Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Frustrations with CM 01/02

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
    Just found this thread today and had a good read through all the posts so far, most of my frustrations have been mentioned but here are my top issues:

- Upset players over rejected transfers - on the Oct 2019 update I dominated for 15 years and yet my players would still get upset when mid-league teams had derisory bids rejected for them.
    - Real/Barcelona players always crowned best in Europe - 14 straight Champions League titles yet my players hardly ever featured in the Best European players awards even when Real / Barcelona were not even the top team in Spain.
    - Poor youth players - I always play as Man United who supposedly have the best youth player facilities. Never once in all my years playing have I got a young player promoted that was actually any good. There also seems to be certain teams who get clusters of regens (Arsenal had 6 worldies in my last save).
    The upset players thing doesn't bother me but the guys that you could only sign with a minimum release fee accepting offers from a team either doomed to relegation or even in a lower division makes no sense!

The major player awards always go to the players with the highest CA in the game, I suspect your players are mostly bargain basement purchases transformed into super players by wib wob (or cheap freaks with massive PA) so no matter how amazing their stats are the game will never pick them for an award.

In most of my saves 90% of promoted youth players are immediately released on a free, I feel your pain.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveV For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben_ View Post
    the fact that positioning is so overpowerwed. Field defence + midfielders with +15 positioning. And then maybe 1 creative midfielder and 1 or 2 good strikers, and you probably go unbeaten in your league plus have a good chance of winning at least 1 cup, regardless of tactics used. Even if it's a standard non/wib wob one
    Interesting, Positioning is usually regarded as the defensive equivalent for Off The Ball with Strikers so usually just applies to Defenders but I might test this out with Midfielders and see if what you say is correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
    The upset players thing doesn't bother me but the guys that you could only sign with a minimum release fee accepting offers from a team either doomed to relegation or even in a lower division makes no sense!

The major player awards always go to the players with the highest CA in the game, I suspect your players are mostly bargain basement purchases transformed into super players by wib wob (or cheap freaks with massive PA) so no matter how amazing their stats are the game will never pick them for an award.

In most of my saves 90% of promoted youth players are immediately released on a free, I feel your pain.
    Interesting on the major player awards, did not know that but it makes sense.

On the youth players I think it would be 99.999999999999% as I honestly can't think of a single example of a youth player going on to play in the first team...

vCash
    By far the worst thing the game's playability after 15+ seasons... For example, in one of my saves, at the beginning (2001-02) with 7-8 leagues turned on, there's 149 players with positioning 20, 147 with 19, in 2025 there's 2450 (!!!) with 20 and 532 with 19 and in 2045 there's 3894 with 20, and 502 with 19. That, combined with a bad overall quality of regen players, sadly makes the game pretty boring after some time.

Also, has anyone noted a glitch with cup draw, for example, if there's a chance to draw a team that you play in the league schedule in a game just before or just after the cup match that's being drawn, you're probably getting that team as an opponent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartuc View Post
    Also, has anyone noted a glitch with cup draw, for example, if there's a chance to draw a team that you play in the league schedule in a game just before or just after the cup match that's being drawn, you're probably getting that team as an opponent.
    Ahh, THe Baader-Meinmhof Phenomonen...

vCash
    By far the worst thing the game's playability after 15+ seasons... For example, in one of my saves, at the beginning (2001-02) with 7-8 leagues turned on, there's 149 players with positioning 20, 147 with 19, in 2025 there's 2450 (!!!) with 20 and 532 with 19 and in 2045 there's 3894 with 20, and 502 with 19. That, combined with a bad overall quality of regen players, sadly makes the game pretty boring after some time.

Tapani's 2.21 patch sorts out the first problem. But I sympathise with your comment about game becoming boring after that number of years; I find the problem is that the quantity of really elite teams in the game dwindles massively because teams seem more interested in playing their (usually) inferior youth products than buying quality regens. Winning the Champions League doesn't feel so special when your opponent in the final has a defence comprising players whose average rating is below 6.5. It's just stupid tbh and can't work out why it happens. In my current save, Milan sold off all thier big assets in the most recent summer but have replaced them with absolutely nobody, preferring instead to play their crappy reserves. There's still some great players on the game but I seem to be the only one who tries to buy them most of the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Ahh, THe Baader-Meinmhof Phenomonen...
    haha but I don't think so.

vCash
    haha but I don't think so.
    Prove it statistically!

Seriously, I was playing a bit earlier with Milan. Drew Atalanta in the Italian Cup, and it was together with our league meeting, so I played against Atalanta 3 in 4 games. So I noticed it. Looking at all of my other Italian Cup matches in that season and the previous 3 years... not a single tie has been against a team I have also had to play in the league at the same time. Makes me think that the cup games are drawn to deliberately avoid you playing against a team if you are due to play them in the league, but sometimes it can't be avoided.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Prove it statistically!

Seriously, I was playing a bit earlier with Milan. Drew Atalanta in the Italian Cup, and it was together with our league meeting, so I played against Atalanta 3 in 4 games. So I noticed it. Looking at all of my other Italian Cup matches in that season and the previous 3 years... not a single tie has been against a team I have also had to play in the league at the same time. Makes me think that the cup games are drawn to deliberately avoid you playing against a team if you are due to play them in the league, but sometimes it can't be avoided.
    How about a small sample size (from today)... I'm managing both teams...

vCash
    I have to say I notice it when it happens but from my experience its not that common. I must have played nearly thirty season in the last 6 weeks over the lockdown and have had it perhaps 4 times. Its incredibly noticeable when it happens especially if its with a two legged match.

Its more likely to happen towards then end of the competition when the two sides are "top" sides as they are more likely to be at there at the end of the cup. Try it with lower league teams and you will notice it rarely happens.

vCash

A guy (Kah's regen) swept the awards while having a really terrible season

vCash
    Fixture congestion at the end of the season denied me a treble on our network game.

Had Juventus in the final with most of my squad unplayable 70% 80% against theirs at 100% lost 4-1 I think, or 3-1.

A game every other day with players having conditions that suggests they're on holiday.

vCash
    Don't want to complain... As this game and this site is literally the gift that keeps giving :p but Some players like Salah and Mane have literally mostly 20s but perform mediocre in terms of goals and assists output.

Mane is awful. How does that work?

vCash
    Yeah... Similar happened to my brother (we used to play this when we were 12 and 15) and I got him back into it for a bit with network play for old time's sake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    Fixture congestion at the end of the season denied me a treble on our network game.

Had Juventus in the final with most of my squad unplayable 70% 80% against theirs at 100% lost 4-1 I think, or 3-1.

A game every other day with players having conditions that suggests they're on holiday.
    For me, one of the worst things about CM. So, so frustrating and just completely unrealistic as well.

vCash
    the most frustrating for me is the AI 'fighting back' when I do well. I manage Mar Menor. took them from bottom-ish of 3rd division to champs of Spain in a few seasons. the result is waves of in-match injuries and red cards.

for example, in last 19 games of last season: I had 11 injuries in matches and 5 red cards
    9 games so far this season: 4 injuries in matches, 5 red cards
    season before last it was superkeepers. for example in 7 games I had 55 shots, 34 on target, scored 1 goal. bearing in mind I was top of the league and scoring loads before that!

I know this is an old game, but it just makes the AI seem so basic. when I play matches I want to feel like I am playing against unique and individual teams, but when the red cards/injuries/superkeepers occur week after week, any differentiation between opponents is lost. instead, it feels like I'm battling against some kind of super boss on a platform game.

vCash
    All players except GKs having 1 at handling is ridiculous. Everyone has experienced the hopeless situation when your GK is sent off and you have already made all your substitutions. The penalty is a sure goal and if there is still time, even 2 minutes, as it happened to me recently, you will concede again. All players should have random attributes at handling, from 3 to 7.

vCash
    Very minor frustration but seems fae too many players have extremely low influence attributes. You could say it's that way to be a bit more realistic but I struggle to find a single player in my Eleven sometimes who have influence.

Ps. I reckon there should be a what you like/love about CM to counter this one. Everytime we post on this, we should post on the other one as well!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910