Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrations with CM 01/02

vCash
    Thought of another one! I get annoyed that if the computer matches a release clause for one of my players I have to sell them immediately, however if I match a release clause for a player the club can wait a few days before accepting

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecoxon For This Useful Post:

vCash
    My main frustration with the game is half my fault too! I downloaded the 'Ultimate' Commentary File from this site as it sounded good, but then I started a new game, did a lot of wheeler dealing pre-season and was getting into it... then after 3 or so games I realised how cheesy, weird and error-strewn this commentary file was! So now I am stuck with persevering with a new career I am already into and excited about continuing, but will have to put up with this commentary on it forever (I play the game properly on slow, and you can't replace the commentary file back with the original when you have a save as it gives you errors).

vCash
    Haha, yeah, that one is only for those of a certain taste Three games though, mate. Not like it is three seasons.

vCash
    You send 2 scouts to the world cup and they both watch the same game and miss the next

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to merkezekrem For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 3

vCash
    Just been reminded of another minor annoyance.

Why ask me to apply for the intertoto cup place when I've just been announceed as champions?!
    [Respond] [No]

That's two clicks I'm not getting back.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    ^^^ pisses me off too

vCash
    Speaking of annoyances in CM/FM, there is one common.

Your striker is on fire, scores buckets of goals, he gets 9-10-10-10-10 in form... But then he suddenly can't hit barns door for 10 games straight.

It's like the games try to force you to sub him for next game .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Or that world class player that you just can't find a position for, I'm struggling to fit Ozil into my Arsenal team because no matter where I play him he's average at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    Speaking of annoyances in CM/FM, there is one common.

Your striker is on fire, scores buckets of goals, he gets 9-10-10-10-10 in form... But then he suddenly can't hit barns door for 10 games straight.

It's like the games try to force you to sub him for next game .
    that was michael owen in real life at LFC in the early 2000s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecoxon View Post
    Agree completely on the loan situation - I always set my entire reserve team as available for loan and rarely do many of them venture out
    this is my current problem. never had it before but right now, i have 20 young players listed for loan with only one bite in three seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    Or that world class player that you just can't find a position for, I'm struggling to fit Ozil into my Arsenal team because no matter where I play him he's average at best.
    I sometimes buy that many strikers I actually dont mind when start striker is out for 9 months, gives one of the other guys a run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    I sometimes buy that many strikers I actually dont mind when start striker is out for 9 months, gives one of the other guys a run
    i've had this before too, though not with strikers - i pretty much keep only 4 in my first team. just had alex mowatt miss 9 months which has allow other midfielders to get chances.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ajra21 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    It's often a tactical thing. In one of my 4231 tactics the AMC is always top scorer by far, no matter who I play there. So if you want your star to have good ratings, just stick him in the most advantageous position of your tactic and he'll perform because any dud would do well there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by churky View Post
    It's often a tactical thing. In one of my 4231 tactics the AMC is always top scorer by far, no matter who I play there. So if you want your star to have good ratings, just stick him in the most advantageous position of your tactic and he'll perform because any dud would do well there.
    yep, i play a 4132 & the DMC often gets great ratings even if he's a meh player.

vCash
    you know what bugs the crap of me? other managers (CPU) who don't support their players. they have an elite player who gets prize but 9 times out of 10 the manager responds with "still has work to do" or some similar crap. what happens? the star player gets pissed and eventually leaves.

just say they're great! please!

vCash
    Another frustration - quite often on the PFA Young Player of the Year isn't awarded - is there a reason for this? I've always assumed that there must be a cut off in terms of average rating and if no young player (or three young players) exceed it then they don't bother handing it out but its probably a glitch as most of the time my squad if stuffed full of good young players

vCash
    Another frustration - quite often on the PFA Young Player of the Year isn't awarded - is there a reason for this? I've always assumed that there must be a cut off in terms of average rating and if no young player (or three young players) exceed it then they don't bother handing it out but its probably a glitch as most of the time my squad if stuffed full of good young players
    really? i've think i've always seen it given. the average think could be a factor.

vCash
    It might be an ODB glitch (as that's what I'm currently playing) but, as with anything on this thread, its a slight annoyance. Especially when you have Kalam Mooniaruck on a 7.8 avg!

316'sRegen Unattached
    Something not in the game but would be nice (influenced by Freddy Adu at Brighton) - players starting on trial contracts so you have the choice to keep them or release them. Very niche, perhaps could be achieved by contracts expiring two to four weeks into the season
    there is the otion to trial a player, if they are a free agent.

316'sRegen Unattached
    Not so much an annoyance as funny this one (which i have highlighted before in some other thread)

When players are highly famous and retire they can use this fame as a player to get pretty decent jobs as a non player.

Wayne Rooney was the worst manager in history in my game but continually got manager jobs in the spanish top flight, only to be sacked 6 months later, then offered another similar job.
    The same club even appointed him three times over a five year period!

I guess players do get jobs above their abilities in real life when they irst retire (Alan Shearer) but when they get found out, no other club offers them the reigns.

I found this overall more funny than somthing to complain about

26. The Following User Says Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

Sam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Dalglish's Smile View Post
    delete it in the player_setup config file in the Data folder
    thx Kenny, it works ! thanks a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_3_16 View Post
    Not so much an annoyance as funny this one (which i have highlighted before in some other thread)

When players are highly famous and retire they can use this fame as a player to get pretty decent jobs as a non player.

Wayne Rooney was the worst manager in history in my game but continually got manager jobs in the spanish top flight, only to be sacked 6 months later, then offered another similar job.
    The same club even appointed him three times over a five year period!

I guess players do get jobs above their abilities in real life when they irst retire (Alan Shearer) but when they get found out, no other club offers them the reigns.

I found this overall more funny than somthing to complain about
    I have a similar annoyance but its that I see a lot of retired players with big reputations turn up at small clubs, often in countries that they have no links to! For example I've seen David Beckham scouting for HJK in Finland and, more bizarrely, Ronaldo (original) as a coach at Forest Green Rovers!

vCash
    Ronaldo (original) as a coach at Forest Green Rovers!
    that must be because of his high fattness attribute

30. The Following User Says Thank You to merkezekrem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Unlikely, FGR stadium has a policy of only selling vegetarian food.

vCash
    I have a similar annoyance but its that I see a lot of retired players with big reputations turn up at small clubs, often in countries that they have no links to! For example I've seen David Beckham scouting for HJK in Finland and, more bizarrely, Ronaldo (original) as a coach at Forest Green Rovers!
    Ronaldo lives in England, so the Becks one is arguably more bizarre!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast