Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 758182838485
Results 2,101 to 2,107 of 2107

Thread: UEFA Champions League

vCash
    Wll,flares and pyro are banned...even in our league...but,you must keep in mind one thing about Serbia, that fans group of Red Star are very well organized in other fields of economy,if i can say...they are very close with government peoples, they do some dirty work for them.Also,main profit is drugs and other illegal activities.As we speak, ultras of Red Star alredy own 2 football clubs in Belgrade.One club is now officially Red Star B team,called FK Graficar,an old pre WW2 club with stadium in the richest part of Belgrade,and they play in the 3rd tier.The other club is formed this year and it is called FC Gladiator,and they now building new stadium with artificial grass on the site of the one old extinct club.
    You see, being ultras in Serbia means you drive newest BMW,going to birthday parties of the highest Police officials,etc...so entering the flares inside the stadium isn't a big deal at all.
    In the CL there will be no flares or pyro for sure,cause UEFA will kick us out as you blink.
    I am sure you can't imagine how Liverpool is popular in Serbia.The most popular foreign club no doubt.Thousands of people follow Liverpool games,wear Liverpool jerseys,shirts...Believe it or not,even i know the whole song You'll never walk alone,although as i remember myself i was Man Utd fan.
    If you are coming to Belgrade to watch the game,you will enjoy...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to djole2mcloud For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well pyro is illegal on swedish games too, yet this happened when the speaker said that there would be no game if anyone burned pyro in the stands.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Plenty more random winners in the 80's, 90's etc and more teams on a level playing field than now. I find it pretty boring watching the same teams in semi's etc - at least last year Roma and Liverpool changed it up somewhat
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    But the economic reasons you mentioned are strangling the rest of Europe for financial gain, not for for footballs gain. Which means the competition is far far less competitive than 15 years ago. It's at its least competitive stage ever. Sure, young players are now snapped up earlier and earlier by bigger clubs (not just the really big clubs) but this is nearly down solely to reverse economics at play - what benefits the big clubs is anti the smaller clubs. Ajax of 1995/96 are a a bit of an enigma, but their manner of creating a squad as they did will never be created again outside of the big 4 leagues. Or even within the Big 4 leagues. Never. The margins for success and failure of any club outside of UEFA's elite clubs (deemed elite based on the money they can generate for UEFA) means they can no longer offer any sort of competitive economic package to keep players longer, meaning they'll never be competitive in Europe. Bigger clubs will always buy / take players from smaller clubs, that how things work, no issue there. The gap that UEFA are creating between the elite clubs and the traditionally big clubs is becoming uncontrollable and unmanageable and simply unfair. The thing is, UEFA are making all these decisions to make money for themselves, their sponsors and for the already super rich clubs without any say or involvement on how it affects the league of a nation they deem not part of their little gang. They created this mess by where the clubs they govern now govern them to extent as they are terrified of them forming a European Super League outside of their remit.
    I have done some reading lately for a thesis I am currently writing. And I actually think that a decent part of the blame should be on the Bosman ruling. Not only it decided that a player could leave for a new club within the EU for free when his contract expired, it also declared that the so called "3+2 rule" was in breach with the EU law. When the 3+2 rule was abandoned, it meant that the top clubs in Europe could allocate the best players from all the other countries in a way that wasn't possible before. Premier League is probably the league which has benefited most from this and it is safe to say that no PL team would even be close to going far in the CL in the latest years if the rule were still in effect, given the lack of quality in English football players these days.

No need to say UEFA was against all parts of the Bosman ruling, but if you see a professional football player as a worker, the EU rules about free movement will apply and thus "destroying" the mercantilist rules that made teams like Ajax able to compete before.Restriction on the number of foreign players is part of what made that the likes of Real Madrid, Juventus and Manchester United couldn't get the best talents from around the world but had to rely on talent from their own country. Hence made the game some what more equally competitive.

And besides, seems like another UEFA tournament is on its way, for those teams below the level of Europa League. Bet there will be a lot of competitive games in there!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The Bosman and 3+2 rule have indeed had huge impacts. I'd say the 3+2 rule even more so. It's called a free market or whatever but realistically it's football's adoption of the worlds biggest ponzi scheme, capitalism

vCash
    Any good games last night? Spurs were leading 1:0 when I set off for the Stoke match!

Then saw Shaqiri and Choupo-Moting coming on as subs

Redknapp69 is online now Soccer Manager - Division 1 Title/Cup
    Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Pool/PSG was a belter

I switched off when Spurs leading - bad loss given Barca next but at least Untiti will be suspended

Haven’t seen rest of highlights yet on other gabds but good draw for Belgrade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Any good games last night? Spurs were leading 1:0 when I set off for the Stoke match!

Then saw Shaqiri and Choupo-Moting coming on as subs
    What the frick?!?!
    How in the blue blazes has he ended up at PSG?!

Good Juve Champions League debut for CR7 tonight!!

Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 758182838485