Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647
Results 1,151 to 1,171 of 1171

Thread: English Football League

vCash
    Christ yeah - didn't you drop double figures on both Wimmer and Imbula - the Wimmer deal was mad - didn't Spurs sign him for £3m - never really played for them, got injured then Stoke pay another £10m or something

Why doesn't Diouf lead the line? Not clinical enough? I see him at right wing back half the time. Berahinho goals dried up again? Did Bojan leave?

vCash
    Swans at Bristol City today

3.8k Swans making themselves known about state of the club and US owners

Fighting from rival fans during the game

https://twitter.com/casualmind_/stat...804492289?s=21

https://youtu.be/vsQx-aWMeIQ

Huw Jenkins (Chairman) resigns later in the evening

Close 1st half but then Bristol deservedly won in 2nd half by taking advantage of space down the flanks

Very worrying times off the field now for Swans . . .

vCash
    Well, my 5th away trip of the season ended in another winless game for me. That's Leeds, Preston, West Brom, Birmingham and now Hull where we haven't won

Quote Originally Posted by the villan View Post
    Scott McKenna? can't say that i've seen him but meant to be a good player apparently. Villa bid for him in August, thought we might go back in for him tbh.

I think when a lot of teams come down there squads are just an unbalanced mess with high earners and underperformers used to losing.

I see Fletcher and Adam are out of contract soon which should help, but then you've still got players like Diouf, Wimmer, Imbula and Badou Ndiaye not contributing. Are the latter out on loan because they're not good enough or don't they want to play in the Championship?
    Yep, McKenna.

An unbalanced squad is definitely part of the issue we've had in the past couple of years. I think those players could be good enough but at the same time, they have questionable attitudes and were sent out on loan instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Christ yeah - didn't you drop double figures on both Wimmer and Imbula - the Wimmer deal was mad - didn't Spurs sign him for £3m - never really played for them, got injured then Stoke pay another £10m or something

Why doesn't Diouf lead the line? Not clinical enough? I see him at right wing back half the time. Berahinho goals dried up again? Did Bojan leave?
    Yep, 13m on Wimmer

Berahino doesn't play enough to get goals.

Bojan is still with us, actually started at Hull but didn't get in the game much.

Diouf was injured under Rowett and has been at home on compassionate leave after his father died recently. Think he's back now though. Hasn't played at right-wing back since Hughes was manager

vCash
    The Birmingham supporter gets jailed for punching Grealish. Rightly so, the absolute coward. Hope the real nutbags give him a good kicking to teach him a lesson for punching someone from behind.

vCash
    Proper naughty that was - tough on how to stop someone getting on pitch though

vCash
    That was absolutely disgusting and is a real disgrace and a joke to English football itself.
    Think you can argue? Test your skills in Ban this Filth today! Respond to this thread and plead your case, and if you're a football fan, have a go at Best of the Best!

vCash
    I had a feeling Grealish was going to score and I was even more delighted he did after that

vCash
    Poor result for Swans v WBA - 3-0

No idea why Potter is playing Nordfelt in goal ahead of Mulder (not sure if he's good enough mind)

Swans continue to create lots of chance (more than WBA tonight - they created far more than top of the table Norwich recently as well) - just not taking them

Celina with a cracker of a missed pen as well

https://twitter.com/lukebidder/statu...32135523893248
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 14-03-19 at 08:14 AM.

vCash
    I know Swansea haven't been great at penalties this season but that's taking it to another level

vCash
    Another clean sheet for Stoke

Three on the trot now, six games unbeaten and only two conceded. The only problem is that we've scored only 4 goals and drawn 5 of those games. So I think Jones has finally got our back 4 settled (Edwards - Batth - Shawcross - Martins Indi) but we have absolutely no creativity/pace up top.

Still lots of work to do for him in the Summer.

vCash
    Scholes resigns at Oldham.... 31 days in charge.

Shame for him really. Sounds like the chairman was being too hands on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Scholes resigns at Oldham.... 31 days in charge.

Shame for him really. Sounds like the chairman was being too hands on?
    Yep, the chairman is an arse! He constantly sticks his nose in to team affairs, ask for the french players he brought in from French non league to play in the games and has is brother as the guy overseeing transfers.

What I don't get is Scholes will have known this as it happened with every other manager so far and ex players have reported this on twitter, etc. He was obviously promised things and that didnt happen but since Scholes as been in charge we've won 1 in 7. He didnt make any difference on the pitch to what we had before. I would of expected the players to be up for it playing under Scholes but they couldn't be arsed , so they are just to blame for this situation.

Listening and reading to our fans reactions, it sounds like there will be a protest tomorrow at home to Tranmere and could very well end up going the way Blackpool did with Oysten. My protest tomorrow will be heading to the ground but staying in the pub instead of paying to watch the game.

It really is doom and gloom at the moment for my club.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hornbloweroafc For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I think that's it - He was made promises and went in hoping they'd be fulfilled. Sums it up that he's resigned before he's even had the chance to bring his own players in at the end of the season too.

vCash
    It's hit my betting plans. Oldham are bottom of the form table and Tranmere are top - Tranmere were somehow 5/2 (3.50) the other day, now only 15/8 (2.88). Still worth a go, like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I think that's it - He was made promises and went in hoping they'd be fulfilled. Sums it up that he's resigned before he's even had the chance to bring his own players in at the end of the season too.
    We didn't bring him in till after the transfer window shut so he had to work with the players already there. This season as finished for us but was hoping Scholes would get a summer to bring his own players in and then promotion next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    It's hit my betting plans. Oldham are bottom of the form table and Tranmere are top - Tranmere were somehow 5/2 (3.50) the other day, now only 15/8 (2.88). Still worth a go, like.
    Can't believe Tranmere is still 15/8 to win! Won 5 on the bounce and Oldham have only won 1 in last 7.

vCash
    That's my point. He would surely have expected that to happen in the Summer but has jumped even before it got to that stage.

vCash
    Is it a Moroccan that owns Fulham then?

Is it just him meddling with first team matters that annoying fans or anything else?

Welcome to the club of shite owners - Swans have had to put up with these Americans and thier false promises for far too long now. There will be a Swans Trust vote soon and I think this time the vote will be to take them to court which will be a risk and VERY expensive for Swans Trust but should win the case if they can fund it enough

vCash

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The weather did some protesting on Oldham’s behalf - game is off!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Is it a Moroccan that owns Fulham then?

Is it just him meddling with first team matters that annoying fans or anything else?

Welcome to the club of shite owners - Swans have had to put up with these Americans and their false promises for far too long now. There will be a Swans Trust vote soon and I think this time the vote will be to take them to court which will be a risk and VERY expensive for Swans Trust but should win the case if they can fund it enough
    Yeah he's Moroccan former football agent who owns Oldham.

its his interfering and all day running of the club. To be fair to him I think he was let down by previous owners who kept some bills hidden till he took over so as cost him more than he expected. The Oldham supports trust are on board trying to come up with a plan hopefully to get rid but they don't yet have the financial backing to do anything.

The last owners where just as shite. They still actually own the new stand at Boundary Park which is the only thing that draws money 24/7 (has a gym, conference rooms, etc). THe club is in a total mess and I don't see it getting any better. We could end up like Stockport and drop into the non league if it carries on.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647