Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 636970717273
Results 1,801 to 1,811 of 1811

Thread: How are you doing?

vCash
    I tend to forget about stories (and when I do check that forums there's so many posts that I don't know where to start and so leave again...), but I always read stuff in here, so in the alphabet thread or this thread would be most likely to see them read by me (and I do enjoy reading long progress post, especially "flavoured" ones for lack of a better word).
    That said, if there's plenty of elaborate updates on a save that's story material in my eyes.

vCash
    Thanks for your answers, they are appreciated and will be carefully considered. Guess for now it's best if I indeed make some more elaborate posts in the Alphabet Game thread and talk about anything else (like a new, quite exciting season with Boulogne finished just now) in here. A separate story is tempting and remains a possibility, but I'm worried I wouldn't be able to keep it entertaining enough and regularly updated. We'll see...

vCash
    Spoiler!

New transfers at Boulogne weren't perhaps the most impressive haul ever, but were nevertheless important reinforcements for my small club. Roser and Robail are youth players, a striker and DMC with good prospects for the future. Janvier, Sanson and Bua, on the other hand, were signed with the first team in mind. Janvier was meant to plug the DMC hole left by the departure of Dawidowicz, while Bua and Sanson would provide more guns in the offensive department. As for Sego, his contract was running out and I decided to bring him in on the fly... At worst, I could always sell him for a massive profit.

We were off to a slightly shaky start in the league: three wins, three draws and two losses put us smack in the middle of the table, not bad, but perhaps a bit below expectations. Soon enough, Europe came calling! Our first and only obstacle on the way to Champions League was Braga. At home we merely drew 1-1 and I was worried our slow start would cost us dearly, but a superb away performance decided the tie in our favour. We were in the Champions League!

Spoiler!

Our league form was ever so slowly improving. Fortunately other clubs had their own problems and in fact only Monaco was consistently picking up wins, staying ahead, but still within reach. We would soon find ourselves leading the chase. Meanwhile, the Champions League draw was relatively favourable: Chelsea was of course a notch beyond what we could reach, and so we lost 0-2 away and held them to a goalless draw at home. Our home fixture with Sporting Lisbon ended in the same result, but we defeated them away and soundly thrashed Dinamo Zagreb 4-0 and 2-0 to comfortably qualify for the next phase, just behind Chelsea!

Spoiler!

Sadly, the draw was terrible: Feyenoord, Roma and Barcelona. We could kiss Europe goodbye, or so I thought. Meanwhile winter was approaching soon. Our only purchase in the transfer window was Nick Taitague, a dynamic midfielder who would hopefully score many a goal for us. In the league, Monaco was clearly running away with the title, while we maintained a rather comfortable lead over third Montpellier. PSG, surprisingly, was in full meltdown mode, spending a long while in the nether regions of the table. I didn't mind. What I did mind was the away 0-0 with Feyenoord... If we can't beat them, then where are we supposed to gain points?

Spoiler!

Things were getting tense. All the games in the league, cup and Europe meant many players were exhausted and constantly required rest. I just barely had enough squad depth to keep up. League was going OK, nothing brilliant, but we usually had just enough of an edge to keep getting more points. We drew quite a lot, but rarely lost. As for the French cup, we lucked out massively, mostly playing weak sides from lower divisions, except for Guingamp who were dispatched in a fine 2-1 away win. Then we smacked Lorient (a National team - see what I mean about luck?) and qualified for the final...

Spoiler!

And that's it. Frankly, while the season was exciting and no doubt a success, not everything is looking rosy. I can't seem to get my midfielders to perform well. Not sure if it's a matter of tactics or personnel, but six assists for a player like Gregory Ettori (20 Passing and Creativity) just isn't good enough. Other midfielders underperform similarly, getting 6s and 7s all the time. Some players like Valencia or Archibald will have to go, as they have been completely unproductive all season. Heck, I might even have to sell Missi Mezu as his constant injuries hamper us significantly.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to navpirx For This Useful Post:

GFRay is offline 0102Bet Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    I've started a YouTube channel where I'm going to post all sorts of CM 01-02 related content like playthroughs, tutorials, tactic video's and whatever is interesting.

I made a new save game on Saturn's latest v4 patch where I'm going to try and bring glory to Crystal Palace. I'm not using any wibwobs in this game as I fancy myself a challenge.

Here's the first part and I hope you enjoy it! (And please leave a like and/or subscribe if you want to )

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Watched the first two parts GFRAY...enjoyed it. I've never used wingers in more central positions myself. Hopefully Zaha can do a job for you. Schneiderlein should do the business aswell.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shambalane For This Useful Post:

Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambalane View Post
    Watched the first two parts GFRAY...enjoyed it. I've never used wingers in more central positions myself. Hopefully Zaha can do a job for you. Schneiderlein should do the business aswell.
    I've just put up part 3 mate!

Edit: Here is part 2 of my Crystal Palace playthrough:

And part 3 that I've posted today:

Last edited by GFRay; 14-02-18 at 06:51 PM.

Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Part 4 is now up:

Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    And here's part 5:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I listened to the first part and I have to say it was interesting. You have a lovely speaking voice. Very fascinating to hear how other people play the game (you are far more forensic than I am), and grateful to have picked up some excellent knowledge I seem to have bypassed from 16 years of playing this game (I like the idea of selecting a first 11 based on determination, work rate etc - I never thought to sort through that, but it makes good sense). I wish you a lot of success with the Eagles and thank you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pickpocket For This Useful Post:

Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickpocket View Post
    I listened to the first part and I have to say it was interesting. You have a lovely speaking voice. Very fascinating to hear how other people play the game (you are far more forensic than I am), and grateful to have picked up some excellent knowledge I seem to have bypassed from 16 years of playing this game (I like the idea of selecting a first 11 based on determination, work rate etc - I never thought to sort through that, but it makes good sense). I wish you a lot of success with the Eagles and thank you.
    Cheers mate and thanks for watching!

I never used to be this forensic and only go with 'household names' until I started reading through the official game manual about all these attributes and what they do. Then I've added some logic to that myself and starting selecting on it. My results immidiately changed and I've never strayed from it again.

vCash
    After 5 promotions in 7 seasons, I finally got one of my local teams Dulwich Hamlet into the Premier League.

I've only been signing Youth Players recommended in scout searches. As anyone who knows much about Youth Players and Academy players on CM, it isn't great and seems to have little relevance to your coaches or facilities! More pot luck.

I've just finished my first season in the PL. I'm going to stick with it for a few seasons, but my best player has started handing in transfer requests and as I cant buy replacements I may start to fall apart if others want out!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JayFlo For This Useful Post:

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 636970717273