Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 778384858687
Results 2,151 to 2,173 of 2173

Thread: How are you doing?

Recent youth products. Think they may be the best I have ever had:

I have never had such a ringing endorsement of a new transfer from the board. No wonder they let me spend 18m rising to 25m on a 19 year old.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bloominada For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bloominada View Post
    I have never had such a ringing endorsement of a new transfer from the board. No wonder they let me spend 18m rising to 25m on a 19 year old.

Looks like a great signing and a bargain too!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Renitor For This Useful Post:

It's the most I've spent in this save. This WBA team are now in our second season in the Prem, pushing for top 6. I've got some fantastic younguns but it's proving a bit difficult to get the next level mature players, presumably til we get in to European competition.

My boy Scholz scored on his debut and got an 8 in a 4-0 away win at Derby. Hope we can go on a good run from here.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bloominada For This Useful Post:

Managed to retrieve my save games from my old laptop and have resumed my Aston Villa game. We retained the League Cup, reached the Champions League quarter-finals, and finished 4th to give us Champions League football again next season. Everything seems to have clicked for me tactics-wise and I'm no longer sucking at the game.

And best of all, Millwall - the team I support - have just steamrollered Division 1 to earn promotion, while Tottenham and West Ham have gotten relegated.

I am living right now.

This screen shows how frustrating this game can be.

The team was doing pretty well, being from first to third all season, one of the best defences, although i was hammered away 6 times, i mean, this good defence conceded over 20 goals only by these 6 games, makes much sense, right? And then, i manage to win 5 times in a row, keeping the second spot from Milwall, but how could i expect this nonsense that came afterwards: i lost 5 games in a row and i am about to try to win promotion in the EPL again, through the playoffs. I never used a previous save when the game clearly mocks me but i seriously thought about doing that. Anyway, i will abandon this save even if i win the promotion, it's just not realistic and not fun anymore.

Update: I drew 0-0 at home and lost 2-1 away so i lost the promotion. 3 consecutive matches at home with no goal scored when i had the best performance there with only 1 game lost which became 3 at the end. I am on to my other save with greek side Paniliakos.
    Last edited by foo_jam2002; 19-09-20 at 10:10 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to foo_jam2002 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by foo_jam2002 View Post
    This screen shows how frustrating this game can be.

The team was doing pretty well, being from first to third all season, one of the best defences, although i was hammered away 6 times, i mean, this good defence conceded over 20 goals only by these 6 games, makes much sense, right? And then, i manage to win 5 times in a row, keeping the second spot from Milwall, but how could i expect this nonsense that came afterwards: i lost 5 games in a row and i am about to try to win promotion in the EPL again, through the playoffs. I never used a previous save when the game clearly mocks me but i seriously thought about doing that. Anyway, i will abandon this save even if i win the promotion, it's just not realistic and not fun anymore.

Update: I drew 0-0 at home and lost 2-1 away so i lost the promotion. 3 consecutive matches at home with no goal scored when i had the best performance there with only 1 game lost which became 3 at the end. I am on to my other save with greek side Paniliakos.
    Yep. Happens to me over and over and over again and it very much spoils my enjoyment of the game.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to F1Krazy For This Useful Post:

We are the Chaaaampions! Baggies win the Champion's League - incroyable!

The Schoz and Woz strike partnership (both aged 22) are bloody splendid. Slightly iffy league campaign finishing 5th after a 2nd place last year but I'm hoping that winning the Champs League will put a stop to the endless issues with players mouthing off to the press about their desired moves to the 'big clubs'.

Have also just accepted an offer of 104m for Martinez, who I've only had for a year. He's very good but that money will buy me 3 30m players.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bloominada For This Useful Post:

The suits have vetoed the transfer of this lad, who may just turn out to be the greatest right back to have ever played the game of association football.

He was going to cost 28m I think. We have 374million in the bank so could burn 30m and it wouldn't make a dent. I may have to flounce to another club...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bloominada For This Useful Post:

Shocking that they would veto what looks like a cracking signing.

Let your scouts take a look at him. I believe that helps avoid vetoing deals. Maybe also offer him important first team status.

Hi kaf, I'm pretty sure I offered him 'important first team player', not sure I had him scouted properly so I'll try that in future. I think the problem was that he didn't have much experience - Granada had played him fairly lightly in Div2. Turns out he's a bit of a sicknote so maybe the board knew something I didn't ;-)

Anyway, I flounced - resigned from West Brom and am now at Atletico Madrid, attempting to bring them back from mid-table obscurity to glory. My, what a terrible squad they had. Awful defenders and for example an AMC on 220k per week, squad rotation status and no better than Championship level! Managed to get Europa League qulaification last season and doing better this season although still a bit inconsistent.

While I'm here, is it possible to request physio/treatment for a player? Have a fabulous MC come through from the youth team but he's had 3 shoulder injuries in quick succession and the physios don't see a problem - I do. At the moment I have him in light fitness training on his own for a couple of months.

A couple of months ago I found my old CM01/02 saves on my ancient laptop and managed to transfer them over to my new PC. I've since been continuing one of my favourite projects:

I let the game run in holiday mode for two seasons and then took the vacant job at Charlton, who'd been relegated in 2001/02 with a record-low 11 points and were languishing in Division 1. After a season of rebuilding, I managed to sign Tonton Zola Moukoko on a "free" transfer (had to pay about 900k of compensation), and in 2004/05 he hit 36 goals and 20 assists as we won Division 1. I'm currently midway through 2005/06, we're comfortably mid-table (though we'd be higher if Scott Parker didn't keep getting bloody sent off...), and I've just put in a bid for Cherno Samba...

Quote Originally Posted by Vrkh View Post
    Surprise, surprise, Dynamo Dresden had to make a travel in the First Round of the German Cup. Non-league outfit Oberhausen didn't try to trouble our man between the sticks once and we missed a first-half penalty, only to score close to the 90th minute: 0-1! Finally, the draw for the next round delivered a home game for us. Against BFC Dynamo (D2), some sort of protest seemed to play a part: 0-2... For the first time in eight years, the demand from the board was a respectable league position. With two new defenders in the desired starting eleven, we gave it a proper go!

Spoiler!

Ukraine had the difficult task to reach the European Championship of 2060, to be held in Spain. Playing Cyprus, Holland (again), Iceland, Malta and Norway twice each would make clear what chances we really had to match the country's hopes of qualifying for a main tournament. After seventy percent of the group games, I think it's fair to say that we are pretty much in balance in terms of winning and losing, which probably will not be sufficient to be above all the nations that are challenging along with us.

Spoiler!
    Finally, the draw for the Second Round of the German Cup contained Dynamo Dresden as a top-flight side. A trip to Offenbach (D2) resulted in a game with goal chances in our favour (4-8) and the well-aimed ones equally divided over both teams (4-4). The outcome that really mattered, was kind of typical CM for me: 2-0... The office crew of the club hoped that we could survive in the German First Division after the first promotion to it under my tenure. A difficult job, I would say beforehand. The start we made was promising and in the end our future became rather unsure.

Spoiler!

To make it all the way to Euro 2060, Ukraine at least had to close a gap of five points to get into the playoffs. Not that easy with just three games remaining. Only scoring a single goal and still keeping a record of unbeaten games alive for about a year, was quite remarkable. Registering three draws and picking up as many points did see us climb a spot from fourth to third, but even the full nine points wouldn't have helped us out. Losing two matches on a total of ten isn't bad at all. However, winning two as well will hardly ever bring you glory.

Spoiler!

Completely forgot to mention last year's First Round of the cup, when we faced SVW Mannheim (Reg) on their ground: 0-2! The very same phase of that tournament now saw us playing non-league Jena on the road and our man in goal went home as Man of the Match: 0-1! Next up were Mnster (D2) in their stadium: 1-3! FC Bayern (D1) at home then and again Dresden's keeper was the best man on the pitch: 0-0 (0-0 aet; pens 3-4)... The most difficult task of the campaign was to stay in the German top division and by breaking a negative club record for the second season running, it was obvious that we were never really near our best throughout 2060/2061.

Spoiler!

In an attempt to qualify for the World Cup of 2062 in Spain, also the hosts of the European Championship in 2060, Ukraine immediately tasted defeat against Romania (A) and France (H). A return to winning ways versus Albania (A) was followed by another victory over Slovakia (H) and a goalless draw after the second confrontation with Romania (H). There simply is no stopping France, so we can only look for the title 'best of the rest' and try to force our way to sunny Southern Europe in the summer via a two-legged playoff. Staying in second place is key for that, of course.

Spoiler!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

Some flaws in the game are beyond my comprehension. So, after the fiasco with my Paniliakos save due to the positioning and creativity bugs (these saves are ruined) i reluctantly came back to my Scarborough save.

Last season i was so close to return instanly to the P.L. but after 5 wins in a row, the game wanted me to lose the next 5, last games. The playoff games were a disaster too, no win there either.

This season i was 1st or 2nd for the most part, no big losses this time but many draws. 20w 15d 7l so far and 4th. A few games before the season ends, the AI started to behave erratically again like it doesn't want me to get the promotion at all.

Away game vs Norwich, we make 0/0 chances even when they play with 10 men, of course we had a player sent off in the first half, theirs was injured at the second half. I take notes and print all final fixtures, tables and player stats, never i encountered a 0/0, especially when the team is in good form.

Next game vs Peterborough away, they have the worst defence, 81 goals in 41 matches, i am already behind 3-0 at the 23rd, Bywater has a 4, i concede an own goal later and i just make it 4-2. I ctrl-alt-delete and i am not even curious to see what will happen in the rest of the season, probably all games lost like in the previous season.

Now, i know, a team can have a bad day or two, but why not Manchester City or Wolves above us? They can't lose and Iversen scores in every game.

Anyway, i transferred the saves in a usb storage drive and i will start a new game in 3.9.68 this time, applying the creativity and positioning patches.

Rant update: i forgot to mention that every few days i had an important player injured for at least 2 weeks till 3 months. When i stopped i had only 6 essential players injured.
    Last edited by foo_jam2002; 16-11-20 at 07:17 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foo_jam2002 For This Useful Post:

October 2019 Update - Tottenham, End of second season.

I took control of Spurs, aiming of course at absolute domination in Europe for the coming years.

The first season was mediocre, and i was even in danger of being fired. I sold Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min to Juventus and Real Madrid respectively for huge tranfer fees, replacing them with Canadian wonderkid Jonathan David and Yussuf Poulsen. We got eliminated in Champions League from the first round, being in a difficult group with Napoli and PSG. The end of Premier League found us in the 7th place, without a european ticket. The second season, though, was dreamy...

Players left and players came, with my best transfer being Bruno Fernandes from Sporting. He became captain from the start and was my MVP, in a year that we clinched the double! Without european participation i could concentrate to the Premier, while using my substitutes in cups' games. Only when i reached the semis of the FA Cup, i started using my best players there, winning Wolves easily 3-0 in the final. One week later, the league table found us 2 points in front of Liverpool, in the first place... We were Champions of England for the first time since 1961!!!

The first eleven of this dreamy season for Spurs (4-1-3-2):
    GK: Jack Butland (sold old Hugo Lloris to Man City)
    DL: Ruben Duarte (Spanish full back)
    DR: Aaron Wan-Bissaka (came in the middle of season)
    DC: Ruben Dias (a rock in defense)
    DC: Davinson Sanchez (seems that along with Ruben Dias, will be my duo for years to come)
    DM: Ben Pearson (the surprise! An unknown midfielder who came from Div 1 side Preston, and he was great!)
    MC: Dele Alli (scored a lot)
    MC: Bruno Fernandes (the captain and MVP)
    MC: Tanguy Ndombele (nothing special)
    FC: Jonathan David (an other MVP... The Canadian was a goal and assist machine)
    FC: Yussuf Poulsen (scored more than his first season in the club)

Now i am heading for season three. Lisandro Martinez (Argentinian DM from Ajax) and Paul Pogba will join the club in the summer. My goals are the first-4 in Premier, and go as far as we can in the Champions League, having in mind that my side now is so strong that can become (why not?) European Champions... We will see!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_wolf For This Useful Post:

Back at the second level of German professional football, Dynamo Dresden needed a very late goal to survive a visit to the 'amateurs' of Regensburg in the first cup outing of the season: 0-1! The hosts in Mnster (Reg) gave us a hard time in the Second Round as well and a missed penalty (54') proved to be incredibly costly, even against ten men at that time: 2-1... As one of the relegated teams from the highest division, expectations about a quick return were big. Scoring goals wasn't a problem for us, but conceding for fun at the other end of the pitch made it impossible to keep any positive run going.

Spoiler!

At least three more fixtures for Ukraine to keep the World Cup dream alive. Giving a lead away twice in France - versus an already qualified team - and eventually losing that game was pretty harsh. Seeing the Albanian goalie picking up the award for Man of the Match to end an international tie in Kiev completely scoreless didn't help our case much too. We were still in the race, though, and host nation Slovakia had a similar perspective. Based on the times both goalkeepers were tested during this confrontation (2-7), we probably allowed them to create a couple of serious opportunities: 2-1...

Spoiler!

Two jobs lost within the space of just a few months was inevitably taking my reputation down. Maybe that place in the hot seat of another national squad could help me out somewhat when looking for a new club to manage. Like many tourists (once), I took the plane to a famous Italian city. With twenty games already played, the local pride were third in the Serie C1/A and after winning on my debut, we even found ourselves on top of the tower. There were many clubs behind us with almost as many points and the players I inherited had all the trouble in the world finding the net. I guess the people in this town are used to a certain amount of skewness...

Spoiler!

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

I've not played for a few weeks now, but the FA Cup second round draw last week got myself yearning once again to take over a club. I wanted to use the March 2020 update, so, checking the tables for the premature end of 2019/20 season, Bradford Park Avenue were bottom of the National League North. What better challenge than to see how far I can guide them through the FA Cup. To add to the challenge, there will be no changes to the on-field or off-field resources. I'll have to play with whatever crap I'm given.

And it is crap. There are big problems with stamina through out the side, especially up front where I don't see any of the 3 strikers being able to last for longer than an hour. Left back is another issue where I have only Stelios Demetriou, a Cypriot who is more natural as a winger. Other than that, most positions are covered by the 20 man squad. I set myself up with a 4-1-3-1-1 formation in the hope that we would be a hard team to beat. Miraculously, that is exactly what we were. After 15 league games, Bradford PA are unbeaten and have conceded just 6 goals. We are 5 points clear of Gateshead at the top of the league, having played 1 game fewer. Oli Johnson may only last 60 minutes up front (stamina 7) but he has managed to find the net 9 times, while Jake Hibbs, on loan from Spennymoor has scored 11 from midfield, with 4 more assists.

However, this is about how far we can go in the FA Cup. A Qualifying Round home draw against non-league Gainsborough Town looked ideal, but with players struggling with match fitness after a midweek league game, neither Johnson nor Hibbs could start, so it was a makeshift 4-1-3-2 that lined up. We still were much the better side, but lacked a cutting edge. We did manage to lead at half time thanks to Sam Wood's first for the club. George Willis in the visitors goal was inspired and due to him, we just couldn't find a second. With players visibly tiring, I asked the ref if I could make 3 changes, which is when Gainsborough hit us with the sucker punch. Not a great start and we would need a replay.

The replay was far more routine. Zayn Hakeem settled nerves with an early goal before Oli Johnson added to his tally on the stroke of half-time. Oli Johnson's replacement, Andre Johnson made it 3-0 in the final minute and we can start planning for the visit of Carlisle (22nd in League 2 and without a manager) in the 1st round proper.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Having needed a replay to get past Gainsborough, there were only 2 league games before we faced Carlisle in the next round. However, one of those games was against Gateshead, who we thrashed with 4 goals in the first 34 minutes, to extend our lead over them at the top of National North to 10 points, having played 1 game fewer. We are already 17 points clear of Hereford in 4th place and have 2 games in hand over them, so looking odds on for promotion.

But it is the romance of the cup that we are after and Carlisle are 2 leagues above us, so even though they are struggling, this would be a huge test. Fortunately everyone was fit enough to start, with just reserve right back Ryan Toulson missing with a bruised shin. On this evidence, Carlisle's new manager Steve Bould has a big job on his hands. It took us just 5 minutes to take the lead, Ryan Hall's freekick beating everyone to sneak in at the far post. Nicky Clee put us 2-0 up before the interval and it was all but over when Oli Johnson added a third soon after the restart. With Carlisle a beaten side, Jake Hibbs made it 4-0 and Andre Johnson came off the bench to finish them off with our 5th.

Into the second round and we couldn't get another home draw. However a trip to fellow National North side Altrincham looks to be a relatively easy tie on paper. We have already beaten them 3-0 at their Moss Lane ground in the corresponding League game. It should be a great chance to join the big boys

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Another quick turn around between cup games, but is was still enough to confirm that the wheels have totally fallen off the Gateshead wagon. We find ourselves 16 points clear of our nearest rivals and have played one game fewer. We are a massive 23 points clear of York who are currently 4th and we are only at the halfway point in the League Season.

But back to the FA Cup and that very winnable tie at Altrincham. We did still have to convert the paper advantage into a win on the pitch and for that we were thankful to the two full backs. 18 minutes in and Right-back Thomas Lund was put through by a defense splitting pass from Kemy Agustien, our Curacaoen international midfielder and Lund beat the keeper with a well placed first time shot. We had and spurned many chances to add to the advantage, but just as I was expecting the inevitable sucker punch, left-back Stelios Demitreou got his head to a corner and that secured the win.

Into the hat for the 3rd round, where we had a chance to meet one of the big boys. I'd have loved to get Liverpool, United, City, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea. A local derby with Leeds or one of the Sheffield clubs might also generate some interest, or what about the prospects of Bradford Park Avenue v Bradford City. I reckon the fans would like that. Sadly, the gods of the draw didn't have the same enthusiasm for a romantic giant killing. What we got was Accrington Stanley ..... Away !

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Into the new year and we finally lost our unbeaten record. The combination of the Christmas fixture list, a small squad and a general lack of fitness gave Curzon Ashton the chance for a 1-0 win. That said, Gateshead have only reduced our advantage by 1 point and we are 15 clear of them and now 24 clear of 4th placed York.

Interest had been generating for our players and I had to reject a couple of bids for reserve left winger (and stand in left back) Nicky Clee. Normally I would have snapped their hands off. But that is nothing compared to Oli Johnson. Swansea and Norwich were both interested in the 33 year old who is out of contract in the summer. I'm wanting to do this with the squad as it was, so he is not for sale, so I bumped up the asking price. Astonishingly, Blackburn Rovers offered 1,000,000 ! Even more astonishingly, I rejected it ! A 33 year old who has fitness issues and will leave for free in the summer if he doesn't retire. I must be mad !

Accrington away in the FA Cup 3rd round looked like a huge challenge, especially coming just 3 days after a league game. Stanley are on the fringes of the League One playoffs, so are 65 places above us in the hierarchy. It was one where we had to defend for long periods as the home side dominated possession and it was the 70th minute before we had our first effort on goal. Thanks to the defense, we restricted them to very few chances and the heroics of MoM Rhys Taylor in our goal maintained the clean sheet. Despite a good last 10 minutes, we couldn't break them down and so it will be a replay. The winners will host Everton in the 4th round.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Just the one league game before the replay with Accrington and it was a disappointing 0-0 draw with Alfreton, but fortunately Gateshead also drew, so the gap remains at 15 points. Our current form is a bit of a worry as we have won just 1 in our last 5 and the goals have dried up.

Now that the entire squad is into the final 6 months of their contracts, the vultures are out. Adam Nowakowski (Southend) Gianluca Havern (Notts Co) Keith Lowe (Northampton, Mitchell Lund (Fleetwood and Oli Johnson (Barnsley) have already agreed deals to move on, Not that I have any intention of going beyond the end of the season.

As for the FA Cup 3rd round replay, Stanley sent out a very aggressive 4-3-3 formation while again we struggled to send out a fully match fit side. As a result we again found it difficult to get any time on the ball, but the defense was rock solid, so although we had not yet recorded a single shot of any sort, we reached the change of ends still at 0-0. The stalemate was broken within seconds of the restart. Jordan Clark on the right of the Accrington front 3 made a powerful run down his flank, taking out 2 of our defenders in the process. His cross found Alhassan Kamara unmarked at the far post and he beat Rhys Taylor with a low shot. It was now a mountain to climb, but we dug in and just on the hour recorded our first shot, which sailed over the bar. Minutes later and Oli Johnson intercepted a loose pass in midfield. There was no support, so he went on his own, shooting from distance an watching his shot soar over Bursik before dipping under the bar. 1-1. Parity lasted for just 2 minutes. Another cross from the Accrington right, again Kamara had found space and his free header restored Accrington's advantage. From there they shut up shop and we never looked like getting back on terms.

Not a bad cup run and we did get one giant killing in Carlisle. I was going to end the save here, but we have a local derby with Farsley in the FA Trophy, so I'll play on and see how we get on in that cup

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 778384858687