Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Let's go for the record (Again, Mikey's Game!)

vCash
    Poor Pepe needs to step up his game to avoid the sack!

I'm rooting for Liverpool, because Man Utd is too dominant lately
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I do genuinely feel for Pep and his recent of run, which is not just a few games, but a few seasons. Some serious work needed there, or.... and I stress the word, or , maybe time for a new challenge? there's always a sleeping giant close by - but for me, I need to sell a world class player (hes being a dick or something) I've now adopted the concept that if I sell to my biggest rivals, Ian & Pepe, then I want at least 1-2 youngsters in the deal, even if they dont make the grade, I'd feel better about transferring a player to them, as locating talent is becoming harder and harder. So IMO, Pepe selling a player for straight cash to Ian (well, 10m and 70m after a match and another 70m after a Cap) It's something I wouldn't do, as money is of no issue, id rather sell them to AI for a lower amount

I've had abit of a shit run in that last session, but still more than enough time for things to change. I just need Man Utd to have a blip in form, we all get them, and if and when they do, I gotta cease the opportunity

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    if windows 10 stops being an arse!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Another session completed on this badboy last night.

Based on how the season started, it was a good session for Pepe, that being said, he did slip up in a couple of a games, and lost a massive game against Man Utd with an 89th Minute winner, but he sits in 3rd, quite someway off, but I feel he'll be happy for a top 4 finish at least. He's still riding high in the Uefa Cup, something he should win in fairness, and booked himself a League Cup final ticket against Man Utd.

Both Utd and my Pool sit pretty in the Champions League, and look comfortable for the quarters, but the league could go right to the wire, with the game against one another, looking to prove vital. Although I'm 7 clear at the top of Utd, the 3 games in hand, can ensure the champions leapfrog, unless 1 of us hit any form of blip in form

All of us safely through in the FA Cup, with Pepe to take on my Liverpool at the next stage

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 62 Honors

A real scare towards the back end of the season, where we had a corruption in the save, we got past it in the end, but it meant going back 10 days in game time. More the point, key matches had to be replayed, which ironically, pretty much finished identical. So 3 back ups of the game now, to be safe.

Pepe - Well what can we say? by some views, its might be a better season than last, he finished 3rd, so Champs League next season, after this time last season, he was reeling from a 5th place finish. Lost the League Cup Final in an 11 goal thriller, and more shockingly, didn't even make it to the Uefa Cup Final let alone win it, which in fairness, he was clear favorite to do. Questions still surround as to weather its time for the gaffa to to either, move on from St Marys, Switch Tactics, Purchase Better, or maybe even all 3. Only time will tell

Ian - The curse of the World Club Championships strikes again, although his Utd winning this with eased, the blip of form came at the end of the season, which proved costly on virtually all fronts. Winning the League Cup will be enough though (7-4) to keep the fans at bay, as some real talent is lurking around waiting for a sniff of the first team

Me - Well, I can't argue, Although replaying the game 3 times (the corrupt save) I won them all against Utd towards the end of April, to open up that gap, and seeing Utd slip up enabled my Liverpool to claim the title with a couple games to spare. The FA Cup went to me after my victory over Man Utd, and just to rub salt in the wounds of my rivals, I took the Champions League after beating... yes... Man Utd, to pretty much almost make it a clean sweep, but more importantly - a first Champs League title. With some real quality breaking through, (2 FC's) very little activity will be needed, although a 50m purchase of an Ex-Saints defender, is sure gonna help, as a few players start to age.

So there we go, another season bites the dust, another poor end for Pepe, and this game just gets better and better.

World Cup Qualification has begun for Ian's Argentina and Pepe's Brazil, with both nations expected to qualify with ease. Euro 2076 is the time, so possibly, a way back into the national fold for me, come the end of the tournament

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well done lads and good to see Liverpool break Man Utd's dominance. That will surely make next season much more exciting!~

And what about Pep. I'd say that he needs to either completely haul over the squad OR make a switch to another team. Maybe do what Mikey did and bring back a former giant from the lower leagues?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I don't think Pepe's pride will let him do it but I agree, although would mean using a few seasons to build, I'd quite like to see him take Arsenal or Man City or Chelsea who are all 3rd tier and below.

1 thing Ian was close to doing, which ent been achieved yet - is to win 4 Champs League in a row, but he'll agree, that world club championships is a jinx

vCash
    So season 63 is off and running, with a session last night which saw us fire through Pre-Season, and another 90 minutes tonight, sees us kick of the season. Already, we'd had a few bizarre scenarios. The Shield was where it started, Man Utd reclaimed it from Liverpool, 1-0, in a match that saw the Champions have 3 red cards. Also Pool won (as expected) the Super Cup & Intercontinental, the first League match was a belter, Pool vs Utd - it finished 1-0 to me, after Utd suffered a Red card, which proved costly. As for Southampton - Well Pep already finds himself off the pace after drawing 1 match, then losing at home, both to AI, whilst me and Ian, have won all our opening few games, including CL, where all 3 of us, look easy for phase 2

Cracking on nicely

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Pep already trailing again ffs...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: sort those Saints out or leave!

vCash
    Pep would get outclassed by Mike fucken Mulvey at the moment
    Think you can argue? Test your skills in Ban this Filth today! Respond to this thread and plead your case, and if you're a football fan, have a go at Best of the Best! Plus I have a new format, applications are still available for that here.

vCash
    You see Pep - things need to get done at St Marys, and if that involves a change of personnel then so be it, in order to keeping the fans and the neutrals at bay

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A youtube update on this badboy so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-CMGWq6QSk

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So season 63 has came to an end.

Mikey's Liverpool retained their Premiership crown with Ian's Man Utd and my Southampton making up the top 3.

Mikey also took both the FA Cup and League Cup trophies.

A change of shape from me, saw Southampton walk away with their first Champions League in 6 seasons!

So now the work begins, clearing out the deadwood and bringing in new blood to fit the new formation

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    You see Pep - things need to get done at St Marys, and if that involves a change of personnel then so be it, in order to keeping the fans and the neutrals at bay
    A switch of formation and a Coaching refresh was all that was needed!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great stuff lads!

It seems Mikey is unbeatable domestically and that he has broken United's dominance for real now!

Good work on that CL Pep! But like you said: still a lot needs to happen to get that Prem title again

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    In the follow up to Pepe's summary, heres a 20min video, from my perspective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkz3yyaFUgM

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A pre-season update as we're about to launch season 64, after a good 3 1/2 hours this evening:

It was all about the Internationals this summer, with myself, still in the wilderness, Pep's Brazil and Ian's Argentina were to to battle it out in the forth-coming, Copa America and Confederations Cup - Pep scraped through the group stages of the the first one before going onto win the final against rival - yes, Ian - where soon afterwards, then resigned as Brazil boss, leaving Ian as clear favorite for the next tournament, which he took with ease, and claimed the winners medal

As for the league teams, it's all about building, getting rid of dead wood, and locating youth prospects - Ian has picked up a few beauties, in my opinion, and worthy of senior status, I myself haven't been to active for the first team, the odd player here and there, but mostly, I've recruited young guns for the reserves, where a couple have been promoted to the first team. Pepe - in fairness, I expected a big over haul, with a new formation and that, but not seen much activity, the odd player here and there, but nothing that shouts out loud, time will tell

So we sail onto the start of the new season where my Pool will take on Ian's Utd in the Charity Shield, Pepe will take his place in the Super Cup and Inter-Continental Cup, but also, the World Club Cup in Dec, that you may recall, has proven quite the curse from a league challenge perspective

Onwards

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    4 hour sesh last night...

mikey takes the charity shield...
    after 12 games
    utd take 1st blood on the league beating pool to open a small lead at the the top
    pep fallen behind in 3rd with careless points lost..but he seems to have improved...world champs will prob screw him this year!...mwahh haa!!

onwards

33. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A real decent session last night, yep - Pepe already off the pace, but, he is in better shape than he was, although still think he needs a few more arrivals, but still time for anything to happen. Utd winning at my ground in the league, makes it close, after they dropped 2 points against Burnley, meaning, Utd lead the way by 1 point of Pool. Some real decent buys from Pool and Utd, and Saints are getting there, but will another season without an EPL title keep the fans at bay?

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021