Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain
    Tournaments Won: 11

vCash

Dropped to 177, won a World Cup group game, jumped up to 156. Worse than the FIFA rankings irl

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Mid-June 'Updating Game Data' in the middle of an international tournament when you're managing a national team
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

vCash
    Not so much a frustration as an enigma - whenever you get a message saying 'player x wants to leave club x because he requires guaranteed first team football' almost without fail when you check their profile they have played every game that season

vCash
    Haven't logged in to this site for a long time and I created a 2nd account.

My frustrations recently were related in managing a national team. I set the season into 2002/03 and managed England into Euro 2004.
    The referees often easily book my players including the strikers.
    The A.I. on the other national teams:
    - The goalkeepers sometimes play brilliantly for the teams worse (in lower ranks) than England,
    - Suddenly it gets harder when you play in tournament. Even playing against lower ranked teams sometimes harder than usual.

vCash

Work Permit?

I have played 6 seasons with Milton Keynes Dons, but cannot be allowed to buy a player who must has a work permit.

The other games I have played do not usually be that difficult.

vCash
    So, training is really annoying in this game - how the attributes are linked to the available training schedules:

Fitness : Acceleration, Agility, Jumping, Pace, Stamina, Strength and Reflexes
    Shooting : Finishing and Long Shots
    Skill : Crossing, Dribbling, Heading, Passing, Set Pieces, Tackling and Technique
    Tactics : Decisions, Marking, Off the Ball, Positioning and Teamwork
    Goalkeeping : Handling

For outfield players I've come to the conclusion that defenders don't need shooting training, so I have a separate training regime for them with shooting set to none. Everyone else is on general with medium settings for all four areas. Strikers still need tactics (decicions, off the ball, maybe teamwork), midfielders need to do everything. It's bizarre. There's no way to fully tweak your players to reach their max potential in their position, everyone is doomed to be a jack-of-all-trades.

vCash

International players fitness

After getting an international job the players gradually all become tired/unfit with levels of 40-65%. I drop them and call up fit players but this keeps happening and if your in charge of a smaller nation you can rapidly end up with very few decent quality players available.. Maybe they're just refusing to play for me but they end up dropped by their clubs or performing poorly there because of the low fitness levels as well. If I buy them for my club side I can get them to train properly and improve the fitness levels ok.

vCash
    I get frustrated at how easy it is to sign players for free. Makes the game too easy, as IRL very few players move for free. Their clubs get them to sign new contracts or they sell them. Once you get a settled squad, you can add half a dozen players for free each season and either sell them for profit, or it allows you to sell existing players and hence building up a massive transfer kitty.

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paulw66 View Post
    I get frustrated at how easy it is to sign players for free. Makes the game too easy, as IRL very few players move for free. Their clubs get them to sign new contracts or they sell them. Once you get a settled squad, you can add half a dozen players for free each season and either sell them for profit, or it allows you to sell existing players and hence building up a massive transfer kitty.
    I know what you mean. I did a 'free transfers only' game as a self-set challenge and had a great team by about season three.
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

vCash
    The way debt is always cleared on the game. I not sure but I remember playing back in the day and there was point deductions for administration but I might be confused with another version

The opposition are more likely to score from our goal kicks than their corners, and we are more likely to score from their goal kicks than our corners. I know it's because goal kicks that lead to nothing are not reported, but it still feels a bit wrong to me whenever we concede straight from our goal kick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Effiong unmarked! View Post
    The opposition are more likely to score from our goal kicks than their corners, and we are more likely to score from their goal kicks than our corners. I know it's because goal kicks that lead to nothing are not reported, but it still feels a bit wrong to me whenever we concede straight from our goal kick.
    Not reported?

# EVENT_POOR_GOAL_KICK
    # NB. This event is expected to have 2 items, no more, no less.
    = 604, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
    > 1, 1000, mock4mon.wav
    G <p1> with a weak goal kick...
    R <p1> with a weak goal kick...
    > 1, 1000, mock4mon.wav
    G <p1> with a poor goal kick...
    R <p1> with a poor goal kick...
    > 1, 1000, mock4mon.wav
    G <p1> makes a mess of the goal kick...
    R <p1> made a mess of the goal kick...
    > 1, 1000, mock4mon.wav
    G <p1> with a terrible goal kick...
    R <p1> with a terrible goal kick...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

Those are all poor goal kicks, and likely to lead to a goal against. It's the ones that lead to normal play that are under-reported, so that if the commentary mentions your goal kick, you're generally in trouble.
    Last edited by Effiong unmarked!; 26-06-19 at 03:51 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:

vCash

What drives you mad about the game?

For me, it's how easy it is to put together a great squad just using Bosmans. Sometimes it seems like every player in the game wants to run down their contract and give you the opportunity to throw wages at them. It's far too easy.

In my game Milan have just handed me their number one keeper, and one of the best in the game. Thanks Milan. But i will take no pleasure from his clean sheets as I didnt earn them.

vCash
    Also transfer related, when clubs keep flat out rejecting offers without saying the player is not for sale (they say he's a "valuable player" or smth).

Like, why don't you negotiate then?! Name your price! Instead of me having to make 17 gradually increasing offers until they finally accept. Just say the price right away and we'll get this over with. Stop wasting time!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:

vCash
    When a shit hot player gets ignored by his national team.

I've got Ramirez Howarth in the October 2018 update. He's basically a cheat player, scores 50 odd goals a season, won English POTY two years running, is arguably the best player in my game, yet he's only got 4 caps for England. He scored two in the final and was MOTM to win me the Champions League and then a few days later he's left out the Euros squad for vastly inferior players. I just don't get it.

vCash
    I think that's got a lot to do with the reputation of the player in question. I've got a fantastic Belgian keeper who I signed from a small team but he's never been in the international squad. Meanwhile, my aging sub goalie Gert De Vlieger always starts for Belgium.

FWIW, Kevin Phillips only has 8 caps for England in real life.

vCash
    Aye but Phillips didn't challenge for the league every year, win the Champions League (and the rest) or finish runner up in the UEFA men's player and striker awards.

In contrast, I signed a young striker from league 1. He hasn't kicked a ball for me yet now plays for England ahead of him.

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain
    Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Quality/rating is a factor too. It's why you see the teams on the ODB buy and never use Tsigalko. Or if you leave a club with him still at it he almost never plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post
    Also transfer related, when clubs keep flat out rejecting offers without saying the player is not for sale (they say he's a "valuable player" or smth).

Like, why don't you negotiate then?! Name your price! Instead of me having to make 17 gradually increasing offers until they finally accept. Just say the price right away and we'll get this over with. Stop wasting time!
    The various responses I see as a guide to how much you need to increase your bid by to get the player.

No Chance - 'Team x do not want to sell to a rival club in the same division' or 'Player x is indispensable'

Need significantly higher bid - 'Team x have only recently purchased player x' ' Player x is an important first team member'

A modest increase will do - 'Player x is a hot prospect for the future' 'Player x is a valuable first team member'

The point is that these players are never transfer listed or near the end of their contracts so the AI teams can screw you for as much as they can get!

vCash
    Someone mentioned they do the opposite; they start with a ridiculously high bid that is accepted right away, and then they make gradually lower offers until they are rejected. That route is often quicker..

vCash
    My bugbear is the fact that even if i have sold a player, or they have left as the contract runs out, they are still on my team list, even though you select them and it shows they belown to another club!!

So frustrating, and i cant find a way to remove them.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678