Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Pro Wrestling 🤼*♂️

vCash
    All you weirdos that like wrestling are absolutely for the watching by the way!
    FACT [in rafas voice]

vCash
    See, I love an Empty Arena match. Empty Arena wrestling, I'm not so sure about.

vCash
    I think it is odd when staged as a proper show. If they use the space imaginative then it would work better, use of spotlight in centre of the ring, change of hard-cam, having wrestlers talk freely, etc. Then they could build up wrestlers with on-set/outside promo edited with packages - use their decades worth of library.

Though the fact Vince has scrapped the supposed taping of five week worth of shows to stay doing them live is a little awkward. Though, it's meant to be because of clauses in the contracts of the networks they've signed too. They will void some money by doing tapings, accordingly.

vCash
    Florida really is a world of it's own

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    I was wondering how much more footage they would have!! They can't have much left.

Money talks it seems.

vCash
    Got a friend in the White House. Of course they'd be allowed to get away with it...

vCash
    I heard a significant amount of money (millions) will be spent on the local area in due course. Greasing those palms!

vCash
    Exodus day for talent and workers, though I am sure many will, eventually when everything gets calmer/normal, come back or move to AEW. Some names are sad to see leave like Gallows and Anderson, Rusev and Aiden English, but guess they'll be trying to keep the people they need for the immediate to work the storylines that have. Sad to see the person responsible for the Mandy Rose-Otis storyline was one oft he 'future endeavoured'.

Stories Mod

vCash
    https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-tale...-karl-anderson

Gallows and Anderson have been on the way out for a while I think. The Revival will follow.

Rowan was being massively pushed not long ago. The Kanellis' have just had a baby. I always though Logan was the best out of The Riott Squad. Lio Rush was Cruiserweight Champion not that long ago.

As I said, money talks. WWE is now an essential service let lots of releases follow. Furlough coming for others.
    And then to top it off Vince is named a presidential advisor to 'restart the economy'!

Oh and XFL filed for bankruptcy. Its like a film script!

Ps: Poor old Mike Chioda. They can't sing the song anymore I guess!

vCash
    Mad to hear about the backstage staff though.
    Finlay... Never thought he would be let go.
    Hurricane and Lance Storm aren't long hired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-tale...-karl-anderson

Gallows and Anderson have been on the way out for a while I think. The Revival will follow.

Rowan was being massively pushed not long ago. The Kanellis' have just had a baby. I always though Logan was the best out of The Riott Squad. Lio Rush was Cruiserweight Champion not that long ago.

As I said, money talks. WWE is now an essential service let lots of releases follow. Furlough coming for others.
    And then to top it off Vince is named a presidential advisor to 'restart the economy'!

Oh and XFL filed for bankruptcy. Its like a film script!

Ps: Poor old Mike Chioda. They can't sing the song anymore I guess!

Revivals already gone.

Tbf they always release wrestlers after Mania. Just worse cause of all the hair going on. I'd prefer a smaller roster and more being done, then a bunch of people being wasted...

vCash
    Once crowds return, I hope to see the likes of Rusev, The Good Brothers, EC3, Rowan and maybe Kurt Angle at AEW.

I think the weirdo that is McMahon has shot himself in the foot here bigtime.

Rusev and EC3 especially, if they are allowed to just be themselves which you can't at WWE these days will amaze everyone with how over they can get with that crowd.

Until now, I haven't considered AEW a true rival to WWE, but with a few of those stars added and given a little creative freedom i can see it being actual competition before very long.

Also, you know for a fact Chris Jericho is going to have them all on his show one after the other to get the dirt on the WWE, should make for compelling listening if the recent Moxley and Brody Lee interviews are anything to go by.

Stories Mod

vCash
    Never been sure about EC3. Was pushed at TNA and personally don't think he was that great. Good but not great.

Assumed Gallows and Anderson would go back to Japan. Or NJPW are trying to branch into the US, maybe they help with that.

Rusev is the big one for me. He was massively over for a while with the whole Rusev Day shtick. He could take that anywhere and make it work.

vCash
    The Rusev day stuff was popular but i thought a bit cringey...
    As with a lot of people WWE gave him that to bury him but he made it work, people love him.

When he came in as the Bulgarian brute and had Lana as the woman from Rocky 4
    that character was believeable! Stamping on their back before applying the camel clutch, quality stuff.

Will Rowan join the Dark Order? Or will he come to be the opponent of Brody Lee?
    I'm genuinely interested for the first time in ages. The podcasts have been better than the show for years but that could change soon.

Stories Mod

vCash
    AEW have a lot of big decisions to make.

They don't want to be seen as somewhere WWE rejects go.
    And they have a lot of good talent on their hands already to be fair.

Obviously they had to have Jericho and Moxley in the title picture early on but there is a fear for me that The Elite, Mox, Jericho will just hog the title belt and not serve the up and comings.

I really like Darby Allin, Jimmy Havoc as well. They could easily put on a hell of a show with a Mox for example. All of them are mad as hell!

vCash
    Darby Allin is exciting to watch, a little crazy.
    He's awful at interviews, I think he has social anxiety issues. I've listened to a couple of interviews with him and the interviewer (Mick foley and Bully Ray) more or less had to drag a conversation out of him. Hard to believe when you see the personality he has when in the ring.

These guys are seemingly the new wave of wrestling, but I don't find it believable though.

Yes, I know, it isn't a real fight

But when you have someone twice his size pretending to fight him it just doesn't meet the optical test, it doesn't allow you to even pretend there is a fight happening.

Wrestlers used to be guys that you wouldn't see on the street, they were freaks of nature (or chemically enhanced )

I get what you're saying though, make your own stars like AJ Styles, Motor city machine guns, those type of guys in TNA.

Jericho does a good job on his podcast of refreshing them before they make their debut, changing them in the eyes of the audience.

When they were shouting "We the people" to the big man Hager he cut the audience dead and said that was an out of date chant, for example.

vCash
    I think WWE needs to hit a stride line between the Entetainment and the Sports element. They have such a large pool of talent, can craft storylines and entertainment perfectly when trying. If releasing these wrestlers - though rather short-sighted for some - frees up more time and space for other talent to be showcased them more to it.

Bray Wyatt and the Bone Yard are examples of stuff they can craft for the entertainment. NxT is the sports they can craft too. The next evolution should be the metamorphosis of the too, to find that balance.

Imo AEW are not at a level to be competition yet, but more of an Americanised alternative. The only other promotions that stick to my mind is Lucha Undgerground and NJPW as other promotions. Give them a year or two to develop their identity and company, then we can see.

In terms of Jericho, it seems he likes to beat the same old horse. An Ex-WWE guy comes into AEW, then you hear them berate WWE about the same things on his podcasts. You may say compelling, but I've heard the majority of stuff again and again. WWE is the old standard, but it is the hallmark still. It has its problems, definitely in terms of creative, but that isn't going to change due to the head of the snake still being there.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617