Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: World League using the Brazilian League system (Autumn 2013)

vCash

Post World League using the Brazilian League system (Autumn 2013)

Hi all,

I have decided to share what I have been working on. My idea is to have all the top clubs in the world playing in the Brazilian League system. I have replaced the state championships with national leagues, i.e. Gaucho - Bundesliga, Northeast - La Liga, Central - Serie A, etc.

I'm using the original database (3.9.68), so all clubs and staff are from 2000-2001.

In order to sort the clubs from best to worst, I have used their respective in-game reputation. In case of a tie, I used my best judgement in order to decide which club is best. So the most reputable clubs got a spot in the World First League, followed by the Second and Third leagues.

I have also renamed all awards and competitions to reflect their changes. Right now I'm working filling the reserve state divisions with clubs from the respective country, so when the season is over we get proper clubs promoted to the championships (i.e get a French club promoted to Ligue 1 and not a Brazilian club from the state it replaced).

Here are some screenshots. Ideas and feedback is appreciated

Spoiler!

vCash
    That does look like it could be great fun

vCash
    I hope so! I'm holidaying through it now to see if there are any weird stuff happening. I've already noticed that Brazilian managers tend to get all the jobs now... I should fix it somehow

vCash
    Giving 'Nations' Portuguese as a language will help to a degree

vCash
    Wow, looks like lotsof work. Great idea though!

vCash
    Cracking idea

Would be good to use the new Sept data too for this to see how all the BIG clubs compete against each other

vCash
    I know nothing about this sort of thing but I do know that I will be giving it a try once it is available for general release - it looks brilliant!

vCash
    wow that's cool

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Cracking idea

Would be good to use the new Sept data too for this to see how all the BIG clubs compete against each other
    Yeah, I might do something with the new data update once I'm finished with this!

vCash
    The update is going places. I solved the manager hiring problem by giving Brazil as a second nationality to the top managers around the world. It also makes managerial appointments more random, as basically any manager from any nationality can be appointed to any club.

I also have changed standard competitions reputations outside the "World League" to very low values, to match the complete withdrawal of professional clubs from their previous FAs However, the new national championships that replaced state ones have their reputations intact (or slightly adjusted to be more realistic). The World first division is the only competition with max rep.

I've holidayed a couple of seasons, and it seems fine so far. Here are some screenshots:

Spoiler!

Enough screenshots for today! I will keep working on filling the reserve divisions and later on changing the competitions' history.

vCash
    Great stuff mate. Looks like be great to play. Surprised no-one had thought of using the Brazilian for something similar before

vCash
    Must have all been using Brazilians for other things

vCash
    Just brilliant.
    This would make a fantastic story.

vCash

vCash
    This is great! So just to clarify...you have the EPL, Ligue 1, La Liga, Bundes, etc. as regional leagues and then the top teams go into the World League or what?

I was thinking of doing something similar with England. I looked at Brazil also but I don't know enough about the league structures and what happens.

England was a decent choice I though, because all clubs in 4 divisions would still be professional, and everyone played each other twice. I did one with Scotland but you play the same teams all the time and sometimes only 1 or 2 teams get relegated/promoted. The thing with England is the lower leagues would need clubs too. And then the CL and EL would probably have to be turned off, if that is even possible!

316'sRegen Unattached
    Will make a class network game once it's ready

vCash
    Lol, it is almost finished! But I took a break from it for a week or so as I was a bit bored of filling the reserve state divisions with clubs! But it is 95% ready if anyone wants to give it a try!

I installed the new database on my second laptop and I started a new career and got quite hooked! As suggested before, maybe I should have done this with the new update... Worth a thought really!

The main difference between using England or Brazil as the base league are the state championships. It's much harder to do club swaps because of the reserve leagues (state champs). England does not have reserve division, while in Brazil You have to edit one by one, adding the respective state champ to the new club and removing it from the old one.

Anyway I'm happy to see there's interest - it gives me the boost to put my head down and finish what I started

vCash
    Get it done son .

316'sRegen Unattached
    no pressure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Zbimg View Post
    Just brilliant.
    This would make a fantastic story.
    I'm sure on one of the previous forums someone did a story involving a super league. Agreed would make a class story.

316'sRegen Unattached
    Would also be an ultimate network game

vCash
    How is this one going?

vCash
    I'm on holidays without access to my PC - will be back next week

vCash
    Good boy

vCash
    The phrase "eagerly anticipating" isn't enough for this.
    Early Christmas present please

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast