Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Let's go for the record (Again, Mikey's Game!)

vCash
    cracking season....just seemd to have the edge over you guys in the heads to heads which are vital in this game....

Ibra regen massive help...but grundman from liverpool has been a big success....

Pep v malmo is one of the biggest shocks...hopefully were all back on it next season...pep back in champs league...but still 20 points behind us in league...

mikey finals and 2nd place....ive been there..."almost" seasons...

on to season 72...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Can we no longer acknowledge a post with the 'thanks' tab?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Doesnt look like it...

slight revamp to forum...shoutbox gone?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A crazy 4 hour session tonight, streamed live, saw us power through pre season, and ready for the charity shield, it saw me (as Brazil) win the Copa, finish runners up in the Confederations, then resign as manager A few tweaks in mine and Man Utds squads, not as much as expected at Southamton though, and more so, the 1st leg of the CL qualifying is underway, already, Pepe on the back foot, as he needs to overturn a 3-1 deficit

A copy of the game if anyone wishes to have a gander, note, youll need tapani 2.19 & 3.9.68

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4biaop

A copy of the 4 hour stream if you struggle sleeping

https://www.facebook.com/michael.cha...=group_comment

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    After a shock defeat in the Champions League qualifying last season and an even worse UEFA Cup final defeat - DAMN MALMO!! - I made it through this season, albeit only just after overturning a 3-1 defecit to win 4-3 on aggregate. So the Champions League group stage awaited my return!!

After 3 games, I have a 100% record! On a lesser note so do Mikey & Ian!!

In Premier League action, it's very early days with only 6 games but Mikey's Liverpool are the early pacesetters with a record of 5-1-0. Ian's Man Utd sit 3rd with a record of 4-1-0 from 5 games. My Southampton currently sit in 7th with a record of 3-0-1 from 4 games as the first head to head league game took place and it saw Liverpool defeat Southampton 2-0.

Not much international action -

Mikey remains out of work on the international front.
    My Germany won the 2 qualifying games for the World Cup 2086!
    Ian's England are currently sunbathing whilst waiting about as they don't need to qualify as they have hosting rights!

ONWARDS!!!!

vCash
    Nice one Pepe

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It's been a shakey start to the season for all 3 of us, My Pool beating Pepe's Saints, then losing to AI. Saints then beating Man Utd before drawing 2 games against AI, Man Utd losing at home to AI - been real crazy, I put it down to a dodgy session last night, as we also endured 2 crashes, but the weekly save played its part. So as ot stands, I've the slight edge, with Saints then Utd, but so early to say whos in control, but rest assured, it will be as exciting as ever. All safely though to CL 2nd Phase and all 4 of us in the quarters of the League Cup, question is, which 2 of us will clash at the Semi final stage, assuming we make it? Still abit of tweaking here and there in the squads, with a couple players' moves to us, all still being blocked by our boards, dam game, but all in all, very exciting stuff

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    As we hit May 2086 :-

Premier League

Ian sits top with a record of 29-3-2 from 34 games
    Mikey sits second with a record of 28-4-4 from 36 games
    I sit 3rd with a record of 25-5-6 from 36 games

League Cup

The League Cup went to St Mary's after my Southampton defeated Ian's Man Utd to bring the trophy home.

FA Cup

The FA Cup came as a huge surprise as NONE of us made it to the final.
    Mikey's Liverpool fell to Ian's Man Utd in the 5th round, whereas Middlesbrough were the victors against my Southampton in the Quarter Final stage. They then went on to defeat Man Utd in the Semi's, meaning AI will be walking away with the trophy for the first time since 2058

Champions League

I defeated Liverpool at the Quarter Final stage and it resulted in an upcoming confrontation with Man Utd in the final.

Mikey has decided to switch formation, resulting in him spending big on full backs. Could this change result in him improving his team?

We'll see!!

Internationals

Friendlies are the name of the game as we await World Cup 86 in England.
    Could this tournament see Mikey return to international management?

ONWARDS!!
    Last edited by PepeP; 13-12-19 at 03:50 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    In a follow up to Pepe's summary above, season 72 comes to an end. Man Utd retained the EPL, Saints took the League Cup, AI took the FA Cup, and Man Utd took the Champions League. A firesale currently taking place at Anfield, fill a big for a 5 I beleive is the offer atm. World Cup 2086 is uderway, as we're literally in the process of a session (the long updates in June)

Some decent signings at Old Trafford, a few young guns at Saints, and an entire new look for Liverpool - onto season 73 in this record network game as the Lords Of Cm continue

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    In a follow up to Pepe's summary above, season 72 comes to an end. Man Utd retained the EPL, Saints took the League Cup, AI took the FA Cup, and Man Utd took the Champions League. A firesale currently taking place at Anfield, fill a big for a 5 I beleive is the offer atm. World Cup 2086 is uderway, as we're literally in the process of a session (the long updates in June)

Some decent signings at Old Trafford, a few young guns at Saints, and an entire new look for Liverpool - onto season 73 in this record network game as the Lords Of Cm continue
    FILL A BIG!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hahah Dick Head

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    6 Years ago today, we were feeling pretty shitty, Pepe, Ian and myself had just lost a 12 season network game as EPL teams, I'd say roughly 6-9 months work, but, we bit the bullet and started a new adventure - all you gotta do to know the rest, is read from Post #1

Here we are, the year is 2084, the World Cup has just concluded, and it was a brilliant performance from Ian's England, who have been off form on the international scene in recent events, but he's steadied the ship, and the work has paid off, as the host nation are once again, Kings Of The World, having beaten defending champs - Brazil in the final. Pepe's Germany went out in the early knockout stage, which he'll be gutted about, as he was bidding for a 3rd successive world cup win with a a 3rd different nation but it just wasn't to be for the Saints Manager. It's all about domestic football now, as season 72 is right around the corner

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4y4q7m

Above is a link to the game (for safe keeping) and if anyone wants a gander at the game. Note - you'll need 3.9.68 and Tapani 2.19 to restore the game
    Last edited by Offside Trap; 15-12-19 at 03:40 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A couple weeks have passed, and we've had a good few sessions in that time, hour here, 2 hours there, and we now head into the business end of season 72, and its been, as ever, a rollercoaster of a season, mostly because, we're seeing something, we haven't seen in years and year - Southampton making an EPL challenge, thats right folks, Pepe's Saints are not out the title race yet, far from it, as it stands, Man Utd lead the way with 65 points, Southampton 63 Points, and my Liverpool 62 points - all on equal games. Last session saw Ian's Utd have a horrid time dropping points left right and centre, which has enabled my Pool to gain some points, having lost ground earlier in the season.

Utd also tumbled out the League Cup to AI, leaving Me and Pepe, to conclude our Semi Final with the clash of a final looking likely. We're all i the FA Cup 5th round stage, but there is a tie of the round, Saints take on Liverpool, so one of us will fall. Then theres the Champions League, which resumes soon, Pool are in their group, and expected to asdvance, as are Utd and Saints, however, the latter finishing 2nd in phase 1, meant there was a chance (and it happened) where they met Utd in the 2nd group phase, so far, advantage Utd, but never the less, both will be expected to qualify, but it means 2nd place, could meet Pool in the quarters

On the trransfer front, for me and Liverpool, (this is where I've messed up) I decided to go to a flat back 4 this season after 2 trophyless seasons, and its been horrid, despite the big money signings, so currently chopping and changing, and back on the famous Middle Man Tactic, having had to reshuffle. Utd have once again, made some superb signings, to sustain a strong depth of a squad, with Southampton, slowly and surely, getting there, but do they have the depth to go the distance

International front - something, Im pretty bored with, but always find myself back in a hotseat, currently Spain manager, for yet another stint, look to claim a place at Euro 2088, as does Pepe and his Italy, a nation neither of us have managed much at all. Ian's England, are current World Champions, and I think.. are the host nation of the upcoming Euro, as theres no qualification for them, but never the less, always a force

A very happy new year from Pepe, Ian and myself, as we continue to smash through all records of a network game. Whilst some may say, "sad" we love it, and we maintain the concept of "Keeping The Game Alive" as we aim for our next milestone, 75 seasons I think we agreed on, then of course will be the next one - "100 seasons"

Onwards to it

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 72 Review:-

They say good things come to those who wait, well after 17 seasons, the Premier League trophy returns to the south coast! During the open top bus parade, Boss Pep P thanked the fans for the belief and patience in getting the team back to the good old days. He also paid tribute to the players, that kept him in the job. He then joked how he'd rung up to arrange a spot in the trophy cabinet for the trophy, but had to describe exactly what the trophy looked like to the people on the phone! He then proceeded to continue swigging from another bottle of champagne as celebrations raged on into the night!

Premier League:-

1st - Southampton 28-8-2 (92 POINTS)
    2nd - Man Utd 27-8-3 (89 POINTS)
    3rd - Liverpool 26-7-5 (85 POINTS)

LEAGUE CUP - Southampton 4-3 Liverpool - My Southampton defeated Mikey's Liverpool in a hard fought game

FA CUP - Man Utd 2-0 Fulham - Easy win against AI saw Ian take the FA Cup trophy back to Old Trafford

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - Southampton 3-1 Man Utd - A tough victory for Saints saw the Champions League also return to St Mary's after a 5 year absence.

Meaning I dont have to qualify for the Champions League for the first time in 17 seasons!

It also means Mikey brought absolutely NO TROPHIES to Anfield this season, as Southampton fans troll him on social media for his past remarks about their club!

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT -

All quiet at the moment as no tournament football at the present time.

ROLL ON SEASON 73!

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    We've got through a good few hours tonight, which sees us at the start of season 73, and boy has there been some transfer activity, well for me anyway, I've had a gut at my defence, got some new recruits in, an old face, and done some tweaking in the reserves. Made a deal with 1 of my rivals to see us both end up with our desired player. Utd have purchased well, and seen some youth make the step up, and then theres Pepe and his Saints, not too much going on at St Marys, but who am I to question the current champ onwards as we continue to set the world a light with this game

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A few cracking sessions (with the help of Pepe having a week off work) has seen us power through and conclude season 74 in this epic of a network game. As ever, it was as entertaining as it can be, going down to the final league match to see who would claim the EPL. The League Cup - Pepe took this with ease against AI, The FA Cup - I took this with ease against AI, The Champions League - Pepe took this against AI so AI having quite the season, giving us all scares that they may be a force once again. The EPL - With 1 game to go, it was in my own hands, with a 2 point gap over Ian, it was a case that I had to win to claim the priority trophy, and it went according to play, so the title returns to Anfield. With that all being said, it was much needed success for me, after 3 trophyless seasons, a decent season for Pepe on the Cup front, but he was way behind in 3rd, for Ian and his Man Utd, it was a rare trophyless season, something he'll look to work on, as preperation has already began for next season, the milestone, Season 75 -

Its Euro 2088 this summer, with all 3 of us challenging, Pepe has his Italy, Ian has England, and I have Spain, although I have recently announced, Im leaving afterwards, regardless of the outcome

A few major deals already been done, 1 specific one, involving Liverpool and Man Utd, a deal that may make the difference at Old Trafford, and may well upset a few fans.

A copy of the save is at the link below, if anyone would like a gander at the game, you'll need a zip program to extract, then place it in your CM folder, note, you'll need Tapani 2.19 to restore it, can't be sure, it will load on any other versions like ODB or 3.9.68, but you're welcome to try.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/2hfuys

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Into the 2088..Euros!!

Pretty sure one of us will win it!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    And so Euro 2088 concludes, Italy eliminated at the quarters to AI's Russia, then Spain eliminated at thew Semis to the same nation, but Ian's England proved to strong in the final, and are champions. No soone has the event concluded, my resignation was on the desk if the Spanish FA, not sure if Pepe will keep his job at Italy, next few continues will tell, as the we currently sit on July 2nd the year is 2088, and season 75 is only 6 weeks or so away, so its all about the preperation now for the domestic season ahead. Pepe will take his place in the Super Cup and Intercontinental Cup, (no world club cup this year) I've a feel, but the season opener, we'll have seen a few more ins and outs

ONWARDS

vCash
    still on this bad boy...

Major news that Mikey is having quite possibly the worst season hes had in many years if not ever in this game...

still beat me in FA cup due to a helpful red card ...but ...his league form has come out of nowhere....with a lot of shocking losses and defeats to both myself and pep an AI teams...

a few rash sales might have cost him as quality is rare as we all bid for the top players...

definetly able to turn it round...but just an out of the blue season for him....

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    And so Season 75 comes to an end, and what a finale it was, and what a turn of events. Where do we start? The League Cup, that went to Pepe and his Southampton, beating Ian's Man Utd in the final. The FA Cup, that went to me, and my Liverpool, beating AI in the final, albeit, only just. The EPL, that was Man Utd's from the moment go, boasting a unbeaten record, the title returns to Old Trafford. The Champions League, a remarkable game saw Liverpool beat Southampton and clinch the trophy.

Now for the turn of events - no sooner had Liverpool won the last game of the calender season, it was a farewell to Anfield for me, where I've taken the hotseat at a team, 1 division below, a team 4.8 Million in the red, a team that finished 7th last season, a team that needs alot of work, my home town, I give you, Peterborough Utd. So work has already began at London Road with a few players arriving on frees, dead wood from Utd and Saints, but every little helps. As for Pepe ad Ian, I got a pretty good idea of their plan for preseason, raid the shit out of Liverpool is a pretty good call. So I've signed a self imposed 25 year contract, who knows what I can bring to little old Peterborough? Can Utd and Southampton take the EPL by storm? Its gonna be a whirlwind of a time thats for sure

ONWARDS

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 76 is rapidly upon us.

Mikey has began the rebuilding process at Peterborough, putting his stamp on the team with the deadwood donated from myself and Ian.
    Whilst Mikey rebuilds the mighty Posh, I have walked into Liverpool and taken 3 of there players, with a few more in the pipeline. A few tasty gems also arrived through the door. Surprisingly Ian has yet to join me in ruining one of our biggest rivals!

International Management

Ian's England were in Confederations Cup action and walked out as champions, whereas I saw no action with Spain. Mikey is still in the cold, waiting for the right country to sack their manager.

ONWARDS!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    To echo above:

The rebuilding at London Road is firmly under way, with some real talent arriving to hopefully take the 2nd tier by storm. Maybe a cup run too, but primarily, its all about securing promotion and joining my rivals on the big stage. Naturally, the guys have been a great help in their donations of their dead wood, which can all be a real impact for the Posh.

Southamton really looking good for the season ahead with their recruits, and hopefully, just the 1 rival team, but Man Utd will be a force regardless, as the talent was already there at Old Trafford

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Early door on season 76, but its been an interesting start. Utd slipped to a shock draw then a shock loss to AI, whilst Pepe then slipped up to 2 draws against AI, so its very tight after a doezen or so games. As for the mighty Peterborough, well its a 100% start with the perfect start so far, but more so, a ticket in the 3rd round of the league cup where they landed a tie at...... Liverpool ........ that'll be a cracker

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    END OF SEASON 76

Yet again, it was a crazy end to this epic of a network game. We haven't seen an end like this in a long long time, but yo really have to feel for Pepe and his beloved Southampton. For most of the season, he had a 5 point gap over his rival Ian and his Man Utd, only to then lose at Old Trafford, ad the last game of the season, slipping to a draw against AI Doncaster, where Utd won all their games, meaning, they retain the title on goal difference. The League Cup went to Man Utd after they took out AI in the final. Me and my new era at Peterborough - well we took the Div 1 title with ease to move into the top tier with the big boys, but what was more crazy, was Posh also won the FA Cup, knocking out a below par Man Utd on the way, which also saw Saint eliminated to AI, so from a personal perspective - pretty decent season. Man Utd also took the Champs League against AI, after Saints were beaten by Real Madrid in the Semi

The summer window is about to open, and theres a few quid arriving at London Road, to balance the books, few decent players ready to join Utd, and you gotta expect an overhaul at St Marys following the disaster that struck on the final day. Several of the players at Anfield have moved to either 1 of us, yes, that includes Posh, as we all prepare to battle on into season 77

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'd like to say, a cracking early evening session, all 3 hours of it, but it was mostly me chatting away Feel free to have a view of the stream below via my YouTube link, or if you fancy it, under that link, is another of the Saved Game itself - note, you'll need 3.9.68 to restore it, and possibly Tapani 2.19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI-Q...ature=youtu.be

https://www.sendspace.com/file/f3q4bt

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post: