getting it back please?
    Can you post a screenshot of the error message please? Use a site like https://postimages.org/

Looks like you have 3.9.60 game - did you not install the 3.9.68 patch?

Running the game as administrator? Have compatability set at XP 2 or 3?

Yep, always running it as administrator, just tried changing the settings to XP 3 and the same thing happened,

Already got the patch, will try it again.

No hope at all, I think I’m going to delete all data from the game on my computer and reinstall everything 😔

It’s weird because despite uninstalling the game on my laptop , there’s still data for it on my machine?

Quote Originally Posted by jwap View Post
    It’s weird because despite uninstalling the game on my laptop , there’s still data for it on my machine?
    Probably because when you uninstall the game it resides in C drive (C/Program Files (x86)/Championship Manager 01/02) - and this folder does not get deleted when you uninstall the game

Hello! I've just tried doing a fresh install to go back to the original game. When I mount the game onto the drive, I try to run the installer, autorun, anything, but nothing happens when I do any of those. I've also tried running as administrator but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by J4ck22 View Post
    Hello! I've just tried doing a fresh install to go back to the original game. When I mount the game onto the drive, I try to run the installer, autorun, anything, but nothing happens when I do any of those. I've also tried running as administrator but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
    Close down all browsers and messaging services like Skype

Run EVERYTHING as administrator

If it is still "hanging" and not setting up then try this as something blocking it

1. Browse to the disk contents by going to the drive letter where the disk is (either ISO or cd-rom).
    2. Right click on SETUP.EXE, go to Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab and choose Run this program in Windows XP (service pack 2) mode and tick the box ""Run this program as an administrator"".
    3. Double click on setup.exe
    4. If nothing happens, open up the task manager by right clicking on the task bar and choosing Task Manager or press control + shift + escape at the same time.
    5. Go to the Details tab on the task manager and sort by name. You are looking for SETUP.EXE. If there are multiple ones running then kill them all. Click on setup.exe in the list and press the delete key or the end task button to kill the process.
    6. Run setup.exe again as per step 3 - you only want one install process running.
    7. Back in the task manager, Right click on setup.exe and hit the Analyze Wait Chain option. This will tell you what is preventing the install from running. Find that process and kill it.

In my case it was SetPoint.exe, a logitech program that controls my wireless mouse/keyboard software. As soon as I killed it the install launched.
    "

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Close down all browsers and messaging services like Skype

Run EVERYTHING as administrator

If it is still "hanging" and not setting up then try this as something blocking it

1. Browse to the disk contents by going to the drive letter where the disk is (either ISO or cd-rom).
    2. Right click on SETUP.EXE, go to Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab and choose Run this program in Windows XP (service pack 2) mode and tick the box ""Run this program as an administrator"".
    3. Double click on setup.exe
    4. If nothing happens, open up the task manager by right clicking on the task bar and choosing Task Manager or press control + shift + escape at the same time.
    5. Go to the Details tab on the task manager and sort by name. You are looking for SETUP.EXE. If there are multiple ones running then kill them all. Click on setup.exe in the list and press the delete key or the end task button to kill the process.
    6. Run setup.exe again as per step 3 - you only want one install process running.
    7. Back in the task manager, Right click on setup.exe and hit the Analyze Wait Chain option. This will tell you what is preventing the install from running. Find that process and kill it.

In my case it was SetPoint.exe, a logitech program that controls my wireless mouse/keyboard software. As soon as I killed it the install launched.
    "
    Perfect, thank you so much!

For me it was Adobe running multiple stuff in the background blocking the installation, killing it instantly triggered the setup. You're a saint.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to J4ck22 For This Useful Post:

Hi!

I installed the game several times in the last two days. Every time I install the game it works fine (I tried from cd, mount from Win10 and using Daemon Tools). The game is neatly installed in the C:\prog.files(x86)\champman folder. Applying the 3.9.68 goes without trouble, applying patches to play faster work fine too. Data editing doesn't work

Every time I start a new game it goes well, I can load all leagues, one league, no problem. But when I save the game, all that data goes into c:\users\Niwrah\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\championship manager 01-02

The "normal" directory (i.e., where I installed the game) holds the game files and the data files, the AppData folder holds the tactics, training, search maps, and the savegames.

How do I make sure the game stops writing data to that Local\AppData folder? It doens't make a difference what installation medium I choose (cd, Daemon or Windows mount), the "new" files end up in that weird location.

I'm using a brand new HP laptop (Ryzen 5, Radeon gfx card, 16gb ram, 250gb SSD), Win10home. Running the game is no issue, I didn't have any problems installing or playing and I didn't run it in any compatible mode

Id firstly, uninstall, and ensure you do a manual delete of the folder

Start again, but you dont need Daemon Tools, as W10, has an automatic Mount program, just right click the ISO and the optio will be there. Install the game as you would, and apply the 3.9.68 as you would. Ensure you're running the game as Admin, this is also the same when running the editor, and also validate the database

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

I did remove the game a couple of times, and I removed all remaining files and folders too. To be a bit more clear, I tried installing from cd, installing with Daemon Tools and from Win10 itself. So, I made several installations, in different ways, but I keep ending up with this separated file crap.

I'll try running everything as admin tomorrow, I did that trick on the game itself, but not on the editors and updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwrah View Post
    I did remove the game a couple of times, and I removed all remaining files and folders too. To be a bit more clear, I tried installing from cd, installing with Daemon Tools and from Win10 itself. So, I made several installations, in different ways, but I keep ending up with this separated file crap.

I'll try running everything as admin tomorrow, I did that trick on the game itself, but not on the editors and updates.
    Run EVERYTHING as admin

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks. works fine now

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Niwrah For This Useful Post:

I am installing the game on a new machine I have copied over my save files, applied same patch, update and version, when I go to load the game it says missing german league index etc, in fact it runs through about 30 error messages the same for each league, any idea what I can do to get my save working again?

Quote Originally Posted by rorysheridan View Post
    I am installing the game on a new machine I have copied over my save files, applied same patch, update and version, when I go to load the game it says missing german league index etc, in fact it runs through about 30 error messages the same for each league, any idea what I can do to get my save working again?
    Sounds like you have a mismatch between the CM0102.exe and data files

Suggest you uninstall game from control panel and delete the CM fodler in C drive

Then follow this and you should be good - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3863

Then add any patches like Saturn/Nick/Tapani

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 596566676869