Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's go for the record (Again, Mikey's Game!)

vCash
    After some time out for 1 reason or another, we finally back on it tonight with a tidy session, As season 14 nears the end. All 3 of us fighting like its a war. Man Utd have an 8 point gap at the top of the league with 10 games to go (11 for me and Pep) We're all pretty much in the CL quarters, and should avoid each other. F.A Cup we all avoided each other in the quarters, so potential theres an explosive Semi clash. Scunny Vs Man U in the league cup final, having just battled out a 4-4 draw, that game will be interesting:

Still plenty money about, regen's are harder than ever to locate. Youth is key, as we continue to break the record of the longest serving CM Network game

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    After some time out for 1 reason or another, we finally been back on it with a tidy session, As season 14 nears the end. All 3 of us fighting like its a war. Man Utd have an 8 point gap at the top of the league with 10 games to go (11 for me and Pep) We're all pretty much in the CL quarters, and should avoid each other. F.A Cup we all avoided each other in the quarters, so potential theres an explosive Semi clash. Scunny Vs Man U in the league cup final, having just battled out a 4-4 draw, that game will be interesting:

Still plenty money about, regen's are harder than ever to locate. Youth is key, as we continue to break the record of the longest serving CM Network game, its onwards and upwards

The link below is a copy of our current saved game, if anyone wishes to have a peek, although very few players you'll notice. Mind you, most Ex players are turning up in coaching roles etc..

https://www.sendspace.com/file/u8dn9i

vCash
    Season 14....
    Utd retaing the league....but lose in champs final on pens to scunny...2nd champs league final loss in 2 yrs!
    saints win fa cup...

so we all end up with silverware....
    non of my squad are over 30 ....so hopefully ill be able to take utd onto a 3rd title in a row and maybe more next season!

season 15 awaits us!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    3rd Place For Me Again But This Time I Won The F.A Cup Over Scunny On Penalties!

Selling My Oldest Player To The Red Devils Leaving My Eldest Players Hovering Around The 24-25 Mark. Is That A Mistake Or Will The Fan's And Pundits Saying "You Can't Win Anything With Kids" Be Proved Correct?

Time Will Tell When We Start Season 15!!

Bring It On!

vCash
    Loving this game more so than since we first started it: Season 15 awaits, after a decent season for each and everyone of us.

For Pep, his Southampton clinched the F.A Cup against me, on pens, although it was a pure revenge mission following me winning the Champs League Semi battle. His 3rd place finish and his Cup will keep the fans at bay. As he shifts out some dead wood, and the squad looking very decent, question is, are they old enough to make a challenge on the title?

For Ian, defended the title Im sure would have been first priority, so in that respect, job done. Some players leaving for big dosh. Russian Captian arriving for the heart of defence, can the Devils gain revenge on Scunny in domestic cups? The squad looks stronger than ever, as Zaton reaches the twilight of his career, as a squad, they have it all

For me, winning a trophy was main focus, the League Cup against Man Utd was the start, in fairness, I didnt expect to make such a late challenge for the title, which ended in misery on the last day of the season, not to mention losing the FA Cup, but winning the Champions League, all be in, against the run of play, made up for the last couple seasons of misery. So abit of tweaking in the squad, nothing major

So that's it really in a nutshell, as we begin pre-season leading to season 15. Ian will have his England battling at the Euro 2028 whilst I take my Russia there too. Pep been abit unlucky on the international front

Until Next Time

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    But Since You Wrote This, You Resigned As Russia Manager And I Was Offered It Without Applying For It But Turned It Down.

vCash
    Well I failed with Russia, Ian got England to the final, so thats the end of that chapter for me following my resignation. Its all about club football for me. And with pre-season out of the way as we kick off season 15. Man Utd take the shield on pens, against Southampton

Few buys here and there, nothing massive from any of us, in fairness, the only players we would really want, are owned by the other 2 managers

vCash
    gonna be another close run season!...think its gonna be Zatons last!...can he go out with a bang!
    3 prems in a row would be some achievement....tough though!

vCash
    back on this ASAP.

vCash
    Season 15 ending with a bang....
    all 3 of us in Champs League semi....with Werder!
    Scunny for the league cup
    Utd or Saints for FA cup...

the league will go to Old trafford for the 3rd year in a row....baring a catastrophy!!!
    my squad is looking strong at the moment....

have ibrahimovich regen to help brige the gap next yr when Zaton goes....
    but replacing him long term might prove tricky....so need to win the trophies this yr...to set his legacy!

season 16 almost upon us!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Treble of ....League...FA CUP and Champs League!....Nice!!

3 titles in a row...

4 titles hasnt been done yet!!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    You Wont Make It 4 Titles In 4!

Well Not If I Can Help It!!!

vCash
    So season 16 is off and running after a monster of a session on Sunday which saw us conclude season 15 and power through pre-season. I've taken the shield woop woop but I have to agree with Pep, I've be doing everything in my power to prevent a 4th straight title at Man Utd, I'm sure Ive helped that case though following our bit of business over the summer. Pep too has also done some wheeling and dealing with me, so I'm.... pretty confident for the new season, so far.... so good

In fairness, Man Utd are stronger than ever, especially up top, with what looks like regens of Ronaldo,Bale,Messi,Ibrahaimovic but question is, are they secure defensively?

Pep meanwhile has some decent players coming though, but even I was shocked to have a bid accepted for a superstar (messi regen) and although Man Utd won his signature, I feel selling such talent to a rival.. could prove.. critical

Only Time Will Tell

vCash
    my front line is scarily good...will miss zaton though...!!!

i think my keeper and back 4 should be good enough...ashely cole and lahm regens as full backs....and some capable DC's should see me home again!....gonna be a long season with the world club champs in January....thats usually upset the apple cart and cost a team at the end of the season....think i have the squad for it though!

be interesting how this season goes...some major rebuilds for saints and scunny to hang onto my coattails!....both of you have had your eras of dominance....so happy to revel in mine for a while!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Speeding through season 16 with roughly 12 games to go. That's what happens when the wife goes away for half term with the kids my joblist is almost complete Im sure the wife will agree, finishing the season in record time is a number 1 priority:

We're all still fighting in the CL, as per usual, question is, who will land who in the Semi, as thats the case every year. As holders of the League Cup, Pep ensured I wouldnt retain following a 1-0 at my ground, however Man Utd then thumped him 4-0 in the Semi 1st Leg. We're still there in the F.A Cup 5th Round. As for the league, im having a decent run which sees me top, Man Utd are somewhat 10 points behind with a game in hand, but theres some big games to come between us which ultimately will decide the title. Pep having a torrid run with dropped points coming from all angles. Having your keeper sent off twice in as many matches doesnt help, rewarded with a 7 game ban. Cardiff are the surprise team up there in the top 4. They've built a team now, not a title threat but a hurdle for each of us where the others can take advantage

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I Thoroughly Agree, Finishing Then Season In Record Time MUST Be No.1 Priority .

Goalkeeper Is The Reason For My Struggles, So I Was Happy To Flog Him To Scunny For 32.5m BEFORE His 7 Game Ban Begins!

Dominating Games By Shots For Example 25-1 But Losing 1-0, And That's Just Not Good Enough!

So It Seems The Saints Are Destined For A Third 3rd Place Finish In 3 Seasons.

Major Rebuilding Is A Must To Keep Me Up There In The Title Race For Future Or I Could End Up Visiting The Job Centre!

vCash
    Saints defo need some silverware....last few seasons have been poor....though you have the talent and some quality players!...they might need a change of manager!!!

think its scunnys title this year...unless a disaster befalls them..(fingers crossed)!!

Utd already won their first ever World Championships ....

lets see who grabs the silverware this yr!

vCash
    I'm really enjoying reading about this save, keep the reports coming!

Just one small request. PepeP, please could you stop capitalising every word? I guess it's a predictive text thing or something, but for me it makes your posts hard to read.
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

vCash
    Season 16 finished and in record time!

Scunthorpe won the first title in 7 years!
    And to top it off they also took the champions league by beating ian's man Utd in a close fought game.

Man Utd finished 2nd for the first time in 5 years. They nabbed the league cup by defeating division 1 preston!
    They also took the world club championship, intercontinental cup and the European super cup.

Me (Southampton) suffered the worst finish under my management with a shocking 4th place finish! A whole 14 points behind man utd in 2nd place. An FA Cup victory kept me in the hot-seat for now!
    Drawing too many games has been my downfall of a long season BUT as they say .................................................. .....................

Onwards and upwards!

Major firesale at st. Mary's including a neymar regen joining the Scunthorpe regime. Keeping all players happy is proving to be a major problem for all of us as players keep fueling moves in an attempt to force there way out!

As we enter the 2030 world cup, England must win or ian may be receiving the dreaded call from the f.a terminating him!! At which point mikey and myself shall be watching like hawks!

Until next time
    Last edited by PepeP; 03-11-14 at 10:29 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Decent review of the season Pep..

small margins at the moment....
    Utd away to scunny....lost 3-2 was the decider fcor the title...and 1-0 in CL final!...difference between success and failure!

4 titles on the bounce was just a touch too far....

keeping 90% of my Utd squad ...the quality is there....

Scunny are the ones to beat now!..
    Saints were piss poor....the 1 trophy kept pep in a job!!

England flew through their group in World Cup and beat Italy in last 16.....hopefully the can win the big one!!!

onwards to season 17th!

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 17 is off and running, building all over the shop from the 3 of us. Youth blending through, dead wood being chucked out. It's all very very exciting. The Shield, Intercontinental, Super Cup, have all gone with me in last night's session. Although we all know what we really really want, The Premier League Crown and the Champions League, then theres the 2 domestic cups to fight for

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    As we're over a dozen games into season 17, I felt it's time for an over-see as to what's been happening over the last 16 years. And for a quick low-down, have a look at the screenshots via sendspace, can someone let me know if they all came out ok

So far this season, not the kind of the start Ian (Man Utd) would've wanted, 3 defeats so already their's some catching up to do. Having said that, the forward line is outstanding, in what looks like regens of Messi, Bale, Neymar and Ibrahimovic, it could just be.... that the 4 arranged friendly matches in pre-season have back-fired, who knows... but for sure there's some fire power up there

For Pep, (Southampton) an early elimination on pens in the League Cup, wont have pleased him. His Charity Sheild loss too wasnt exactly the perfect start. But slowly and surely, Pep is building, and over the last 4 years hes failed in the League, he's certainly becoming a cup team

Me, (Scunthorpe) to be honest, things have never been better, for the last 6 seasons prior to last, I was in the shadows, a few bad-timed sales back-fired rapidly, but some good buys and good youth certainly paying off in dividends. The Shield, Super and Intercontinental are all welcomed. And a decent start to the season

Every season their's a teams that pulls a few surprises, last season it was Cardiff, but credit where it's due, this season, Its Peterborough (ironic as its mine and pep's hometown) who lead the table with just 1 defeat (against scunny) and have won all their other games. Aston V could be the new bogey team, they've taken 3 points of both Man U and Southampton so far this season.

Money is still of no problem, for me, Im refusing 100m bids from Germany for the simple fact, these world class squad players can't be replaced. As Ian has stated prior, the main players that would improve one anothers squad, belong to the 3 of us already. Having said that, Pep is a ruthless gaffer, and will ship out anyone who fuels moves, turns up late for training, which has lead to BIG transfers between us.

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/j...myA1GxJqF6ElcR

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A personal record went in last nights session, other may have achieved this prior, sold a player for 150M, yep, 100m up front, then another 50m after 1 international match

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 17 Just came to a shocking close!

Saints pick up the premiership for the first time in 6 seasons. On top of that also a 1-0 victory over scunny in the champions league final giving the saints the trophy for the first time in 4 seasons.

Red devils finished 3rd but picked up both domestic cups, with a 4-1 thrashing of scunny in the league cup and a close fought 3-2 victory over the saints.

Scunny finished 2nd but picked up the 3 worthless trophies at the start of the season - charity shield, intercontinental cup and the super cup. As it turns out, it's these 3 trophies that keep chambers in the hot seat for now...
    Last edited by PepeP; 16-11-14 at 04:10 PM.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hands Up! I didnt produce the goods that the fans wanted, however my record speaks for itself, so I have no worries about my job being safe as houses: Rebuilding has commenced with 2 key players leaving as they reach towards 32 years of age, some decent fringe players go, and some youth promoted following good loan spells.

It means I have an extended pre-season as I wont be involved in the shield, so searching for them gems is key, as it is for all of us. So season 17 to a close, as we look to kick in season 18, this world CM record reaches a new chapter!

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast