Page 200 of 201 FirstFirst ... 190196197198199200201 LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 5003

Thread: England - Latest Transfers and Loans

vCash
    Had the DB earlier and done this one

vCash
    Scunthorpe United have cancelled the contract of Clayton Lewis by mutual consent.

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Rochdale teenager Luke Matheson admits he has realised his boyhood dream after signing his first contract. (FA Cup exploits v Man Utd last season)

Jack Baxter and Ethan Walker have both agreed new contracts with Preston North End until the summer of 2022.

Richard Keogh has had his Derby County contract terminated 'with immediate' effect after being found guilty of gross misconduct, the club has announced.

vCash
    Stoke City have sacked manager Nathan Jones.

Assistant manager Paul Hart and first-team coach Joaquin Gomez have also left the club, with Rory Delap, Kevin Russell and Andy Quy taking charge of the first team while a new manager is sought "as swiftly as possible".

vCash
    Not sure if you want this posted here. Feel free to move...

I thought I would start a detailed review of the lower league clubs (I like lower league football in case you didn’t realise). My plan is to update these posts after the January transfer window closes.

WALSALL (Updated End Of October 2019) – Expected to finish 20th-24th at this stage.

Manager Darrell Clarke prefers a 5-3-2 formation. Walsall have been in freefall in recent weeks with some fans concentrating already on matching Morecambe’s (perceived to be the worst team in the league) results in order to stay up!

Suggested starting line up:-

GK – Jack Rose
    DL – Cameron Pring
    DR – Liam Kinsella (has played in midfield – change position to D/DMRLC)
    DLC – Zak Jules (impressive start to season –has good pace)
    DRC – James Clarke (turned down Bristol Rovers to join Walsall – captains side. Database shows unsure of future which I would change)
    DC – Dan Scarr
    MC – Stuart Sinclair (plays the holding role)
    MC – Danny Guthrie (the creative brains in midfield)
    MC – James Hardy (creative midfield who plays centrally more than wide – not very physical – change position to AMRLC)
    ST – Rory Gaffney (on loan from Salford for the season – needs to be moved)
    ST – Caolan Lavery

I would make Jules, Clarke and Lavery the star players at the moment.

Reserves

Goalkeeper

Liam Roberts has played most of season so there does not seem to be an obvious first choice keeper. Dominic Rogerson is a young keeper (DOB unknown) but has yet to feature for the first team – not sure that he needs to be added yet.

Defence

Matt Sadler lacks pace and strength. Is predicted to leave at end of contract in June 2020 or before. Change position to CB. Shay Facey is DR not a DRC with good pace and energy. Luke Little has recently gone on loan for a month so is not expected to play in the first team this season at least. Gary Liddle has filled in at right back (lacks pace). Cameron Norman is a right back so change position to DR – first back up option in this position. Ben Purkiss has left the club. Callum Cockerill-Mollett and Korey Roberts should both be DLC. Both are highly rated. Tom Leak has never played a first team game and at the moment I would suggest he would be last pick! Dan Vann has left and cannot find a club for him at the moment.

Midfield

Rory Holden has split his time between bench and first team this season. He can play wide right so would change his position to a MRC. Wes McDonald is an out and out winger. He is only contracted till January 2020 and doesn’t really fit in to the managers formation. Alfie Bates is highly rated and has made several starts already this season (only 18 years old). Adam Chambers has left the club and I cannot find a club for him at the moment. Maziar Kouhar ruptured his ACL is April 2019 and is out for up to 10 months. His contract expired in June 2019 so is currently without a club. Rory Oliver left the club in December 2017 and as far as I can see is still without a club. Jack Kiersey has been signed as back up and is nowhere near the first team at the moment.

Strikers

Elijah Adebayo is currently first sub as a striker. He can also play wide right so I would change his position to a FRC. He is 6 foot 4 and has good strength and heading ability. Josh Gordon has high work rate and runs the channels well. I would change his position to a FRLC. Dylan Parker is now playing for Rugby Town.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PilgrimPete For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Here is fine Pete - good stuff

vCash
    MK Dons have sacked manager Paul Tisdale

MK Dons have appointed Russell Martin as the new manager.

vCash
    DONE

vCash
    Plymouth midfielder Cameron Sangster has left the club and retired from football to pursue other interests

vCash
    DONE

vCash
    This guy could be worth an upgrade...not had chance to review Crawley yet but just in case I don't get that far...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...g-Crawley.html

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PilgrimPete For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Gareth Barry - Free Agent to WBA (EOS)

35 year old former Sunderland player Andy Welsh resigns as manager of Ossett United

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash
    Stoke Goalkeeper Adnan Kanuric has joined Northern Premier Division side Grantham Town on a youth loan until next year. The Bosnia and Herzegovina shot-stopper will remain at the South Kesteven Sports Stadium until 2nd January 2020.

Stoke City can also confirm that it has reached an agreement over the termination of Max Murphy's contact with immediate effect.

vCash
    SWINDON TOWN (Updated Start Of November 2019) – Expected to finish 1st – 5th at this stage.

Manager Ritchie Wellens prefers a 4-4-2 formation. Swindon are in a rich vein of form at the moment and are undoubtedly one of the favourites for promotion. However they have one of the biggest squads in the league. They have a trialist training with them at the moment who they are they unable to offer a contract to due to budget constraints. The team struggled at the start of the season so many of the now starting XI didn’t start the season but the team is now winning! 90% of Swindon’s goals are being scored by the front 2.

GK – Steven Benda – on loan from Swansea for the season. Reputation for being slight eccentric.
    DL – Dion Donohue – signed on a month to month contract as defensive cover but his performances have coincided with a change in fortunes for the club. Should be a DMLC.
    DR – Rob Hunt
    DC – Mathieu Baudry
    DC – Ezekiel (Zeki) Fryers
    AML – Keishi Anderson – Should be AMFRLC
    AMR – Lloyd Isgrove
    MC – Anthony Grant – on loan from Shrewsbury until January 2020
    MC – Michael Doughty
    ST – Eoin Doyle – on loan from Bradford for the season. Top goalscorer but finances may mean he will return to Bradford
    ST – Jerry Yates – on loan from Rotherham for the season

I would make Grant, Doyle and Yates the star players at the moment.

Reserves

Goalkeeper

Steve Benda has now taken over between the sticks and is now clearly first choice. Luke McCormick is back up. Will Henry was expecting to challenge for the first team jersey this season but is now third choice. Archie Matthews is the other keeper at the club but is nowhere near the first team so could be deleted?

Defence

Ellis Iandolo started as left back but has now lost place due to injury and the arrival of Donohue. He would be first replacement. Dion Conroy is out for season with a knee injury. Gabriel Zakuani needs to be added. He left Gillingham and joined Swindon until January 2020. He is cover at DC. Tom Broadbent (DC) is regular bench warmer. Tyler Reid signed a two year contract after leaving Swansea in the summer and is back up right back. Taylor Curran is a young centre back who is used as back up. Joe Romanski is more of a left back than a centre back so I would change him to a DLC. However he has plenty of players in front of him so I can’t see him playing soon. He has recently been on loan at a Southern Division One South club for a month.

Dan Ballard suffered a knee injury in August and is expected to be out for 5 months. He has returned to Arsenal for treatment.

Midfield

Lyden is first back up for the central midfield position. Danny Rose is another (but less popular option) or Adam May (even less popular) who is on loan from Portsmouth.

Diallang Jaiyesimi is a left winger so change position to AML. He is the first replacement if Anderson/Isgrove are unavailable. He is described as strong, dynamic and skilful.

Jermaine McGlashan has joined Chesterfield on loan until January 2020. Diagouraga has not played this season and is nowhere near the first team. It is hoped he will leave in January (i.e. before the end of his contract in June) to free up some wages.

Jacob Bancroft is a winger so change his position to a AML. He is on loan at Salisbury until January. He has potential.

Jake Evans is now at Cardiff City and playing for their U23 side.

Sidy Sanokho needs to be added. He is an MC (can’t see if he is in the database already).

Strikers

Doyle and Yates are the definite first choice. Woolery and Twine provide the back up although there are some concerns about Twine’s standard. Doyle has been scoring for fun this season so may need an upgrade (attributes etc. to make sure he scores enough goals).

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PilgrimPete For This Useful Post:

vCash
    DONE

vCash
    STEVENAGE (Updated Start Of November 2019) – Expected to finish 20th – 24th at this stage.

Manager Mark Sampson prefers a 5-3-2 formation. Stevenage are really struggling at the moment and again another side that seem to be simply concerned with finishing above Morecambe to avoid relegation.

GK – Paul Farman – seems to have nailed down the GK position. Has a reputation for being booked in every game!
    DC – Terence Vancooten
    DC – Ben Nugent
    DC – Scott Cuthbert
    DL – Chris Stokes
    DR – Luther Wildin
    MC – Charlie Carter – creative player who can also play on the right so change to AMRC
    MC – Tom Soares – now 33 and his AMC role is behind him. Now plays the holding role so I would change position to DMC. Maybe reduce pace and other attributes to change position? He has even played at DC this season.
    MC – Dean Parrett – creative midfield but very injury prone
    ST – Kurtis Guthrie – holds ball up well.
    ST – Jason Cowley – feeds off Guthrie. Runs at defenders. High work rate but not much else

I would make Guthrie, Parrett and Cuthbert (captain) the star players at the moment.

Reserves

Goalkeeper

Sacha Bastien is providing good competition for the goalkeeping position but at the moment has to be content with a place on the bench/Auto Windscreen shields games! Ogbebor-Onaiwu is the youth/U23 team goalkeeper. I cannot find a goalkeeper called Moriarty so I would delete him.

Defence

Tyler Denton is the back up left back. Described as being defensively poor but good going forward. 35 year old Adam El-Abd has been signed as cover at CB and has only featured once this season. Donovan Makoma left the club in June and is currently without a club. Okoye is left back for the youth team and is probably along way from first team football. Kelland Watts is primarily a CB but has played in midfield (and wide left). I would change his position to a D/DMLC. Jamie Fielding (DRC) needs to be added/moved from Hastings United. He has played a couple of times this season for Stevenage already. However, the general view is that he is out of his depth at this level. His DOB is 18/8/99. Theo Sackey-Mensah has left the club and is now playing for Loughborough University. Luis Fernandez needs to be created. He is a CB who has made 3 league appearances this season. His DOB is 28/9/01. Fernandez, Watts and Fielding seem to cover if any of the CBs are unavailable. Paul Field is a youth team CB who is nowhere near the first team and probably can be deleted as there are plenty of options in front of him. Dylan Switters is a full back not a midfielder so change position to DRL – but again he is nowhere near the first team.

Midfield

Paul Digby has been injured since pre-season. He was expected to provide cover at DMC for the aging Soares. Joel Byrom and Michael Timlin are other MC options. Byrom has a better range of touch and passing but Timlin is more physical. Both are not particularly popular with supporters. Noor Husin appears to have been overlooked. Arthur Iontton is a defensive midfielder who can play centre back. He is not very good or popular in either position apparently.

Charlie Lakin is first choice as a replacement for one of the two attacking midfield positions. He is on loan from Birmingham for the season. Sonupe often plays centrally so I would change him to a AMRLC. However, he is very unpopular with the general view being that his best position would be on the bench! Joe Rollinson is a right winger but hasn’t had much game time due to the 5-3-2 formation. Ben Kennedy is also being overlooked as he is more of a winger than a striker.

Alex Cole-Taylor is a midfielder for the youth team so I would change his position to MC. Jamie Jellis has recently joined Aylesbury United on a month’s work experience loan. Personally I don’t see Cole-Taylor or Jellis getting anywhere near the first team this season. Jack Smith has played once in the league this season so may need creating (maybe at the expense or Cole-Taylor or Jellis). Smith is a MC and his DOB is 15/9/2001.

Strikers

Danny Newton is probably first choice replacement and is sometimes preferred to Cowley (when fit). Craig Mackail-Smith is nearing the end of his career. Like most players of his pedigree he does have exceptional movement etc but his pace/acceleration is almost non-existent. CMS is still preferred to the experienced Paul Taylor who despite playing half a dozen games this season is way down the pecking order.

Despite being signed for money (admittedly by the previous manager), Elliott List is not in contention at the moment.

Alex Reid is on loan at Ebbsfleet until January 2020 and clearly has little future at the club.

Harry Draper is nowhere near the first team but has recently been given an 18 month professional contract so clearly has some promise.

Liam Smyth is also in the youth team but has played a few games for the first team so at this stage, possible has more potential than Draper.

vCash
    Posted this on Sunderland a few weeks ago but just missed the October update by the looks of it.

Coaches should be:
    John Potter - unattached - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Potter_(footballer)
    Eliott Dickman
    Lee Butler - from Bolton (GK Coach who replaced Craig Samson)
    Mark Prudhoe - needs creating (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Prudhoe)
    Paul Bryson - needs creating (ENG - dob 16/04/1964)

Scouts:
    Tony Coton - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Coton
    Richard Hill - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richar...er,_born_1963)
    Paul Reid - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_R...er,_born_1982)
    Kevin Ball - move from coach to scout
    Paul Midgley - needs creating (ENG - Born 1987)
    Steven Preshous - needs creating (ENG - Born 1968)
    Janne Wilkman - Formerly manager at Mikkelin Palloilijat, but needs creating - (FIN - https://www.transfermarkt.com/janne-.../trainer/14627)

Physios:
    Peter Brand
    Chris Naisby - needs creating (ENG - Born 1988)
    Paul Walsh - needs creating (IRE/NIR - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/paul...spieler/103913)

David Binningsley is now physio at Man Utd.

Also, a few positions need updating:
    Lynden Gooch > AM/F RLC + 10 for wing back
    Jake Hackett > MC (add DM)
    Denver Hume > D/DM L + 10 for Right side
    Benji Kimpioka > FLC (10 for right)
    Dylan McGeouch > DMC
    Bali Mumba add 12 for Def and Right, as he often plays RB for England U19s
    Elliot Embleton 20 for both feet (takes set-pieces with both)
    Marc McNulty > FC (add AM)

Also create Dan Neil (MC, dob 13/12/2001) as he's been on the bench a few times and is highly rated.
    Last edited by djs_298; 06-11-19 at 07:44 PM.

vCash
    Kevin Hodges has left Plymouth Argyle, stepping down from his position as Academy Director with immediate effect.

vCash
    SCUNTHORPE UNITED (Updated Start Of November 2019) – Expected to finish 10th – 15th at this stage.

Manager Paul Hurst prefers a 4-4-2 formation. Scunthorpe surprisingly struggled at the start of the season but there are signs that a gradual improvement is underway. They are playing some good football in a good style but conceding some sloppy goals.

Suggested starting line-up: -

GK – Rory Watson has played most games this season but has made several mistakes. He is under pressure and was dropped for the most recent league game. Watson is out of contract at the end of the season. Watson is a good shot stopper but does not command is box and cannot catch!
    DL – Junior Brown – Signed on loan from Coventry until January. Possibility of a permanent deal. He gets forward well
    DR – James Perch – Has made the right back position his own since arriving in the summer. Contract up in summer
    DC – Harrison McGahey
    DC – Rory McCardle
    DMC – Yann Songo’o – limited passing ability but strong/physical and breaks up play well. Contract expires at end of season
    MC – Matthew Lund – creative midfield but not too attacking. Contract expires in summer. Change position to MC.
    AML – Alex Gilliead
    AMR – Ryan Colclough is very industrious but sometimes his delivery lets him down
    ST – Lee Novak – holds up ball. Poor mobility. Old school number 9. Contract up at end of season
    ST – Kevin Van Veen

I would make Lund, Van Veen and Colcough the star players at the moment.

Reserves

Goalkeeper

Jake Eastwood (on loan from Sheffield United for the season) is pushing Watson hard but I would leave Watson as first choice at the moment. Adam Kelsey is the under 23 goalkeeper and has had no first team exposure.

Defence

Jordan Clarke is the backup option at right back. His contract is up at the end of the season and he is expected to be released with Perch in good form. He has struggled with injuries recently. Kgosi Ntlhe provides backup at left back but again his contract is due to expire at the end of the season. Andy Butler provides cover at CB. At 36 years old he is not expected to be offered another contract when it expires at the end of the season. James Horsfield has been on loan at Wrexham for a month and it looks like he ruptured his ACL last Saturday. Youngsters Butroid and Bedeau provide the rest of the centre back cover.

Midfield

Jamie Ward and Abo Eisa provide the cover in wide positions. Levi Sutton is the direct replacement for Lund. I would remove his defence positions as he is a MC. Regan Slater (on loan from Sheffield United for the season) covers in the midfield holding position.

Tom Pugh is further down the pecking order in this position having yet to appear for the first team. George Hornshaw has been in and out on month loans and has been restricted to one substitute appearance in the Football League Trophy. El-Mhanni can’t get close to the first team. His contract is up at the end of the season but it would be no surprise if he left in January. Clayton Lewis (who I read above left recently) has now signed for Auckland City. Jordan Hallam was signed by the previous manager but doesn’t seem to be too popular with Paul Hurst. I would change his position to a AMRLC. His contract is up at end of season. Andy Dales is being used as bench fodder when needed. His contract is due to expire at end of season.
    I would add Joey Dawson (Position MC – DOB: 30.5.2003). Has feature on the bench a few times but is highly rated. https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/13/arsen...wson-10909915/
    Kyle Wootton is on a season long loan at Notts County so he needs to be moved. Also George Miller is on a season long loan from Barnsley so he needs to be added.
    John McAtee is a young striker who has only played a few times this season.

Strikers

Jamie Proctor (on loan from Rotherham for season) is possibly just ahead of Lee Novak and therefore in the starting XI but that tends to be open for debate. Jamie Ward can also play up front if needed.

Kyle Wootton is on loan and Notts County for the season so needs to be moved. Also George Miller is on a season long loan from Barnsley so he needs to be added.

John McAtee is a young striker

vCash
    Glen Driver resigns as Braintree manager

Hendon appoint Lee Allinson as manager

Morecambe appoint Derek Adams as manager.

vCash
    Ryan Barnett has joined AFC Telford United on loan from Shrewsbury (EOS)

Notts County have signed Alex Lacey (EOS)

Birmingham City have signed French striker Jeremie Bela on a three-year deal following a contract row with his previous club, Spanish side Albacete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarle View Post
    Glen Driver resigns as Braintree manager

Hendon appoint Lee Allinson as manager

Morecambe appoint Derek Adams as manager.
    Derek Adams - two-and-a-half-year deal

Burnley striker Ashley Barnes has extended his contract at Turf Moor in a deal until June 2020.

The club also have the option of extending the 30-year-old striker's contract by an extra 12 months.

vCash
    Stoke City have confirmed the appointment of Michael O’Neill as new manager. The 50-year-old has signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with the club

Forest Green goalkeeper Lewis Thomas has signed a new contract with the Sky Bet League Two leaders, extending his stay until the end of the 2020/21 campaign

Cardiff have re-signed Senegal international Armand Traore on a short-term deal

vCash
    Leeds' Poland international midfielder Mateusz Klich has signed a new four-and-a-half-year contract at Elland Road.

vCash
    Jack Diamond has extended his loan to Harrogate from Sunderland to the end of the season

Marcus Dewhurst loan to Guiseley from Sheff Utd to the end of the season

Leroy Lita (yes, that Leroy Lita) has signed for Chelmsford City

Nathan Smith has signed for Dulwich Hamlet

Jamie Hood has signed for Nuneaton from Leamington

Jake Jebb has signed for Wealdstone from Welling

James Brighton has left Kettering Town

Harry Donovan has signed for Tonbridge Angels

Blyth Spartans can confirm Joe Robson has left the club by mutual consent.

Bolton Wanderers wishes to confirm that Strength and Conditioning coach Nick Allamby has joined Sunderland

Southampton u23 coach Radhi Jaďdi has moved to the USA on a "12 month secondment" to manage Hartford Athletic in the USL. Current Under-23s Assistant Coach David Horseman will lead the Southampton Under-23s on an interim basis and be supported by Head of Player Development David Hughes.
    Last edited by SteveHarle; Yesterday at 01:31 PM.