Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142
Results 1,026 to 1,035 of 1035

Thread: English Football League

vCash
    I think I noticed the guys you've got in - Bolasie and El Ghazi on top of the ones you already had. Frustrated me given at Stoke we literally only have two wingers - McClean and Ince.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So Dean Smith has been appointed, pleased as he's always been my first choice to succeed Bruce. He supports the club so he should get what it's all about. Hopefully he can instil a more attacking style of play.

John Terry back as assistant, seemed to enjoy it here last year and knows most of the squad (insert joke here)

vCash
    Interesting appointment. A bit like Stoke, going for a younger approach and someone who has built a reputation in the past few years.

Jury still out on Rowett but looks like he's turning a corner. I'm sure Smith will work out fine at Villa but will need patience from the fans.

vCash
    I was surprised just because the first I heard after they sacked Bruce was that they were primed to go for a big name. Probably a good thing they didn't give the job to Terry or Henry, mind.

vCash
    I'll just say be wary of sacking the old guard who are starting to look past it, and bringing in young managers with no experience at this level.

Although to be honest, as long as we stick by Hurst the future looks brighter than it has for a while.

Just the present that needs attention...
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Interesting appointment. A bit like Stoke, going for a younger approach and someone who has built a reputation in the past few years.

Jury still out on Rowett but looks like he's turning a corner. I'm sure Smith will work out fine at Villa but will need patience from the fans.
    Certainly more interesting than just getting another one of the usual suspects off the merry-go-round.

Do you think Stoke will be in the mix or is it about stabilising this season?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    I was surprised just because the first I heard after they sacked Bruce was that they were primed to go for a big name. Probably a good thing they didn't give the job to Terry or Henry, mind.
    While the prospect of someone like Henry was intriguing I think Smith is definitely more logical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BobMem View Post
    I'll just say be wary of sacking the old guard who are starting to look past it, and bringing in young managers with no experience at this level.

Although to be honest, as long as we stick by Hurst the future looks brighter than it has for a while.

Just the present that needs attention...
    From the outside looking in he's done a decent job at Brentford, although i'm aware he had a big support team of data analysts etc.

Great for you to get that first win. Like you say while it's a risk, the upside could be far more rewarding.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to the villan For This Useful Post:

Redknapp69 is offline Soccer Manager - Division 1 Title/Cup
    Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Potter is working his magic at Swansea

Finally the "Swansea Way" (on the field) is coming back and the fans are right behind this bunch of kids

Off the field is a still horrendous but there is a real bond between fans, manager and players now

Most Swans fans are happy in Championship for a couple of years. Don't think it would be good if they went up via play offs this season.

But methinks Potter will get nabbed by a bigger club after "x" time

If Swans get top half this year that'll be great - play off's would be stretch target

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the villan View Post
    Certainly more interesting than just getting another one of the usual suspects off the merry-go-round.

Do you think Stoke will be in the mix or is it about stabilising this season?
    Who the heck knows? After the first 10 games, we were just hopeful of finishing in the top half but now we've won two on the spot, we're only 3 points from the playoffs. It's still very early days and anything can happen. Rowett himelf pointed out that he had a bad start last season at Derby, got to the top then had a sticky spell but still ended up in the playoffs. He's also pointed out that Fulham had a worse start at this point too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Potter is working his magic at Swansea

Finally the "Swansea Way" (on the field) is coming back and the fans are right behind this bunch of kids

Off the field is a still horrendous but there is a real bond between fans, manager and players now

Most Swans fans are happy in Championship for a couple of years. Don't think it would be good if they went up via play offs this season.

But methinks Potter will get nabbed by a bigger club after "x" time

If Swans get top half this year that'll be great - play off's would be stretch target
    Considering the players Swansea have lost Potter's doing well so far. Have only seen highlights but can definitely see signs of the passing football returning.

I'll be able to have a look at Villa Park next Saturday, hopefully we can kick-start our season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Who the heck knows? After the first 10 games, we were just hopeful of finishing in the top half but now we've won two on the spot, we're only 3 points from the playoffs. It's still very early days and anything can happen. Rowett himelf pointed out that he had a bad start last season at Derby, got to the top then had a sticky spell but still ended up in the playoffs. He's also pointed out that Fulham had a worse start at this point too.
    Whoever can put a run together will shoot up the table, I suppose most of the division will still fancy their chances.

Redknapp69 is offline Soccer Manager - Division 1 Title/Cup
    Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    It's a cracking division fair play - always a league where nearly everyone can and does beat everyone - very rarely that some teams are left properly adrift

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142