Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Performance

Poor Performance

I have a regen Brazillian Defender, has excellent attributes and looks to be the best defender in the game, currently around 10 seasons.

despite the amazing attributes in every game he makes NO tackles, NO headers and gets a match rating of 5 or 6 every time he plays, for the life of me i cant work out why.

If someone can tell me how to do a screen shot I'll add it to the post, I'm assuming he has such good stats that even though hes a defender his stats would make him a better midfielder/attacker and thats why hes so crap in defence, any idea why please let me know, confused....

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

He probably has nothing to do.
    The Brazilian defender not Dermo!

That happens quite often for me. Some defenders could have excellent attributes and never commit to a tackle and average at around 6.5.. And other could look like crap but averages 5+ tackles a game at an 8-rating avg. In the same position and the same tactic.

to do a screenshot I go to imageshack.us, upload and then insert the hyperlonk "for forums" the site says you need to register but you can avoid this by pressing "stop" on the browser before the box appears. I think there is another site too.
    One of the reasons a good defender gets no input is if the other defenders do all the work for him. This particularly affects my tactic with three central defenders, the two widest man-mark and the middle one generally sits and twiddles his thumbs all game. I dont know what tactic you use, but it may be something similar.

I know there are others where people have dedicated time and resources into meticulous research but I might as well shamelessly plug my own thread which I copied straight out of a book http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...-Attributes-do while I am here
    Last edited by ilovesanmarino; 26-06-13 at 10:35 PM.

tried to do screen shot

tried to do screen shots yesterday but havent appeared yet, will try again

Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Are you winning really easily? Same thing happens with Goalkeepers that have nothing to do. With defenders, if you have a DMC and he's got a really high average rating, the tendency is for the DC's average rating to decrease. Also, Defenders who man mark seem to average higher than those that don't. Any half decent wib-wobbed tactic has everyone on Zonal marking.

Are you using Easy or Hard tackling?

And lastly, is he playing in the middle of a back 3?

6.8 isn't terrible over the course of a season for a centre back. Like many are saying if you're in a winning team and he's not got much to do, a 6.8 average is more than okay.

Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

And one to add to the Personal Habits thread, give the man a common name!!

This site is fun - http://www.minimalsworld.net/BrazilName/brazilian.shtml - Glauber Borges returns Glaubisco

Fodaldo is legndary

Can you up-load your save, I can have him averaging 8.+ in one season easy. I've been crying out for a DC like him

I generally win every trophy each season, 14 seasons in and have 1.12B in the bank, during the summer I take over other big prem teams and sign the best players for them just to try and get some competition!

Heres my league history, formation and team instructions, both CB's man mark, 3xDMs are zonal. went 4 seasons without losing a game, try everything to make the game harder, even took over Oxford Utd in theis game and got promoted every year and finished 3rd in Prem in the first season with them, the game is just too easy, but still addictive.

I have found (i think) the regens for messi, ronaldo, Rooney, Villa, Enrique, yaya toure and more in this game, regens are easy to find, would be better if the game generated random new players, its simple to watch players getting old and waiting for them to retire, you know when to look for regens of each player due to retirement. any help to make the game more challenging appreciated.

Is this formation a cheat formation? havent downloaded it or copied, used attacking 5-3-2 default then moved a couple players and their runs, thanks

If you really want to get high ratings for this defender, get rid of all of your other decent players and change them for journey men. Set up an ultra defensive log ball tactic and watch as he gets MoM award every game.

Alternatively, just be happy chalking up the wins and don't worry too much about individual player ratings.

its not so much individual ratings, its understanding why?

I've seen a lot of def with excellant stats not making tackles and getting lower match ratings, all other def in this squad are making 2.5 to 4.2 av tackles but arent as good players (as good stats)

Also seen att which really poor stats getting 25+ goals a season, and other great players getting under 10, have tried with my squad, bought one guy from league 2, awful stats but scored 32 goals, but him in my team and scored 44 in prem.

Just trying to understand the attributes, for most players crap attributes = crap player, but there are a few cases where crap attributes = great player and great attributes = crap player

Just trying to find out why? is it the hidden attributes that make a real difference?

Great Tactic plus Shit players - Champions

Its all in the tactic

Quote Originally Posted by gavin95coop View Post
    its not so much individual ratings, its understanding why?

I've seen a lot of def with excellant stats not making tackles and getting lower match ratings, all other def in this squad are making 2.5 to 4.2 av tackles but arent as good players (as good stats)

Also seen att which really poor stats getting 25+ goals a season, and other great players getting under 10, have tried with my squad, bought one guy from league 2, awful stats but scored 32 goals, but him in my team and scored 44 in prem.

Just trying to understand the attributes, for most players crap attributes = crap player, but there are a few cases where crap attributes = great player and great attributes = crap player

Just trying to find out why? is it the hidden attributes that make a real difference?

Only consistency and important matches really matter i think, Although saying that I have had a player with 1 for important matches still be outstanding.

Most important thing is that a player has attributes for the position he plays. In my Nottm Forest side I have a drc that I picked up on a free, only has reasonable stats other than some of the important ones which are Heading, Jumping, Tackling and positioning. These are all in the high 17-20 region. The rest of his stats are shit and for a good reason - he has a low CA/PA i think when I looked it was 85/96 but the guy is just a beast (although he is a bit of a dirty bugger picking up lots of bookings)

I do not believe this happens because of reasons like "Winning really easily" or "other players doing all the work".

It must have something to do with some hidden attribute(s). In my 3-2-2-2-1 I only use one DC. A good DC would put in 4.5-6 tackles on average over a long period (half a season to a season) and another DC with similar attributes would end up with an average under 2 and get poor ratings.

With DCs you never seem to know what you're gonna get. That's why I tend to buy DCs with a high tackles/game-ratio (and if possible, decent attributes).

DC position, terrible ratings

Whatever tactic I try to use, my DC's always perform terribly.

As of the moment, I'm using 4-1-2-2-1 and Im pretty happy with it except that I'm really conceding too many goals because of my centar defenders who can't even get a 7 !!

Here is the screenshot.

P.S

My settings at home are: Attacking, short, pressing, offside trap.
    At guest: Normal, direct, pressing, offside trap.

How is your form, are you top of the table? Post a screenie of the table

Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    How is your form, are you top of the table? Post a screenie of the table

The league itself is not that big of an issue because I can win it easly because my team scores tons, but in CL for example is where the real problems begins. I cant get past semis, I concede so much, especially away. Cant figure out what I have to do for my central defenders play just a little better than 6,70, 6,80 etc...

Btw, I play without w/wball settings.

What is their averages for the European games?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast