Thread: Random positions assigned by game.

vCash

Random positions assigned by game.

Just started trying to make a database with the squads from footballsquads.co.uk for year 1993/94 because that's the earliest it goes for the Premier League.

Started with 'A' for 'Arsenal' and decided to only make them before staring a new game in case there were any problems.

Well there were problems, i twice started a new game and all the players had been assigned new positions this despite my exactly specifying them in the editor for example i made David Seaman: Goalkeeper 20 all other positions 1 (including striker) and in the came he came out as: Striker (Centre) both times i tested.

Some of the players were how i'd made them in the editor and some were completely different and i have no idea why.

Is there some kind of conflict or issue i'm missing?

I've never had anything like this problem before when tinkering with other peoples databases.

P.S To be honest i think i prefer tinkering with databases more than playing the actual game.

vCash
    Oh how disappointing, when I saw new thread -Random positions assigned, I thought it was some sort of good sex guide

vCash
    Not sure i'd want Championship Manager assigning those positions.

vCash
    Post a screenshot of the Position screen from the Editor to see if there's anything you're doing wrong.

vCash
    In all seriousness I had this problem with my CM2 Project & thought It was a corrupted DB & gone for good. I then validated the DB using validator in editor then cmdbsort ( http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downlo...p?do=file&id=9 ) & loaded new game & it worked fine & as intended. I would make a back up first.

vCash
    The clever software fixed it thanks.

(Update)

Didn't quite work tough after-all.

If anyone's still bothered or having the same problem it seems to be something to do with creating/overwriting players.

It seems to work fine if you stick to one or the other but not both.

Having made a ton of squads and them the game suddenly making loads of them AM/F/RC it's a bit too much of a task going back through and finding who's created/overwritten.

Can anyone confirm this?
    Last edited by Jampot; 31-12-13 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Update.