Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Let's go for the record (Again, Mikey's Game!)

vCash
    cracking season....just seemd to have the edge over you guys in the heads to heads which are vital in this game....

Ibra regen massive help...but grundman from liverpool has been a big success....

Pep v malmo is one of the biggest shocks...hopefully were all back on it next season...pep back in champs league...but still 20 points behind us in league...

mikey finals and 2nd place....ive been there..."almost" seasons...

on to season 72...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Can we no longer acknowledge a post with the 'thanks' tab?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Doesnt look like it...

slight revamp to forum...shoutbox gone?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A crazy 4 hour session tonight, streamed live, saw us power through pre season, and ready for the charity shield, it saw me (as Brazil) win the Copa, finish runners up in the Confederations, then resign as manager A few tweaks in mine and Man Utds squads, not as much as expected at Southamton though, and more so, the 1st leg of the CL qualifying is underway, already, Pepe on the back foot, as he needs to overturn a 3-1 deficit

A copy of the game if anyone wishes to have a gander, note, youll need tapani 2.19 & 3.9.68

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4biaop

A copy of the 4 hour stream if you struggle sleeping

https://www.facebook.com/michael.cha...=group_comment

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    After a shock defeat in the Champions League qualifying last season and an even worse UEFA Cup final defeat - DAMN MALMO!! - I made it through this season, albeit only just after overturning a 3-1 defecit to win 4-3 on aggregate. So the Champions League group stage awaited my return!!

After 3 games, I have a 100% record! On a lesser note so do Mikey & Ian!!

In Premier League action, it's very early days with only 6 games but Mikey's Liverpool are the early pacesetters with a record of 5-1-0. Ian's Man Utd sit 3rd with a record of 4-1-0 from 5 games. My Southampton currently sit in 7th with a record of 3-0-1 from 4 games as the first head to head league game took place and it saw Liverpool defeat Southampton 2-0.

Not much international action -

Mikey remains out of work on the international front.
    My Germany won the 2 qualifying games for the World Cup 2086!
    Ian's England are currently sunbathing whilst waiting about as they don't need to qualify as they have hosting rights!

ONWARDS!!!!

vCash
    Nice one Pepe

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It's been a shakey start to the season for all 3 of us, My Pool beating Pepe's Saints, then losing to AI. Saints then beating Man Utd before drawing 2 games against AI, Man Utd losing at home to AI - been real crazy, I put it down to a dodgy session last night, as we also endured 2 crashes, but the weekly save played its part. So as ot stands, I've the slight edge, with Saints then Utd, but so early to say whos in control, but rest assured, it will be as exciting as ever. All safely though to CL 2nd Phase and all 4 of us in the quarters of the League Cup, question is, which 2 of us will clash at the Semi final stage, assuming we make it? Still abit of tweaking here and there in the squads, with a couple players' moves to us, all still being blocked by our boards, dam game, but all in all, very exciting stuff

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    As we hit May 2086 :-

Premier League

Ian sits top with a record of 29-3-2 from 34 games
    Mikey sits second with a record of 28-4-4 from 36 games
    I sit 3rd with a record of 25-5-6 from 36 games

League Cup

The League Cup went to St Mary's after my Southampton defeated Ian's Man Utd to bring the trophy home.

FA Cup

The FA Cup came as a huge surprise as NONE of us made it to the final.
    Mikey's Liverpool fell to Ian's Man Utd in the 5th round, whereas Middlesbrough were the victors against my Southampton in the Quarter Final stage. They then went on to defeat Man Utd in the Semi's, meaning AI will be walking away with the trophy for the first time since 2058

Champions League

I defeated Liverpool at the Quarter Final stage and it resulted in an upcoming confrontation with Man Utd in the final.

Mikey has decided to switch formation, resulting in him spending big on full backs. Could this change result in him improving his team?

We'll see!!

Internationals

Friendlies are the name of the game as we await World Cup 86 in England.
    Could this tournament see Mikey return to international management?

ONWARDS!!
    Last edited by PepeP; 13-12-19 at 03:50 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    In a follow up to Pepe's summary above, season 72 comes to an end. Man Utd retained the EPL, Saints took the League Cup, AI took the FA Cup, and Man Utd took the Champions League. A firesale currently taking place at Anfield, fill a big for a 5 I beleive is the offer atm. World Cup 2086 is uderway, as we're literally in the process of a session (the long updates in June)

Some decent signings at Old Trafford, a few young guns at Saints, and an entire new look for Liverpool - onto season 73 in this record network game as the Lords Of Cm continue

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    In a follow up to Pepe's summary above, season 72 comes to an end. Man Utd retained the EPL, Saints took the League Cup, AI took the FA Cup, and Man Utd took the Champions League. A firesale currently taking place at Anfield, fill a big for a 5 I beleive is the offer atm. World Cup 2086 is uderway, as we're literally in the process of a session (the long updates in June)

Some decent signings at Old Trafford, a few young guns at Saints, and an entire new look for Liverpool - onto season 73 in this record network game as the Lords Of Cm continue
    FILL A BIG!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hahah Dick Head

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    6 Years ago today, we were feeling pretty shitty, Pepe, Ian and myself had just lost a 12 season network game as EPL teams, I'd say roughly 6-9 months work, but, we bit the bullet and started a new adventure - all you gotta do to know the rest, is read from Post #1

Here we are, the year is 2084, the World Cup has just concluded, and it was a brilliant performance from Ian's England, who have been off form on the international scene in recent events, but he's steadied the ship, and the work has paid off, as the host nation are once again, Kings Of The World, having beaten defending champs - Brazil in the final. Pepe's Germany went out in the early knockout stage, which he'll be gutted about, as he was bidding for a 3rd successive world cup win with a a 3rd different nation but it just wasn't to be for the Saints Manager. It's all about domestic football now, as season 72 is right around the corner

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4y4q7m

Above is a link to the game (for safe keeping) and if anyone wants a gander at the game. Note - you'll need 3.9.68 and Tapani 2.19 to restore the game
    Last edited by Offside Trap; Yesterday at 03:40 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425