Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Let's go for the record (Again, Mikey's Game!)

vCash
    So we hammered out a few hours last night, to put the loss of 5 seasons work behind us, and we are off and running into season 62. Utd dropped 2 points against AI after being champ manned, but took a 90th minute equaliser to snatch a point. Southampton look promising with their start as to my Liverpool after taking the shield against Utd

Pepe's Brazil took the Copa, but he soon resigned after being thrashed by Spain in the Confederations, which was won my Ian's Argentina

Onwards

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    decent 4 hrs...ish yesterday.

an away slip up by mikey losing 1-0 means the doors open for us 2...pep is being solid...but struggling against us both...but cemeting 3rd place and not losing or dropping points to cpu teams...which is a positive...

gonna be the games between us that settles this season i think...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Another session concluded on this tonight, as we battle through season 62 and put to the back of our minds of the lost 5 seasons.
    Its always gonna be the games against each other that count, but that being said, AI have had their say as we head to the last 10-12 games of the season. My Pool lead the way by 7 points, but Utd have 3 games in had. Pepe is 3rd a further 5 points off the pace after some dreadful form tonight. Pool and Utd look 99% through to the Quarters if the CL whilst Pepe looks good in the Uefa Cup, having finished 5th last season. League Cup semi were just concluded where my Poo will once again play Ian's Utd in the final. We've avoided one another in the FA Cup Quarter Final draw, Pepe's Saints went out in the 3rd round after drawing Man Utd at home, and it finished 1-5

So business end of the season, anything can happen, all to play for, plenty of deals going on, nothing too massive, as pretty much 99% of the worlds best, already belong to us 3

Onwards

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    We hammered out a cracking session last night, which saw us conclude season 62 (again) but it didn't quite go like before.

The title went to Old Trafford as Ian claimed it, going down to the last game, where it was in his own hands, after crucially avoiding defeat at Anfield in early May, they held their nerve to win the remaining games, with Liverpool 2nd, and Pepe's Southampton way off the pace in 3rd, but an improvement for him and them, as they'll be in Champions League again next season

As for Pepe - he ended up with sweet FA, after he fell at the final hurdle in the Uefa Cup, which he was expected to win. A few changes I expect at St Marys, so things need to change if they're to challenge for the title

Me - well I can't complain at all, despite losing the league, I cleaned up in all the cups, and all against Man Utd, League Cup 3-0 but more impressively, the FA Cup and Champions League, both went my way by 5-0, something that shocked me if im honest

So as we (currently) try to fire through pre season, a lot of ins and out expected, few gems unearthed no doubt, few shock departures, or expected departures, but im sure it'll be an entertaining summer

Euro 2076 takes place, where for once, none of us will be active, Ian currently the only international manager, and hes mid world cup qualifying and certainly looks promising for qualification

If anyone wants a gander at the game, feel free with the link below, also this is a new safeguard point Ill make at the end of each season, (just in case) note - I think you'll need the 3.9.68 Tapani 2.19 in order to restore game

https://www.sendspace.com/file/v0ejy7

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    After a couple of decent sessions, we're off and running into season 63. Although, we've only literally just kicked it off, there's been a lot of activity over the past months. Pepe's Saints, hold a convincing 1st leg lead in the CL Qualifying, whilst the Shield went to my Liverpool after defeating Ian's Man Utd. Some real quality purchases been made, as expected, several youth buys, and many other bits and bobs, as we continue this record-beating network game.

1 of CM's many flaws, is International Management, where in many cases (African Teams) you'll get sacked despite a great record, this happened to AI, where England sacked their manager despite winning Euro, but never the less, that vacancy soon lead to changes, as Ian is now our home nations manager, for a 3rd time (I think) which currently leaves the Argentina hot seat available, as they're in command for the World Cup in 2 years time

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Holidays and Work have stalled this game abit, but still up and running with a hopeful session tomorrow night.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A nice 4 hour session to get into the new season....purchases all round and squad improvements for the first 10 or so games of the season..
    all doing well in the cups...flying thru those...

unbeaten so far for me and mikey in the league..
    pep has draw and lost one so lost some ground..

just started this season really...

catch up again with it this week!

onwwards!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Couple of real decent sessions on this, has seen us rocket through season 63, where I have to say, I've even shocked myself. Its late April in the year 2077, and I can't recall there ever being a season quite like it. The recent last few seasons for Southampton have been a struggle, and this season is no different, with a lot of dropped points here and there, a shock exit to AI in the F.A Cup, and to top it off, a League Cup final loss to my Liverpool. The only hope for Pepe, at best, is finishing 3rd, and the Champions League, where he's due a mouth watering Semi Final clash against Man Utd. As for Ian's Red Devils, its not been a terrible season, after 34 games(28/2/4) An FA Cup Quater Final Pens loss to my Liverpool, topped off the form of his bitter rival - me - After 31 games played, Liverpool, sit at the top with (31/0/0) An FA Cup Final match vs AI, and CL Semi against AI too. - so, the Quad is on, the perfect season, is on, but enough time for it all to go pair shaped. CL, can go to anyone of us 3,

Onwards

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    some great sessions to power thru this...
    Mikeys pool smashing it this season...Peps saints no where near as bad as previous seasons...comfortably 3rd..

anyones in the CL...should be Mikey v one of us...really...see how that game goes

Loving the regen finding!!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    After an almost 4 hour session this evening, we conclude season 63, and... I can't complain...
    All trophies went to Anfield, despite the perfect record attempt coming to an end, on league match 37, where I lost, and then drew the nextm finishing the season with a 36-1-1, which Ill take. Ian's Man Utd overturned their CL 1st Leg loss to Pep's Man Utd, but couldn't control the final against my Reds, despite many (if not all) players being way unfit after a long season. Like the League Cup, my Pool took the FA Cup with ease against AI opponents. So we're off and running into pre season, ad we've all been busy in the market, no doubt about that, Utd have made some quality signings, Saints, have pulled in a few, notably, a quality GK, and as for me, a few squad players drafted in, a few pain in the arses gotten rid of, and an old player (32 yr old GK) returning, to become the new number, after previous refusing to sign a deal

As for Internationals, Pepe's Holland, and Ian's England, both in control in their World Cup Groups, with qualification seeming a breeze, as we head towards World Cup 2078

If anyone wants a gander at the game, you can download it at the limk below - note, you'll need 3.9.68 & Tapani 2.19, in order to restore it (I think) as they're our specifications - enjoy

https://www.sendspace.com/file/cr8qo9

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    5 hours on this last night...powering thru..

mikey had the world club cup to contend with...4 games in 4 days...wrecked his squad saw him falling in extra time of semi...

mammoth 9 league games to make up in the league at one point..

looks like the league will go to the team thats does best in the games v us all...

pep having his best season in nearly 10 yrs...and is top of the table at the moment....utd and pool games in hand though...

on it!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 64 comes to an end, so as promised, an upload of the game (link at the bottom)

Well, what can we say about the season? -

EPL - Liverpool
    FA - Liverpool
    LG - Liverpool
    CL - Napoli (AI)

But the above being said, it was so so close, still a game to play, my Pool vs Ian's Utd, where anything less than a win for Utd will see them finish 3rd, meaning having to qualify for next seasons CL. The World Club Cup Curse, was as it was, for me, where It cost me the Champions League to the eventual winners - but I took the title (priority) with still a game to spae. Pepe's Saints have had thier best season in over 7 years, but can still end up 3rd, despite finishing with 100 points crazy

As we still continue our session, and conclude that last league game, the World Cup 2078 awaits, all 3 of us, Ian's England, Pepe's Holland, and my... USA, where the job came vacant despite their qualification, so I don't fancy my chances much

https://www.sendspace.com/file/54m9zz

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So season 64 comes to an end, as does World Cup 2078, after Pepe Page, Ian Doyle and I, concluded a 6 hour session after our 5 hours on Friday evening. The World Club Cup, is known for being a curse, it comes around every 2 years, and normally, whichever of us, that are included, tend to have a bad season, it was me this season, I took the World Club Cup, and as a result, had games in hand through out, with the other bits and bobs that came with winning last seasons Champs League. But it didn't prevent me from retaining the EPL, which I took with 2 games to spare, meaning, I could afford to lose my 2nd from last game to Ian's Man Utd. For Pepe, his Southampton finished on 100 points over the 38 league games, only to finish 3rd, something I think is crazy. Back to me, and my Liverpool, we retained the League Cup against Man Utd and also retained the FA Cup against AI opponents. The Champs League? well, Napoli took advantage of my fixture pile up and knocked me out in the Semi, whilst Man Utd edged through against Southampton, after 2 close matches, but AI proved to showcase ChampManning, at its very best, as they took the cup, beating Man Utd.

The came the World Cup, Ian's England, Pepe's Holland, or my USA, where I got the job shortly after they sacked their manager after qualifying (bizarre I know) for me, I was always gonna resign after the WC, and getting out the group stage was very satisfying for me, after shocking Brazil in the 3rd group game, but losing to Pepe's Dutch 4-0 proved it was no fairytail. England made it to the Semi to meet Holland, where once again, the Dutch came out on top to go through to the final against AI Germany, where they won on golden goal, so big up to Pepe there on the international front

So it's now a case of building for the new league season, where ins/outs have already begun. I fancy Southampton to make a strong challenge this season, I fancy Utd as theyve made some good signing, but... I also fancy my Liverpool for a hatrick, time will tell as we continute this record busting network game

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 65 is here, and it's been a busy summer in many respects. Firstly on the International front, Ian remains with Englad despite his early exit from the World Cup, whilst Pepe will continue with his champions - Holland - as Euro qualifyingbegins. For me, the Brazil job was there, but wasn't appealing, but the Russia vacancy was - so that's me back in the International scene on a self-imposed 2 year contract

Domestically, we've all been busy, located a few players here and there. Ian's made some shrewd purchases, as he unearths some real stars in the making, whilst I myself have picked up a few decent players, which could lead to a major player moving to Pepe's Southampton - a deal that isn't over the line yet, but clearly, they'll be players going in each direction involved in the deal.

Some people will says "Don't you get bored" and stuff like that, simple answer - no - I don't, and don't think Pepe or Ian do for a minute. Yes it's only the 3 of us challenging every season for all trophies, but the rivalry is there to the max, with every game, and player agreeing terms etc... maybe one day, we'll see Ian or Pepe move on for a new challenge, maybe not, as it took me 54 seasons before leaving Scunthorpe, but after 10 seasons at Liverpool, I'm going no where, for at least 6 more seasons anyway. I often thought, Pepe would jump ship from St Marys, as he ent won a title in roughly 8 seasons I think, but credit where its due, hes finally getting his squad together, and I've no doubt, will be a force in season 65, as it will Man Utd, and also (I hope) Liverpool

Onwards

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    6 hours last night!!!

domestic treble for UTD
    POOL win the champs league...world club champs curse next season...:-)
    PEP trophyless BUT hes put together 2 back to back seasons of being in the comps...defo improvement on previous 5

next season onwards

30. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    6 Hours Yesterday, and 6 Hours Friday - yes yes yes, we have very little in life, however, we're off and running into season 66. It was an awful start from Pep and his Southampton who lost at home to AI then drew away, then lost the opening game in their CL group, so already off the pace. Sheild went to Pool after a thrilling game over Utd. As far as the leagues concerned, early pacesetter is Liverpool, after beating Man Utd 3-0, but these games, and the return fxitures, are normally what settle the league outcome, so a long long way to go.

Onwards

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 66 is now done...

World Club Cup Curse??

What Curse, Mikey took that home with him.

Premier League went to Anfield along with both the FA and League Cup crowns.

The delivery guys had to stop and ask for directions to St. Mary's as they delivered the first Champions League trophy to arrive there in 9 years!

It left Ian to cry into his empty pint glass as he ended trophyless.

Euro 2080 is just around the corner. My Holland and Ian's England must be considered 2 of the favourites. Mikey on the other hand is sitting there waiting for the right country to vacate their managerial hotseat.

ONWARDS!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ad for anyone wishing to have a gander at the game, (note - you'll need the 3.9.68 patch and a Tapani Applied)
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/6n82eu

This is also a method of protecting the game, as I'll do this at the end of each season

vCash
    As an additional update to the end of season from Pepe -

So we come to the end of season 66, and I as Liverpool - can't complain, a 3rd title in the last 4 seasons, yet another FA and League Cup, an unbeaten record, which also stretched in the 1 competition that I didn't take (where 2 draws saw me lose on away goals to the eventual winners) Winning all the minor trophies along the way didn't derail my EPL challenge either (won Champs League Last Season), and added to all that, also took the World Club Cup

Credit it where its due to Pepe Page who won his first trophy in 5 seasons, he'll consider himself lucky to have played an AI opponent in the final after Ian Doyle's Man Utd suffered a shock Semi Final loss to Napoli, who of course were the last AI to win it. Man Utd had quite a backlog of games in hand during the month of May, where it really caught up with them, which saw their Semi 2nd leg fall apart, and despite winning their own games, just couldnt see Liverpool slip up

Onto Euro 2080, where Pepe Page's World Champions - Holland - will fancy themselves, as will Ian Doyle's England. For me, I had the Russia job at the start of qualifying, and after 3 wins from 3, I felt it werent for me, therefore stepped down, all about club football, and I feel it was a decision well made

vCash
    So Season 67 is upon us:-

All 3 of us have made a few tweaks to our teams with an emphasis on the future. A few gems have been unearthed between us.

The early glory went to Ian's Man Utd as they defeated Mikey's Liverpool in the Charity Shield. Whereas I added an Intercontinental Title and the Super Cup to the trophy cabinet!

After 3 games Ian is currently sitting in 2nd with 7 points.
    After 3 games Mikey is sitting top with 9 points.
    After 2 games i'm sitting 10th with 3 points.

On the international front Euro 2080 saw Ian's England on the plane home from Ireland after a shock defeat in the Quarter Finals. It left my Holland to negotiate our way to the trophy and me to negotiate my exit from the role. Being the reigning World and European Champions meant I had nothing left to win and also meant I can concentrate on having a stab at the Premiership crown.

Mikey ended up returning to Spain and Ian was lucky to remain in the England hotseat after their early exit.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice one Pepe

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Another decent session yesterday, we're really hammering out some gametime on this recently - early doors still in season 67, advantage Pool, after they won against Utd in the 1st of many big games. Few points have been dropped by Saints, also a draw for Utd, but Pool looking good, but like I said, early doors, a long way to go, anything can happen

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So we had an hour on this last night, and I managed to stream the session. Although we didn't get a massive amount of games concluded, this is a good video to have a real in-sight into how things stand

https://www.facebook.com/michael.cha...=group_comment

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Another 4.5 hours on this badboy and season 67 is finished:-

1. Liverpool - 112 points
    2. Man Utd 96 points
    3. Southampton 93 points

Premier League - Liverpool
    League Cup - Liverpool
    FA Cup - Southampton
    Champions League - Southampton

Mikey walked away with the title this season and defeated AI in the League Cup.

Southampton retained the Champions League by defeating Mikey's Pool in the final and also defeated them to add the FA Cup to the trophy cabinet.

It means its another season without a trophy at OT. As I have found out it MIGHT take a couple of seasons before Ian's challenging but then again he may be strong enough next season!

Time will tell!

Tasty couple of players joining our clubs and replacing the deadwood. Finding the gems ahead of the other 2 is the target it seems!

International

Mikey is going strong as Spain gaffer, as is Ian's England.

Im still waiting for the right country to sack their gaffer but im happy to focus on my saints

ONWARDS!

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great write up, but you forgot 1 major thing . . . .

38 out of 38 League Wins, now that's a first for any of us so I think it was 114 points

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post: