Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 697576777879
Results 1,951 to 1,954 of 1954

Thread: How are you doing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    A great mix of photoshop and clip art
    I only got the hang of photoshop in the last year or so.

So I decided to have a bit of craic with it to see what I could do.
    Considering that I cannot draw a straight line and I am in no way artistic, it is the next best thing.
    The only annoying about the story is that I notice when I am editing it and pasting it into the thread a '' character appears sometimes when I use a or write an apostrophe like "doctor's"

I did a bit of research on it and it is caused by a HTML encoding issue?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...nstead-of-nbsp

I would have to put in codes called html entities

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_entities.asp/.

I think I found a work around using notepad++

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3_fls0sE7w

Edit it did not work for me.
    Last edited by fry78; 11-02-19 at 03:50 PM.

vCash
    Great Write up

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gazzas1uk For This Useful Post:

vCash

Leek Town, 2008/9

Second season done at Leek, and it will not be my last here (though I did get a couple of job offers during the season that I rejected - going to win something with Leek before moving on). I didn't expect to challenge for honours this season, but hoped to do at least as good as last season while getting to know my players better. In that sense the season can be called a success, as even thouhg we had a somewhat poor start weended up doing quite a bit better than last year's 13th place.

Spoiler!

After last season finished I finally found two right wingers to fill the holes in the squad, and also strengthened the team with a left back. In the winter "transfer window" a right back was the target, and while none of the four signings have been overly impressive they've done a decent enough job and as they were all freebies I'm not complaining too much. A right back is the taget again this summer though. Apart from them the squad overall was decent, with Toms and Franklin being solid in central defence and attack respectively, while last year's January signing, Dutch goalkeeper de Bruin, established himself as first choice this season and did well. Ben Parker was promoted to the reserve team before last season and promoted to the first team last summer at the age of 16. He may have a lustrous carreer ahead of him, the same can be said for 16 years old Andrew Coleman who came into the reserves less than a year ago and waspromoted to the first team in January.

Spoiler!

A transfer for a right back is arranged for 2 June (and he's got French 2nd nationality so it will go through), and I am very curious as to what I am getting. He was on my shortlist so one of my scouts has at one point regarded him as excellent (his history shows no MoM awards so he can't be there due to being MoM in a game where I had an international u21 player participating - think I only had England, Northern Ireland and Sweden at Derby anyway, not likely to have played Nigeria).

Spoiler!

I'm not expecting a trophy next season, but if we continue the form curve from this year it's possible, and with some very young players already estblishing themselves and doing well they could become key players in a solid team next year. Struggling a bit on the backs though, and there's a lack of offensive minded midfielders (only three who are attacking midfielders, and AMLC Andy Dunn isn't exactly impressing).

Derby ended 17th in Premier League last season, this season they are rock bottom with 12 points. They sacked their manager at some point but that didn't help. They've sold several of my key players and have spent quite a bit of money on deadweight. It's a bit sad, really, I became attached to that squad.
    Last edited by Pegster; 12-02-19 at 08:55 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Decent start to the season, hoping to break into the champions league spots in my 3rd seaon in charge.

chase bank number near me

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 697576777879