Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 7884858687888990 LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2233

Thread: UEFA Champions League

vCash
    RIP to Redknapp. The guy will probably get so drunk tonight, it's very unlikely he will survive. Congratulations!

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    What a game that was.

The only thing anyone should be talking about is the fourth though. The presence of mind from Trent Alexander Arnold there is off the charts. Not even Origi knew what was going on until the ball was almost on his foot.

The footballing brain to pull that off in that atmosphere, in a game nay a moment of that magnitude is absolutely superb!

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CMCZ View Post
    RIP to Redknapp. The guy will probably get so drunk tonight, it's very unlikely he will survive. Congratulations!
    Still drinking

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash
    Fair game, Liverpool was all over Barcelona. The early goal was very important to make them actually believe in it themselves. Should have got a better result than 0-3 in the first leg too. Barcelona on the other hand, probably the biggest bottle job to be seen. 3-0 from first leg, clean sheet at home, odds were 1.03 that they would advance before last nights game started, and this is how they end up

Messi once again proved he is no big game player. He scores against Zaragoza and Legates in his little comfort zone but becomes invisible when the team need him, same as last year.

Liverpool is probably going on to win it now anyway, I hope they won't but can't really say it is unfair if they do.

vCash
    Amazing stuff, nobody (outside of Liverpool!) gave them a chance, me included.

Even bottled the temptation to just stick a pound at 16/1 for Liverpool to actually qualify before the game.

Well deserved and hopefully they win the thing now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Amazing stuff, nobody (outside of Liverpool!) gave them a chance, me included.

Even bottled the temptation to just stick a pound at 16/1 for Liverpool to actually qualify before the game.

Well deserved and hopefully they win the thing now.
    I did

vCash
    +1

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Can't see Liverpool not winning it now, they should be too strong for Spurs or Ajax if their key players are fit. But a one off game you never know...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    Can't see Liverpool not winning it now, they should be too strong for Spurs or Ajax if their key players are fit. But a one off game you never know...
    Will be weird going into it as favourites; scarier, even. Fancied our chances a bit last year but we were definitely underdogs.

Tournaments Won: 5

vCash
    Saw this one today and had to post it!

WARNING: the spoiler below contains a spoiler from the Avengers Endgame movie!! Don't click on it if you haven't seen the movie and don't want to be spoiled!!

Spoiler!
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    Will be weird going into it as favourites; scarier, even. Fancied our chances a bit last year but we were definitely underdogs.
    Who would you rather play Spurs or Ajax? I'd want Spurs, better the devil you know

vCash
    Who would you rather play Spurs or Ajax? I'd want Spurs, better the devil you know
    I want Ajax, not cos I'm underestimating them, I just think it'd be much worse to lose to Spurs.

Donít even think about losing. Spurs are the team you know how to beat already, Ajax is a bit of the unknown

vCash
    Donít even think about losing. Spurs are the team you know how to beat already, Ajax is a bit of the unknown
    Can understand this

Kane would be back I would have thought.

But I think our expereince (?!) could help v Ajax.

1 off game though and literally anything could happen - 2 legs and I think we would certainly be good favourites

Iím saying Liverpool are big favourites against either and the premiership shows how much better they are than Spurs. Liverpool know Spurs inside out and how to beat them, no one seems to know how to beat Ajax.

Guess this debate is irrelevant now as Spurs look done for!

Iím saying Liverpool are big favourites against either and the premiership shows how much better they are than Spurs. Liverpool know Spurs inside out and how to beat them, no one seems to know how to beat Ajax.

Guess this debate is irrelevant now as Spurs look done for!

Can I take that comment back. Amazing, never been a champions league week like it!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Hell of a 24 hours.
    Couldn't write the script.

Arsenal and Chelsea do it tomorrow and England rules Europe.
    Ironic considering Brexit.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Brillaint for Spurs - glad a few of my mates expereinced what we did a couple of nights ago with such a mad game

bring on the final

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Hell of a 24 hours.
    Couldn't write the script.

Arsenal and Chelsea do it tomorrow and England rules Europe.
    Ironic considering Brexit.
    "They say that truth is stranger than fiction"

vCash
    Two crazy games this week, great to watch as a neutral though

vCash
    Probably not the spectacle neutrals were hoping for but I doubt Liverpool will care.

I thought the penalty was a bit harsh personally but can see why it's given.

Spurs threatened late on but it took them too long to get going really.

Good finish from Origi to settle it, he's scored some important goals this season.

Kane was quiet, maybe he would have been more effective coming on off the bench?

Overall not a lot in the game but Liverpool took their chances.

vCash
    That will go down as the most boring UCL final ever. Referee handed the game to Liverpool after 20 seconds, yawn. Tottenham looked like Burnley making Liverpool win despite not even putting up a good performance.

vCash
    Awful game - we were very poor

Seemed like both teams were knackered. Heat, 3 weks without a game, huge prssure on both teams (more on Pool) and after that first goal I think that also affected it

Handball rule is a joke and needs re-writing. Came off his chest ut the fact is ya don't have your hand waving about in the pen box area which gives the opportunity for a decisions to be made

Spurs didn't really create feck all but Alisson just makes things look easier as well.

We showed how we can play v Barca. Sometimes you don't need to play that good.

We beat the French/Spanish/German and Portuguese Champions along the way - can't argue much about that

Parade today was incredible - lasted about 4 hours - some amazing pics and vids

AMC was there at the game and parade - he'll have a few tales to tell!

Some brilliant games in this season's CL though. From it being very "meh" last few years at least there were some cracking games/results (even group stages)

What other rules are changing next year apart from "guaranteeing" top 4 clubs of the "major" leagues get a place (complete joke IMO)

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    That will go down as the most boring UCL final ever. Referee handed the game to Liverpool after 20 seconds, yawn. Tottenham looked like Burnley making Liverpool win despite not even putting up a good performance.
    Juve Vs Milan in 03, Man U Vs Chelsea 08. A few of the RM or Barca runaway victories all worse. Poor game, far far from the worst.
    Last edited by Dermotron; 04-06-19 at 02:19 PM. Reason: thanks troza

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Handball rule is a joke and needs re-writing. Came off his chest ut the fact is ya don't have your hand waving about in the pen box area which gives the opportunity for a decisions to be made
    Was there no VAR in the final? Surely a decision like that is an automatic review? Don't think he'd have changed his mind though. It really looks like the ball is flicked at him too. Crafty.

Hindsight is foresight for a gobshite but surely starting Kane was tactically and mentally the wrong call? Yes he's an absolute goal machine but Lucas pace to counter attack the Pools high press would have been the call I'd have thought. Even play Lucas wide right so that when Kane pulled someone deep it would have created space inside the full backs (TAA is a rocket though).

Hard to see the Pool win but absolutely delighted for Jurgen Klopp. There aren't many more genuine and nice guys in football.