Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Let's go for the record (Again, Mikey's Game!)

vCash
    Business end of season 77 as we hit the home straight

Man Utd claim the League Cup,

The FA Cup looks like Southampton, as they take on AI in the final

Champs League, we await the Semi Final draw, with Utd and Saints both looking to avoid one another

Uefa Cup, Peterborough have just booked their place in the final where they'll have Spanish opponents in at the last hurdle

Premiership - for Posh, its gonna be a struggle to make that top 4, with rivals Liverpool, and also Sheff Wed continuing to win and retain a gap, but who knows what the last 8 games has installed. At the top, its Pepe's to lose, and surely he cant blow it like he did last season. Establishing a decent gap over a Utd, it looks like the EPL will return to St Marys, but like I said, anything can still happen

Continued ins and outs at Peterborough, with the squad still no where near as strong as those of their rivals, whilst Utd have made a couple decent purchases. Saints haven't been too active, but that being said, they sit proudly on top, so maybe Pepe will wait till preseason

Onwards

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 77 is now over.

The EPL went to my Southampton, I almost went unbeaten aswell only to lose the last league game of the season to arch rival, Ian and his Man Utd who finished 2nd, some points off. And the mighty Peterborough, managed by Mikey, went to the last game where they had to beat Sheff Wed to leapfrog them into 4th and claim the a CL spot, which they did.

The League Cup was claimed by Man Utd and FA Cup by Southampton, both matches, against AI opposition. Posh won the Uefa Cup, and finally the Champions League went to Southampton after defeating Man Utd.

So the treble for me and a cup each for Mikey and Ian

Interestingly, next season will see the first time ever where 2 of us should be entered into the World Club Cup, as its every odd year, and here we are, the year 2091

ONWARDS

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    3.31 am!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The story continues on this crazy ass game. We're well into season 78 as "its Christmas time and theres no need to be afraid"

The first ever World Club Cup took place with 2 of us involved, and its advnatage Pepe, as his Southamton knocked my Peterborough out at the Semi stage, ad then went on to claim another cup, but the curse of it all as already struck as both of us have lost a league game in the next week. That being saidm Ian's Man Utd are storming it, as he was still o a perfect record before slipping to a draw, but stills looks superb and likely for a title, as both Saints and Posh had already lost ground prior

All 3 of us still in Champs League, as we're in the winter break, with the FA Cup 3rd just around the corner, an early exit in the League Cup for me was piss poor, and the big guns look for another trophy to add to their cainbet, something that is bare at London Road

Keeping The Game Alive - the next level

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Copied Mikey's update from the CM 01/02 Facebook page...

And so season 78 comes to an end, and you gotta expect Ian will be happy. He cleaned up with the Quad. Leading the EPL pretty much from the start, he had to wait until game 37 to be crowned Kings. The FA Cup, he took against the side he took th League Cup from - Southampton. Then came the Champs League, where he claimed the win, after beating AI in the final who shocked the Saints in the Semi Final. There was one record that Pepe took, formly held by myself when at Liverpool, his main striker hit a staggering 114 goals in all competitions, with 67 of them, coming in the EPL. Then theres me, and my Peterborough, still at Work In Progress, we finished 4th for a 2nd successive year, although it wasn't confirmed until the last game, once again, a quarter final loss in th Champs League, and the over haul continues as i maintain my long term plan at London Road

As for the international side of things, something, I got no interest in at present. We approach Euro 2092, where Pepe has Germany, and Ian, England, with the latter looking to win it and claim a new record of manager points scored in a calender season

10. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So we've fired through pre season and the Euro 2092, that was won my AI, after Pepe's Germany beat Ian's England in the Semi, before losing at the last hurdle, before he then tendered his resignation. So World Cup is the next major on the horizon when it comes in International scene.

As for the domestic side of things, a real carboot at Peterborough Utd, with some decent talent arriving, some dead wood sold on, and generally, Im happy and content, as the reserves look half decent now too. Not too much activity from Saints, which is a shock really, the odd player here and there, but selling their No 1 Gk to Posh, well that was a headliner. As for Man Utd, again, the odd player purchased, but in fairness, the squad was still setup well from last seasons quad winning heros. We're at the start of Season 79, with a CL qualifer for myself, but more so... another season in the top flight for all 3 of us, and once again, we all go head to head

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Got the season going yesterday...early days...Saint and Posh playing catch up...UTD have won the 2 early trophies...intercontinental ad euro super cup...

Im pretty much sticking with the same squad at utd for this season no real quality bought in to make the squad of 24....I do like some mid season left field purchases to keep the squad ticking over though..

onwards

14. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    We got a cheeky 90 minutes in on this today after abit of a lay off. Still early doors, but Utd look good, with Saints and Posh hot on the heels

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    And so season 79 comes to an end, and what a dramatic final league game it was. Lets start with Pepe Page and his Southampton - well this is easy, he won nothing, finished 3rd, so will have to qualify for champs league. For me, it was a new record of making it above 3rd in the top flight, not only that, it was better than expected, my mighty Posh clinched the title on the last day of the season, with some help from Sheff Wed, who had stunned me a few games back at London Road, which had followed a memorable win at Old Trafford. As for Ian Doyle - he was looking to become the first of us to retain the quad, but whilst that fell, he did win the FA ad League Cup, and had the final say in the Champions League, as he beat the mighty Posh, who were in their first final.

It really is entertaining stuff, as the Utd gaffa stated 'It was a Leicester title' something the Posh Boss, has chose to ignore. Meanwhile the Saints head coach, has hinted at a possible departure after this abysmal season

vCash
    3 sessions this week brings us up to the beginningof season 80...yes EIGHTY!...as a network game!

managed to con...i mean buy/exchange a right mid and polish (Lewandowski) striker from Mikeys POSH...not sure why he got rid of both of them...I managed to offloads some of my rubbish reserves as a swap- see if he can polish those turds into diamonds.

Weird purchase...I Bought random 30 yr old japanese MLC...but he has the stats to be a one season wonder...fingers crossed

pep has a lot of decent youth but is in need of a trophy!

Mikey seeing if he get posh their first CL trophy!

onwards
    Last edited by London35; 05-06-20 at 12:31 AM.

vCash
    Its all about the long term at London Road - objective this season, is to be up there, and at least a trophy.

Some depth in all positions, at least 3 now, hence the RB that arrived from Utd, albeit at the cost of a decent young striker

Stay Tuned!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ok Guys, a copy of the save is at the link below, if anyone wishes to have a gander, we're days away from the start of season 80

Note - Its tapai 2.19, but I've a feeling, it'd restore fine so long you got 3.9.68, that being said, - restore at your own risk

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ga1nin

vCash
    Very, very impressive Mikey to leave mighty Pool and get a title with Peterborough within 5 seasons.

Seems like you're now the only one to have done that 3 times with 3 different clubs. Makes you the very best i.m.o.

Edit: Also realized you're the only one to ever record a 38-0-0 season as well. Living legend!
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just leave my statue outside, Ill get my people to place it

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So this badboy season 80 has started, albeit only a few games in - already its exciting, as Posh look to be a force again, Utd will hope to claim back their crown, whilst The Saints need to pull something out the hat

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Another couple of hours on this...

all tight at the top....tightest its been in yrs.....business end coming up..

league cup semi first leg...Mikey takes a 3-1 lead over utd
    should be saints in the final

a few mid season purchases for myself..
    18 yr old Ivorian CM was chased by all and utd got him..
    Zarate back to Utd ...so thats the 2 centre mid slots nailed for utd for the next few season..

onwards

vCash
    The Ivorian is a beast, Yaya Regen im guessing, he'll be key for the next 10 years maybe

vCash
    Things are really hotting up as we get to the business end of the season. Saints will take on Posh in the League Cup final, whilst they'll also clash in the FA Cup Semi final, after the latter beat Utd in the Quarters. Finishing 2nd in phase 2 of the Champs League proved costly for Southampton, as they'll face Man Utd in a mouth watering Quarter Final encounter. As for the league, AI have played their part, where only 3 points is the difference between the 3 of us, but we've all gotta play each other once more, that'll decide it. Posh's victory at Utd in the league ensured its as tight as it can be, as we hit the home straight of this epic network game season 80

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 80 has concluded and the south coast of England is bouncing tonight as Southampton are celebrating an unprecedented treble despite falling at the final hurdle in the quest for the quad.

It was a session to forget for Ian's Man Utd as they won just 3 of the final 11 games of the season and meant they could only finish 3rd, 10 points off Mikey's Posh in 2nd and 12 behind my Saints.

My Southampton claimed the league on the final day of the season.

1ST SAINTS 98 PTS
    2ND POSH 96 PTS
    3RD MAN UTD 86 PTS

The League Cup went to me after dispatching Posh in the final.

The FA Cup also went to me as AI fell in the final.

Due to how close the league went, Champions League honours went to the team from London Road in a game between second string teams (FITNESS LEVELS SHOCKING!!! )

They edged my Saints out 2-1.

So now comes the difficult decisions, who stays? who goes? As we tinker with our squads to make them better and see which gems can make the grade in the first team.

Uncomfirmed rumours coming out of Old Trafford are that the chairman has called the gaffer in to his office in the morning. Could this see Ian leaving the hotseat at the Theatre of Dreams? We shall see.

World Cup 2094 is next on the horizon. As Ian is the only one of us currently in International management with England, he must fancy his chance of doing well in the tournament.

Fans are believed to be starting a petition to have Pep P named new manager should England fail to get out the group and Ian to be relieved of his duties.

Mikey may also consider dipping his toe back into the international scene, SHOULD the right country become available.

ONWARDS!!

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ive never seen a run quite like it from Utd last night, a session from hell for Ian. In fairness to you Pep - you deserved the title, from a selfish point of view. Im happy to win a first champs league with Posh

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Few small sessions have seen us fire through into season 81, but first, lets talk about the International Scene, where Ian's England were shocked at the World Cup, at the Quarter Fials stage, by... Wales... but never the less, he does remain in the hotseat as Euro Qualifying has commenced. Meanwhile the time was right for myself to take a role back on the World Scene, I give you.. Sweden - although poor squad, who knows. Pepe mean while remains focussed on his domestic challenge

As for the start of the EPL, the Shield went to Posh, after a last minute winner against Saints, whilst AI Sheff Wed shocked us all, as they battered my Posh in the Super Cup, but there was a first 'Inter-Continental' Trophy won by the mighty Posh - their first

The first league weekend shocked us, Posh went down at home to AI whilst Saints and Utd shared the spoils in a cracker of a first match. Meanwhile, Saints then went onto lose to AI whilst Man Utd dropped another 2 points against AI (Sheff Wed)

Plenty plenty plenty of transfer activity, Saints star Defender (Kompany regen) also called Luis Kompany, was made available, which started all the dealings, he opted for a move to Old Trafford, so the Devils' boss im sure will be delighted with his new recruit, given the player that went in part ex, was an aberage at best. Meanwhile Posh have spent a few quid, now that funds don't seem to be an issue at London Road, following a few departures, one of which, another 100m player

Onwards

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 81 really hotting up, with Utd in command. Saints were off the pace but as they hammered Utd 4-0, Posh lost, to ensure its gonna be close through to the end. Saints and Posh have a 0-0 1st leg score in the League Cup Semi, whilst all look comfortable in FA Cup and Champs League. Utd have a 4 point gap at present, and Posh have to play them and Saints yet. The big new was, new Zlat Regen - chose Utd over the rivals, this could be a game changer for the next 10 seasons

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Been a while since I did a video update of this badboy, so, the story goes on -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g39H27fKXY8

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526