Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Let's go for the record (Again, Mikey's Game!)

Really gettiing through season 82, with Utd and Posh going all the way. Saints are off the pace after a terrible run of form, despite their main striker looking to break all sorts of records on the scoring front. The games against each other are always key, with Posh beating Saints, Utd then beating Saints, and then Utd beating Posh. With Utd slipping up to AI with a draw, it gives them the upper hand if on equal games all won, but Saints with some real work to do, after dropping points left right and centre.

Plenty activity in the market, with Utd and Posh purchasing some lovely looking youth, whilst Saints have built up in the ressies with a few additions. All going as expected in the cups, with Saints ad Posh to meet in the League Cup Semi, with Utd in the other, and all 3 teams safely through in the FA and CL.

Utd claimed the World Club Cup, which in the past, has proved a jinx for an EPL challenge, only time will tell as we hit the exciting part of the season.

On the International front, Ian's England and my Sweden all head for the Euro Champs,

World Club Champs Curse will prob kick in as end of season fatigue pops it head around the corner!

Used my reserves wisely in that 9 games in 3 weeks spell

More than happy with my squad at the moment...a lot of 1st team players u 23 ...just gotta keep them all happy

Season 82 comes to an end

It was a season to forget for Pepe and his Southampton, finishing 3rd way off the pace, no trophy in sight, its all about building for next season, with 1 mega deal in the pipeline with Posh. As for Ian, he'll be pleased, League Cup and Champions League, adding to the World Club Cup, which is a curse in itself when it comes to challenging for the league, as the mighty Peterborough, claimed their 2nd topflight crown, and with it, the FA Cup

It's all about Euro 96 now, and yes I do mean, 2096 - with Ian's England, and my Sweden, as we both look for at least a quarter finals place
    Last edited by Offside Trap; 30-08-20 at 12:37 PM.

We're well into season 83, as a lot of ground covered in the last few weeks. Utd take the Shield with a thrilling win over Posh, whilst Saints book their place in the CL Phase 1 group stages, all 3 of us expected to breeze through. The first clash of the season has occurred - Posh and Saints shared the spoils, to the delight of Man Utd fans, as otherwise, we've all started in fine form. The youth of Utd looking good, the goal scoring machine Czech at Saints, has started firing like theres no tomorrow, and the Ron/Messi regen strike-force at Posh, seems to be looking good. Its gonna be a long season

On the international front, a few changes, but lets start with my Sweden - taking 2096 by storm as underdogs, we fell short at the final, but that was after beating England at the Semi stage, with Zlaten regen really being key - never the less, it wa time to step down for me after finishing runners, and to take a WC qualifying setup with Spain, once again. Meanwhile Pepe returns to the International fold, as he takes Holland for yet another stint, and with Ian still as England head coach, we're all gunning for the World Cup 2098

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

powered n with a 4 hour session last night
    tight at the top ...peterboro by a cpl of points from utd

but end of season boro v utd game to come that will decide it

saints off the pace but won the league cup...

moving along nicely

7. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

Season 83 came to a shocking end tonight as both Ian and Mikey had a shocking end to the season dropping more points than a prostitutes knickers!!
    At 1 point, both led me in the league by 10-15 points but a surge by me came way way way to late. Ian crawled to the title despite losing his last 2 games, Mikey took second having drawn his last 2 games ending 2 points behin Ian. 3 points further back was my Southampton despite us romping up the home straight of the season.

So Premier League:-

1. Man Utd 102pts
    2. Peterborough 100pts
    3. Southampton 97pts

FA Cup

On the trip Wembley, Southampton defeated Man Utd to take the trophy back to the south coast. Rumours were swirling stated a tainted lasagne was the cause of Man Utd's end of season blip, but it turned out the rumour came from the gaffer's mobile. Police later quizzed him and let him off with a warning. Southampton are apparently considering legal advice regarding this matter and refuse to comment at the presnt time.

League Cup

The earlier trip to the home of English football saw Southampton demolish AI to take the League Cup back to the coast.

Champions League

Having brushed aside Sheff Wed in the Semi Final stage, Peterborough went into the final with a spring in their step. Southampton on the other hand destroyed Man Utd in the 1st leg 3-0, not even allowing their opponents a shot at all. The 2nd leg didn't fare much better for the Red Devils as the saints went marching to the final 6-1 on aggregate.
    In the neutral setting of Berlin, Southampton came from behind to defeat Peterborough in a closely fought final.

International

All going strong in the qualifying stage for the World Cup 2098!

ONWARDS!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

Great write up Pep - Im disgusted in my guys, it was in our own hands, and we blew it, simple as that. Expect some big changes at London Road, thats all Ill say

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    Great write up Pep - Im disgusted in my guys, it was in our own hands, and we blew it, simple as that. Expect some big changes at London Road, thats all Ill say
    I did hear the gaffer was ringing up other clubs asking for any vacancies!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

Heres a copy of the game, shoukd anyone wish to have a gander - end of season 83 with the Window having just reopened

Note - you'll need to unzip, therefore a program for this will be needed, WinZip or something, I use WinRar

You'll need 3.9.68 and the tapani 2.19 patch installed, but this might work without the latter, I'm not sure, so do so at your own risk

Remember, this game started back in Dec 2013, using the 'then update' October 2013 update, and the 'then patch' tapani 2.19, with the starting year as 2014 to avoid crashes with tapani. As we fast approach 7 years (in real time) of playing this game alone, it really doesnt get boring, the only regret is that I only selected England as a playable league

Enjoy

https://www.sendspace.com/file/hcwjji

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

Season 84 is well under way, as we're roughly a dozen or so games into it.

Business as usual on CL and League Cup front, but the league so far, for me, a woeful start having dropped points here and there against AI, then losing both matches to my biggest rivals, sees me well off the pace at these early stages. Utd slipped up early on to AI, but managed to win everything else, upto the last game of the session, against Pep, which saw Southampton win and make it 11 wins from 11, so he is the early front runner

Pep left Holland to take Brazil, whilst Ian's England and my Spain have booked our place at the World Cup 2098

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

Season 84 came to a shuddering halt for me as the curse of the world club cup reared its ugly head at St. Mary's. Having had the BEST season in quite some time, it fell apart as The Saints could only draw there last 2 premier league games. Rumours of a spiritualist being seen at Old Trafford were strenuously denied by the flustered Man Utd chief although he did drop a vodoo doll of the Saints chief!!

Premier League Finished :-
    - Man Utd - 103
    - Southampton - 101
    - Peterborough - 94

The FA Cup went to The Saints after a 1-0 victory over Mikey's Peterborough

The League Cup is on its way to Old Trafford after a 1-0 victory over Peterborough

In a repeat of the previous season, The Champions League also went to St. Marys with a 2-0 victory over you guessed it - Peterborough!

Targets -

So with NO World Club Cup next season, The priority for Southampton MUST be a Premier League crown.
    Ian's target surely MUST be to get back to the Champions League finals.
    Mikey on the other hand, MUST have his eyes on a trophy

So now the usual process of refreshing our squads begins, with all 3 of us expected to make minor tweaks to our sides, with Mikey calling in a group of assistants to help him sell SEVERAL members of his team as he begins the MASSIVE rebuilding process, including selling 2 brazilians for combined fees of ALMOST 300M, although as I'm Brazil gaffer, i'm controlling his purse strings!!

We are currently in the opening stages of World Cup 2098. Mikey has already stated he will vacate the Spain hotseat after the tournament ends.
    Last edited by PepeP; 29-09-20 at 10:20 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

The story goes on, cracking season entertainment wise, from a Posh perspective, im a disgrace

stole the title in the last week!...was hoping saints would run out of energy due to World Club Cup exploits
    Utd have 2 new full backs and a right mid to their 1st team squad...

and a few reserves bought

Eng squad is poor hoping to make 1/4s or semis as a success

onwards!

So with the World Cup out the way, the mighty Brazil, coached by our very own 'Pepe' won it, despite their 1st 2 games of the opening group. ending in defeat, and lterally scraping through to tge knockout stages. They went all the way, eliminating Ian's England at the Quarter Final Stage - also exiting at this point were my Spain, after a shock loss to Japan, (talk about beong champmanned) so the event is over and Ive stepped down from Brazil, as has Ian from England, in quite a shock, given hes been at the helm for so many years.

If you want a gander at the game, the link is at the bottom, note - you'll need 3.9.68 to restore, and possibly tapani 2.19, do this at your own risk. This is also a sfety measure to protect the game, and gives us access in the event of any issues

https://www.sendspace.com/file/hbc666

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627