Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Let's go for the record (Again, Mikey's Game!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    Great write up, but you forgot 1 major thing . . . .

38 out of 38 League Wins, now that's a first for any of us so I think it was 114 points
    Oh Yes! but wasn't gonna mention it! Dont wanna set a too high target for myself!

vCash
    Nit a good year...held on to some ageing players..1 season too many....already replaced with reserves...see what happens

vCash
    Looking forward to yet another season on this record game

vCash
    And for anyone wanting a gander at the game, the end of season safeguard upload

https://www.sendspace.com/file/8m6ovt

Note - You'll need Tapani 2.19 to load the game via the 3.9.68

vCash
    We're off and running into season 68. Very early doors, but Pepe takes the Shield, as he does the Super Cup. Only a couple games into the season, which have all gone as expected, these small hour sessions have really seen us power through pre season, which has seen a couple of big players leave Liverpool, its seen Man Utd make some cracking signings, and the the turn around at Southampton continues - no doubt its all about an EPL challenge for Pepe this season, For Ian, he'll want a trophy one way or another, and for me, theres real questions that have the sales been mis-timed, and its replacements qualities - only time will tell

Pepe is back on the international scene, by takig the Brazil job, 1 that he (and all of us) have had a few times over the past 67 years. And with this being a World Cup season, its a good call for him. I'm still Spain, whilst Ian still has England, so when the time comes, we'll all be expected to be battling. England lost in the Confederations up Semi, which was a shock, that being said, as far as Im concerned, its all about the real major ones that count

Onwards

vCash
    Hi guys Would be possible to join this online league? I would love to!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantacalcio View Post
    Hi guys Would be possible to join this online league? I would love to!!
    Afraid not mate, as keep this record game between the 3 of us that started it, however, keep an eye out on here and FB, theres always games starting, some casual, which are idea for people connecting for the first time. In fairness, you wouldn't wanna walk straight into someone else's long term network game, I suggest, hold fire, have a scout about

vCash
    Powering through this week..with some nightly play each day.

We seem to be back to a top 3 this yr..pep has turned things round....its tight at the top with 3 pts in it between 1st and 3rd..

weve all taken points off each other

some early fictures between us in the cups means UTD are on their own in the semis of league cup
    and pool knocked out utd in 3rd round of FA cup

Worl club win for pep ..but the curse has affected his games when he lost to AI...to halter his prem bid

business end of the season to come

vCash
    This season is going down to the wire, closest its been in many many years, where all 3 of us really close. Pepe's Saints finished 2nd in their Phase 2 of the CL, meaning a Quarter Finals Showdown, with Man Utd awaits. League Cup looks good for Old Trafford, whilst Saints and my Pool will meet in FA Cup Semi Final -so AI really having a great season

The league is so so tight, with the ball in Utd's court by a point on equal games, and Saints 3 points back after a shock home loss against AI, but... there is 1 game that could really settle it - the last league of the season, Liverpool vs Man Utd - interesting
    Last edited by Offside Trap; 29-10-19 at 11:02 PM.

vCash
    After a decent session tonight, we concluded season 68, and yet again, it was hot stuff at the end

The League Cup was already won by Ian's Man Utd, who took out AI in the final.

Pepe's Southampton took the FA Cup, also against AI, after beating my Liverpool in the Semi

The EPL went down to the final game of the season - Pool vs Utd, but it was advantage me, after Pepe's Saints stole 3 points in their league game at home to Utd, despite having 2 men sent off. Final match at Anfield finished all square, meaning my Liverpool retain the title, for a 3rd in a row, 5 in the last 6 seasons. But another year passes, and Southampton are no where to be seen in the top 2, let alone 1st

The Champions League - you can't script it, Pool vs Utd, with the latter having disbatched the Saints over 2 legs in the semi, and scraping through on away goals. The final kicked off, and Utd came out the blocks taking a 2-0 lead, before a collection of 2nd half goals, saw Utd claim the trophy as the game finished 5-4

The World Cup is next on the agenda, (should be streaming this all being well) where Ian's England, my Spain, and Pepe's Brazil, will all be expected to at least make the last 4. But for the time being, it's all about building, locating youth, finding a gem, or that regen neither of us have found yet, already some done deals for when the window opens, but a long way to go before we kick off season 69

Onwards!

vCash
    After a stream of preseason (link below) we're off and running into the World Cup of 2082, alot of wheeling and dealing going on, with some world class players making big moves to us 3 giants of the EPL, the competition that is a priority for all of us

https://www.facebook.com/michael.cha...omment_mention

A link to the game is below, if anyone wishes to have a gander, note - you'll need 3.9.68 & Tapai 2.19 to restore

https://www.spendspace.com/file/99lq2n

vCash
    So season 69 has come to an end, and as ever, a thrilling end to the season, as we hit late May of the year 2083. The dominance of Liverpool in the EPL came to an end, as Man Utd took the crown, to ensure there wasn't a record 4th title in a row. Adding to their EPL, is the League Cup, after Utd beat Liverpool on pens, to retain the competition. The FA Cup returned to Anfield after they beat AI in the Final, after knocking out rival, Man Utd, at the semi final stage. The Champions League also returned to Liverpool, after a 3 year spell, as they beat deservedly beat Southampton in the Final, after the Saints took out Man Utd in the Semi over 2 legs. So 2 cups for Utd, 2 for Pool, meaning sweet FA once again for Pepe Page and his Southampton, who once again, finish 3rd place and some way behind their 2 biggest rivals. All 3 of us have been active for when the window opens, with Youth being key for Saints and myself, whilst Ian Doyle has made some cracking additions.

It's about season 70 which is fast approaching, with Pepe Page still in charge of Brazil, and Ian Doyle still at the helpm for England - for me, I'm on my sabbitical from the International scene

https://www.sendspace.com/file/j8bj7h

If anyone wishes to have a gander, the game is right there, note - you'll need Tapani 2.19 to restore, not sure about other versions

vCash
    Season 70 is upon us in this record network game

Whilst Liverpool have taken the early trophies, (Shield, Super Cup, Intercontinental) Pepe's Saint are already off the pace. A monster opening weeks clash saw Saints and Man Utd share the spoils, with Pepe's side then suffering a defeat and draw to AI opponents. Pool have started well, although only a couple league games in. Some real big activity gone on in the market, with Pool offloading 2 world class players, 1 of which, to Man Utd.

Pepe's Brazil took the Copa America, but its all about the EPL.

vCash
    Pepe had a shocker so far....he was on the up and up as well...very young squad for him at the moment...

nice brazilan RM recently bought...

Mikey just completed the World club cup...5 games to make up...which usually has an affect at the end of the year

played a ton of this so far this month....sessions most nights or every other night....

tons of fun!

vCash
    Couple hours last night and another couple tonight, sees us fly through season 70, and what a session for Pepe

Have a look at tonights action, as I'd streamed it all

https://www.facebook.com/michael.cha...omment_mention

vCash

And so season 70 has flown by , and it was a season for Ian to forget. He was a defeated finalist in both the Champions League and the FA Cup as Mikey took them home to Anfield.

Also after a shocking run at the end of the season (World Club Cup Curse), Mikey snuck the Premier League title on the final day of the season.

Mikey also won the Community Shield, League Cup, Intercontinental Cup and Super Cup to win all 8 available club trophies for the season and now has a room in the stadium for his massive head and ego!

Me on the otherhand, had the worst season ever. Early exits from both domestic cups and 1st group, I ended up in the same group as Mikey's pool who also won their 1st round. STRANGE!

A sneaky minor tactical switch, saw results improve at St. Mary's elevating me to 3rd in the league.......... AGAIN!! - Meaning another Champions League Qualifier next season for me!

A major firesale has seen a number of departures from St Mary's (BUT NOT ME!! ), as I NEED to have a go at catching up the other two. Big arrival imminent at St. Mary's as Ronaldo's regen sets up home on the south coast. A few other deals for Mikey and Ian as they just tinker with things and promote youth.

On the International Front, Ian's England are in Euro Championship Tournament action, whereas my Brazil side, are already on the beach. Could I be tempted back to Europe with the right job? Will Mikey return to the international scene? Time will tell.

ONWARDS!

vCash
    I wanna dedicate season 70, to my Hamster - Smokey,
    He's been with me from day 1, since the I first took training at Scunthorpe, ad without him, I am nothing

vCash
    Copy of the game, if anyone wants a gander, note, you'll need Tapani 2.19

https://www.sendspace.com/file/8dshxk

vCash
    The European Championships are now over and the big news is............................................

Ian did not win it!!

A shock 4-0 drubbing at the French meant Ian's England were defeated at the Semi-Final stage, leaving AI to take the trophy.

After the tournament concluded and the poor managers were relieved of their duties, I swept in and took the ONLY job that came up and began yet ANOTHER spell in charge of ze Germans!

That left the Brazil hotseat available AGAIN, and Mikey decided it was the job for him and booked his ticket to Copacabana Beach.

ONWARDS!

vCash
    To Echo the above:

We fired out a 3 hour session last night, to steer our way through pre-season, and ready to launch season 71. Plenty of transfer acitivity has taken place, notably, from me, which has seen me making mega deals with my 2 biggest rivials, in order to get a fair deal done with players going either way - it could backfire, who knows. Never the less, we're all raring to go, with Pepe's Southampton really on the backbone after last seasons disaster, he'll be all out for a trophy, but question is, can it be the EPL? as for Utd, they'll be a force, with ease, some superb signings will ensure they're up there, come end of season

As stated, I return to the International scene with Brazil, Pepe goes back to Germany, and Ian remains as England boss

Onwards abd Upwards as we hit yet another milestone, and we aim close to celebrating 6 years since we kicked off this game

vCash
    6 years

70 seasons!!!

vCash
    We're off and running onto season 71, and for 1 of us, its a very similar story. I think we all agree that the EPL is priority, never the less, Man Utd finally stopped the dominance of Liverpools trophy hogg from last season, after demolishing them in the sheild to give Ian early door - for me, this was something I could get over, however, for Pepe and his beloved Southamton, it was a shock exit in the Champs Lg qualifying, meaning Uefa Cup action for him this season, and to rub salt in the wounds at St Marys, they then lost a league game to AI to already be 3 points off the pace as we hit early September of the year 2084. The Super Cup and Intercontinental Cup remained at Anfield as both matches were won with ease. Nothing much more in terms of transfer activity, but the opening league weekend alone, saw me win 7-0, and my 2 biggest rivals, 6-0, this is sure to be a statement of what is installed for us, as this badboy continues

vCash
    The business end of season 71, and it's gonna go right to the wire it seems. Pepe's Saints are off the pace, but can have a big say in the title, as they're to host Man Utd, but as it stands, Utd lead Liverpool by a single point on equal games. After Pool recently won 5-0 away to Southamptons, it brings the next top 3 clash closer with so much at stake. In fairness, its been a 2 horse race from the off, despite Saints winning at Pool and claming a draw at Utd, they've dropped several points to AI. As for the Champions League, Pool and Utd look good for a quarter finals place, with Saints in the latter stages of the Uefa Cup. As for the League Cup, Saints will away their final opponents, as Utd hold a 2-0 lead over Pool, with the 2nd leg around the corner. All 3 top guns fighting well in the FA Cup. Pepe's Germany look good for World Cup qualification, Ian's England are already there as host nation, and so are my Brazil as they won it when Pepe was in charge

We've all made some big signings, not so much the value, but the quality that has been located from each of us, is sure to extend this record ChampMan Network Game, as we continue to play the game, as we almost hit our 6th birthday from when it first started all those years ago

vCash
    Another session sees us on the home straight of season 71, with Ma Utd still leading Liverpool by a single point on equal games. Although Utd still have to play at Southampton, you can't see them slipping up as theyve been in brutal form, having won the League Up against them, and knocking them out the FA Cup Semi, making it a straight forward Domestic Cup Double Bound. As for Champs League, we've just concluded the Quarters, so awaiting the last 4 draw, where Liverpool could land Man Utd, the next continue will give us an answer. Meanwhile Southampton booked their place in the Uefa Cup final, meaning a possibility of something brand spanking new next season - with the World Club Cup every 2 years, its normally the previous Champs League winners, and Uefa Cup winners, as if it goes as expected, 2 of us 3 will claim them meaning for the first time, 2 of us will be in next seasons World Club Cup, interesting.

Southampton really off the pace in the league, and will have to settle for a 3rd place finish, once again, and hope a Uefa Cup win can spring board them into life for an EPL challenge next season, as this will now be 15 years since Saints have won the top flight, and 13 years out the top 2. Liverpool and Man Utd continue to get stronger with quality, youth and depth, meaning... another poor season from the Saints will surely rasie questions over the man the helm

A shock move from Pool in the market saw them purchase a LB, a quality one of that, but a position not used, one can only assume, it was a tactic to avoid rival teams of becoming stronger. Another strange move saw Southampton sell a quality and versatile player, to Man Utd, for what was seen as a small amount, along with an merely a good prospect of an MC, who knows what these guys have up their sleeve

The world cup 2086 is a season away, but thats the focus when it comes to the international scene, Ian's England and my Brazil have a warm up game against one another, whilsyt Pepe's germany will easily book their place

Onwards to this record network online game

vCash
    Season 71 comes to an end

Credit where it's due, Ian's Man Utd cleaned up on all fronts, the quad - its been a while, and to many, been coming. Winning a vital league game in hand at Southampton was key, but the follow up round of games, saw Liverpool lose to AI and hand Utd the title with a game to spare. The League Cup was already at Old Trafford before tonights session kicked off after beating Saints, then adding the FA Cup, after beating AI in the final. Then came the Champions League final, against whoelse? but Liverpool, where despite a few players out, Utd came good to take it.

What was more of a shock, or disgrace, however you wanna see it, Southampton lose the Uefa Cup final to Malmo on Pens, so by the end of the season, Pepe and I, without a dime bar tio show, whilst Ian showcases it all. So now preperation starts for season 72, where I'm sure we'll see some ins and outs, especially at St Marys. Its a World Cup year, for what thats worth. For me... well Im still raging... but had to be fair in a positive season for 1 of us