Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ... 70767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2233

Thread: UEFA Champions League

vCash
    Isn't Kane out for a while?

Only seen the scores this morning so didn't watch the games nor seen any highlights yet. Surprised by the manner of Chelsea's defeat and looks like Celtic gave it a go against Bayern. Think I got that scoreline right in Super 6 too

vCash
    Kane trained yesterday.

Prob doesn’t need to play as Spurs pretty much through and wouldn’t want to risk injury but I think he wants to play and show himself on the ‘world stage’

vCash
    Juventus v Tottenham

FC Basel v Manchester City

Porto v Liverpool

Sevilla v Manchester United

Real Madrid v PSG

Shakhtar Donetsk v Roma

Chelsea v Barcelona

Bayern Munich v Besiktas

vCash
    Toughest possible draw for Real madrid, not unexpected.

vCash
    Happy with that - I may try and go!

Good draws for NW clubs - tough for London clubs

RM v PSG will be a cracker

vCash
    Really enjoyed the Chelsea v Barcelona game last night. How unlucky was Willian to hit the post twice? Glad he got the goal in the end. Poor mistake from Christensen though, shame after he'd played so well.

vCash
    Willian is top class when he's on it

Bayern through already!

vCash
    Yeah I've always liked Willian, think he was very underrated when he first joined Chelsea!

Draw for Man Utd last night then. Sounded like a negative game but they'll surely get the job done at Old Trafford.

vCash
    They were tragic until Martial and Rashford came on

vCash
    Good to see Rashford back actually, thought he'd been a bit quiet for a while.

vCash
    Rashford is an amazing striker. I hope one day he gets to play in the Harry Kane position for Man Utd instead of alternating between the bench and playing as a winger. And I say this as a very non-Man Utd fan. Rashford is just great. I also have high hopes for McTominay.

vCash
    That's what I think too, DanishToon. He needs to be playing up front instead of dumped on the wing. I don't think he'll get as much game time now that Mourinho has Alexis and Martial for the left so it looks like he's backup for Lukaku at the minute?

vCash
    Have any seen the game from Man Utd last night? Sevilla looked really willing and amazing. Hard to believe it'\s the tea m which lost to the likes of Eibar 5:1 lol. Where does it put Man Utd? Aren't they just embarassed? They outperformed Man Utd massively and it's a) De Gea who saved us, b) referee was poop as Sevilla should have won that game.

Draw would have been good result IF that was Man Utd of OLD. Current Man Utd should rise alarm, not really optimism. After all Man Utd can lose to Newcastle lol.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/info0
    Twitch.tv: infonator07
    Twitter: info0

Donators welcome

vCash
    What about you info0, do you want United to advance to next round?

vCash
    Course you'd want them advance. Can't see any style/Mourinho changes whether they progress or not so I'd rather see us grind/lockbox something and win. At least might keep de Gea there awhile longer

vCash
    Well, doesn't matter to me. Champions League is just stupid and as fraud as ever and from next season, it's value as merit of football strenght will vanish even more.

You know, it should be renamed already to Rich League or Bourgois League, because it has nothing to do with CHAMPIONS.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...2398899.html#/

So UEFA decided from season 2018 to 2021 we will have 4 spots guaranteed from Spain, England, Italy and Germany. That's 16 spots taken from the get go.

• The UEFA Europa League winners will automatically qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage (currently they can potentially play in a play-off)

so 1 more spot taken. That's 17 teams.
    15 teams will have to battle for remaining spots in Qualification.

Screw that shit. Like I said on Shoutbox what's the excitement watching 6 El Classicos in 1 season. It gets dull and boring. Like any other game now. Same old teams with highly predictable winner at the end.
    Also starting with new season the times of when matches are played will be changed to: 18:55 and 21:00. Remember this.

Football is broken, not exciting and it won't be, until new rules are applied globally. Ever since big money got involved in football, it stopped being sport. It's started to become charade for shady business. =]
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/info0
    Twitch.tv: infonator07
    Twitter: info0

Donators welcome

vCash
    Completely agree - fecking joke

vCash
    Those 4 spots from Spain, England, Italy and Germany were already guarateed. They don't play each other anyway. Do you think that the 4th placed team in those leagues would trip against some team in Eastern Europe in play-offs? It would have been dull and boring to see them play against some small team when we already know the outcome. I think the Champions League should be about the big, rich clubs just as ICC is because when these teams meet each others is a pleasure to watch. I can't wait for the quarters or the semi-finals as there is the best football we can get.

vCash
    I think the issue is clubs like Ajax/Red Star Belgrade/Steaua have no chance of winning it now when they did before as money has killed the game as a level playing field

vCash
    Yes, but in the end it's because players act like bitches and run after money and fame from a young age. Steaua won it in '86 because those players couldn't move abroad because of the comunist regime. Money will always be part of the game but gratitude for the home club that raised you is the part that is fading.

vCash
    Not exactly hard to chuck a wage cap on it though is it

Only issue is someone will try and find a loophole

vCash
    Chelsea were never gonna win last night! Had some unlucky calls from the referee though.

Man Utd were poor, Rashford trying to do too much and thinking he's Ronaldo with some of his crosses/free kicks. N'Zonzi bossed it, we never replaced him at Stoke

Shakhtar player booked for pushing a ballbag over the railings. How was he not sent off?!

vCash
    At least Chelsea give it a good go - they had Barca on the rocks a lot and if they got 1 they could have gone through

Defensive lapses and a 'mare from GK put pay to that though!

Man U were awful home and away - should have lost something like 7-1 on agg which isn't a joke. Sevilla play some lovely stuff but not as clinical as they should be - they are in MINUS goal difference in la Liga as well so always give up chances

N'Zonzi was awesome

Saw the Shakhtar guy and he was lucky

I'd like Roma/Sevilla next please

Have a feeling we'll get Bayern though

vCash
    FC Barcelona is a very good side, but Chelsea hit the woodwork 4 times and were robbed of a penalty. Also they played without a keeper in the second leg. Things could of been a lot different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    FC Barcelona is a very good side, but Chelsea hit the woodwork 4 times and were robbed of a penalty. Also they played without a keeper in the second leg. Things could of been a lot different.
    Very true. I've felt in the last 3 years that Courtois has been nowhere near as good as he was during his spell at Atletico.