Thread: Throw In

Throw In

I've just editing in a new player into the database.

I set his CA and PA at 1 and changed all his CA related values to 2 except for 3 (Tack, Pos and Mark)

When I started the game it automatically adjusted these CA related attributes up to 4 (obviously no problem with this). The only difference being Throw Ins, which it moved up to 9. This is the second time I have done this and in the first time the Throw In Value was moved up to 9, while the other stayed at 4.

Any thoughts on this?

yeh Thrown Ins automatically jumps up a few points if the guy has biceps over 24 inches, reduce this in the editor down to 17/18 and it should fix it

Maybe he was from Stoke academy?

What CA did you give him?

I gave him 1 CA.

Great work on the Van Nistrelrooy To Madeira thread btw. Is there still any discussions going on with it? I've got a couple of questions I'd like to ask

Quote Originally Posted by PeterWarne View Post
    I gave him 1 CA.

Great work on the Van Nistrelrooy To Madeira thread btw. Is there still any discussions going on with it? I've got a couple of questions I'd like to ask
    That's why the throw-ins was 9 The lower the initial CA, the higher the values of Throw-ins and One-on-Ones. (That doesn't go to such an extent for the rest of the atts, but the att-generation process at game-start is wonky as a rule )

You can ask here if you want

Ok, I'm always thinking of different ones.

Btw, if you can't be bothered to answer for whatever reason, no problem.

Since the beginning of the game I've been rather interested in all areas of training. I've read the training thread on this forum.

The interest in training of course bought me to CA and PA stats.

Anyway I'll shoot with some questions.

1. Can you tell what a players max possible attribute value would be from his stats in the editor at the beginning of the game? Either for a CA15 stat or a non CA15 stat.

2. This question may have already been answered (it is sort of to do with the positional att leap at age 30). Say a player has reached his PA, does this mean his CA15 stats cannot be improved upon at all? Say we are talking about a defender who's CA has reached his PA and his tackling is at 18 and finishing at 8. If you stopped him training shooting and it dropped to 7 would that open up a chance to increased the tacking att by 1 point?

3. What do you think the actual effects of training are? Could it be that a player of CA100 PA 170 will always improve as long as he gets games. Maybe the training might affect the speed of how quickly they get to PA170?

4. Non CA15 stats. How does the engine decide how these are improved or not, if they are not influenced by the PA stat.

thanks

Ps Saw a player with 116 value for decisions the other day. Think he was Vieira's regen on ODB.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterWarne View Post
    Ok, I'm always thinking of different ones.

Btw, if you can't be bothered to answer for whatever reason, no problem.

Since the beginning of the game I've been rather interested in all areas of training. I've read the training thread on this forum.

The interest in training of course bought me to CA and PA stats.

Anyway I'll shoot with some questions.

1. Can you tell what a players max possible attribute value would be from his stats in the editor at the beginning of the game? Either for a CA15 stat or a non CA15 stat.

2. This question may have already been answered (it is sort of to do with the positional att leap at age 30). Say a player has reached his PA, does this mean his CA15 stats cannot be improved upon at all? Say we are talking about a defender who's CA has reached his PA and his tackling is at 18 and finishing at 8. If you stopped him training shooting and it dropped to 7 would that open up a chance to increased the tacking att by 1 point?

3. What do you think the actual effects of training are? Could it be that a player of CA100 PA 170 will always improve as long as he gets games. Maybe the training might affect the speed of how quickly they get to PA170?

4. Non CA15 stats. How does the engine decide how these are improved or not, if they are not influenced by the PA stat.

thanks

Ps Saw a player with 116 value for decisions the other day. Think he was Vieira's regen on ODB.

In the non-Tapanified game a CA-att is improved by 18 intrinsic points. (Goes for every one but Anticipation and Creativity.) That the effect of training on intrinsic atts. Apart from that, they increase as CA increases. I would say that both the intrinsic value (the one you see in the GK Editor, like the 116 you saw the other day) and CA play a part in the match calculations, but I think that the main weight falls on the former. When these 18 points are gained AND when max CA is reached, you can't do anything more with the player to my knowledge. But it might merit testing.

Non-CA atts improve by 3 points through training. Goes for all the physical ones (except Stamina and Strength for very young guys, which shoot up around their 18-th year, especially strength), also Teamwork and Technique. Determination and Workrate improve through warnings/fines for poor performance each time a player gets a match rating of 5 or less. Professionalism (hidden) improves through warnings/fines for lack of professionalism every time a player shows poor attitude in training. You can obviously induce poor ratings by giving your reserve team a shitty tactic and sticking some guys there whom you want to improve. As for Professionalsm, there may be a way too, but I haven't found it yet.

I am sure you will

Hi Trip
    thanks for the reply.

I'd like to ask a question about key attributes.

For DCs, DMCs and Strikers I can understand the 2 or 3 key attributes which need to be high.

DC (Tackling, Marking, Positioning)

DMC (Positioning, Tackling)

SC (OTB, Finishing)

(Goalkeepers seem pretty obvious too being Handling, Pos, Reflexes)

However I've had problems working out what the key attributes would be for Full backs, MCs and AMCs (I'm ashamed to say I rareyly use wingers so don't worry about them)

Actually with Full backs I have had success with good Tackling, Positioning (with high Pace and Acc as non CA stats) but I'd be interested what you thought the most important attributes are.

MCs and AMCs are where I have most problems. Whenever I read a guide to attributes of these positions the list is always so long, sometimes up to 10 items. If fact often they never even mention MCs and just give attributes for DMCs and AMCs.

So what would you think the 2 or 3 key attributes would be for these players?

I've got a couple of images of players which I tried to upload but can't get it working atm

Well, I got it working. For some reason the insert image button didn't work and I had to do it manually.

Anyway.

I bought this guy. He's nothing special, averaging about 7.3. I thought he might do something good, but no.

I bought this guy and he's really useless. I thought his passing stats would make him a great AMC.

This guy has some fantastic stats in passing. So I think I'll buy him and try him out.

Now this guy has been fantastic. Great tackling and positioning. He averages 8.5. If only I could find MCs and AMCs like him
    Last edited by PeterWarne; 29-06-13 at 10:28 AM.

Depends on your tactic mostly, I'd say.
    Great positioning will always get great ratings. Always - so that's not news. As for outlandish passing - no need, intrinsic values of around 30 are quite enough. As for creativity, 50+ for intrinsic value will yield a very high avg. passes/game, and if it's combined with some other nice (but not crazy) atts, you get a great playmaker. Something that really jumpstarts an MC/AMC's game is a playmaking instruction, combined with set pieces/corner-taking. The MC has to have a forward arrow however, and the AMC playmaker would do better without one in my experience.