Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Challenge 16 - Les Rosbifs

vCash
    Thanks James for answering my questions.

The trick I was talking about is the one that consists in gradually increasing the price of the footballer until the interested club is no longer interested, knowing that that is the maximum price they are willing to pay.

In another order of things, I'd like to know if we are allowed to use downloaded tactics and if we can make transfers without having scouted them.

I am looking forward to try some of the challenges that I have found on this website.

Once again, thank you very much for your responses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aharo View Post
    Thanks James for answering my questions.

The trick I was talking about is the one that consists in gradually increasing the price of the footballer until the interested club is no longer interested, knowing that that is the maximum price they are willing to pay.

In another order of things, I'd like to know if we are allowed to use downloaded tactics and if we can make transfers without having scouted them.

I am looking forward to try some of the challenges that I have found on this website.

Once again, thank you very much for your responses.

The trick I was talking about is the one that consists in gradually increasing the price of the footballer until the interested club is no longer interested, knowing that that is the maximum price they are willing to pay. - Don't really think that is a cheat so think you are ok

In another order of things, I'd like to know if we are allowed to use downloaded tactics and if we can make transfers without having scouted them. - This is fine unless there is specific rules in the challenge that you can't, lots of challenges have rules on tactics but if they don't specify then you are ok

vCash
    Gave this a go yesterday on the 3.9.68 database (with a 2002 start date, since that's accurate for that data).

Was a feeling a bit lazy so went with a plug-and-play tactic:
    Spoiler!

Here are my transfers:
    Spoiler!

In goal I was worried about how Rhys Evans would do, but he did better than expected after joining from Chelsea for 1m. He made the Premier League Team of the Season whilst conceding 46 in 65 games in all competitions.
    Spoiler!

(65 played / 46 conceded) x 10 = 14 points

Lescott (Wolves, 3.2m) wasn't superb in the average rating stakes, but did make plenty of tackles which is what we're after so fair enough!
    Spoiler!

3.0 average tackles x 10 = 30 points

After a protracted saga around Joe Cole ended with West Ham even refusing 20m for him after I'd sold a few fringe players, I turned my attention to Steven Reid, picking him up from Millwall for 6m. He started off a with a run of goals out wide, and when Pires and Ljungberg returned from their early-season injuries I worked them into the wide areas and got Reid more games centrally to help him rack up more assists as this tactic was more about through passes than crosses.
    Spoiler!

8 assists = 8 points
    2 MotM x 3 = 6 points

Up front I got Dean Ashton from Crewe for 2.5m, and he was superb, hitting 26 goals in 50 games.
    Spoiler!

26 goals = 26 points
    3 MotM x 3 = 9 points
    4 YPotM x 10 = 40 points

We scooped the Premier League and the FA Cup - a memorable double, denied a domestic treble by Man Utd defeating us in the League Cup. Of course none of that matters for the challenge but just to give some context :-)

Total points: 133

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567