Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 616768697071
Results 1,751 to 1,771 of 1771

Thread: Dream Team League Discussion

vCash
    Just a reminder of squad sizes which should influence your haggling/selling to CPU before the auctions begin. Remember that we have a 50 man squad limit:

Aston Villa (Erkifino) = 45.
    Cardiff City (Spectral) = 25.
    Derby County (peaceboy) = 32.
    Everton (rakanj) = 44.
    Fulham (pyromyst) = 29.
    Leicester City (generalsmuts) = 35.
    Liverpool (adnams) = 50.
    Northampton Town (trunky) = 0.
    Notts County (ebfatz) = 27.
    Sheffield Wednesday (dweatherston11) = 47.
    Southampton (Dermotron) = 35.
    Stoke City (Mark) = 30.
    Swansea City (Redknapp69) = 36.
    Tottenham Hotspur (AJ) = 34.
    West Ham United (evesham) = 36.

Note: The above numbers do not include any deals made since this window opened.

vCash
    Another reminder of squad sizes to be aware of now that auctions are about to get underway:

Aston Villa (Erkifino) = 36.
    Cardiff City (Spectral) = 21.
    Derby County (peaceboy) = 20.
    Everton (rakanj) = 25.
    Fulham (pyromyst) = 17.
    Leicester City (generalsmuts) = 24.
    Liverpool (adnams) = 38.
    Northampton Town (trunky) = 14.
    Notts County (ebfatz) = 27.
    Sheffield Wednesday (dweatherston11) = 28.
    Southampton (Dermotron) = 21.
    Stoke City (Mark) = 11.
    Swansea City (Redknapp69) = 31.
    Tottenham Hotspur (AJ) = 23.
    West Ham United (evesham) = 18.

vCash
    Squad size reminders at the midway point of the auctions:

Aston Villa (Erkifino) = 41.
    Cardiff City (Spectral) = 31.
    Derby County (peaceboy) = 24.
    Everton (rakanj) = 34.
    Fulham (pyromyst) = 23.
    Leicester City (generalsmuts) = 35.
    Liverpool (adnams) = 44.
    Northampton Town (trunky) = 21.
    Notts County (ebfatz) = 31.
    Sheffield Wednesday (dweatherston11) = 38.
    Southampton (Dermotron) = 28.
    Stoke City (Mark) = 23.
    Swansea City (Redknapp69) = 32.
    Tottenham Hotspur (AJ) = 31.
    West Ham United (evesham) = 30.

vCash
    Anyway I can jump into this bad boy again?

vCash
    There is one space left if you would like to get back in. Check the main sticky thread for teams you can take over and inherit in terms of players and a bank balance.

You can also take over a previously unmanaged/blank squad with a kitty of 20m to put together your own team. There's only 2 auctions left though.

vCash
    Right then, that's the auctions over.

I'll leave the transfer window open until 23rd to continue P2P deals, then provide the official save game for you to then submit your squad for the first month of season 17 which will start on 30th October.

vCash
    Lads, if you're sticking with the same team in previous weeks, please just go back and find your old screenshot so I don't have to go back and find it...

I've had to ask a few times now and it's getting frustrating. I'm getting fed up of putting in the effort to run things and seeing minimal effort in return.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Well, I don't think I've ever had to give five strikes in one week before...!

I don't want to sound like a broken record but those involved clearly don't realise the amount of work involved for just five minutes for your time each week in return to take a screenshot and pick your team. I simply won't bother putting the effort in if I get nothing in return.

It's made my mind up on something that's been playing on my mind for a while which is a shame as I genuinely do actually like running the DTL.

After running 17 seasons in a row, this will be the last season of the DTL.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    As I said in the other thread, I was sooo sure I had submitted a side.. so, so sorry man.

I understand your decison but it makes me very sad...It is something I genuinely look forward to every week..

vCash
    Is there anything we can do to change your mind?

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    I was going to post up last night when I was posting about new servers then got side tracked by a leaking dishwasher.
    Apologies.

That was why I dropped down the divisions, so if I did forget I wouldn't affect results for others in the division.
    But forget I did. Again.

vCash
    Im so sorry from side. My job means i travel alot (currently in Cairo). Im not trying to make excuses as i usually give myself time to do it. But this time i just forgot. No special reason just with travelling i forgot.

All i can say is that i love the DTL, its been part of my life now for 3 years - my bloody wife knows all about it!! I will be generally gutted if it stops.

To Mark; i love you man. I understand the hard work and all the shit that you need to do to make this work. If i could buy you a beer - i would buy you ten. I totally understand your frustration and again i apologize for me contributing to it. I hope that my usual regular input shows that i love this DTL

If there is anything we can do to change your mind. I am ready.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to peaceboy For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peaceboy View Post
    Im so sorry from side. My job means i travel alot (currently in Cairo). Im not trying to make excuses as i usually give myself time to do it. But this time i just forgot. No special reason just with travelling i forgot.

All i can say is that i love the DTL, its been part of my life now for 3 years - my bloody wife knows all about it!! I will be generally gutted if it stops.

To Mark; i love you man. I understand the hard work and all the shit that you need to do to make this work. If i could buy you a beer - i would buy you ten. I totally understand your frustration and again i apologize for me contributing to it. I hope that my usual regular input shows that i love this DTL

If there is anything we can do to change your mind. I am ready.
    I second this.

vCash
    Maybe im grasping at straws.... but how about you update the league every TWO week? It give you more time and less stress to run it - and give us more time (not that it should be needed) to upload.

I LOVE THE DTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLL

vCash
    Totally understandable Mark, especially considering the amount of time it takes you to set up and run for very little return, but I would beg you to reconsider.

DTL is one of the main reasons why I still use this site. Not through lack of time, I have shit loads of that, but my actual time spent in front of the PC has diminished in recent times. In short, real life has taken over my real life which is very weird.

The DTL, along with the Vipers, is my route back to my PC. Mon, dl the save, Tues post up my team, Wed keep checking tapatalk to see what's what. The rest of the week wondering what went right/ wrong. And don't get me started on never doing the auctions again. I love the auctions. Love them. Ask anyone who gets PM's from me (that's everyone.)

As i said, totally understand, but if DTL goes then my old forgetful brain will probably forget about the Vipers, then the website, then who I am, then why I need to use the toilet and before you know it I will be sucking my thumb whilst dribbling contentedly in a corner of a nursing home bedroom.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks for running it Mark. Apologies, to you and the participants, for my part in its demise.

On a side note, there are gambling pop ups when I click on a thread. Ran a virus check on my phone and never got back to post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkifino View Post
    Thanks for running it Mark. Apologies, to you and the participants, for my part in its demise.

On a side note, there are gambling pop ups when I click on a thread. Ran a virus check on my phone and never got back to post.
    Log out, clear your cache, log in.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    Log out, clear your cache, log in.
    Didn't seem to work. Does viewing the 'full site' on a smartphone make a difference?

vCash

Delete all the cookies.

vCash
    Didn't seem to work. Does viewing the 'full site' on a smartphone make a difference?
    I use tapatalk on my phone. Never any pop ups.

vCash
    deleting cookies, cache, browsing etc still didn't work for me on IE

But I use Chrome with Ad blocker anyway

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 616768697071