Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Personal managerial habits/rules

vCash
    New habit - as in I didn't realise I had being doing it - taking off players having a GOOD game to keep their average ratings up

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

GFRay is offline 0102Bet Mod
    Member of the Month
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    New habit - as in I didn't realise I had being doing it - taking off players having a GOOD game to keep their average ratings up
    I always do this when leading by a big margin and the game is in the bag. Sub off the guys with a 10 or 9 to give them an applause sub.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchimont2002 View Post
    Iíll also do a friendly for each international break, a home friendly with only youth players
    I used to do this! Don't know why I stopped, might get back into the habit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    I always do this when leading by a big margin and the game is in the bag. Sub off the guys with a 10 or 9 to give them an applause sub.
    I think I've become a CM Capitalist as I do it even in tight games as higher average rating usually means more potential sales prospects

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    I used to do this! Don't know why I stopped, might get back into the habit.
    👍👍 I always Imagine it gives the fans a chance to see the next generation 😂

vCash
    I haven't read the whole thread but I am sure other people do this as well..around 22 minutes and at half time/ 67 minutes I check player condition to see if there are any potential knee or groin injuries - these are the ones that end up being out for months so I sub them off as soon as I see it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveV For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
    I check player condition to see if there are any potential knee or groin injuries
    How do you know if there could be injuries like these? The game only gives you a percentage, like this player is at 92%, another at 86% etc.

vCash
    If you go into the players profile you can see if they're carrying an injury during the game, it'll say "potential knee injury", "potential groin injury" etc

vCash
    If your a reserve player and you can't be arsed to train well, piss off.

Release on a free

vCash
    Hmm you all have OCD. I don't really have fixed things, except GK as sub1, always

I'm not likely to sign 30+ guys and determination lower than 15 guys. Unless when I'm at a lower league club or a club without finance, you'll take any good free signing even if they are 35+ with 4 determination

vCash
    In game every year at 26 august update some team reputations by savegame editor. E.g previous year a very small club became champion or qualified for Europen cups, i respect their success,i always want that they are being succesfull, but i want that big AI teams to sack its manager and hire new manager from this succefsul team.

Again i check some new regens of star players, i clear his unlogical like-dislike clubs. Eg. tevez,higuain messi regen like ''Erchim/mongolia-KR rejkavik, or AL hilal sudan -spartak pleven together.
    If top player's regen is free, i always add him to my shortlist. But i don't sign him, if a club like Karpaty Lviv or Petro Luanda wants to sign Chiellini's regen, i immediately offer him contract, when the time comes to join, i delay, after two weeks again i delay. I let clubs to sign him from his own region. In future better to buy Chiellini's regen from Siena,Salernitana,Padova, Bari, Bastia,Monaco etc....
    until the end of september almost all regens reborn again. At 27 sep. i check regens by cm scout.. by save game editor i do same cleaning likes/dislikes or editing age if needed.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to scemoka For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I try not to sign players over 21 years old. I'll make an exception if there's a glaring need that a young player cannot address in the proper way.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Magus978 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    At the start of each season I get physio reports on my entire squad and make a list of all that say "In his report, physio [name] has indicated that he believes [name] will rarely succumb to injury."
    If they are unlikely to break down in training that means you can push them harder, so all these players go into a training group called 'wrs', irrespective of their actual position (apart from goalkeepers, who need their own group).
    One of the players in the group gets a manager note, set to activate in a month, as a timer. Each time it activates I renew it and change the settings in the wrs group.

It's important to build up the fitness in preseason, so I always go with setting 1 first, then rotate.

1: Fitness intensive, other three medium.
    2: Tactics and shooting intensive, other two medium.
    3: Tactics and skills intensive, other two medium.
    4: Shooting and skills intensive, other two medium.
    Then back to 1.

Their match fitness figures drop about the same as everybody else in preseason but recover during the friendlies and after that they seem to cope well enough.

Recently I picked up a couple of goalkeepers who were wrs. I set up a 'wrs gk' group for them, always keeping goalkeeping as intensive and alternating between skills and tactics as the other intensive. There have been some match fitness issues in this group though, so perhaps I need to concentrate on their fitness preseason and drop goalkeeping back to medium for that first month. The main wrs group seems to work well enough though.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:

baw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    I do it too, but only in the last part of the season and I usually do it with the players who could win prizes at the end of the year.

vCash
    I always hire new coaches when I end up a season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxx View Post
    I always hire new coaches when I end up a season.
    Is it just for superstition, habit, or does it have a technical reason?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baw View Post
    I do it too, but only in the last part of the season and I usually do it with the players who could win prizes at the end of the year.
    Glory hunter
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

baw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Glory hunter

25. The Following User Says Thank You to baw For This Useful Post:

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112