Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Challenge 24 - Here come the Vikings

Redknapp69 is online now Soccer Manager - Division 1 Title/Cup
    Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Good solid start on this mate (apart from not reading the rule )

Thumping good keeper you have there - good luck for next season!

vCash
    Second season finally completed. It has only taken 2.5 weeks to complete a 26 league game program ! Job done in terms of winning the league and it was probably easier than the table suggests as we won it with 4 games to spare then suffered 3 draws.

It was made into a domestic double with another very weak draw in the cup - Gneist, Bryne, Follo, Forde, Tromso, Sarpsborg 08 and Odd Grenland - 3 non league and 2 first division sides !

Last years cup win got us into the UEFA Cup where we met AaB in the second qualifying round a 1-1 draw away set up a 3-2 home win to take us back to Denmark. FC Kopenhavn let us equalise twice at their place and a goal from Hansebjer 5 minutes from time leveled the home leg 1-1 and we were through on away goals. HNK Rijeka of Croatia are the second round oponents and we have a 0-0 draw from the away game. I don't think we will get much further.

There was quite a bit of transfer activity to get the number of Swedes (underlined yellow) and Danes (underlined red) upto quota.

I also suffered from some horrendous injury problems so had to make a couple of emergency loan signings.

That left me with 6 Danes, 8 Swedes and 14 Norwegians in my current squad

There are already 9 bosman deals lined up, including a couple that I am very pleased with, but I'll have to review the squad to decide on whither I take them all or cancel some deals, along with who to let go.

Keeper Rune Almening Jarstein would have been my star player again, but he asked for a transfer to a bigger club and went off the boil in the final few games. Instead, the honour goes to Jon-Helge Tveita who was a right back in my first season, but this time played as an AMC behind the front 4 and was my leading scorer with 12. Nickie Bille Nielsen was the only other to hit double figures.

The artist formally known as The Eejit

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Well done mate - looks like you are smashing it

Good luck in Europe!

vCash
    http://prntscr.com/7zl2pe

starting season, 2 danish incoming in july, need to get 2 more

My tactics
    http://prntscr.com/7zl5oa
    Last edited by BlackyM; 01-08-15 at 01:48 PM.

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    How many challenges you doing?! Amazed the time you have playing the game to get through these!

Is that the mighty ex Liverpool player Frode Kippe you have?!

Similar formation to the Man City I see!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    How many challenges you doing?! Amazed the time you have playing the game to get through these!

Is that the mighty ex Liverpool player Frode Kippe you have?!

Similar formation to the Man City I see!
    Hahah...yea I have a lot of time now, as Im recovring from some stuff, so I don't have nothing else to do and have motivation to play cm 0102. So what better to do then, than try some harder challenges.

Yea, thats Frode Kippe, got him for 90k pounds from Lillestrom, he is foundation of my defense

Tactics is similar do MC, but, yea I can't wib-wob, so I was thinking 3 in defence should be good, and 3 in midfield should be good, and if I make backwards arrows on wingers, I might have competitive tactic

Arrows for central attackers are from Sevilla challenge, there it worked really good, so decided to try it here and it actually works really well.

This is current table

http://prntscr.com/7zm1ci

vCash
    Season 1

Off season was of course very busy, had to sell a lot of players and bring bunch of swedes and danes. I did get 5 of each of them, just got 2 danes that I was missing in july.

1st part of the season I played well, 2nd part of the season I struggled, but my opponents were also very unconsistent, so I kept my 1st place. I did however got 5 wins in last 5 rounds

In Norwegian cup I had easy draw for every round except Quarters. Until Quarters I played non-leaguea team, then in semis I defeated 1st division team. While in finals I played last placed, already relegated, team

Spoiler!

Period between season was again very busy.

There was one player that I brought before season 1, where I mistaken weekly salary for annual salary. I like to play in annuals. So when I converted it, I realized this guy has 300 000 pounds per year, which is f... ridicolous for him. I placed him immediately on transfer for 0, but had to wait 3 months before some wierd American team "Miami Fusion" aka "Houston" offered for him.

After season 1 luckily I managed to get few bigger names, like Grizetic, Okore and Vestegaard. Former 2 will join me in July due to contract expiry, while for Grizetic I paid 2.1m pounds

Spoiler!

vCash
    well f***

and f***

Last edited by BlackyM; 01-08-15 at 08:39 PM.

vCash
    nice group

11. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    De Lanlay is rather good IIRC
    I signed him up to big contract and although he was pissed off I think I kept hold of him for much of the challenge

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    De Lanlay is rather good IIRC
    I signed him up to big contract and although he was pissed off I think I kept hold of him for much of the challenge
    Yea, I did that before with players, but I also don't like to have angry players in may team.

However, I was thinking of keeping him, first offers were 5m, from arsenal, liverpool and shakthar. I raise it to 8.5 and shakthar offered, then I canceled the deal, as I wanted to keep the player.

But few days later, Liverpool offers 10m, then I decided ok, I'm gonna sell it, I can get several good players for that money.

However, I still did not find suitable replacement for him, there are really no good FRs that are willing to come to Viking at this point

Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    nice group

another epic draw

Last edited by BlackyM; 01-08-15 at 10:12 PM.

vCash
    God dammit, my one player had double nationality, and he just played for Nigera, does he still count as Viking?

vCash
    Season 2

I saw early that League won't make me any problems, and after Okore and Vestergaard arrived, I knew I can get nice result in CL.

In qualifying rounds, I defeat baku and dinamo kiev withouth much problems, while in first group I draw Zenit, Ajax and MC, cant remember which one.

I defeated Ajax away 1-5, and Zenit 1-2 away, I had 7 points after 3 rounds, but then I lost to zenit home, tied Ajax at home, and in last round I entered with 1 point above Zenit.

Zenit played Ajax at home, while I played away at Manchester. I grabbed a draw, and was lucky that zenit and Ajax played 0-0, so I went through.

In 2nd stage, I had no chance, I did get 7 points, but I really had no chance...

Spoiler!

Season 3

I got several good players, amongst them Zokore. In qulifying round for CL, first I defeated Tampere, then Milan 5-1 agg, which was surprising to me, but hey

In group stage I drew Alt. Madrid, Juventus and Anzhi. First defeated Atletico away, then Anzhi pulled out a draw in 90th min, in 2 matches against Juve, I lost at home, but got 1 point away. Luckily again I defeated Altetico, and in last round I was 2 points ahead of Anzhi, and was going to Russian's home stadion. How it went? See the screens

League was easier then previous season, while I had major blunder in Cup.

I bought one guy with double nationality, for 1.8mil pounds, only for him to play for Nigeria one month later after only 2 appereances at my team -.-

So I placed him on Transfer List and in reserves until I figure out can I use him or not? In the mean time one other guy played 1 game for Syria -.-

Spoiler!

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackyM View Post
    God dammit, my one player had double nationality, and he just played for Nigera, does he still count as Viking?
    Think CF will confirm but am guessing as long as Biking nation (if dual) then should be ok?

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Bitch of a year 2 CL group - I struggled in CL
    Good signing in Okore

Another good season 3 signing

Shock cup result but going well in CL

vCash
    yea, but not well enough unfortunately -.-

Look at this CL Quarterfinal

Season 4

In first 5 round of league I had 3 draws, finished it with 4 draws and 0 defeats

Cup this time I did not fail, but almost lost the final to Brann...

Seems to me that I cannot really improve anymore, I mean, if they give me more money for transfers I would, but with only 3.2 mil, I can get better players than I already have...

In Champions League I had major problems. Qualifying against Celtic, I was losing 1st game and got red card, ultimately lost it 0-1 at home.
    In 2nd leg, they got penalty and scored for lead at 3rd minute...but my players turned it around for 1-3 win

In group stage, I got Real Madrid, Milan and Anzhi. Draw agianst Milan, 2 Wins against Anzhi, and 1 point vs Real, mean that in last round Im going on San Siro with 3 points ahead of Milan, with mission to get at least 1 point. How did it went? Look the screens

Ps. I cannot release that syrian guy, board is blocking it, its on TL with 0 price, no body wants him. But he has double nationality, you can check 1st and 2nd season screens, he was swede then

Nigerian guy I released...

Last edited by BlackyM; 02-08-15 at 02:56 AM.

vCash
    FINAL PART

Definetly check these out

ending of CL - Season 4

Spoiler!

Season 5

Transfers in for last season
    Spoiler!

Denmark Competitions
    Spoiler!

Champions League - Season 5

group stages
    Spoiler!

Knockout stages
    Spoiler!

Champions League final ????
    Spoiler!

My Opinion about last season
    Spoiler!

Well F***

500 - 5 League Titles
    400 - 4 Cups
    390 - League Goals

1290 points

Bonus - Profiles of my players

Strating 11 + Elm who was ineligible for CL

Spoiler!

subs

Spoiler!
    Last edited by BlackyM; 02-08-15 at 07:25 AM.

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Gutted about CL final

But you smashed my score and take the lead in the challenge

Congrats!

I seem to remember I had 25m in bank but only allowed 4m transfer fees and wages low - so indeed hard to attract the best

Great job completing tho!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Oh, man, last minute of the challenge and I concead a goal

Yea, that transfer budget policy is so annoying, but its ok, it makes challenge harder, it was same for both of us, so its fine

I think this challenge is doable, I think I was close already in season 3...then those Italians and 88th minute -.- I think its possible to do in 3 seasons with a bit of luck, which I obviously didn't have much in Champions League...

vCash
    The third season was completed almost a month ago, but I have only just got round to getting a chance to write it up. Getting the boring stuff over, it was another League and cup double, but it was not as easy as it looks. At the mid point we actualy trailed Odd Grenland, who then had a horrific second half to their season. The talking point was not our title, but Rosenborg's relegation (their supporters are questioning the Viking selection for the penultimate league game where Haugesund beat us 7-4. Obviously, with the league won, I was concentrating on the European games).

After beating Hammerfest, Fredrikstad, Kristiansund, and Lillestrom, we needed a replay against Rosenborg in the cup semi final. The final saw us beat Odd Grenland 1-0 to take the cup for the 3rd year running.

Europe was much moreinteresting. As we left the story at the end of last year, we were at 0-0 with HNK Rijeka of Croatia after the first leg of the second round proper of the UEFA cup. Back home and we deservedly won 3-1 to set up a tie with Spartak Moscow. In the home game, we conceded early but quickly equalised. At 1-1 it didn't look good, especially with that away goal for the Russians. It got worse when they took the lead just after half time in the second leg, but with 20minutes left, Patrik Ulekliev (with a rare start in central defence) got on the end of a freekick to tie the aggregate score. Deep into injury time and looking to make a final change before extra time, Jarstein conceded a penalty. There was no red card for the keeper, but he still couldn't stop Belozenov converting. So close, but we looked doomed. From the kickoff, Bilyaletdenov slipped, Tvieta pounced 2-2 we went through on away goals. Best extra time ever !

Lazio ended the run. Trailing 4-3 from the first leg in Italy, we had a chance, but Gaitan ended any hope of a miracle result with the only goal of the game. On the whole, not a bad run.

After the summer it was our first Champions League qualification where we started in the second round with a 5-3 win over Latvian outfit Metalurgs. That gave us 2 legs against Munchengladbach to get through to the group stage, and a 1-0 defeat in Germany gave us a great chance. That looked to be killed off when Keisling gave them an early away goal to leave us needing 3 to get through. No chance . except .. 14 minutes played and Dominguez concedes a penalty and gets a red card. Reginiusen converts and in the celebration, Jantschke headbuts Absalonen to leave the Germans with 9 men. We get 5 more goals to get a surprise qualification to .. The group of death.

Ajax, Arsenal and Real Madrid. Despite being 90 secods away from getting a point in Madrid, leading against them at home and at the Emerates, we lost all 5 of our opening games. Into the final game and strangely we still had a chance to make the UEFA cup as Ajax had lost all of their other games and had just 3 points. If we could win 2-0, we would match them on head to head and beat them on goal difference. Tough, but not impossible. We did just that by half time and were on course to go through. They then grabbed a vital away goal, but back we came and Hansebjer put us 3-1 up. We needed just 1 more which we got with the final kick of the match !

The UEFA cup may not count for any points, but the dream goes on and we have Champions League again next year.

There was quite a bit of transfer activity mainly in the defence and the Keepers. Jarstein had to go as he was pissing off too many others and was not going to sign another deal. Berisha was almost permanently injured. I have some top quality defenders in Rogne, Reginiusen, Hovland and Milosovic, while Yttergard Jensen has been Norwegian player of the year for the last 2 years

The squad now has 8 Danes, 10 Swedes and 21 Norwegians. There are 2 bosman deals lined up and 3 players transfer listed.

By my count I had 337 points from my second season. 100 from the league, 100 from the cup and 54 league goals, which takes me to 591 after 3 seasons.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Finally completed my 4th and penultimate season. (only taken me 6 weeks to complete a season !)

I'll start with the European campaign where at the end of last season we left it hanging with a 4-1 home win against Ajax to pick up our first Group stage points, and these 3 points were enough to move above Ajax on goal difference into the UEFA Cup place. Vitesse Arnhem gave us a chance to progress. We looked like getting a 0-0 draw away only to concede in the 82nd minute. 30 seconds later and it was 1-1 thanks to Omoijuanfo's headed equaliser. Back home and twice Elyounoussi put us ahead and twice Derksen equalised. De Lanlay made it 3-2 then 4-2 which they instantly pulled back to 4-3 and a tense final 15 mins. We were through to face Zenith. A cracking away tie set the scene. We came from behind to lead 2-1 and ultimately draw 2-2. Right back Vilskik (a new signing) scored the only goal of the second leg to put us in the quarter final.

Over to Spain and Mallorca who twice led, but eventually went down 3-2, Elyounoussi with the winner. An early strike from Omoijuanfo left the visitors needing 3. They got 1 and we had a semi final back in Spain. Sevilla were the hosts for the first leg and Omoijuanfo took advantage of their hospitality with 2 goals. He got another back home, as did de Lanlay and the aggregate score of 4-1 was just as easy as it sounds. We were in the UEFA Cup final !

Leverkusen in Brussels for the biggest game in Viking history. Atight first half left it closely balanced at 0-0. Annan scored for the German's early in the second half, and it looked like we had lost our chance. De Lanlay somehow found an equaliser then, probably against the run of play, another of my new boys, Kim Ove Riksvold went on a solo run down the left and cut inside to beat the keeper at his near post.

We had only bloody won the UEFA Cup. No points in this challenge, but good omens for next year.

Onto the squad changes, and some significant moves.

Going out, Strand and Stoor were too old. Rasmussen and N.B Neilen had been my key strikers, but couldn't score for toffee. The others were not good enough or wanting away and ito final year of contract

Coming in, Vilsvik will be my 1st choice right back. Riksvold will fight for the winger roles and Qvist will be in the rotation for striker, with Elyounoussi and Omoijuanfo. Bech and Olsen are in contention for midfield.

The squad now has 8 Danes, 11 Swedes and 20 Norwegians. There is 1 bosman deal lined up and 1 player transfer listed.

Domestically it was not exactly plain sailing. Having won the cup 3 years on the spin, we went out at the first hurdle where Ostsiden pulled off a shock 1-0 win.

Dropping 5 points in the first 3 games, and having a lot of games postponed due to European commitments, it left us playing catch up for much of the season. Odd Grenland were the front runners and took 4 points off us on way to a 10 point lead at one stage. Gradually we pulled them back in and took top spot with 5 games to play. That should have been that, but a 0-0 draw at home to Sarpsborg in the penultimate game gave Odd Grenland the chance to reclaim top spot by a point.

Due to European commitments for both sides, all fixtures had been played except Molde v Odd and Lov-Ham v Viking. Despite complaints from the Odd management, their game would be played on the Wednesday and ours on the Thursday. The pressure got to them. It finished 0-0 and we had a chance. Elyounoussi, Qvist and Ostlund all scored in the first 30 minutes as we cruised to a 3-1 win and another title. But it was bloody close and next year I'll ditch non point scoring tournaments early.

By my count I had 591 points from my third season. 100 from the league and 50 league goals, takes me to 741 after 4 seasons.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Wow - you made hard work of league

Big shocker in cup

But what a result in UEFA! An acing stuff and surely done good cash and reputation?
    But I'm sure in this challenge no matter what cash u gave the wage budget doesn't increase much?
    De Lanley

vCash
    Mission completed.

I left off the last update having won the league title in my 4th season, but didn't update on that season of European football. But first, a small distraction. Winning the UEFA Cup last time round may not have won any challenge points, but it did get us into the World Club Championships, and with no domestic football to interfere, that was not the chore that it often is. In the group, Sport Recife looked to be the toughest opponents, but a 2-1 win over them, followed by 1-0 against Monterrey had us in the semi final even before we lost to Al Gharafa 1-3. We could have drawn Morelia, but fate had other ideas and it was Barcelona for a place in the final. Elyounoussi gave us a surprise first half lead which we held until 70 mins when Messi curled in an equaliser. 7 minutes from time, Fabregas grabbed the winner and we were left to play Morelia for 3rd place. It was the second time that Messi had broken our hearts as it was his 110th minute effort that had earlier won the Super Cup.

More importantly, Europe and a second crack at the Champions League. We may have been UEFA cup champions, but we still had to join at the 2nd Qualifying stage. Danish Outfit AGF couldn't recover from a 0-0 homeleg and we got them 2-0 back in Stavanger. Next up Celtic …. I wanted this one. A crazy opening saw us 2-1 up after 17 minutes. Anthony Watt made it 2-2 only for Omoijuanfo to grab a late winner. Going to Glasgow and Celtic looked favourites. Johnny Russell put them ahead on away goals in the first half at Parkhead and with our strikers misfiring, I thought that might be it. On the stroke of time, our only effort on target, found the back of the net and Lasse Qvist had put us through ! Only Porto, Shakhtar and Juventus to face !

To cut a long story short

To be honest, we should have got a point in Turin to top the group (1 shot on target from 8 attemps) but I'm not complaining. What I did complain about was Bayern, Chelsea and Zenit.

To cut a long story short

We got it on the head to head with Chelsea. Elyounoussi's 2 goals in 4 minutes in the first game was crucial, but also the nail-biter 0-0 draw with Bayern in the final game. Alexander Milosovic at the heart of the defence played a blinder and neither Gomez nor Mandzucic got a sniff of a chance.

Quarter final and it was the 3rd and 4th encounters with Barcelona this year. They had narrowly won the first 2 and nobody gave us a prayer for the first leg at Camp Nou. A yellow card for Tim Cahill in the first minute told me we were up for it. Yann-Erik de Lanlay whacked the freekick into Valdez top corner and the silence was deafening. Typically, Messi levelled in the 25th minute, but another freekick and Vilsvik found Qvist's head. 2 shots, 2 goals. Another break and de Lanlay made it 3 shots and 3 goals putting us in dreamland. That is how it stayed until 5 minutes from time. Fabregas grabbed a goal back and Barca through every one forward. A long punt to clear, Omoijuanfo headed on Qvist was clear 4-2 !!!! That was atleast a score to defend in the second leg. Messi scored a dodgy penalty, but that was cancelled out by a Haraldsen effort before the break. Badstuber put them back in front, but they still needed 2 more, and we shut up shop.

We had a semi final with Real Madrid (Bayern v Inter was the other tie, so there was no good option). First leg at the Bernabeu and with 78 minutes played we were 1 down thanks to Benzema's first half strike. No problem, settle for that and all to play for in the second leg. That was when Regineusen took out Ozil. Red card and a penalty. Norring saved Kagawa's spot kick, but with just 10 men, we couldn't survive for long. Benzema and Cabaye made it 3-0, and no chance to progress. In fact we lost at home, 1-0 to Carlos Vela.

Dream over and one more chance to win the Champions League.

Transfers, and there were 3 notable departures for my final year. Ohi Omoijuanfo, Thomas Rogne and Mikkel Anderssen were all whining on about wanting to play for a bigger club. It was unsettling the squad, so they had to go. Anzi, Q.P.R. And Hannover …. bigger clubs my arse.

Omoijuanfo was replaced up front by Mos (you may recall he had been on loan previously … no I didn't either) Sebastien Holmen took Rogne's place and we already had 3 keepers. Perhaps the best business was the capture of Matts Daehli from Man Utd firstly on loan and then a Bosman. Him and Yttergaard Jensen in midfield were a phenomenal partnership.

Back to the domestic game and virtually nobody could live with us. It was another league and cup double. 66 points and 70 goals were both league records.

Just the final assault on Europe to end this challenge (which I started on the 15th of March !). As a result of making last years semi final and winning the UEFA cup the year before, we had automatic qualification for the group stage. As one of the seeded sides, we should have got a better draw, but Basel, Besiktas and Chelsea (again) said different.

A 1-0 home win over Besiktas was a solid start, but that was reversed when we went to London and lost 3-0 to Chelsea. Back-to-back wins over Basel 2-0 and 2-1 put us in control again, but a red card for Norring resulted in a 3-1 win for Besiktas in Turkey.

What I hadn't mentioned was the other games. Basel had lost every match, and the others had all been home games. The table therefore had Chelsea on 12 points, with Besiktas and ourselves on 9 (Besiktas had the better goal difference on head to head). We therefore had to beat Chelsea and hope that Basel would get their first point. A 4-0 win to us would get the calculators out.

We went for it. Qvist 13th minute. Qvist 24th minute. Now it was interesting, but Besiktas also had a lead. Qvist 68th minute hat-trick was matched by a Basel equaliser. Very interesting ! Besiktas retake the lead in Switzerland. By my count, another goal would put us through and Chelsea out (better head to head). In to injury time and Qvist goes down … penalty …. given ! Daehli grabs the ball from Qvist who would have been on for his 4th. Daehli puts it on the spot. A short run up and Forster saves.

I don't think that I have ever gone out with 12 points before. Gutted, especially as I had captured Labinot Harbuzi from Gottenburg and was close to a deal with 36 year old Zlatan Ibrahimovic (offer not far from what he wants) to take him from Man City. That might have made the rest of the European season interesting.

There are no points for the UEFA Cup, so the challenge stops here. I'll load up the screen shots later, but for now, 741 points from my fourth season. 100 from the league, 100 from the cup and 70 league goals, takes me to 1011 after 5 seasons.

Edit: count has gone wrong somewhere. When I add it all up, it comes to 907 !

Last edited by Kingsley; 27-11-15 at 07:57 PM.

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Unlucky drawing Barca in WCC

Amazing journey in that 1st CL - I was amazed you hit out if those groups!
    And then to best Barca

Highly unfortunate in the last CL outing - very harsh going out in 12 points

Well done for completing it though mate

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    1-Double nationality ok?
    2-The rule with 5 swedish+5 norwegian+5 danish viking in the squad: At the 1st game of the 1st season or at the first game of the 2nd season?
    3-In the first season, -1 each game played by "strangers" only for the player who are in the team at the end of the 1st season or if you sold them before the end of the 1st season it's ok?

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by kikivampy; 12-04-18 at 11:38 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast