Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Youth Players

vCash
    I think you're on the right track. If you look at Eejit's thread, you'll see what he says about training regimes and the magic number (50!), as well as facilities. I've looked at this many times and physical attributes seem uncoachable. As I said on another thread, the only thing that improves is stamina and I'm not even convinced that's down to training alone. As a result, your guy DC with 15 jumping, 8 tackling and 12 positioning would be the sort of guy I'd look at because I would think that I'd improve his tackling and he has physical abilities you can't coach.

There's no indicator of coachability and playing players can make a difference, as sometimes the least professional, laziest players have the most gains. This can also happen with players that regen in their 20's. If I'm playing lower leagues on the most recent updates where technical and mental attributes can be thin on the ground, I always go for extreme physical attributes like acceleration, pace, jumping or strength because if the CA-PA gap is large enough, you can get some improvement technically. Essentially, Skill training, Tactics training and Shooting training can gain big, fitness does virtually nothing.

vCash
    Guys, I try to discover this mystery from 2001 XD

Thanks to this site that allowed me to use cmscout perhaps have come to a conclusion XD

I played a season with Santhią (Serie C2 Italy) with the previous update (2012-2013).

When the game was composed of the rose 0 players. I used to find cmscout young medium potential (000-100), and I made up a shortlist of 23 players.

Players that I hired were all young (18-23 years).

At the end of the season the youth sector has generated more than 10 players.

This happened only in the first year, the year after the players have fallen more and more. When I was promoted to Serie A have not had more players generated.

Give it a try, starting from my suggestion, maybe we can find out if there is a formula (I'm sure there is a formula). In my opinion it is not random: /

vCash
    Hi, hope I'm not diverting things with this post, but I was curious to know if there are many talented young (real) players in thr database, the next batch of top quality players.

I've never gone beyond three seasons before, but i'm currently (in a network game with three others) entering into the fourth season.

Most of the quality players are entering the end stages of their careers at 29-30+.
    There seems to a big shortage of talanted younger players. Maybe they're not showing up on my searches, or perhaps there aren't many in the database?

The latter of course would be understandable.

vCash
    There are thousands in the DB

vCash
    Thanks for the reply fodster. That's fantastic to know. I'm having trouble finding them with the player and staff search though.

vCash
    earlier this year, i had a short (six years or so) stint with msv duisburg in germany. each season, i would get at least 2 youth players promoted and in one year i had 8.

vCash
    Youth players depends mostly on how much long you have squad.
    Less squad = More youth promoted
    Big squad = Less youth promoted

Training facilities is not key factor, i got prove on that many times. One time, played Sweden league and got promoted regen of Ibrahimovic with adequate facilities!

vCash

New youth players every year/season

Hello, guys! I am wondering is there any way i can make the game giving me youth player (maybe 5-10) EVERY season on a specific date (like in Football Manager). I have always wanted to play with my favorite club, Liverpool, only with our own youth players, but that is almost imposible in CM 01-02 because the game is giving youth players/regens on a random bases.

vCash
    The closest thing is to edit some stuff in your editor.

1. Create a new club "Liverpool Youth".
    2. Create the players you want in the future and add them to "Liverpool Youth".
    3. Give your players a future transfer to Liverpool. (Use 01.06.2002 for june 2017, 01.06.2003 for june 2018 etc. etc.)

If you use the las october or april update their might be a club 'Reserves' in the DB. This is also used to transfer youth players in the future to English clubs.

vCash
    In cm 00/01 after start new game, youth players are genereted in 9.9.00 EVE. You can save game in 6.9.00 and try man times go next. I had best results with holiday mode(maybe assistant has an impact?). Few times with maximum data base I had 30 players. After first season, I save the game in 1.7.01 and I use holiday mode. When I didnt get any player I load game and try again.
    In 01/02 sometimes you can get few players from 01.7 to 31.09

CM 00/01

next 5 players

next 3 players

When you choose welsh,irish and scottish as background league, you can get something like this...

Works only in teams from UK
    Last edited by Jagred; 10-04-16 at 08:08 PM.

vCash
    Did you read this thread that you posted in?

vCash

vCash
    Ahh yeh makes sense. Have a read through here Jagred, will answer all of your questions!

vCash
    I suddenly had a thought. Does the amount of players on youth contracts affect the allocation of youngsters?

vCash

Playing youth players too early - good, bad or doesn't matter?

Background - I'm 15 seasons into my current game and managing in the Premier League with my current club for 2 seasons. I bought a young English goalkeeper who is 23 years old and very recently picked for the national team. He has been excellent for me and has all the right stats you'd want in a goalkeeper - anticipation, decisions, agility, handling, jumping etc. I bought him for £1mil and just received an offer for £10mil.

Now I have no reason to sell him, except last year a goalkeeper got promoted through my youth aged 16 years old that looks like he will turn out to be a superstar. He should definitely surpass my current goalie as he already has similar stats with a 7 year age gap. My plan was to keep my current goalkeeper for as long as possible as he is still young and I can keep him as my No 1 for 10 more seasons if I need to. In the meantime let the younger GK develop playing in the reserves and some cup games until he's in his early 20s and his attributes increase to what I am expecting.

However I am tempted to accept the £10mil and select the 16 year old goalie as my first choice now. Because he will be playing 50+ games a season since I'm in all the competitions (league, fa cup, league cup, CL) I'm wondering whether this would negatively impact the development of a young player playing so many games? I don't know whether it makes any difference that it's a goalkeeper as opposed to an outfield player? I know outfield players tend to get 'Exhausted' or 'In need of a rest' next to their Condition if they play a lot of games but not sure if that affects younger players and their performance/development? Any advice? Thanks.

316'sRegen Unattached
    The more the younger players get games the more they develop. Until 24 or so. The only problem you can have with a young player like your keeper there is his stats might look great he could still perform poorly. The hidden attributes can cause this.

I would certainly put the you v keeper on the team to see if he can handle it and I the performance is good over a season then you'll k ow you can sell the current one.

vCash
    I am all for youth and the only way they develop in my opinion is through first team football.

My recommendation would be... keep your existing number 1 for the next season (don't sell). Give 16 year old game time, all the cup games, all the games v lesser opposition. Even sub him on if you have a healthy lead.

if you existing keeper is that good too to have a 10m offer, they will come back when you feel 16 year old is ready and its time to sell..

Another idea woiuld be to keep both, its always good to have two decent keeps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagred View Post
    In cm 00/01 after start new game, youth players are genereted in 9.9.00 EVE. You can save game in 6.9.00 and try man times go next. I had best results with holiday mode(maybe assistant has an impact?). Few times with maximum data base I had 30 players. After first season, I save the game in 1.7.01 and I use holiday mode. When I didnt get any player I load game and try again.
    In 01/02 sometimes you can get few players from 01.7 to 31.09

CM 00/01

next 5 players

next 3 players

When you choose welsh,irish and scottish as background league, you can get something like this...

Works only in teams from UK
    how do we get this?

vCash
    In my last save I played with transfer restrictions allowing to only buy two players per calendar year. Every summer I would get 4+ youngsters promoted even though I was playing EPL. So maybe the amount of transfers you make affects the number of youngsters you get.

vCash

No youth players being promoted

Im currently playing with October 2018 upate and Saturn patch, im 5 seasons into a game and have yet to have 1 player promoted from youth team, no regens/newgens, I only have a small squad and very few reserves, is this a known problem or am I not doing something right? any help would be appreciated.

vCash
    What's your training level?

vCash
    I'm at West ham with top facilities and youth academy

vCash
    I can only think that is a bonus. I've been playing since 01/02 was first released and every single youth player promoted to my squad has been total sh*te. I've got to the point of releasing them without even looking
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

What 'Working with youngsters' att does your assistant manager have? I read somewhere (possibly on here) that this is what determines the quality and quantity of youth players coming through, although there is a strong random element too.

vCash

Develop youngsters

What is the best way to develop youngsters training or playing most of the games or loaning them?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast