Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Youth Players

vCash

Surviving on promoted players?

I spent yesterday updating the transfers across the major European leagues, I then decided to start a new game and basically not allow myself to sign any new players but rather rely on players coming through the ranks. The players I start with cannot be sold either but stay until they retire.

Has this been attempted before (it must have been) and if so how did the team get on?

vCash

vCash
    I'm doing this with Man Utd though. Didn't think about signing free youth players, might just restrict it depending on the quality of players coming through.

I also considered using their current 3-4-1-2 formation but given that I have limited defenders I may not do that....

vCash
    Ok, so this isnt the best example...

In my game, the now defunct Real Madrid C are in the lower leagues, with no links to Real Madrid i got them promoted to the top league but then abandoned them to their fate. Rather than plummet back to oblivion, Roberto Martinez picked them up following their relegation, got them promoted and took them to the top of the Spanish prem, duelling with Barcelona and Real Madrid proper, all with a 2000 seater stadium,

But how did he do this, and how, in at least six seasons has he NEVER SIGNED A SINGLE PLAYER??? well because Real Madrid C have the same youth facilities as Real Madrid proper, very quickly the team was filled with 50 players, not allowing the usual awful computer signings, and instead a bunch of loyal, promising youngsters, every time a player leaves, a new youngster seems to generate to keep the squad number maxed out

So if bobby can do it...
    ...so can you!

(I did give him a decent squad to begin with though)

vCash
    First half a season done, injury crisis so far but challenging. Decided to allow signing free youth players and allowing players to leave if they request a transfer. de Gea has been terrible so far conceding a number of last minute goals.

vCash

My academy does not produce any regens

This probably sounds like a dumb question, but currently I'm playing a long-running game and I'm entering season 2048-2049. My training grounds are upgraded to maximum (Top facilities plus youth academy), I've recruited top coaches with high 'working with youth' and 'coaching outfield players' stats and my squad counts about 28 players with enough space in my reserve section, yet for the past 40 odd seasons I haven't produced a single youth player...
    Does anybody knows what could be the reason for this? ATM I'm playing a Belgian club Antwerp BTW and all my coaches are Scottish, English, Italian or Russian. Could this be a problem? Or do your coaches have to originate from the country you're playing in in order to generate youths?

Another very odd observation I've made is whenever I play, no youth players are being promoted but whenever I go on a holiday and let my assistant takes over, youth players do appear.

Thanks in advance.

vCash
    Thats strange, yet again, the process seems to be completely random, I have done the same thing as you did, hired top coaches with "training youngsters" at maximum, top facilities plus youth academy, squads with about 30 to 35 players at max, and still, no youngsters, or very weak prospects.

vCash
    That's interesting. Are you guys completely dominating the leagues that you're in by any chance? I've found that the stronger my club is the less quality regens my club produces, also my scouts don't tend to find any decent youth players either. But when my club is struggling I've had sensational regens get promoted and my scouts uncover all sorts of gems. It's almost as if the game is card coded to help you out when your club is struggling. I've also found that training facilities make no difference in terms of players being promoted, maybe training facilities only make a difference to how much players attributes improve through training...

vCash
    As far as I know, regens are give out at random, weighted by club reputation/facilities. There is no check for who gets the good regens.
    It is a human fallacy to see patterns when there are none. :-)

vCash
    Except when I chose to manage Bilboa you can't have regens if no-one retires (and you cant sign players if all the good ones have already been sold to better clubs). Stupid Basques

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyme View Post
    That's interesting. Are you guys completely dominating the leagues that you're in by any chance? I've found that the stronger my club is the less quality regens my club produces, also my scouts don't tend to find any decent youth players either. But when my club is struggling I've had sensational regens get promoted and my scouts uncover all sorts of gems. It's almost as if the game is card coded to help you out when your club is struggling. I've also found that training facilities make no difference in terms of players being promoted, maybe training facilities only make a difference to how much players attributes improve through training...
    tbf I am currently (and about the past 20 seasons) completely dominating world football, winning every league and cup available, since I'm currently using cmscout to get all the good player. I'm losing or drawing like 2 games each season. Also currently I'm having like a billion dollars in my bank account. But in this same game I managed Aston Villa (England and Belgium are my 2 'open leagues') for about 20 season, being pretty dominant as well and I did get a decent amount of youth players at that club.

Although I have to admit something weird happened to me yesterday after I made this post. I played about 5 seasons with 22 players in my squad to experiment. For 2 seasons nothing happened. During my 3th I suddenly had one (pretty poor) youth player promoted but I gave him a contract anyway. Almost immediately after I had 2 other players coming through the ranks as well.

Could it be that promotion of youth players is somehow attached to whether or not you give them contracts, or is this just a coincidence?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B-real View Post
    tbf I am currently (and about the past 20 seasons) completely dominating world football, winning every league and cup available, since I'm currently using cmscout to get all the good player. I'm losing or drawing like 2 games each season. Also currently I'm having like a billion dollars in my bank account. But in this same game I managed Aston Villa (England and Belgium are my 2 'open leagues') for about 20 season, being pretty dominant as well and I did get a decent amount of youth players at that club.

Although I have to admit something weird happened to me yesterday after I made this post. I played about 5 seasons with 22 players in my squad to experiment. For 2 seasons nothing happened. During my 3th I suddenly had one (pretty poor) youth player promoted but I gave him a contract anyway. Almost immediately after I had 2 other players coming through the ranks as well.

Could it be that promotion of youth players is somehow attached to whether or not you give them contracts, or is this just a coincidence?
    My *guess* would be coincidence. Knowing for sure would be ruining the game, wouldn't it :-)
    A big part of the fun is actually all the bazillion small rules SI games has added there to adjust probabilities like this one. I certainly would not want to find out that 80% of my theories were just coincidences :-)

vCash
    Bilbao is an hard case, I have only done one season with them, and it was easy, then left, five seasons later, they were relegated to second division, due to lack of good players, since most have been sold, and the youngsters were poor in quality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxx View Post
    Bilbao is an hard case, I have only done one season with them, and it was easy, then left, five seasons later, they were relegated to second division, due to lack of good players, since most have been sold, and the youngsters were poor in quality.
    I wonder would it be worth us listing players that are unlikely to ever play for Spain as Basque/Spain instead of Spain/Basque, with the simple reason being to have regens for the likes of Athletic Club and others in future

vCash

Young Players

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place!!!

My first team is full. But I want to sign some young players to boost my reserves as there aren't many in the team. Is there a way around this? I don't want to "drop" players from the first team in there as I am trying to build for the future when older first team players retire etc.

Any advice will be welcomed

vCash
    Send a scout to search for youth players, or get your training facilities upgraded to try and produce some regens

vCash

Talents are not developed

Hi,

Hi i have question about training. I used a lot of difrent traning tactic but my talents attributes don't rise or other player attributes too not depending of club. If i sell player to the other club the Attributes rasise very high but in my club dont. why?

Now i use this trainig. But like i said there ist no big change my players rating don't go up. I use club like real,milan or ajax.
    http://shrani.si/f/3U/ee/43ZxY0jJ/gg.png

vCash
    What coaches do you have?

vCash
    atm default coaches of Milan.

vCash

vCash
    Are u using the 2.19 patch?

vCash

Question Youth Development

Hi Guys,

This has most likely been posted before, but I'm struggling to improve youngsters stats. I'm playing as everton and in to my third season now looking to introduce some of those reserves into the squad. I've bought decent youngster found by my best scout, yet after a year of playing in the reserves all my coaches say that the player is not good enough. These youngsters have quite high stats in certain areas (like finishing for stikers etc..) so I cant understand why the coaches don't like them?

Do I need to just stick them in the first team and hope for the best? I don't really mess with the training but I guess this would help? I did read that putting them on intensive training can help but can make them injury prone.

On a side note I wont the league with Everton in the 2nd season

vCash
    No i dont. It is important?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Philnevillesface View Post
    Hi Guys,

This has most likely been posted before, but I'm struggling to improve youngsters stats. I'm playing as everton and in to my third season now looking to introduce some of those reserves into the squad. I've bought decent youngster found by my best scout, yet after a year of playing in the reserves all my coaches say that the player is not good enough. These youngsters have quite high stats in certain areas (like finishing for stikers etc..) so I cant understand why the coaches don't like them?

Do I need to just stick them in the first team and hope for the best? I don't really mess with the training but I guess this would help? I did read that putting them on intensive training can help but can make them injury prone.

On a side note I wont the league with Everton in the 2nd season
    I use a combination of training and match minutes to improve my most promising youngsters.

For training make sure your coaches are as high as possible in coaching outfield players and coaching goalkeepers attributes, any other high stats are a bonus.

Training schedule for outfield players: MEDIUM, INTENSIVE, LIGHT, INTENSIVE, NONE.

For Goalkeepers: MEDIUM, INTENSIVE, NONE, LIGHT, INTENSIVE.

Try and get young players playing in the first team as much as you can, the more games they have the more likely they are to improve. I try and aim to get young players in before the age of 20 as this is the cut-off age for Champions League registration.

Would like to see a screenshot of your young players.

vCash

evaluating youth players

OK, so for starters, I've never been particularly good at improving young players' attributes. Sometimes I can see a few +1s per season, occationally a -1 too. But I noticed there's a detailed training sticky, so I have to go read that and see what I've been doing wrong. What I'm trying to figure out here is how to choose what youth players to sign up for developing.

Background. I'm managing Kildare County FC, now a couple seasons in irish premiership. Adequate facilities, pretty average coaches and scouts. Top-notch staff won't sign for me. The only way to get a really good coach is as a player/coach, who then reverts to coach after retirement, except with a default part-time contract, which he refuses to turn to full-time! Not sure if that affects their ability to develop players, but the dilemma for me is good part-time staff or crappy full-time staff! My scouts at least have 10s-12s in JPA/JPP, but not much more than that. Overall mediocrity at its finest.

I always sign up or keep youth players that are born with already decent values in what I see as key attributes for their positions. Example, a 17yo DC with jumping 15, tackling 8, positioning 12 is a good candidate - he could do reasonably well for me in the irish league already with these values, and improve further with those couple of points that my training can add to him. However, if that tackling or positioning were down at 3, then I'd probably pass, as I've never been able to raise an attribute from down there up to, say 12 or higher, which is what I'd need to consider him a good player for my club's average standards. Is it actually possible to improve a value by that much over the years, with the right training regime / coaches / facilities?

Also, sometimes my scouts will recommend players as "excellent prospects for the future". When I look at attributes, key ones can be as low as lower than 5! I ignore such advice, I'm basically using the scouts just to remove the fog-of-war and make attributes visible. I wonder if I should be listening to them more?! Since they have access to that internal PA value that I don't have access to. But does it matter that my scouts are average? I.e., is an average scout likely to recommend John Doh regen as an excellent prospect and Maradona regen as a player of some potential?

To conclude, I am basically wondering if one of the reasons I don't see my youths improving hugely might be that I'm promoting naturally born averages with little room for improvement over initially useless players with great potential!

What do you people think about these? I'd love to improve this part of my game. Would be cool to spot and develop a few great players, sell them on to top english clubs, follow their career from then on etc .

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast